Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17222526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Mage

Blog Entries
    I do have a few on my backburner. If I were to write stories surrounding them, I'd probably want to link them up in the same general stratum as Fate/last call to create a coherent world.

Given that it's set in the 2020s, as opposed to the 201X stories that the Nasuverse is currently playing with, I'd have quite a lot of open space to do as I please...

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Did you ever receive my philosophy magecraft idea by the way?

Blog Entries
    I probably got the DM, I just haven't seen it yet! Working to get the Servant compendium out as quick as I can, so I haven't been refreshing pages very much ^^;

I'll take a look pretty soon, since I might be able to integrate some of your ideas into Sofie's style.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I’ve also got some idea for an anti-mage mercenary company who kill mages through non-magical means that I want to share with you.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    RANDOM. YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING.

I hope you're aware that you're about to herald the Mage Renassaince and I'm here for it. This sheet ain't nothing short of stellar. And I'm seeing with my little eye a very interesting signature you have there... Care to tell me more about it...
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —
    —————

Blog Entries
    Well, it would be irresponsible to tip my hand too much. After all, I've got these beans here and if I tip them then they might

oh no my beans

As the name implies, it's a "last call" for the Holy Grail of Fuyuki. After the conflict to dismantle it came to a close ten years ago, a "complete conclusion" came to the Holy Grail Wars.

Of course, nobody could have possibly predicted Keystine Meluastea, the most problem child ever.

Paying absolutely no mind to the consequences of her actions, she has somehow managed to create a brand new homemade Grail on the same site as the old one. With that set up, she's invited seven Masters of her choosing, who are all unorthodox Magi with their own goals and schemes. On top of that, the western-only rule for Servants has been lifted, allowing some of the strongest summons in the history of Fuyuki.

Unbeknownst to her participants, she's entirely rigged the ritual in her own favour. She wrote the rules, the incompetent novice overseer is under her thumb, the Masters she invited are perfectly selected to negate each other, and she's summoned an eighth Servant who has the ability to perfectly counter everyone else here.

Because, you know, Grail Wars are always that simple, and they've never ever gone wildly off the rails before. Especially not in the face of external factors like a second, entirely different quasi-Magecraft that's been brewing in this town for the past 18 years and would really like these battles to not start again, since he lives here.

After all, that's just a loose end from an entirely different story. He's total small fry, not even a real Magus, and a quintessential background character to boot. There's no way something like that could panic, accidentally make everything infinitely worse, and create a catastrophe that makes "Holy Grail War" sound like a joke, right?

Right?

hey remember in zero with the big tentacle monster and they said "man if this keeps up we might have to cancel the grail war" imagine if they actually did haha

fortunately i spilled them on top of The Deets so as to conceal said Deets from anyone concerned about even the most minor spoilers

im sure the overlap between "people who are planning to read it" and "people who dont want to know anything about it in advance" is enormous
    Last edited by Random; May 16th, 2022 at 11:59 PM.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    These are some JUICY juicy beans you have there, my good sir. I'm so ready.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —
    —————

speaking of beans, here's one

magus//Girl of Ice magus//Girl of Ice
    Ruruenne Astacia

Master of █████ Rider in the ██████ Holy Grail War

Alias: "Ruru" Magecraft: Nine Circles Magecraft
    Height: 160cm Circuit Quantity: A
    Weight: 48kg Circuit Quality: B
    Affiliation: ​Independent, Holy Church​ Circuit Composition: Normal

Background

The Astacia family is built on heresy.

That single thought has been inescapable since the earliest years that Ruru can remember. Easily discredited, easily buried beneath whatever mundanity was keeping her attention in the moment, but always there, always gnawing at the foundation of her acceptance that this way of life was normal.

Ruruenne hails from a line of Magi that originated within the Holy Church. More specifically, her family began as practitioners of magecraft operating under the Assembly of the Eighth Sacrament - relic hunters tasked with the recovery of holy items. Their history is foggy, even to their current heir. All that is really known is that, at some point in time, these collectors were influenced by their exposure to the heresies of magecraft, and seduced into a betrayal of their faith, abandoning the Church in favour of the pursuits of magi. At least, that’s how the story goes.

They wished, as many magi did, to obtain a path to the Root and discover its secrets. It was likely because of this singular ambition, one which was in the eyes of the Church inconsequential and meaningless, that they were able to maintain ties with their former organisation. Though scorned as heretics, it was nonetheless convenient for the Assembly of the Eighth to be able to keep its eyes on a magus family that eventually came to seek the Holy Grail.

It was a begrudging relationship on both ends. The Church wished only to ensure that a relic as potentially threatening as the Grail did not fall into the hands of those that would disrupt the inside of the world. The Root was something that lay beyond the world, and because of this, the Astacia family were accepted as suitable candidates to receive the Grail. The Astacia likewise sought to take advantage of this connection, and to veer any conflicts over the Holy Grail in their favour by using the Church. Each was a pawn for the other.

Ruru was caught in the middle of this symbiosis, tangled in all their threads from the very beginning. She was the product of fortunate birth, gifted with a vast number of high-quality Magic Circuits, and her talent for her family’s magecraft was quickly picked up on. A promising prospect for both parties, that both sought to use. She was divided between her past and present, and keenly aware of it.

It was because of this gnawing uncertainty that Ruruenne questioned her way of life. The ambitions and methods of magi that would have been ingrained into the minds of promising offspring met a crucial barrier early into the young girl’s development - this split between her family’s roots and their heretical destination opened her eyes to the idea that something was wrong.

It wasn’t like she was particularly faithful. On the surface level, she didn’t really believe that what her family wanted was heretical. But it was a lot easier for her to question what was happening to her when someone else was telling her it was wrong. Most magi didn’t have that. As long as someone was telling her it was wrong, Ruru couldn’t numb herself to the isolation of her upbringing, nor could she ignore the pain of magecraft. The searing pain that Magi quickly learned to live with as something ordinary would always ache and burn for this young girl.

Her flesh was damaged for her own good. Her family carved a ritual circle onto her back when she was twelve. It was to enable her to utilize their ultimate defensive magecraft.

She shares their dream, but only in name. What Ruru seeks most of all is the death of the Astacia family. It’ll all be over and vanish once she accomplishes their dream.

Personality

Dislikes: Magi, the Holy Church, overly friendly dogs
    Origin: "Annihilation"
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Ruru’s cold demeanour belies an overbearing will. At her core, beneath a chillingly sardonic exterior, she’s a headstrong girl that both believes in and desperately clings to her own strength and determination. For better or worse, she’s a heavily goal-oriented individual, always aware of what she wants and what she needs to do to obtain it, and never allowing herself a moment to meander.

She carries herself with a great degree of pragmatism, and it is at once her greatest strength and her most crippling weakness. Every obstacle presents some kind of opening, and every wall has a hole that leads to the other side; it’s just about seeing what needs to be done, and having the willingness to do it. And yet, perhaps there is such a thing as being too willing. A pragmatic lens can leave you blind to the matters of the heart. This, more than anything, is the root of Ruru’s self-destruction. A will to see her ambition realised that drags her through ice and flame with no regard for her own wellbeing.

That ambition is the same which is shared by Magi across the world. The desire to reach the Root and unveil its secrets, the secrets of all things in existence. It is an ambition that has been passed down to her by her forefathers, and a goal which her family has been working its way towards for several generations. In other words, it is not a wish that belongs to Ruru, but rather, one that belongs to her history and lineage, and is carried in her very blood.

Ruru has no interest in reaching the Root. Yet, at the same time, she desperately chases after that ambition. What she seeks is the finality which comes from realising her family’s dream - the conclusion of all their works and the promise that nothing will come after her. Ruru wishes for nothing more than the end of her family, and the erasure of all their deeds. Though she carries herself as a magus, Ruru utterly despises the world of magi.

This is her rebellion, and her burden to bear. Hers, and nobody else’s. Ruru is aloof, and standoffish at the worst of times, always keeping people at an arm’s length. Whether this comes from a genuine desire to keep them out of her troubles or simply a reflex born from isolation remains uncertain.

...It's a little sad. Like there's something missing there. For all her talk, she's still just a 17-year-old girl.

Abilities

Executor Training (False)
    On a lesser scale relative to the human weapons of the Church. Ruru’s unique ancestry has resulted in a magus family inheriting the training methods of the Assembly of the Eighth Sacrament - particularly, those which are used to create Executors and demon hunters. This includes knowledge on how to use common Executor artefacts, such as Black Keys and Ash Locks, as well as standard martial abilities, such as the Iron Plate Effect used for projectile attacks.

However, it should be noted that Ruru is only 17 years old. Between her youth, and her split focus between studying physical techniques and magecraft, the young girl has been unable to replicate the heights of what such training could normally produce. It would be reasonable to assess that she is far surpasses the level of an ordinary teenage girl, but still falls within what could be considered "human".

-

Healing Magecraft
    Traditional healing magecraft. Applies magical energy to stimulate the natural healing process of the body. Ruru has a decent level of aptitude for this sort of magecraft. It is required to learn this magecraft as compensation for her other abilities.

-

Spiritual Healing
    A unique talent that Ruru has devoted herself to exploring in her free time - though it could be seen as more of a hobby than a part of her family’s desired research. Ruru possesses a moderate level of knowledge and ability in the art of spiritual surgery, though her speciality seems to lie mostly in opening wounds and dividing spiritual bodies. She feels like she still needs to work on putting things back together.

Astacia Family Crest

Thaumaturgical Foundation -
    Inferno Invocation
    The Ninth Circle

The Astacia family utilize one of the numerous branches of the pseudo-theological foundation established by Dante, drawing from the basis of his depictions of Inferno. It could be viewed as an “elaboration” on the overwhelmingly well-established foundation of the Church.

In this particular case, the family’s specialization is Circle Nine, otherwise known as the Frozen Lake Cocytus. It is a remodelled thaumaturgy designed to develop a path to the Root. The theory is that stillness, coldness and silence as depicted in the final circle of Hell are conditions shared with the most primal state of existence - that is, empty space sans creation. The Astacia family seeks to replicate those conditions in an internal space by invoking the properties of Hell. An inner world where all heat is sapped away, all movement rendered null, cast in a cold silence.

In other words, they seek to create a Reality Marble that could replicate the very beginning of creation, and thus open a pathway to the Root within oneself. The creation of a “Ninth Circle” within oneself is the ultimate hypothesis of the Astacia family. However, currently, research towards that final magecraft appears to have stalled with the family’s present heir devoting her attention to other fields.

-

Ultimate Defensive Magecraft - Judecca
    “Canto...”

The primary spell utilized by the Astacia family, which could be viewed as its specialty. It is described as their “ultimate defensive magecraft”, though in actuality it is merely a prototype for a magecraft which would freeze one’s internal world.

Manifests a magic circle as a barrier which bears the properties of the Frozen Lake. That is to say that it is a freezing-type magecraft that saps away heat from the area. On the surface, it would seem to moreso be an all-purpose ice-element spell capable of reducing the temperature to freeze objects.

Judecca’s true nature lies as a form of defensive counter-magecraft. Its capabilities lie not only in the reduction of temperature, but also in imparting the properties of stillness and silence - in other words, the complete nullification of energy down to the most fundamental level, particularly as it applies to the properties of magecraft. So long as it surpasses its original output, the magic circle generated by this spell is capable of rewriting and modifying any spell it comes in contact with to change its Element to “Ice”, effectively “freezing” a spell and nullifying its effects.

Ordinarily, this barrier would require a Ten Count aria to generate. However, as a means of optimization, a ritual circle was carved onto Ruru’s back, while the base of the spell is derived from her Crest. As such, the speed of the spell is shortened to only a One-Line aria.

-

Reconstitution Magecraft

“Nigredo, Albedo”

An Alchemical magecraft used for physical strengthening. It appears to have found its way in to the Astacia family Crest through the close connections between certain forms of Alchemy and Christianity - though it is also possible this magecraft was added when the family first began to branch away from the Church.

It is a more nuanced variant of the traditional elemental transmutation used to strengthen the body, functioning on the basis of destruction and reconstruction within an instant. It could be seen as a form of “rebirth” intended to, for a brief moment, return the base material of the human body to the prima materia that constructed the primal world, or the body of Adam. In simpler terms, by applying the first two stages of the alchemical magnum opus, decomposition and purification, and then rapidly reconstructing the destroyed flesh, it is possible to restore the older quality of the “material” of the human body, which enabled humans from the age of gods to function as superhumans relative to modern humanity.

It goes without saying that such a method is excruciatingly painful.

Inventory

"Holy Water"
    A small vial is filled with crystal clear water. Its exact purpose is unknown, but the water is referred to as “holy.” It is not a relic originally belonging to the Astacia family, but rather, one that was encountered back when they were working under the Church. Although it looks like normal water, it is considered to be an A+ rank trump card possessed by the Astacia.

-

Ash Locks
    A pair of Ash Locks in traditional form - composed of Bible pages worn around the arms as bandages. Their output is not much higher than the norm, though they have a few modifications. First, they are disguised to appear as human skin. Second, and more notable, is their unique ability to “amend” their inscription with Ruru’s magecraft, allowing her to channel Judecca via physical contact with the Ash Lock.

-

Black Keys
    Since her own level of faith is not that high, they aren’t particularly effective. Still, she uses them as simple weaponry for all ranges.

A BITTERCOLD VISTA

“It’s cold today…”

A young girl in a strange blue coat departs at the station, standing there until she makes sure the train has left without her. When she finally leaves, she doesn’t seem to be going anywhere in particular. What a shame, this city has so many sights to see, and she’s just passing all of them.

“Ehe, not that it changes anything.”

----

Had to post this separately because for whatever reason the image was obliterating my post's character count. It was weird! Anyways, I've been trying to work up the psychic power to maybe start writing a thing, and I figured it would be good to post some characters here (I'll probably visit the various Servant threads in the near future too). Hopefully the formatting isn't too derivative, I kind of struggle to make my sheets pretty to look at...!

I'm rather fond of this one, and I hope she doesn't come off as too edge. Being a 5'3" deadpan highschooler hopefully evens things out a little. She definitely takes herself a bit too seriously.

Thoughts are always appreciated, unless the thoughts suck.

Blog Entries
    Elsa joins the Holy Church AU. She sounds somewhat edgy and angst-baity, which would make her fit perfectly with other Holy Church members. That said, her magecraft are pretty solid, it highlights her personality well and ties to her background nicely. Great profile overall, I wish her all the warmness (or coldness if that's what she prefers).
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What up with people dropping these exquisite juicy beans these days?! Do people have any idea how tedious it is to clean these messes every time?
    Seriously though this is nicely creative.
    modifying any spell it comes in contact with to change its Element to “Ice”, effectively “freezing” a spell and nullifying its effects.
    Does this work on spells that already has the element of ice because this is a conceptual ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Elsa joins the Holy Church AU. She sounds somewhat edgy and angst-baity, which would make her fit perfectly with other Holy Church members. That said, her magecraft are pretty solid, it highlights her personality well and ties to her background nicely. Great profile overall, I wish her all the warmness (or coldness if that's what she prefers).

she is not going to start singing.

I'm glad you liked her magecraft! I was pretty happy with the lore elements of it, using Dante's Inferno as the magecraft of an excommunicated branch of the Church felt appropriate. There's definitely some thematic relevance to the particular circle of Hell her family utilizes (the frozen lake of treachery), but on the technical level, I thought that a less generic Ice magecraft that messes with Elements would be fun (since most of them seem to tie into like energy properties and stuff). Speaking of which....

Quote Originally Posted by TQG Imaginatorious View Post
    Does this work on spells that already has the element of ice because this is a conceptual ability?

That is a good question...

For clarification, the "Element" part of this effect refers to the Elements of Magecraft, which change depending on which school of Magecraft you're using, but aren't always literally what element the spell is, at least in the modern sense of "a fire spell" or "an ice spell". They broadly refer to the properties of Magecraft, like fire, in Western spheres, being associated with thermodynamics, energy transfers, and destructive stuff (if you already know all of this i'm really sorry for the tangent.) "Ice" in the case of this spell is more like an artificially imposed element, it's a fancy way of saying it changes the properties of incoming spells to remove energy and motion, so I'm not actually sure if it would ever come up in another spell! Technically, given what it represents here, it probably wouldn't be very effective against spells or attacks that share similar properties, but given that those properties are a lack of motion and energy, those probably wouldn't be the kinds of spells you'd need to defend against anyways! If we're being more literal, it probably still works reasonably well against ice as a physical substance, assuming the attack is something like a big block of ice being blasted at you at high speeds (idk that's the best i could come up with).

Blog Entries
    Rudolf Elkanbold

"Ladies and gentlemen. Please be on your orbits, today's stellar performance is about the begin."

Alias: The Astral Maestro, Lord Aurvandil Magecraft: Pythagorean Tuning, Astromancy, Numerology
    Height/Weight: 178cm/59kg Element: Wind
    Country of origin: Germany Circuit Quantity: B
    Affiliation: Astromancy Department, Prague Association, Chaldea Circuit Quality: B+
    Sorcery Trait: Immutability Rank: Fes

Background

The scion of the rather eccentric Erkanbold family.

The Erkanbold magus family originated as a German branch of the Archibald house. Since their establishment five generations ago, they have split apart almost completely from the main family faction, upholding differing foundational principles and researching into a distinct path of magecraft. They practice a combination of Astrology and Tuning Magecraft derived from the "Music of the Spheres" theory of Pythagoras, and for this reason the Erkanbolds are well-known both in the public and the magus world as a family of talented musicians.

Rudolf Erkanbold himself recently has caused quite an uproar amongst the Magus Association, supposedly because his public activities are threatening the secrecy of magecraft. Until the recent incident, Rudolf Erkanbold was a relatively unassuming figure in the world of magecraft. However, in contrast, he is extremely popular to the worldwide public. Under the brand name of "Lord Aurvandil", Rudolf's musical performances have appeared in such popular media as television shows to viral internet videos. He is a sensational celebrity deeply involved with the entertainment industry, and has accrued millions of fans from all over the world.

For most mage, such public exposure would be considered abhorrent and even a borderline violation to their tenets of secrecy. However, for the Erkanbold family, it is said that "popularity" is considered the most important element to their magecraft, and is even the most important factor in the tradition of their heir inheritance.

Although many members of the Erkanbold family, operating under aliases, had always been a big name in the public for their musical talents, their scale of popularity had always been confined to their local province or a few European nations at best. Thanks to being born into a globalized age where television and the internet becomes ubiquitous, never before had a member of the Erkanbold receive such worldwide recognition as Rudolf has.

Personality

Likes Lively places, passionate music, peppermint
    Dislikes Incongruity, paper work, competition
    Talents Orchestra performance, songwriting, video editing
    Natural Enemy Marisbury Animusphere
    Alignment Lawful Neutral

In contrast to his formal demeanor and the austere upbringing of a typical elite magus, Rudolf is a very hospitable person. He possess a peculiar charisma that enables him to naturally blend into any group of people, and gain the trust of all kinds of individual. Nonetheless, it is also clear that he tends to stand out and impose an aura of centrality. In other words, he is the quintessential "superstar" figure.

Magecraft

Sphδrenharmonie - Weltmusikschaft
    The Harmony of the Spheres. An almighty magecraft that is the magnum opus of the Erkanbold family, developed though the perfection of the Thaumaturgical Foundations of Pyhagoreanism and Taoism. It is said that the Erkanbold family sought a path to the Root by completely syncrhonizing the tunes of their body mind and soul with the tunes of the cosmos. In essence, it is a system that combines the aspects of Internal Alchemy, Tuning and Sympathetic magecrafts into an orchestra that seeks to transform the human body into a pseudo-celestial body, which allows them to be manipulated and exploited using Numerology and Astromancy principles.

This is usually achieved by performing a spiritual concert with a Supreme Mystic Code instrument, tuning the mental, spiritual and even biological composition of both the Performer and the Audiences, with the former becoming the "central planet" and the latter being the "orbiting celestial bodies". In this way, a Bounded Field is formed in which the Performer can provide elemental enhancement and mana synchronization to allies or exert rapid array of sound wave attacks to enemies, using a branch of Numerology that is applied to the mechanism of musical notes and orchestral compositions.

Although previously the principal Astronomical Foundation used in this magecraft by the Erkanbold family had been the Heliocentric model, Rudolf himself has made some revision to his Magic Crest, reverting the Foundation back into the Geocentric model. Although theoretically this would make the magecraft less stable, it also means that Rudolf, due to being the "central planet" of this magecraft, can now manage and exert influence upon virtually unlimited "orbiting celestial bodies". Thus, it is now possible for Rudolf to empower his magecraft capabilities almost infinitely, limited only by the number of "audiences" he can gather.

—It is for this reason that the Magus Association is considering to issue a Sealing Designation on him.
    Last edited by Kamera; March 13th, 2023 at 01:14 PM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i forgot that I wanted to read it. Man, I was missing out.
    ya know I like my astromancy and my music magecraft
    you combine them and make a really cool concept.
    How does Taoism come into play here, tho?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    i forgot that I wanted to read it. Man, I was missing out.
    ya know I like my astromancy and my music magecraft
    you combine them and make a really cool concept.
    From how I understand, Taoism is more of a general branch of magecraft developed by Eastern Asia, and two of the most emphasized fields are Astromancy and Alchemy. I'm guessing Random just wanted more justification for the mystic code to sound ever bit possible.

That's not Random. Don't let the... actually posting in the mage thread fool you, there are in fact dozens of us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Rudolf is from the Prague Association, so he had to practice some traditional alchemy somehow. In this case, it is the Internal Alchemy of Taoism. Syncretized with his other magecraft concepts, the Golden Core creation of Internal Alchemy is repurposed to construct a virtual Celestial Body. Something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

also yeah, there's more to this thread than just Random lol

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh man i need some lesson on different magecraft branches. Like professor brokkoli from Wyvern
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Source: Pinkbloom

Name: Gloria Balliol-Bartomeloi
    Title(s): The Countess Balliol
    Birthplace: London, England

History: Gloria was an illegitimate child of the head of the Bartomeloi family. Her mother was a first-generation magus. So the mother was thrown out of magus society, banned, blacklisted. She picked herself back up, becoming wealthy and influential, eventually even gaining a noble title, that of the Countess Balliol. This allowed Gloria to learn several things, especially music, which always called to her. When her mother passed away, Gloria took up the title. But she would not let magus society ignore her. She publicly took the Bartomeloi name, utilizing it at the concerts which she performed. This gave her her in into the Clock Tower, where she utilized her influence as a noble, a Bartomeloi, and a renowned concert pianist to gain power and knowledge, becoming one of the major leaders of the Democratic group, and nearing the authority of a Lord.

Personality: She is an elegant and refined person. She appreciates her authority as a Countess, and thus utilizes it whenever she needs, though she refuses to utilize it for nepotistic reasons, as she feels that nepotism is extremely destructive. This is why she is one of the main figures in the Democratic party, as even though she adores nobility, she hates undeserved nobility.

Dislikes: Nepotism

Magical Origin: Rhythmic
    Elemental Affinity: Earth
    Circuit Quantity: B
    Circuit Quality: A
    Circuit Composition: C

Magecraft Abilities:

In Sync
    Paired Step
    : One of the two main techniques of her magecraft style. This enables her to utilize her perception and synchronity with the rhythm of the world to pair up with one particular entity, being able to know their movements exactly and predict their next motions with a very high degree of certainty.

Hearing The World
    Everything Has Its Own Rhythm
    : Her second and favorite technique of her magecraft. This enables her to utilize her music to synchronise someone with her notes, forcing them to follow her choice of movements exactly. However, they cannot be more then 20 meters away for her to use this, and she has to have seen them in person. She also needs to know either their "pitch" or their "rhythm", which is why she designed her two mystic codes: Scales Of A Butterfly allows her to see their rhythm and Keys To Nature produces piano keys utilizing their "pitch".

Mystic Codes and Familiars:

Scales Of A Butterfly
    Eye For Sound
    : A Mystic Code, a monocle shaped like a butterfly's wing. It grants her a sort of artificial Synesthesia, allowing her to be able to see the sounds of anything physically, appearing as shapes akin to whatever that thing is.

Keys To Nature
    The Endless Keyboard
    : Her second main Mystic Code. This manifests as a set of keys which constantly float around her, encircling her. A new key appears for every being that enters a certain radius around her, matching its "pitch", and each key is perfectly primed to be used with her magecraft technique Hearing The World.
    Last edited by jishara; June 30th, 2022 at 10:13 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Source: BrokenTelevision on Tumblr

Name: Fen Hua Li
    Title: The Jiangshi
    Birthplace: Peking

History: The heir to a relatively unremarkable magus family, he was trained in his magical style. But on the day on which he would receive the Magic Crest that he would use, his younger brother sent assassins to kill him. Their spells struck true, and he fell.
    ...But yet, he still lived...
    His most recent spell, a restoration one, was activated upon him as he fell, but it wasn't strong enough to fully restore him, it instead left him on the boundary, perpetually needing to absorb Yin to remain alive. In addition, his morals were shattered. Days later, after his mysterious disappearance, he razed his family's estate, absorbing the Yin of them all. Then he went wild, absorbing the yin of ten, then dozens, then hundreds, then thousands of people, including several high-up magi. This has lead the Clock Tower to place a Sealing Designation on him.

Personality: Sadistic but soft-spoken, every word he says gives you the impression that he is an innocent person, merely framed for the crimes he committed, only leaving you to realize once he's already drained you away. He adores Yin, and believes he can taste many different flavors of it. His preferred flavor is sour.

Dislikes: Traitors, yang

Magical Origin: Yang
    Elemental Affinity: Wood
    Circuit Quantity: D
    Circuit Quality: A

Magecraft Abilities:

Yin Qi
    Pull Of Yang To Yin
    : A passive aura around him. This causes him to slowly drain away the Yin of any being near him. This slowly drains their mana, while restoring him passively.

Fulu
    Talisman Calligraphy
    : His most utilized magecraft spell. This normally is Fulu magecraft, his style of it, where he writes calligraphy on talismans to trigger various effects. He has developed this unique spell, which absorbs the Yin of any being he attaches the talisman to, draining them away until they become a Jiangshi, losing their personality and rationality, becoming a mindless "walking corpse".

Mystic Codes and Familiars:

Xie Shiti
    Scroll Of Life
    : The scroll which keeps him alive. The talisman ever expands, with more and more spells being attached onto it, including restoration spells, fire spells, frost spells, nature spells, and many assorted other types. Each of them can be triggered at will for him, and the scroll itself moves almost autonomously.

Creator Notes: Chapter 4 of the ARG is out now! Here is the location: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvxLz5lAyjd5tw7F...rS5DO?e=O1oNZR It is 4 bits, and Assassin-themed.