Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 31717679808182838691 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1977

Thread: Bugs & Errors

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Cookies and cache don't magically fix server-side problems.

And they get nuked every now and then, anyways. I have to re-log in every single time I restart my browser, for some weird reason.

But just to make you happy, I started a private browsing session in my phone. Then I did the same in Chrome (I use Firefox) which come to think of it has never touched BL. Surprisingly, I still didn't fix anything.

- - - Updated - - -

And normally you assume problem reports come relatively shortly after the problem arises. Basic cause and effect and all that.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    When are you two going to get married.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seika, maybe after you did something one of them cleared. For a bit I had two stuck from conversation with Arashi. Now I've only got one. Tried viewing whole conversation you linked, didn't work. This issue persists between devices too so I'm not sure clearimg cache would help?
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    Seika, maybe after you did something one of them cleared. For a bit I had two stuck from conversation with Arashi. Now I've only got one. Tried viewing whole conversation you linked, didn't work. This issue persists between devices too so I'm not sure clearimg cache would help?
    I just flicked some settings around for Kyte, which aren't going to do you any good if it hasn't fixed anything for him. No credit attaches.

Since that effort proved futile, I'll go a bit deeper and try cleaning out some of our caches. If search goes down for some time, this is expected.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Search function seems to not be working, everything turns up as "Sorry - No Matches".

Correction: It doesn't appear to be working for the three GO thread or the general search. Searching in Badass Versus and Questions worked.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Might I advise you to look at the post above yours?
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    I apologize, I had missed the last sentence of it.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Cookies and cache don't magically fix server-side problems.

And they get nuked every now and then, anyways. I have to re-log in every single time I restart my browser, for some weird reason.

But just to make you happy, I started a private browsing session in my phone. Then I did the same in Chrome (I use Firefox) which come to think of it has never touched BL. Surprisingly, I still didn't fix anything.

- - - Updated - - -

And normally you assume problem reports come relatively shortly after the problem arises. Basic cause and effect and all that.
    If this were a server-side problem, this would almost always affect everyone. For examples of server-side problems, see "Forums aren't loading." For EVERYONE. Since not EVERYONE is having this problem, 99% of the time it is not a server-side issue (that 1% of the time basically being the SQL table for your account being messed up, which is what I suspect the case is here).

That said, the "weird" thing about you having to login every time is what makes me suspect that it is indeed a cookie or a cache problem - because if you set it to automatically log you in, and it's not doing that, the cookie isn't being stored right on your computer, which is where those sorts of settings get stored.

But hey, you knew that already, since you're trying to tell me I don't know my ass from my elbow, right?

I've tried a solution and applied it to both yourself and Prix of Heroes, so hopefully one of you will tell me if that works. If it does, great. It'll mean I found out how to solve it and to help out people like Prix, who do a good job of not pissing off the people who run the place, unlike you.

Thank you for otherwise providing me useful information, because I don't know how fucking often you log in/out, and I don't assume everyone automatically stays logged in. I know damn well most people don't clean their browser cache until they have to.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if this is actually a bug, but I've been noticing load times today lasting 5-10x times longer than usual. Normally I'd chalk this up to my service being the issue, but none of the other sites I visit have been experiencing this issue today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    I've been having that same problem on multiple devices.

Blog Entries
    I haven't noticed anything, but my connection sucks atm anyway. I suspect any delays you're experiencing are due to the fact that I set off an excessively thorough forum re-indexing in an attempt to fix the VM problems reported above. It's probably going to be going for several more hours, for which I apologise.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Well it got fixed sometime in the last 6 hours or so while I wasn't looking, so clearly something worked.

Forum doesn't seem slow to me, at least? At least, not beyond what I know is my own connection's fault.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    That said, the "weird" thing about you having to login every time is what makes me suspect that it is indeed a cookie or a cache problem - because if you set it to automatically log you in, and it's not doing that, the cookie isn't being stored right on your computer, which is where those sorts of settings get stored.
    I dunno, I've cleaned my cache and cookies many times, even reinstalled the browser a lot of times, and I still need to relog every time I close my browser. Never got much of an answer about that, and I've been asking for a long time.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    It isn't consistently slow for me, it seemingly happens at random times. Although it's happened more often for me while actualy posting.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    If this were a server-side problem, this would almost always affect everyone.
    [etc]
    This is hilariously untrue, btw.

And the login issue is unrelated, I've had that one since forever. Not that I really care.
    But notifications have never ever been cookie'd. It's evident simply by looking. Of course it was entirely unrelated. Why even bring it up.

Blog Entries
    Well it got fixed sometime in the last 6 hours or so while I wasn't looking, so clearly something worked.
    Neat! I was hoping that would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    It isn't consistently slow for me, it seemingly happens at random times. Although it's happened more often for me while actualy posting.
    I think that's unrelated: the indexer just chugs on some batches while it whips through others, so my suspicion is that your lag occurs when you try to load a page while the forum happens to be straining at those harder ones.

As a warning, delays may well become more evident for a while as we go forward and hit peak activity times.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Not sure if this is actually a bug, but I've been noticing load times today lasting 5-10x times longer than usual. Normally I'd chalk this up to my service being the issue, but none of the other sites I visit have been experiencing this issue today.
    Load times seem normal to me. Not sure why you're having this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I haven't noticed anything, but my connection sucks atm anyway. I suspect any delays you're experiencing are due to the fact that I set off an excessively thorough forum re-indexing in an attempt to fix the VM problems reported above. It's probably going to be going for several more hours, for which I apologise.
    Ah. It could be this, too. It's definitely using a bit more CPU than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    I dunno, I've cleaned my cache and cookies many times, even reinstalled the browser a lot of times, and I still need to relog every time I close my browser. Never got much of an answer about that, and I've been asking for a long time.
    I will try and see if I can find a solution to this then, but I can't guarantee that, either.

This is hilariously untrue, btw.

And the login issue is unrelated, I've had that one since forever. Not that I really care.
    But notifications have never ever been cookie'd. It's evident simply by looking. Of course it was entirely unrelated. Why even bring it up.
    Because usually, most of the time when someone's got a problem, it isn't on the server's side. It's quick and easy to blame the site; it's hard to prove it's the site. Anyone who's done any kind of tech support knows that you go for the user error solutions first - and in this case, that's "delete cookies and cache." Hence why I told you to check all your shit first, and when that failed, to delete your cookies and cache.

Maybe it's pendantic to you, but I'd rather not mess with tables unless I have to, because anytime you do it, there is a chance, however small, that something just totally blows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Neat! I was hoping that would do it.
    More likely it's what I did - ran a SQL command that basically forced his unread VM count to zero. Did the same thing for Prix of Heroes. Re-indexing the forums is usually not something that'd fix this AFAIK. :x
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Thanks for your continued service to this site Dark Pulse

Blog Entries
    Load times seem normal to me. Not sure why you're having this issue.
    Seems to be an issue for me as well today, though variable.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?