Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 21616669707172737681 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1627

Thread: What TM stuff are you reading/watching/consuming?

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Checking the manga version of Iselma. The flow of Iselma's beginning is already severely dragged down by the weight of all the exposition it's set out to do, but wow, these walls of text look so much worse in manga format. I feel like this is the golden counterargument against people who ask for adaptations to keep all the narrator monologues intact.
    Text-based media just doesn't adapt to visual mediums well. Ignoring such adaptations as a rule has proved a comfortable prejudice.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Checking the manga version of Iselma. The flow of Iselma's beginning is already severely dragged down by the weight of all the exposition it's set out to do, but wow, these walls of text look so much worse in manga format. I feel like this is the golden counterargument against people who ask for adaptations to keep all the narrator monologues intact.
    I do not envy the scanlation needing to clean and typeset all the text walls in the Elmo manga.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Togashi moment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    So, I read MELTY BLOOD Back Alley Nightmare again (in preparation for LB7, personal theories, etc).

And my god, once you actually start to process what's going on in this manga, it's like magic. I will admit it's taken me like 3 reads, copious amounts of slow-reading, tons of theory-video intake, and a talk with the greatest Lev fan in the world (who claims to have read MBBAN "over 500 times") to actually grasp it, but...

One day I'll see if I can create some kind of guide to reading it, as well as a proper translation (the current one is quite bad), because I want others to be able to have this kind of experience.
    I would be extremely interested in that, if only because I had no idea that there was even stuff to grasp. I might have to reread it myself.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You can take a look at my theory thread in the F/GO sub-forum for a brief introduction.

Blog Entries
    I think I know where you're going with that. I won't attempt to spoil it since I feel like you're getting to the part about where Bluebook comes from, but I feel like we came to the same conclusions, so all the more reason to revisit MBBAN and see what I missed.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

I just read the Tsuki no Sango manga for the first time today. I enjoyed it, my brain makes me want to generate theories about it but I’m just gonna ignore that. It was a nice short and sweet story about a missed connection between someone who was becoming human and someone who abandoned humanity.

It was a nice little short story and even really relatable at parts. I’m sure a lot of folks here read the manga or the original short story, but if you haven’t then definitely give it a look.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The novel is pretty good too. I actually forget if it's translated though.

I've made it to the end of the currently translated chapters of the Fate/Extra CCC Foxtail Manga and I have to say that it's pretty good compared to what I thought it was going to be like. The whole thing is very weird but overall the story was interesting enough for me to want to push past those scenes. Going into the manga I didn't really care all that much about Tamamo but now that I know more about her I feel like I was missing out on one of the best fate servants.

US Friend Code
    I just read Notes for the first time, it was pretty weird, in a good way. I don't know what I thought of it, and I like this feeling.

V/V is best girl.

US Friend Code
    Yeah, she was very sweet for a character written in less than 8 pages! I wish I was proficient enough with Japanese so I could read the Material Book that I bought and learn a bit more about this world, instead of relying on the Wiki...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Biche View Post
    I just read Notes for the first time, it was pretty weird, in a good way. I don't know what I thought of it, and I like this feeling.
    For how short it is, it's really good.

Just wish there was more.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Enden Cage. Someday.

I've been playing quite a lot of FGO lately. After refusing to play this game for a while I finally gave up and it just sunk me in like a swamp.

On the other hand I also started watching Kara no Kyoukai movies. Not a big fan of a movies as a concept but since it's that long of a series I don't mind. First one was great so I'm quite excited for the rest of them.

I love those movies. I feel like I'll rewatch them sometime this year.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Biche View Post
    Yeah, she was very sweet for a character written in less than 8 pages! I wish I was proficient enough with Japanese so I could read the Material Book that I bought and learn a bit more about this world, instead of relying on the Wiki...
    I think the material book is already translated for it, I thought?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Re-reading F/SN, because I felt like it.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
    Re-reading F/SN, because I felt like it.
    I really want to do that to! I bought a copy a few years back but it's pretty complex to install, because I have to put my computer in Japanese and install the official patch just so it can work.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    I think the material book is already translated for it, I thought?
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...12#post3145912 Found it! I didn't look at the right places yet, Nasuverse is extensive, man.