Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 23283132333435384383 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Errors

Blog Entries
    *checks own subscription list*

I seem to have there two threads I put there myself and four I didn't. I'm quite active in those four, but I've never subscribed to them.
    Small but dangerous!

My boring Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
    Cute things are cute.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
    *checks own subscription list*

I seem to have there two threads I put there myself and four I didn't. I'm quite active in those four, but I've never subscribed to them.
    Yeah, I'm getting threads I posted to appearing in the list. I suspect you're just active in a lot fewer threads than I am....

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Funny, I think it happened to me as well.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what that is. Nothing has been upgraded since... well, 4.2.0.

It might have to do with the SQL Database move (our downtime a short while ago/the DNS stuff), about all I can think of.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    Ah, yes, the "Support Legalization" update.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    Blog Entries

It might have to do with the SQL Database move (our downtime a short while ago/the DNS stuff), about all I can think of.
    Well, honestly, it might have been happening for some time. I don't look at my subscriptions very often, so I didn't notice until recently.

Are there any global settings on thread subscription which could be over-riding our individual ones?

Blog Entries
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure subscriptions are per-user.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure subscriptions are per-user.
    Well, there's definitely a bug somewhere, because I have my setting set to "do not subscribe", and I'm not ticking the "subscribe to thread" box either....

Blog Entries
    Having looked in the options, the default option for users is to not subscribe to any thread by default. From what it sounds like, posting in a thread is auto-subscribing you guys though. I know I'm definitely not getting subscribed to every thread I post in, so it sounds like this is more of an issue with a few users as opposed to the board.

Have you checked in your user profiles to make sure that hasn't accidentally been set? Should be "Settings > Subscriptions."

Also, if you're posting via the full reply (and not quick reply), make sure the "Subscription" box under the textarea is unticked.

Old Quote Crap!

My "Subscribe" tick is off in full reply by default, and I don't touch it, myself I subscribed to only one forum, and I don't get subscribed to every thread I post.
    But, I still have some random threads in my "subscriptions", and by saying "random" I mean really random (not 'all I posted in', just random)

But, indeed, I [have] posted at least once in all of those.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Enhance; September 25th, 2012 at 02:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Unsubscribe from the ones you don't want, and see if it keeps making subscriptions if you post in new threads, even if that sort of stuff is explicitly unticked.

If so, I'll see if I can do something, but as far as I can tell, so far this seems to be a user permissions thing.

Old Quote Crap!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Unsubscribe from the ones you don't want, and see if it keeps making subscriptions if you post in new threads, even if that sort of stuff is explicitly unticked.
    It does.

If so, I'll see if I can do something, but as far as I can tell, so far this seems to be a user permissions thing.
    Well, my permissions are set correctly, I've checked multiple times, and I am still getting subscribed to threads that I post in. It's not happening with every thread, though, so I'm not sure what's going on....

Blog Entries
    Extremely bizarre then.

Honestly, I have no clue how to fix it, since I'm not even sure what is wrong - everything looks okay in your profiles and the like. The only thing I can think of would be to try to repair/optimize tables and to re-process threads, but there is literally zero guarantee it will fix anything. It's what I'll try, though.

If that doesn't fix it, I'll contact vBulletin support regarding it.

EDIT: Done, let me know if it still persists and if so I'll contact vBulletin regarding it.

Old Quote Crap!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, it's not happened again yet....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Argh, it's started happening again. Not sure when, exactly....

Blog Entries
    Well, it definitely doesn't seem to be affecting everyone, so I'm still inclined to think this is some sort of user setting that's hiding.

Try to backtrack and see if you can remember any sort of things that help me to zero in on it.

Old Quote Crap!

The Unfading Light of the Lake Lancelot's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I always had this 'bug'. I would get subscribed to random threads and then after a while it would unsubscribe. It seemed like when I posted a couple times on a certain thread it would subscribe me automatically. I don't know if that is actually possible or just shrimps in my head.

I think I've got a bug in my system, I'm laughing madly whenever I see Lancelot's sig.

Oh god, it happened again.

Gonna test subscription stuff now anyway.

Alright, found that shit out.
    Last edited by Enhance; October 2nd, 2012 at 08:45 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, it definitely doesn't seem to be affecting everyone, so I'm still inclined to think this is some sort of user setting that's hiding.

Try to backtrack and see if you can remember any sort of things that help me to zero in on it.
    What sort of things are you after, exactly?

I know how irritating it is to debug problems like this with virtually no information when you can't reproduce them, but I can't think of anything that I could have done that would be causing it. It doesn't seem like it happens with every thread, and I'm not sure it's happening instantaneously, either. When I check the subscriptions shortly after posting, it seems not to be there, but later it is.

It automatically subscribes you to a thread if your reply updates your previous post (that "---- Updated ----" thing, if you reply within 10 minutes, doublepost prevention), without regard to your "Subscribe to thread" checkbox.
    Last edited by Enhance; October 2nd, 2012 at 08:52 AM.