26 28.26%
  • I neither like nor dislike Shinji

19 20.65%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like Shinji? Episode II

the tortured magi department Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    And now a question. When we see Shinji, our instinct is to detest him because he reflects the worst in ourselves. Have you ever behaved like Shinji?
    Hopefully not, but I've been around people who behave like Shinji. 0/10 do not recommend.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have you ever behaved like Shinji?
    I, too, was once a Teen

And now a question. When we see Shinji, our instinct is to detest him because he reflects the worst in ourselves. Have you ever behaved like Shinji?
    Yeah.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    Hopefully not, but I've been around people who behave like Shinji. 0/10 do not recommend.
    Every morning, open your family records and look at the cool things your ancestors did and say, "Look at this, aren't I the coolest?" and you will transform.

Blog Entries
    Every morning, open your family records and look at the cool things your ancestors did and say, "Look at this, aren't I the coolest?" and you will transform.
    I'm a mongrel without such breeding, tbh. The downfall of the Matou line makes me laugh except I want to Save Sakura.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

ive never behaved like shinji because ive always been Cool and Hardcore

Blog Entries
    I'm not saying I'm going to rename rodyle to Kota, I'm just saying I think it would be funny and I may go out drinking tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I think it's safe to say that you can reasonably call Shinji a decent character while also finding him to be the vile scum of the earth.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I... I identify with weak characters
    I always end up identifying with the boss characters. Kotomine and Gil.

In Shinji's case though it's more like he isn't cool, I guess. That and what Frosty said.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Hes not worthy of The King.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    And if he was a strong asshole he would be more likable?
    Yes? Obviously. You shouldn't even have to ask. That's the difference between Gil and Shinji. Gil is also an asshole, but he has cool and poweful abilities, and a strong personality, so he's still interesting, even if he is definitely evil, and I would not like him if he was an actual person in real life. But as a character he's interesting, and I like him. Shinji is boring, weak, and an asshole, so there's just nothing interesting about him for me as a character.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    Same.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honestly one of the most relatable Shinji things was, you know the thing mentioned at the beginning about how he got in a fight with Shirou once, and Shirou assumed the fight was over afterwards, and Shinji thought they were still fighting. I was in that situation, I was Shinji, fuck you Melissa you have some nerve inviting me to your vegan BBQ after that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I always end up identifying with the boss characters. Kotomine and Gil.

In Shinji's case though it's more like he isn't cool, I guess. That and what Frosty said.
    He's a convincing portrait of a person who nontheless isn't particularly interesting to engage with.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    I know that if I suddenly self-inserted into Shinji, I would need some sugoi plan to be the onii-sama that Sakura has always depended on.

Step 1. Run to Rin and cry until she solves all my problems out of crippling personal guilt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    I think it's safe to say that you can reasonably call Shinji a decent character while also finding him to be the vile scum of the earth.
    I'm even willing to give him some, like, multicellular dignity and sympathy, but he keeps grinding away at that...

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    The only reason I would self insert into shinji would be to indulge in a fantasy of inserting myself into Sakura.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I had a Shinji moment when I failed my driving exam and everyone kept 'accidentally' reminding me that my brother passed it on his first try.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    The thing I like about Shinji is how he contrasts with Sakura. You think they're different but they're very similar. Truly family...
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Honestly one of the most relatable Shinji things was, you know the thing mentioned at the beginning about how he got in a fight with Shirou once, and Shirou assumed the fight was over afterwards, and Shinji thought they were still fighting. I was in that situation, I was Shinji, fuck you Melissa you have some nerve inviting me to your vegan BBQ after that
    This post makes this thread worthwhile. I'm crying.

Shinji score: +1/-1000000000

Other Links

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    The thing I like about Shinji is how he contrasts with Sakura. You think they're different but they're very similar. Truly family...
    Zouken's insanity spreads like a meme.