Page 183 of 858 FirstFirst ... 83133173178181182183184185188193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "If sis is going to fight, then so am I!"

Archer

Apollo

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    STR: A
    END: C
    AGI: A+
    MAG: B
    LUCK: A
    NP: A+

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (D): Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects magic, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. A rank that is embarrassingly low for any god, especially one of the Twelve Olympians. His tendency to succumb to the god of love’s enchanted arrows is the reason his rank is so low. Commenting on it will make him upset.

Independent Action (A+): The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the mana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's mana supply, the Master can concentrate their own mana on large spells. The downside is that they can be harder to control, making the only true way to command them by utilizing Command Spells. With a rank of A+ that exceeds even A, the support of a Master is unnecessary even while unleashing a large amount of mana. It is an ability that bends the rules and allows for the continued materialisation of Servants even after the conclusion of the Holy Grail War. A troublesome individual such as Apollo will tend to treat his Master’s orders as a friendly suggestion that he will probably end up ignoring, and in any case he considers himself a genius tactician far beyond any mortal level.

Personal Skills

Expert of Many Specializations (A): Access to and use of many expert skills. A god with a wide portfolio no matter how you look at it, namely prophecy and oracles, music, song and poetry, archery, healing, plague and disease, and the protection of the young. As such he is a master at all of these occupations, calling on his “awesome godly powers!”. He claims to be good at everything, but this is almost certainly a lie. Still, it would be best not to point it out.

Protection of the Music God Myself (EX): A Skill that denotes the divine protection of a god of the arts. Makes possible to distinguish all kinds of sounds and play a masterful music performance. Furthermore, plus modifiers are applied to the exercise of music-based magic. As the leader of the Muses’ choir, and a god of music in his own right, Apollo’s rank in this skill is unfathomably high. His singing possesses power on the level of a Noble Phantasm, and can reshape the very world around him. His audience’s minds melt into his melody and are washed away in a great tide of music.

Clairvoyance (A+): A skill that connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, to supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. At higher ranks, it is possible that the bearers of this skill have acquired such abilities as precognition ("future vision") and other forms of perception beyond standard eyesight (X-ray vision and so forth). As the god of archery, Apollo is a master archer whose aiming and eyesight are beyond compare: as well as distance, he is able to, if he focuses, see through walls and even into people’s hearts. A note about precognition: Apollo was the patron god of the Delphic Oracle, but he possesses no actual foresight of his own. Instead he can bestow prophetic powers on people who received his blessing (cf. Cassandra). He can’t actually remove the blessing once it’s been placed on someone, so caution must be taken.

Charming Adonis (A): The disposition of a pretty boy who charms people. A fascination magic-like effect that works on both men and women, but one can abate it so long there is a will to resist. Complete evasion by means of Magic Resistance Skill is possible. Often portrayed as a god who looked after and protected youths, Apollo is commonly portrayed as an incredibly beautiful young man. His preferred tactic is to act as a “refreshing younger brother type who totally admires and loves his cool older siblings”. He is shamelessly promiscuous when it comes to using this skill, so care must be taken not to fall under his spell.

Divine Core (A): The absoluteness of a divine spirit, a level beyond the Divinity skill possessed by demigods. Preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels mental interference (or not, see above) and protects the body from changes and growth. It also has the effects of the Divinity skill: namely reducing special defensive values called "purge defence" in proportion to the Rank and breaking through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.

Noble Phantasms

Shining Miasma Panacea
    Fly! Shafts of Plague and Convalescence!

(Anti-Army, A): The bow of the god of disease and healing, with the power to give and take away life as the wielder sees fit. As this skill is an expression of Apollo’s authority, any arrow can be imbued with its power, but he only likes to use it with his own personal bow. Upon activation, this ability can have one of two effects (Apollo chooses which it will be). The first: a choking fog bursts out of the arrow, spreading a virulent plague over the battlefield. The nature of the plague is purely Apollo’s choice, any fever can be seeded in the fog to infect and destroy: influenza, typhoid, smallpox, malaria, tuberculosis, and so on. The plague is magical in origin, so resistances to curses can help blunt its effects, but not block it entirely. To be hit with a plague arrow is death, causing one to rapidly rot from within. Even at its weakest, the ability can weaken and distract foes. The second effect is healing: a silvery mist that, once breathed in, slowly heals wounds and clears fever. A direct hit from an arrow of healing restores one to perfect health, even allowing for such miracles as regrowing lost limbs and the restoration of sight. The name is “an Apollo original!”; the two arrows are supposed to have different names, and worryingly Apollo sometimes forgets which one he has just used.

Grand Corona Flare
    Burn! All-Consuming Radiance of the Sun God!

(Anti-Fortress, A+):
    Through the power of syncretic belief, Apollo summons forth the mighty chariot of Helios, titan-god of the sun. Or doesn’t, as is in fact the case. As Apollo is not a Rider-class Servant, and doesn’t even possess the appropriate skill, he doesn’t really use the chariot, so him summoning it basically involves it appearing in a flash of light and just sitting there. Fortunately (for him), the chariot is the embodiment of the sun itself and so even without doing anything it produces heat and light appropriate for that of a great mass of matter in fusion, capable of scorching the earth barren, blasting great walls into dust and boiling the flesh off the bones of those unlucky enough to be caught in the way. Though a powerful attack, it is obviously nowhere near as strong as it could be with a capable charioteer behind the wheel, driving the soul of a star directly into an opposing force. ‘Grand Corona Flare’ is obviously not the chariot’s real name. Apollo calls it this because it “sounds cooler!”. There is no word yet as to what Helios thinks of the rename. There is apparently an awesome incantation to go with the name, which Apollo wrote specially for this attack. As the god of poetry, any verse he writes is, of course, beyond splendid.

Lore
    Dislikes: Being ignored
    Talents: “I’m good at everything!”
    Natural Enemy: Orion

One of the twelve Olympians, god of such things as light, music and art, son of Zeus and the titan Leto, and younger twin brother of Artemis. As a divine spirit, he is naturally not normally able to be summoned, but can be called in as a Pseudo Servant, or, as his sister does, will step in to protect one of his lovers from harm. Of all his loves, he will almost certainly intervene on Hyacinthus’s behalf, as he feels guilty for his fate.
    Even more whimsical and fanciful than his beloved sister, he has adopted the personality of a cute and spoiled younger brother. Though friendly and charming, he is also selfish, flighty, flirtatious, highly-strung and rather cowardly, and will avoid fighting where he can (he is not dissimilar to his protégé Paris in this respect), but if he feels he has no other option, will unleash his full power. He is proud of his talents, and is happiest when people praise him, but he is sensitive to criticism, has a tendency towards self-pity, and will sulk if he didn’t get the reaction he wanted. This is because, deep down, he is a rather lonely young man with a fragile sense of self-esteem. As a result, he also gets jealous easily and will lash out if he’s upset. Handling this troublesome individual will be quite the chore for any Master.

Bond CE - First Light on Delos

“Look, look. This is my favourite place in the world. It’s super special to me because I was born here! Ah, if you’re wondering, big sis was born on a different island, but then she and my mother came here and she helped Mother give birth to me. Isn’t she the coolest? So it’s special to me because being here reminds me of Mother and big sis. And since you’re here, that means you’re special to me too! So in celebration, you get to listen to my new fourteen-hour tone poem about how awesome Delos is. Wait, where are you going?”

Relations

Artemis – “Big sis, it’s me! Aren’t you pleased to see me? Ah, you’re so pleased you’re crying? I love you too, sis!”

Orion – “Touch her and die, bear.”

Nero – “You’re a singer too? And a poet? And an actor? And an athlete? Amazing! I really want to see one of your performances sometime! And maybe we can take the stage together! It’ll be so cool if you can accompany one of my poetry readings!”

Elizabeth – “Idol singer? Concert stage? If it’s a sing-off you want, I’ve never lost one before. I’ll decorate my temples with your horns, dragon!”

Ozymandias, Karna, Tamamo-no-Mae – “A-aaa! Lord Helios? Oh, you’re someone else? It’s just, I could smell the unmistakable reek of a sun god and thought Lord Helios had come to punish me for stealing his chariot again. Don’t scare me like that!”
    Last edited by asterism42; December 7th, 2017 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Friendly neighborhood Dark Lord! Mr.Obsidian's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    I've got an idea for a Demi-Servant Shinji soon may take a couple of days to iron things out fully
    My Servant Comepndium
    Make Middle-Earth great again!

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post
    Had a bunch of fun writing this one up. Trying out a new posting format for these sheets because why not? I might change back if it looks uglier than the last.

Anyway here's a couple of notes I've had while writing this one up:

1. I was basing him off on the idea of a male Medb NP-wise with a Jason-like personality so he has some similarities with the former (his first NP and second NP for an example)
    2. Him being applicable for the Caster class and having the Art of the Deal as a skill comes directly from TM Ace so I'm pretty sure Nasu is planning him for GO at some point. I've completely made up the definition for the skill though, since no one has it yet in canon.

Also I really need to stop doing Riders and Casters... even though I'm already planning another Rider.
    I've always been fond of the Luso Servants which you can kinda see on my two sheets on Henry and Vasco, so this sheet is an automatic plus for me.

I also really like this take on Vasco. Generally people tend to focus more on just his great sailing and shit, but i feel like this Vasco had more going for him than most(including mine).

On that note, your second point, if i'm not mistaken that column wasn't written by Nasu himself but by the interns at the magazine.
    It was mostly what "could' have been other servants that fit Okeanos, and Vasco was one of those.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That Apollo sheet was really fun. His personality is hilarious and all the references to it in his Skills and NPs definitely add a lot of flavor. Also, I wonder if Apollo is actually one of the few Greek Gods who could be eligible for summoning, due to his three year stint as a mortal after pissing off Zeus.

NP names are very nicely done as well, by the way. Very florid wording, but it fits his melodramatic personality perfectly.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    -snip-
    He's a fun Archer to say the least. You've certainly painted his personality over well with all the skills and NPs having a part of his personality mixed into the lore bits. His relationship with Artemis is amusing, given he's giving her a taste of her own medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    I've always been fond of the Luso Servants which you can kinda see on my two sheets on Henry and Vasco, so this sheet is an automatic plus for me.

I also really like this take on Vasco. Generally people tend to focus more on just his great sailing and shit, but i feel like this Vasco had more going for him than most(including mine).

On that note, your second point, if i'm not mistaken that column wasn't written by Nasu himself but by the interns at the magazine.
    It was mostly what "could' have been other servants that fit Okeanos, and Vasco was one of those.
    Glad you like it. And you're right actually. I re-checked. Those ''what if'' Servants were written by DW. Guess I kind of assumed they were Nasu-approved since Holmes is coming and all. I'd say Vasco da Gama is a name we'll eventually see in GO regardless though.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vasco da Gama: Plus points for effort. Minus points for making it overbloated. It's clear you went and put everything you could think of that you thought could be a Skill or a NP, and just went and did it. And at least one skill is a composite one that merges two. It's too much. Vasco da Gama is great and all, but he's no Perseus. On the other hand, five Personal Skills seems to have become the norm around here, so whatever. Each individual element is well made, there are just too many.

Apollo: Amusing. Not convinced by "Protection from Myself", though, until you explain why every other Divine Spirit doesn't have it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Apollo: Amusing. Not convinced by "Protection from Myself", though, until you explain why every other Divine Spirit doesn't have it.
    ...Because not every Divine Spirit is associated with music? I don't see why that's really a difficult question.

Blog Entries
    Because the skill's name is Protection of the Music God. And Apollo is the god of music. He's literally bestowing his blessing on himself.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    Apollo is cute, but I'm wondering why there isn't a section for Mozart in his Relations quotes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Vasco da Gama: Plus points for effort. Minus points for making it overbloated. It's clear you went and put everything you could think of that you thought could be a Skill or a NP, and just went and did it. And at least one skill is a composite one that merges two. It's too much. Vasco da Gama is great and all, but he's no Perseus. On the other hand, five Personal Skills seems to have become the norm around here, so whatever. Each individual element is well made, there are just too many.
    Can't really say I disagree with the skill part. It's a valid criticism for my sheets since I do go out of my way to give every Servant around 5 skills because there's always ideas I want to use and not cut out. Saint George has 5 skills and 4 NPs so it's not completely out of realm of possibilities, buut he's a pretty rare case. If I had to trim down the skills for a GO release, I'd likely just leave Voyager of the Storms, Affections of the Goddess and Art of the Deal.

I don't think 4 NPs are that strange on the other hand though. For a Rider servant I mean. Medb has 4, George has 4, Astolfo has 5, Perseus has 5, Ushi has 1 that is a composite of 5 NPs, etc. They're a class that depend on NPs more than anything else so it's fitting imo, but perhaps the third NP could go.

And thanks for the compliment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Apollo is cute, but I'm wondering why there isn't a section for Mozart in his Relations quotes.
    Because I'm a derp and didn't think of that.

Blog Entries
    I don't think 4 NPs are that strange on the other hand though. For a Rider servant I mean. Medb has 4, George has 4, Astolfo has 5, Perseus has 5, Ushi has 1 that is a composite of 5 NPs, etc. They're a class that depend on NPs more than anything else so it's fitting imo, but perhaps the third NP could go.
    Medb has four NPs? The only ones I remember were the rape-chariot and 'birthing' soldiers from her blood.

Blog Entries
    He's a fun Archer to say the least. You've certainly painted his personality over well with all the skills and NPs having a part of his personality mixed into the lore bits. His relationship with Artemis is amusing, given he's giving her a taste of her own medicine.

Glad you like it. And you're right actually. I re-checked. Those ''what if'' Servants were written by DW. Guess I kind of assumed they were Nasu-approved since Holmes is coming and all. I'd say Vasco da Gama is a name we'll eventually see in GO regardless though.
    I'd say, sadly, the boat has sailed, pun intended.

The perfect time to introduce any Luso servant was Okeanos.

80% of the Portuguese "mythos" involve seafaring and the age of exploring, which they kickstarted, so having no one there, not even Columbus is proof enough for me that we aren't going to see any of those soon.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    ...Because not every Divine Spirit is associated with music? I don't see why that's really a difficult question.
    Yes, but every god is a god of something. Why doesn't Artemis grant herself "Protection of the Moon/Hunting God", or Stheno and Euryale "Protection of the Sea God", or Ishtar "Protection of the Love/War/Fertility/Power/Justice/Sex/Whatever God"?

Such skills generally represent divine boons granted to mortals for whatever reason. The idea of gods granting those boons to themselves is just awkward. It's already what they are. They don't need to bestow it upon themselves.

@Adlet: Well, Astolfo and Perseus are heroes whose legends closely involve using a number of different tools to succeed. In Medb's case, she uses men to satiate her lust and her greed. That's her shtick. Georgios is just weird. But I guess it works out for Vasco da Gama; that man was hungry for riches.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; January 9th, 2017 at 06:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Why doesn't Artemis give Saber a boon when Gawain has Numeral because ???

Blog Entries
    Medb has four NPs? The only ones I remember were the rape-chariot and 'birthing' soldiers from her blood.
    Rapemobile, magie roofie, Conchobar-kun halp plz, stealing Caladbolg for personal use

Blog Entries
    I think it's fine.

Most of that Gama's NPs are passive bonuses, that really are more like Skills than proper game-changing Noble Phantasms.

Compare with the other two boat captains, and while Gama is a more versatile captain who is able to barter & seduce, just eclipse him in firepower(though Blackbeard might need some buddies to do that).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The former is one NP, but the latter isn't even a NP. It's mostly unexplained as of right now. Her other three NPs besides the Chariot are her Mead (which makes any man become unable to resist her if they drink it), her borrowed Clairvoyance from Conchobar (which is why I gave Vasco da Gama borrowed Clairvoyance from his lover, too), and Caladbolg which she took from Fergus (another one of her lovers).

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    I'd say, sadly, the boat has sailed, pun intended.

The perfect time to introduce any Luso servant was Okeanos.

80% of the Portuguese "mythos" involve seafaring and the age of exploring, which they kickstarted, so having no one there, not even Columbus is proof enough for me that we aren't going to see any of those soon.
    It's true that Okeanos was the perfect stage for him to appear, but I don't think he missed his chance at all. GO's bound to keep running as long as it makes them money and I really, really doubt big names like Christopher Columbus, Vasco da Gama, Ferdinand Magellan, etc. won't appear at some point. They could perhaps make a stage based around some of the expeditions to the Americas during the Age of Discovery, if they'll even do those type of ''travel back to past'' stages in GO 2 since they said they're not doing singularities anymore.

I think we still have a big chance of getting him at some point in one way or another. Either in story or in some event (remember, new Servant additions aren't bound to main story only). Plus Washington had his chance in the America chapter, but there's no doubt for me he's one of the people that are bound to be added tbh.

Blog Entries
    Though i think you might as well just merge Protection of the Wind with Affection of the Goddess

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    The ones you "remember"

This is why people say "wait for mats" when versus or using stuff in GO for this thread come up