Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1629

Thread: What TM stuff are you reading/watching/consuming?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Finally got around to watching the first Camelot movie.

The best part is Bedivere and the Knights yelling at each other. My favorite was Mordred, since she's probably jealous that Bedivere's the one who got the last moment with Saber despite Mordred gutting her. Even Tristan, who's just sort of there killing people gets more depth thanks to Bedivere. The second best part is Rhongomyniad and Stella. Perfect direction, I didn't expect the somberness instead of bombast at all.

As for the rest of the movie, you can tell the creators struggled from the abundance of CGI, lack of dynamism in multiple scenes (looking at you, Stand And Shoot Tristan), and choppy pacing, but the implementation of previously unanimated Servants was satisfying; CQC Arash and Xuanzang ripping off Wukong were great. The movie reminds of DEEN UBW in that way, in that all of the pieces are there but they haven't been assembled seamlessly. As a result, the theme isn't as strong as it should've been, but you do see a lot of people trying to make the best of their lot in the post-apocalypse. Also Da Vinci is great and Serenity is cute, Matt in shambles.

tl;dr: WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE BDS FOR MOVIE TWO
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; October 15th, 2021 at 11:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've heard the second movie is a marked improvement. Nevertheless, despite having the opportunity to do so, I never went to the cinemas to watch it.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The 15 minutes we got in FGO definitely looked stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    I absolutely adore the Stella scene in movie 1. Very different from the game but still a brilliant direction to take it.

Movie 2's previews look cool as hell but I also have not seen it yet. Refuse to watch a camrip.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I've decided to bite the bullet and catch up with FGO's story at least. Not playing through it, but watching the cutscenes.
    Finished Part 1 with Solomon yesterday.

Started off really... shaky but it did improve, with a major improvement happening in the Camelot arc. IMO that was the peak of this Part, Babylonia was fun for the most part but not as tight. Solomon was a mixed bag for me, when the "Servants Assemble" scene starts it it pretty hype but it overstays its welcome and goes on for too long. The stuff in the throne did kinda save it tho.

Putting my... complicated... thoughts about FGO's "path of destruction" aside, there are still some questions I have regarding Fate mechanics working differently (or being outright ignored) in the first arcs that I thought would get answered when Nasu took over, but they didn't. I'm slowly coming around to these changes, by divorcing a bunch of terms from their counterparts in og Fate stuff.

I'm taking a break for a bit before diving back in. Fan consensus is the Lostbelts are pretty good so I expect some decent stuff when I eventually get to them.
    burn your dread you coward

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    How does Ritsuka come off in what you've seen so far?

I've noticed there hasn't been any internal narration from them really, in the game. Even in Part 2.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    The road towards getting good F/GO story content is a long one. But you're almost there.

Just gotta get through Epic of Filler first!

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    How does Ritsuka come off in what you've seen so far?

I've noticed there hasn't been any internal narration from them really, in the game. Even in Part 2.
    Part 1 is still very much a self-insert power fantasy.
    There were maybe 2 or 3 moments where the MC actually does something of significance, but there isn't really much in the way of their personality so far.
    MC-deepthroating is definitely one of the chips on my shoulder so far, but it did die down as the arcs went on, except Solomon when it came back full force for a bit.

The character is something I expect to be vastly improved in the coming arcs.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say vastly but yeah you can expect improvement.

Also just skip Agartha bro.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    @TomPen94

Worth noting that Epic of Remnant arc are stories made by different writers with entirely free rein, unsupervised by Nasu. So you might find each story's quality differ greatly depending on your preference.

There's also SE.RA.PH story, based on Fate/Extra CCC, most likely written by Nasu and is tied to Chaldea's backstory in some way. It also happened during EoR but also separate from it.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; October 27th, 2021 at 11:03 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah definitely read the CCC event as you're going through EoR

I'd say no to that, but I don't like that Extra CCC stuff outside of Foxtail.
    Last edited by Laserman; October 27th, 2021 at 08:21 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Also just skip Agartha bro.
    This is a journey of endurance on many levels. I'll make it through.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    There's also SE.RA.PH story, based on Fate/Extra CCC, most likely written by Nasu and is tied to Chaldea's backstory in some way.
    Of all places to pull stuff from, CCC... That's one of the things I haven't touched yet... You know, *cough*translation*cough*

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Most of FGO's player base hasn't touched CCC either but the event is still one of the most liked ones, so I think it's fine as a stand alone.

Also, it's not skippable if you want to experience the whole story. It's basically a main chapter.

Blog Entries
    I've tried reading the novels untranslated before and my japanese was way too low level for that. How is CCC?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

I've decided to bite the bullet and catch up with FGO's story at least. Not playing through it, but watching the cutscenes.

Started off really... shaky but it did improve, with a major improvement happening in the Camelot arc. IMO that was the peak of this Part, Babylonia was fun for the most part but not as tight. Solomon was a mixed bag for me, when the "Servants Assemble" scene starts it it pretty hype but it overstays its welcome and goes on for too long. The stuff in the throne did kinda save it tho.

Putting my... complicated... thoughts about FGO's "path of destruction" aside, there are still some questions I have regarding Fate mechanics working differently (or being outright ignored) in the first arcs that I thought would get answered when Nasu took over, but they didn't. I'm slowly coming around to these changes, by divorcing a bunch of terms from their counterparts in og Fate stuff.

I'm taking a break for a bit before diving back in. Fan consensus is the Lostbelts are pretty good so I expect some decent stuff when I eventually get to them.
    elaborate on the rules part

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Most of FGO's player base hasn't touched CCC either but the event is still one of the most liked ones, so I think it's fine as a stand alone.

Also, it's not skippable if you want to experience the whole story. It's basically a main chapter.
    I won't skip it. It would just be nice to know CCC before doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    elaborate on the rules part
    Things that bothered me at first were the Masterless Summonings, which have been sort of addressed in dialogue, but not fully explained yet. I know the Grails in the Singularities are different, but it is never specified what caused those Servants to be summoned, why those Heroic Spirits specifically are the ones being summoned, and how they get around without an anchor or source of magical energy.

The other is the weird way the Throne of Heroes operates. Atalanta showed up in Orleans as an enemy, then again in Okeanos as an ally, and she referenced having met the MC in France before. Except the copy of Atalanta in the Throne of Heroes should not be able to gain memories so how does she remember that? Elizabeth even jokes about being summoned 3 times over. And on that note if it is the same Elizabeth across all her appearances why are there duplicates of her in the Servants Assemble scene in Solomon? Other times Servants don't recall they'd had run-ins with the MC before, like Cú.
    Merlin in Babylonia is also a weird case, you don't need to be "dead" in the present to be summoned at all, as the Throne of Heroes exists outside time. This is a thing since the very beginning with Archer in FSN. But this one is easier to forgive as there are ways to be summoned as a Servant without being part of the Throne of Heroes in the first place, so this is just added to that list.

I'm slowly getting around by just thinking of Servants in Singularities operating completely differently to regular Servants, to the point they aren't even really the same thing. But it is a term that has baggage, and therefore I expect characters under this umbrella to operate by the previously established rules.
    Last edited by TomPen94; October 28th, 2021 at 05:42 AM.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar

TBH, it's hard to get the same payoff from the latter Singularities, especially Babylonia and Solomon, if you're not actually playing the game. Since I assume you didn't actually stop to watch all the Event stories that intervened or watch some of the more "plot-directed" battles like the Gifted Knights in Camelot, Eresh's Gauntlet, Endless Clone Ushiwaka or the Peaceful Lahmu, you're actually missing important context beyond the time investment in grinding and rolling for waifus. You're still getting the story, but only like 80% of it.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; October 28th, 2021 at 08:40 AM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

*Shakes fist at sky*

Damn you Nasu for gameplay and story intergration!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, SE.RA.PH. requires CCC a lot less than Yuga Kshetra does.