Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 18586366676869707378 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1668

Thread: What TM stuff are you reading/watching/consuming?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    what existed
    I don't get it
    Bridge was a poster on this forum some 7-8 years ago. He used to go in depth in his comments too.
    But when he left he asked for the whole of his account to be deleted. Only way you'll see parts of his posts now is through replies to them.
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    I see
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Blog Entries
    Yet truly the bridge was burnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

So, I watched Tsukihime with some friends.

That's all I have to say about that, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My condolences.

Blog Entries
    Are they still your friends
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

No, I shall have to cut all ties.

Tsukihime at the very least has this track which is an absolute banger, it's just too bad whenever it plays and you think it's gonna be all cool, it never is because they fight with their potato peeling knives for like 2 seconds and then the song continues playing over a scene where it doesn't fit at all. In that sense, and that they had like 4 songs they kept repeating over and over, it really did capture what it's like to play the OG Tsukihime VN though, so I guess kudos for that.

Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Blog Entries
    Tsuki's small soundtrack is a strength, not a weakness
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Yeah I love hearing the same 8 songs on repeat with terrible looping for like 40 hours.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Its vast emotional canvas required no more than
    PLIN PLIN PLON
    three timeless notes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Yeah I love hearing the same 8 songs on repeat with terrible looping for like 40 hours.
    unironically this
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Picked up the US version of FGO again, and trying to reach at least the end of the 3rd Lostbelt before Ooku's rerun. For now I finished both Salem and Anastasia and was surprised at how much I enjoyed them.

Regarding Salem, I really enjoyed the main cast, giving the spotlight to weak rarity servants was really cool, especially having Sanson not glued to Marie (until the end at least) was refreshing,Robin, Circe and Mata Hari
    were cool too. I also found myself way more attached to Mash than in Part 1, but maybe I was just in a better mood or something.
    The chapter had a great "thriller" vibe, and built up tension with the witch trials very well.
    The last third was pretty meh though, with the whole Lovecraft stuff. Not a fan.

For Anastasia, while I found the main cast to be weaker than Salem's (I couldn't give less of a shit about Avicebron/Bewolf/Billy and Atalante was only great at the end), it was made up for with the Yaga characterization,
    and obviously Patxi, the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star part was peak. Now for Kadoc and Anastasia, I think their dynamic was great with the way they both belived in each other, but I can't help to think the "you stole our
    chance to save the world" thing is super petty, which I guess fits with Kadoc but I wonder if it'll work with the other Crypters. Anastasia by herself I didn't care much for.
    My favorite chapter with Babylonia.
    Something I didn't really understand though, was why are the Opritchniki refered to as a "Noble Phantasm" if Ivan is still alive ?

On to Losbelt 2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by SentinelSaphire View Post
    Something I didn't really understand though, was why are the Opritchniki refered to as a "Noble Phantasm" if Ivan is still alive ?
    It's been quite a while now (I'm not sure when this first happened, but it was REALLY long ago), but NPs sort of stopped being the "crystallized mystery materialized alongside a Servant", a sort of recreation of past myths, and became more like a catch-all term for these super-powerful weapons and abilities that these super-powerful (heroic spirit candidates?) beings possessed in life. So one of the earlier ones would probably be Fragarach, and then you have the actual Rhongomyniad (not the tower) that Gray carries, rather than the one summoned alongside CCO. Both of these are NPs even though they're not crystallized alongside Servants.

I guess it's the natural progression (or dilution?) of the term, much like how "Servant" and "Heroic Spirit" became completely interchangeable (although this might have happened in FSN already, I can't remember), how the Ruler class went from like "a class for saints without a wish for the grail that is meant to mediate a HGW to "they literally ruled a kingdom lol" (and I guess you can ask how "world-spawned" servants can even be extra classes if they were all originally "artificially" made to function specifically for the HGWs?), or how Saint Graph seemed at first to be referring specifically to the "Servant container" but now everything that's any degree of magical has one (though this one makes more sense when taken literally, as it just means like "spirit foundation").

Anyway, point is think of it less like "Servant ultimate attack" thingy and more like "anyone's ultimate attack thingy", at least when they're on "servant levels", so to speak, which Ivan absolutely was.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Understandable. The Japanese term for Noble Phantasm is Hougu(宝具), meaning Valuable/Precious Tool, which is more applicable in wider means. The term Noble Phantasm gives off a sense that it's exclusive for ghosts/apparitions.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For whatever it's worth, the first instance of the term Noble Phantasm is Ciel asking Shiki what did he use to kill Arcueid.

US Friend Code
    Oh, I understand now. Thank you all for your answers.

US Friend Code
    Started playing OG Extra (with the translation fix patch ofc). Went with Tamamo.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Good luck. Being the OG game of Extraverse, there are flawed game systems there (Dungeon can only be visited once per day, Servant's status level up with distributable points but can only be allocated to one attribute per level). Tamamo is the hardest Servant to play as, and her strength lies in using the right Skill corresponding to enemy actions, and in conjunction with Mantra: Bestial Sky/Merciful Sky(they're like Concentrate in SMT).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Imagine playing extra and not using cheats and fast forward button

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Imagine playing extra and not using cheats and fast forward button
    Oh absolutely.

- - - Updated - - -

Chiwa is using a slightly squeakier voice for Tamamo than what she'd settle on later in this and it's throwing me off.