Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fanfic Contests/Exchanges You Can Enter TM Works In Off BL

Blog Entries
    I want to hear about the adventures of the Mutant Penguin with its Man-Eating Plant and Possessed Laptop.

I mean, I guess I could literally request that, but I somehow doubt I'd get matched with anyone. Unless they're reckless enough to sign up for Original Work and All Characters ...
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure someone will make a real AAA blockbuster with the classic combo of Original Alien Character(s), Original Space Marine Character(s), Male Soldier, and Male Space Traveller.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    How does one possess a penis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    How does one possess a penis
    I am given to understand that approximately fifty per cent of the human race manages it.

At some risk to sanity, admittedly.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yuletide 2016 (Admin Comm) (Nominations Form) (Schedule) (Eligibility) (Evidence Post)

This fic exchange is one of the most-famous fic exchanges and the reason I made this thread for those of you who feel that your non-Fate TM properties get ignored. I encourage you to read the links, particularly the eligibility post, because I believe you will understand it more clearly than me trying to translate it for you. The guiding principle of this exchange is that it is for rare fandoms. This usually is defined as fandoms which have fewer than 1000 fics completed on AO3 and ff.net combined. Complete is defined as "at least 1000 words, complete, in English." Sometimes, there are exceptions. The Evidence Post is important for vetting or explaining anything that is confusing. This fic exchange has a very large participation base usually. It is centered around the Yuletide holiday season, but most fics in my experience don't necessarily directly involve a holiday-oriented theme. You can indicate whether or not that is something that interests you in your letter when that stage comes.

Schedule

Nominations: Friday 9 September to Saturday 17 September
    Between 17 and 30 September, we will edit and approve nominations. Please keep an eye out for questions about your fandom from the tagmod team!
    Sign-ups: Saturday 1 October to Monday 10 October
    Assignments will go out by Sunday 16 October
    Madness opens and all prompts revealed: Tuesday 1 November
    Default deadline: Sun 11 Dec
    Assignment deadline: Sun 18 Dec
    Some pinch hits may be due later. The main collection will close for posting, and open for reading, on December 25. The Madness collection will close for posting, and open for reading, on December 26.

All deadlines are at 9am UTC this year. See below for these times in your own timezone. If your region has an adjustment to or from Daylight Savings Time, your relationship to UTC will change when the adjustment is made - so please make sure you know when each deadline is.
    9am UTC on 17 September
    9am UTC on 10 October
    9am UTC on 11 December
    9am UTC on 18 December
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Blog Entries
    Ahahaha, someone nominated Seihai-kun in the Fate category. I almost want to offer that.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    That was one of the reasons that I nominated Shinji. I don't even like Shinji...

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Just a thread bump to remind anyone who was interested in nominating any Type Moon characters for Yuletide that the nominations close in a few hours. I nominated the 'main four' from KnK and Mana, but if anyone has anyone else from smaller Type Moon fandoms they would like to nominate, get on it!

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Just a reminder announcement that Yuletide sign-ups are open until Monday, October 10.

AO3 Sign-Up Form | Tagset

Nominated Type Moon characters in fandom divisions appear to be:

Fate/stay night & Related Fandoms

• Emiya Kiritsugu (Fate/stay night)
    • Heroic Spirit EMIYA | Archer (F/SN)
    • Illyasviel von Einzbern (F/SN VN)
    • Matou Sakura (F/SN VN)
    • Medusa | Rider (F/sn VN)
    • Saber Alter (F/sn VN)

Fate/Zero

• Arturia Pendragon | Saber (Fate/Zero)
    • Emiya Kiritsugu (Fate/Zero)
    • Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate/Zero)
    • Kotomine Kirei (Fate/Zero)
    • Gilgamesh (Fate/Zero)

Kara no Kyoukai | The Garden of Sinners

• Aozaki Touko (Kara no Kyoukai)
    • Kokutou Azaka (Kara no Kyoukai)
    • Kokutou Mikiya (Kara no Kyoukai)
    • Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)

Tsukihime

• Kohaku (Tsukihime)
    • Tohno Akiha

Those are the only ones I saw at a glance. If anyone nominated other Type Moon characters under some other category I don't know to look for, please add.

Remember that in optional details you can allow for unnominated characters to be included in addition to your nominated requested character(s).

Yuletide works on AND matching, meaning that someone has to offer everything you request to match with you, so be selective for this one. (You probably want to request based on a single focal character and indicate other characters you like interacting with that person or nominate people you would ship or typically associate in a group. I can explain further if that will help you.)

Yuletide also has a unique option where you can select no characters and indicate that you would like a general worldbuilding fic, but in that case, you are giving your author very free reign for what to include as long as it is in-universe worldbuilding. I have never requested that, so I don't know a lot about it, but you can find all the information and places to ask questions on the official yuletide comm: http://yuletide-admin.livejournal.com/ (probably mirrored on dreamwidth if you prefer)

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, I found this under the only Video Games section. MORE FATE.

Fate/EXTRA

• Tohsaka Rin (Fate/EXTRA)
    • Archer (Fate/EXTRA)
    • Elizabeth Bathory | Lancer (Fate/EXTRA CCC)
    • Kishinami Hakuno
    • Nero | Saber (Fate/EXTRA)
    • Tamamo-no-Mae | Caster (Fate/EXTRA)

Fate/Grand Order

• Cu Chulainn | Berkserker (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Florence Nightingale | Berserker (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Karna | Lancer (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Leonardo da Vinci | Caster (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Martha | Rider (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Nikola Tesla | Archer (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Nitrocris | Caster (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Olga Marie Animusphere
    • Orion | Artemis | Archer (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Ozymandias | Rider (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Rama | Saber (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Sasaki Kojirou | Assassin (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Scathach | Lancer (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Thomas Edison | Caster (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Ushiwakamaru | Rider (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Arjuna | Archer (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Edmond Dantes | Avenger (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Female Protagonist (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Male Protagonist (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Mashu Kyrielite | Shielder
    • Medb | Rider (Fate/Grand Order)

... I was wondering where all the Grand Order people were.

Other Links

Spoiler:

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    Oops, I found this under the only Video Games section. MORE FATE.

Fate/Grand Order

• Cu Chulainn | Berkserker (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Florence Nightingale | Berserker (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Karna | Lancer (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Leonardo da Vinci | Caster (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Martha | Rider (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Nikola Tesla | Archer (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Nitrocris | Caster (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Olga Marie Animusphere
    • Orion | Artemis | Archer (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Ozymandias | Rider (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Rama | Saber (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Sasaki Kojirou | Assassin (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Scathach | Lancer (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Thomas Edison | Caster (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Ushiwakamaru | Rider (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Arjuna | Archer (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Edmond Dantes | Avenger (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Female Protagonist (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Male Protagonist (Fate/Grand Order)
    • Mashu Kyrielite | Shielder
    • Medb | Rider (Fate/Grand Order)

... I was wondering where all the Grand Order people were.
    Lol, nice.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

Blog Entries
    Another thing, while I'm thinking about it. The yuletide-admin urls are the official business ones for Yuletide. However, http://yuletide.dreamwidth.org/ and its livejournal counterpart are unofficial chats. There are various sort of internal, traditional, organized, but technically unofficial challenges or supplementary things you can discover and request there. If you are a fic writer, it's an opportunity to network outside BL if you want to do that. Two of the unofficial little prompting drives I think are Crueltide (which is for darkfic) and something about kink that I can't remember the name of.

I am pointing you in the direction of http://yuletide.dreamwidth.org/ because there's a very helpful post about how to write a Dear Author letter and also how to share said Dear Author letter in a way that will get it effectively added to giant Letter Database Thing. This is nice because people usually get really into treat giving if you get good prompts in early as long as they're not so obscure that it's impossible.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Shitposting in my own thread because I am wired and freaked myself out reading creepy things on wikipedia:

If you are planning to sign up, be sure you have a good look at the tagset if you are easily humored by fanfiction of absolutely obscure things. There's no guarantee it will be written, but Yuletide has a culture of going out of its way to nominate ridiculous things. For example, the "Mayhem" car insurance commercials are an option.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    No idea if anyone on BL but me signed up for Yuletide, but I was just checking the admin comm and found this announcement in case it's relevant to anyone here.

Yuletide admins purged assignments by mistake and are working with AO3 to correct the situation. If you want to check your assignment's details in the meantime, you can search the email associated with your AO3 account for email(s) entitled: [AO3][Yuletide 2016] Your Assignment!

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Totally not my cup-of-tea, but if anyone would be interested in fulfilling this prompt:

Spoiler:
    Fate/Grand Order

Cu Chulainn | Berkserker (Fate/Grand Order)

Xenokink + masturbation, but no Medb at all, please and thank you. Bonus if he's showing off to an audience who doesn't know they've been discovered.

... it is outstanding pinch-hit #318. The same person requested Mystic Messenger and one other thing I've never heard of. If you're interested, you'll need an AO3 name, the #318, and to email your interest to [email protected]

On the yuletide community, you'll find a place to post requests from the approved tagset even if you didn't sign up to be fulfilled by the good graces of other participants as a probable but not guaranteed thank you. This only applies if you are the official pinch-hitter with it in your assignment cue, though, so if you wanna do it, chop-chop. Preferred deadline 9am UTC 23 December, but negotiable.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Like I said. NOT MY CUP OF TEA. I'm just trying to be a good Samaritan...

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Without Medb what's the point.

Blog Entries
    You'd have to ask that person, but there's a reason I didn't post their AO3 name because of aggressive anti-opinion holding.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't post it for it to be made fun of. I posted to try to get a pinch-hit spread around in case it'd help.

Other Links

Spoiler:

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    no Medb at all, please and thank you
    d ropped
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Again, not me, but neither is the Medb thirst lol.

Other Links

Spoiler: