Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Expo 2016

Blog Entries
    well after all these years of not attending despite living fifteen minutes away I'm probably actually going this year

I have my ticket at any rate

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    how much is the hotel chip-in?
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    We're gonna stay 2 weeks at an airbnb (crossing an ocean is too expensive just for a con, gotta tour the tourist traps) so idk. Gotta ask mAc
    This is the kind of thing I wanted a big old place for, but the hotel room's fully booked. If you can snag a few people like Snow you could find a nice place on airbnb still.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

ah, well. airfare looks like its a bit unreasonable for my finances this year anyway, but it was worth asking.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Where does this occur and how long ago would I have needed to buy a ticket to go?

And I should probably look into Otakon lol, though I doubt I'll make it to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    ah, well. airfare looks like its a bit unreasonable for my finances this year anyway, but it was worth asking.
    the most expensive part is the room!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Where does this occur and how long ago would I have needed to buy a ticket to go?

And I should probably look into Otakon lol, though I doubt I'll make it to that.
    occurs between the first 4 days of July

if reiu's friend isn't going you might get a free pass if you want
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i'll go if my sibling and their anime club is going because i want to spend time even if i don't like animu conventions because cosplay creeps me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ok scratch that last part does anyone want a free pass lets say I won one and I have no intention of going
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

Buying a ticket is easy, the hard part is getting a room and plane tickets without going broke. For that, a few months ago unless you get enough people to split the higher cost.

Also I'll see you at Otakon.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Ok scratch that last part does anyone want a free pass lets say I won one and I have no intention of going
    Hold onto that for me, it might be necessary in a few hours.

Blog Entries
    i-i-i might need one...

So much money for a poor college student; my work funds are gonna be pretty slashed. With Otakon, too...
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    OK you don't need to hold it for my sake anymore.

I was so focused on coordinating everyone's schedules I forgot about getting my own ticket. Looks like I will have to attend LINECON for 18 hours.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    OK you don't need to hold it for my sake anymore.

I was so focused on coordinating everyone's schedules I forgot about getting my own ticket. Looks like I will have to attend LINECON for 18 hours.
    As a person once responsible for getting people in my uni's anime club massed across the state, in hotels, and orchestrated for stuff, I know and sympathize with this pain.

Blog Entries
    If only this was on the opposite side of the country, my poor college budget might have been able to afford it. Ah well, maybe next time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    We're gonna stay 2 weeks at an airbnb (crossing an ocean is too expensive just for a con, gotta tour the tourist traps) so idk. Gotta ask mAc
    Does flying from Norway to the UK count? If so I have crossed an ocean just to go to a convention every year for 3 years in a row now (not going this year since I went on that vacation to Japan instead). ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Well, OK, it wasn't really just to go to the convention, it was to meet with my friends as well, but I only stayed a short time each time lol. Like a weekend trip.

i'll go if my sibling and their anime club is going because i want to spend time even if i don't like animu conventions because cosplay creeps me out.
    If cosplay creeps you out I can only assume you haven't seen good cosplay, and have been unfortunate enough to be exposed to a lot of bad cosplay. If you're from the US, I can totally see that happening...

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    this person used to be a fixture on /cgl/

kinda turned into copypasta
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

I only found out about it recently.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    As a person once responsible for getting people in my uni's anime club massed across the state, in hotels, and orchestrated for stuff, I know and sympathize with this pain.
    That sounds like a way bigger enterprise. Did anything happen.

Also: does Anime Expo even have the option of mailing out badges ahead of time? For Otakon they do that, but I didn't see anything even remotely referencing it for Anime Expo.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Well, I mean, there's always some minor drama in getting someone or another to get them in transit since people were also going to school and had different class times and all, or getting their luggage stuffed into a small car, or whatnot. And then getting them to remember to get the right receipts for the club to reimburse their travel/hotel expenses. Or miscommunication/loss of communication while there. Or too many people to a given room so there had to be keycard shuffling. Or trying to get Berserker rock sword prop back when you've inherited one extra person to take back and so you don't have space for it. Or nearly falling asleep at the wheel because everyone else in your car is sleeping on the way back and nobody is awake to keep your mind occupied.

Basically yeah it's mostly little things but I'm happy to not be responsible for anyone but myself and sometimes my girlfriend anymore.

And a lot of conventions no longer do badges ahead of time, probably for some logistic reason or another like funding or concerns about duplication/falsifying. So have fun waiting in line!