Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4787929596979899 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 1977

Thread: Bugs & Errors

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Pixiv image function appears to be occasionally break.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    At least for PC users where copying & pasting large amounts of text is simple, I have an idea of a work around for the "empty text box" editing issue:

1. disable javascript
    2. load the forum thread
    3. click the "edit" button on your post
    4. type up any edits and stuff that you want
    5. do a "select all" on the post-entry text box and copy & paste your entire post into a text editor (notepad, mousepad, xed, etc)
    6. re-enable javascript
    7. click the "preview post" button
    8. paste the contents that you copied from step 5 (making sure to overwrite any existing text that may be present)
    9. submit post

Note that, due to recent changes on the forum in terms of anti-bot(?) protection, it's very rare anymore that the forum will allow you to submit posts with javascipt disabled, so re-enabling javascript before submitting the actual post is crucial.

(that latter issue regarding javascript now being required was driving me nuts around a month ago when I believe I was running into the very same issue, in which case I worked around it by just having javascript disabled before I realized that I could re-enable it for the final submitting of the post and it seemed to work)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Multi-quote is still broken and so is quoting a large post. Any update on that?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Multiquote is busted, the reply box comes up blank when you select any post with it.

- - - Updated - - -

lol it just fixed itself, complaining never fails
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    The Pixiv image function appears to be occasionally break.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Multi-quote is still broken and so is quoting a large post. Any update on that?
    hmm

- - - Updated - - -

Might be something else then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    From what I've experienced, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the amount of text, regardless of whether it's quote or multi-quote.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't quote this one, for example

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I can't either. I had that issue pop up when I tried making a bbcode-heavy post, though I eventually got it to work through retyping the whole thing after wiping the post and closing the tab IIRC.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    Yeah I agree with pinetree with more or less everything he said here, although I still haven't watched ZZ so I can't comment on that.

CCA is such a bizarro ending for one of, if not the most, iconic rivalries in anime and it baffles me that people don't talk more about it. There are only like 20 minutes in the movie which I consider actually good and which have, you know, actual substance to them (most of them being in the finale). Rest of it is mostly just following characters to who you have no attachment to and who cannot get any meaningful development in a movie runtime. Just a mess overall.
    Also as a sidenote: I love how the very last exchange between Char and Amuro, these two legendary characters, is Char admitting that he projected his mommy issues onto his dead former-prostitute-slave girlfriend, and Amuro only being able to reply with a "....what?". It is morbidly fitting to the point of being hilarious.

But to continue with the recommendations that the others mentioned, I'd personally say that X is the way to go. IMO it for the most part lacks any egregious Tomino-isms (or any other -isms, for that matter) which permeate the franchise, while having pretty cool character development and novel spin on the "war is bad" formula. It's still pretty 90's, but not to Wing's drinking game levels. Also it's only 39 episodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Also forgot to mention for anyone who gives a shit: Evolution's Steam version isn't available in Europe.

Go fuck yourselves Bandai.

Seems to be fine for me.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What the hell?? It works now.
    Even multi-quoting longer posts with images and stuff. Huh?

In the past I had long loading times and occasional inability to edit and quote long posts because of, as far as I could tell, my shit internet. I can't recreate it now but the mAc_Chaos beacon has been lit.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    What are you guys doing, exactly? Clicking "reply with quote" under a post, then going to another post and clicking "reply with quote" there too? Or cutting and pasting it all into one post and then it doesn't work? Or something else?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's a weird question? I'm using the actual Multi-Quote button next next to "Reply With Quote"

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I never even noticed that button before. That makes more sense now. All right...

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Weird, I got it working for me the first time -- but trying a second time, it doesn't work.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Right now it's working for me every time, but earlier it wasn't.
    It's actually been a problem for multiple weeks here, but now it's fine? Bizarre

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Now it works and stays working. What I'm doing is going down a few posts, clicking the multi-quote button, then under one of those posts, hitting "reply with quote" under one of those posts (not the post box at the very bottom of the page). Is that what you're doing?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that's it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I never even noticed that button before.
    mAc things.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

It happened again, from me trying to post a simple response in FGO Story and Lore. I was able to post this after refreshing the page, clicking "Switch Editor to Source Mode", pasting in my saved BBcode text, and hitting Post Quick Reply. Maybe some invisible chaff's in the text box or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, it almost happened twice in a row. Maybe it's because I copied formatted text from Comun's post?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the previously-mentioned multi-quote issues are related to the issues where normal quoting and post-editing can straight-up fail to work and/or have a blank text box.

I'm also really starting to get the idea that it's related to the bot "protection" provided by your host since I even just had these issues occur in the middle of creating a new post where it even happened when switching between formatted view to source view and then, when I clicked "go advanced", I was presented with the "making sure you're not a bot..." page for a couple of seconds.

My best guess as to what is happening is that the network data that the client requests will be withheld until the client passes that "bot protection" screen, but that bot protection screen only appears between new page reloads and not partial page loads, the latter of which includes quick-quoting a post, quick-editing a post, multi-quoting multiple posts, and toggling between formatted and source view for posts.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    What's up with the crypto bot spam using old inactive accounts lately?