Thread: Yuri anime.

Blog Entries

Yuri anime.

Couldn't find any other threads when using the search function. I'm a big lover of yuri, so...This is a thread for discussing yuri anime, such as suggestions for series to watch (or avoid), or discussions about what you like or dislike about a particular yuri series etc. Both discussions about regular harmless shoujo ai shows, and yuri shows with explicit sex (or borderline shows in between) are allowed, but I do ask that we preferebly keep it as much as possible to shows that are mainly about girls' love, and not shows that have male protagonists and/or a bunch of other stuff going on, and just happens to have a little bit of the yuri aspect in them on the side (this includes shows like Prisma Illya. It has yuri in it, but it's not the main aspect of the show). Otherwise we'll just get a discussion about a bunch of hentai shows that are not about yuri, but happens to have some girl-on-girl or MFF threesome scenes in them, which would defeat the purpose of this thread.

The yuri shows I've watched and can recommend (in no particular order) are:
    1. Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo - Anata to Koibito Tsunagi (very sweet and romantic single episode OVA, that does have some H in it. This one is my favourite).

2. Strawberry Panic. Decent two season shoujo ai show with drama, romance, and (imo) a good ending, though it does suffer from those tiring stereotypical "Catholic girls-only schools where virtually everyone are lesbians" tropes, so it could be better imo.

3. Candy Boy. This one is the perfect mix of funny and cute slice-of-life, and some cute, light girls' love. It's fairly short, with 7 episodes plus 3 OVA's, but it seems to be long enough honestly.

4. Kannazuki no Miko. Single season Mecha show about the inseparable love of two girls. Blend of drama/romance and action. It's all right. Nothing explicit, though the manga does have that if you're interested...

5. Kuttsukiboshi. Only two episodes, and the only borderline yuri show I've watched, since it has sex, but isn't explicit. The plot is...to be honest kind of a mess, but the romance is cute, and I like it. The ending is great.

6. Sasameki Koto. Cute and romantic single season shoujo ai series that doesn't have a satisfactory end, since it only adapts half of the manga (go read the manga, it's great). I like it, but it could be better. There is some slice-of-life and comedy, but it's mainly drama and romance.

7. Shoujo Sect ~Innocent Lovers~. This one is a very rare gem, since it does something that is, unfortunately, rather unique and rare in anime, and that is to make a hentai yuri series that actually has a lot of plot (inb4 inevitable "plot" joke) to it, and where the sex seems more like an addition to the story rather than the other way around. It's 3 episodes, and is decently nice and romantic, with some drama, especially in the last episode.

Honourable mention goes to Yuri Yuri, which has had three seasons, one OVA, and two TV special adaptations so far, and which is a slice-of-life comedy with some very light yuri elements in it. I might be breaking my own rule with this one, I'm not entirely sure...It's funny and cute though, so go watch it, in any case.

Yuri series that I am aware of but have not yet watched (I plan to) include "Maria-sama ga miteru" (several seasons), "Aoi Hana", and "Sakura Trick". If anyone knows of any other decent yuri shows apart from the ones I've mentioned, please let me know so I can add them to my "to-watch" list.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yuri Kuma Arashi sounds pretty yuri-riffic (just look at that name!) which caught my eye when it first came out, but I've yet to watch it farther then the first episode due to being distracted by various things. I probably will check it out at some point though, for the yuri as well as the novelty value of having seen an Ikuhara show.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Yuri Kuma Arashi sounds pretty yuri-riffic (just look at that name!) which caught my eye when it first came out, but I've yet to watch it farther then the first episode due to being distracted by various things. I probably will check it out at some point though, for the yuri as well as the novelty value of having seen an Ikuhara show.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one lol! Haven't seen it yet either. I'm a little weirded out by the artstyle and the whole...bear...thing, but oh well.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Strawberry Panic; it kinda felt like a satire of yuri, to me. Aoi Hana is another good show, a mix of drama and comedy, and also it's one of the few yuri series to involve icky boys.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

U te nah

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one lol! Haven't seen it yet either. I'm a little weirded out by the artstyle and the whole...bear...thing, but oh well.
    Yuri Kuma is full-blown yuri and awesome. It's worth watching just to hear Suwabe (Archer's VA) do this:

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I like Strawberry Panic; it kinda felt like a satire of yuri, to me. Aoi Hana is another good show, a mix of drama and comedy, and also it's one of the few yuri series to involve icky boys.
    Lol. Kannazuki no Miko does this too.

Quote Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
    Yuri Kuma is full-blown yuri and awesome. It's worth watching just to hear Suwabe (Archer's VA) do this:

Lol, that's awesome! XD