Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 5455053545556576065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1636

Thread: What TM stuff are you reading/watching/consuming?

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    There are memories done by their version somewhere in a different timeline that leave Heroic Spirit so much impression that it's engraved on their Saint Graph(A foundation that make up that Heroic Spirit's base in ToH), it affects every version that is summoned from that point onward.

One example would be a certain Caster, who is so horrified of what he's done to his Master in certain timeline to achieve his dream, he vows to atone for it from then on should he ever be summoned again.
    It still doesnt work though, you cant have the throne change and also claim its always out of time/is non-linear

thats how you get the

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I was only planning on following up on my FGO escapades once I caught up with NA (and then again after scrambling something up until Avalon le Fae).
    However, I am passing by earlier than predicted having gone through two Lostbelts.

And what I have to say is that the end of LB2 got me to tears.

If you'd told me, back when I started this trip, that I'd have a reaction like that to this game I would've laughed you off the building.
    I NEVER expected something like this.

What you can expect from me though is for me to drastically change my tone regarding this game, at the very least when addressing the story.
    Last edited by TomPen94; November 20th, 2021 at 09:51 PM.
    burn your dread you coward

I'm going to start my Fate/Zero rewatch that I've been talking about for a while now, I'll post about that in a thread. And I plan on reading that Shimousa manga too.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I just finished Kagetsu Tohya a while ago, it was great. Len turned out to be one of my favorite Tsukihime characters.
    I'll reread Fate/stay night soon and I'm currently playing FGO.

I've been reading Fate/Hollow which I am nearing the end of. Bazet's scenes are really cool and it's a shame that TM forgot about her. The only issue I really have with the VN is that the classmate characters that are only in the beginning of Fate/Stay Night show up way to much for my tastes. I would rather see more characters that I actually care about. Outside of that it's actually really good.

Perspective makes you think you're right. Escavalien's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeLord View Post
    I've been reading Fate/Hollow which I am nearing the end of. Bazet's scenes are really cool and it's a shame that TM forgot about her. The only issue I really have with the VN is that the classmate characters that are only in the beginning of Fate/Stay Night show up way to much for my tastes. I would rather see more characters that I actually care about. Outside of that it's actually really good.
    If you want more Bazett you could try out Fate Kaleid. Also speaking of the classmate characters are Ayako and Issei parts of that? Do they get more scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by Escavalien View Post
    If you want more Bazett you could try out Fate Kaleid. Also speaking of the classmate characters are Ayako and Issei parts of that? Do they get more scenes?
    Yes Ayako and Issei get a lot more scenes in fate/hollow then in fate/stay. So does Yukika, Kane and Kaede. They still don't play a huge role but they do show up a lot more. I've thought about trying Kaleid but i'm not that big into magical girl stories and I feel I would dislike it.

Perspective makes you think you're right. Escavalien's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i'm not that big into magical girl stories and I feel I would dislike it.
    I'm not either, it's been making me put it off for the longest time, and there are pages where I say "WHY" especially if the drawing is too suggestive for my taste but the actual story is pretty awesome to read. One of the things that surprised me was the fight choreography, I watched some of the anime versions of the fights and they were so much less impactful and memorable because the manga fights are tightly knit together with interesting tension.

For what it's worth, it's known for being less like a magical girl story and more like a Fate one the longer it goes on. Though, that reputation made me expect to dislike the start of the story but I enjoyed it all the same. I'm pretty picky so I feel like if I somehow ended up liking it then nobody's too far gone.

The only issue I really have with the VN is that the classmate characters that are only in the beginning of Fate/Stay Night show up way to much for my tastes. I would rather see more characters that I actually care about. Outside of that it's actually really good.
    I love the classmates personally. It's really fun to see their unknowing interactions with the servants. Like Issei being an nagging brother-in-law towards Caster, or Yukika's dynamic with Assassin. It's cute, heartwarming even. And the more normal slice of life stuff is also fun, i love to see Shirou, Sakura and Rin hanging out with their friends and being normal teenagers, specially after all the crap they go through in F/SN. I could only complain about the lack of Archer and Shinji scenes, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasista View Post
    I love the classmates personally. It's really fun to see their unknowing interactions with the servants. Like Issei being an nagging brother-in-law towards Caster, or Yukika's dynamic with Assassin. It's cute, heartwarming even. And the more normal slice of life stuff is also fun, i love to see Shirou, Sakura and Rin hanging out with their friends and being normal teenagers, specially after all the crap they go through in F/SN. I could only complain about the lack of Archer and Shinji scenes, honestly.
    Yeah the interactions between Saber Rin and Sakura is probably my favorite part of it. It's very interesting to see the servants act like normal people in some ways it actually improves F/SN because it makes it easier to sympathize with them. In some ways it makes sense to not have many archer scenes as compared to the other servants because he doesn't really have a backstory like they do. All of them have myths they can use to expand the character but he doesn't really have that which probably made him a lot harder to write.

To be honest, I was happy with the amount of content Archer got because I didn’t think he needed any more after FSN.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant

Kosumosu in za Rosutoberuto - Zenpen

I realize LB5 is releasing like in a few hours and I'll be able to check it in a couple days, but since I'm technically caught up with the story in NA, here's your scheduled "Tom witnesses FGO's redemption arc" segment.

I think what I just went through is likely what many people that begrudgingly got into FGO also experienced. A very shaky start saved by Nasu's hand at the last minute, followed by a solid stretch of Nasu-less arcs, followed by a Holy-shit-how-is-it-this-good finish. Simply put, the Lostbelts are amazing, and spoilers ahoy.

• The Prologue kicks things off very well, turning the status-quo upside down, ejecting the crew from Chaldea and ending the fakking world for good measure. Stuff that, frankly, I never thought would actually happen.
    • Anastasia gets us into the actual routine of what this story arc entails and I like that it didn't shy away from the moral dilemma inherent to the Lostbelts. In fact, it bakes into the very formula of the saga. The structure is immaculate and the Apocrypha ppl that showed up here got a massive boost in characterization. A masterclass on how to weave high world-ending stakes with personal and emotional struggle. Kadoc and Anastasia were cool af (cute couple too).
    • Götterdamerüng ups the ante on the emotional side of things. It's a bit messier structure-wise but it makes up for it with a relentless flurry of gutpunches towards the end. Like... screw me if I didn't feel like shit after this. It has, to date, my favorite moment in the game. A beautifully sad ending to a girl that had just found out what sadness was. That moment got to me. I shed a tear over it. It is that powerful.
    • SIN opens with the (re)introduction of Sion, so it automatically gets points there. It has a solid throughline from start to finish, a pretty cool twist with the not-really-True-Ancestor, and an absolutely fantastic main antagonist. QSH is so cool I was almost rooting for them just off of their charisma alone.
    • Ooku is not a Lostbelt but it sorta sets up LB4 and it sorta follows up on SE.RA.PH so I checked it out. Kama is hot, really freaking hot. That is all.
    • Yuga Kshetra continues the LB streak. With a really clever twist, including the correct way of using time-travel in a story, and an absolutely bombastic finale with Super Indian God Super Indian Karna facing off against Ultra Divinity Arjuna. It also contains my second favorite scene so far. That Jinako Skyboulder sequence is... just phenomenal...

Very much looking forward to LB5 and seeing what Kirschtaria Chadime has to offer. Then to flack around for a way to read LB5.2 and LB5.5.
    Shouldn't be much longer until I get to finally read that elusive LB6, a major factor in motivating me to finally get off my ass and pick FGO up.

US Friend Code
    Anastasia is my favorite chapter in the English game so far. I've heard wonderful things about Atlantis though and am super excited for it tonight/tomorrow.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Kirschtaria Chadime is the greatest Chad in the history of Chading in all of Chad Land.
    This guy's balls are so big they drag on the floor 24/7 and that's why his sprite only shows you his upper body.

Also
    I am not me anymore

I fuckin sobbed over this shit. God fukkin damn...

(Thanks You, for translating this scene. Best one in this game so far)

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Currently? Nothing at all. The whole company has left a bitter taste in my mouth by now. Also, to some degree, the fans themselves.

I hadn't even checked what's going on with Fate for, what, it seems a month now? Every time I just check back out of habit I just seem to find something else that makes me angry about it.

I'm depressed overall so that might be a part of it, but I just don't derive any real pleasure from exploring this lore anymore. Mostly, I just feel frustration. Compulsion keeps me pulling back to check every once in a while but by now I just see a company trying to take advantage of its fandom treating them like sheep and that irritates me.

been reading some of my old doujin collection
    that one where Saber gets stuck in Shirou's shirt is fucking godly

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I said in another thread I was going to play Melty Blood Re-Act Arcade but it turns out I suck way too much to beat it without continues so I said 'fuck it' and just watched videos of it on youtube.
    White Len's voice is pure sex.

So then I decided to start re-reading Ataraxia, this time with voices. Mr. A's story kinda has higurashi vibes now that I think about it. Must be the photographic backgrounds and the noises at night.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Due to the evergreen nature of the topic, I've made a decision—as a mod—to stick this thread.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant

Kosumosu in za Rosutoberuto - Chūhen

For the past two and a half months I've been binging FGO in a marathon I don't think I've matched since back when I was in highschool.
    I have now finished Heian-kyo and finally began reading LB6.

Atlantis - Strongest structure since LB1 imo. It revisits characters from some maligned Singularities and actually makes them cool. Artemis and Orion are night and day compared to their appearance in Okeanos. Plus Kirschtaria's appearance here knocked my socks off.
    Olympus - Zeus had an asbolutely terrifying presence... until his machine form was revealed, lol. But aside from that this was a very cathartic experience on all fronts. Black Barrel is cool af. Musashi is cool af. And Kirschtaria is a fucking legend. In addition to this, it has a ridiculously emotional scene that completely destroyed me, my favorite scene so far.
    Heian-kyo - Hard to follow up Olympus, this is here cuz it's about Limbo and it finally got rid of him, so that's a plus. It's a fun adventure and Kintoki is pretty cool. Cool theme song too.

Fingers crossed for Avalon le Fae to justify its hype to me. If anyone can do it, Mr. Eggplant himself is it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    For the past two and a half months I've been binging FGO in a marathon I don't think I've matched since back when I was in highschool.
    I have now finished Heian-kyo and finally began reading LB6.

Atlantis - Strongest structure since LB1 imo. It revisits characters from some maligned Singularities and actually makes them cool. Artemis and Orion are night and day compared to their appearance in Okeanos. Plus Kirschtaria's appearance here knocked my socks off.
    Olympus - Zeus had an asbolutely terrifying presence... until his machine form was revealed, lol. But aside from that this was a very cathartic experience on all fronts. Black Barrel is cool af. Musashi is cool af. And Kirschtaria is a fucking legend. In addition to this, it has a ridiculously emotional scene that completely destroyed me, my favorite scene so far.
    Heian-kyo - Hard to follow up Olympus, this is here cuz it's about Limbo and it finally got rid of him, so that's a plus. It's a fun adventure and Kintoki is pretty cool. Cool theme song too.

Fingers crossed for Avalon le Fae to justify its hype to me. If anyone can do it, Mr. Eggplant himself is it.
    I imagine you're gonna change your standpoint more than once as you read through. All I can say is that things are not as they might seem.