Page 204 of 858 FirstFirst ... 104154194199202203204205206209214254304704 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    "I'm well aware I'm using an insult geared toward homosexuals in a more general manner, but I'll refuse to acknowledge that as bad in itself and also to apologise for it even though I was explicitly violating the forum's rules."
    Fucking entitled teenagers.
    When everyone in the thread has already moved on pages ago, do try to not dredge an argument up again by insulting people, especially while intentionally failing to include in the quote the part where the poster agreed to not repeat the offending behaviour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Well, if you go by (questionable) South Park logic then not all homosexuals are necessarily "faggots". It is a very dubious term (to say the least) due to those associations though, and personally I try to avoid ever using such explicitly sexualized/derogatory insults for exactly that reason. I'd contest the comment about "entitled teenagers" though. I don't know old you are exactly but I've always assumed it was somewhere in your 20s, while AC him(?)self is 21 years old so I honestly doubt you're that far apart in terms of age.
    by god, stop

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    You think I'm in my twenties? That's generous of you. :-)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You think I'm in my twenties? That's generous of you. :-)
    When in doubt, always go with the younger estimate of age. What, you think that's only for women?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "I'm well aware I'm using an insult geared toward homosexuals in a more general manner, but I'll refuse to acknowledge that as bad in itself and also to apologise for it even though I was explicitly violating the forum's rules."
    Fucking entitled teenagers.
    The connotations in which that word was used was not geared at insulting or belittling anyone, let alone homosexuals when the word had zero sexual connotations in that sentence. It was used to describe Hagen - a fictional character - as a massive asshole, nothing more. It was not aimed at another user and it was certainly not aimed at a group of people that have a certain sexual preference either. Just because some people use it for different purposes and it can have sexual connotations in some cases does not equate to it having an anti-homosexual meaning in every case, especially because the word is also used a derogatory way to describe anyone who acts like an ass.

Also I did not ''refuse to acknowledge'' it being an anti-gay (or it being bad, for that matter) word so I'd appreciate if you stopped putting words in my mouth. I only rejected the notion that the example I used it in had any connection to homosexuals. And no, friend, I am not going to apologize because I'm not the type to bend my knee and cry for forgiveness every time a word I use accidentally offends someone when it wasn't used to offend anyone. If I did that, I'd be quite the pushover. I'll apologize if I wronged someone in an actual way and as for the rules, I wasn't aware that that specific swear word was not allowed in cases where it's not aimed at homosexuals or other people so? I'll acknowledge the fact that I violated the rules, which is why I won't use that type of wording anymore.

Now please stop beating a dead horse and trying to call other people entitled just because. I had zero intention to derail the thread, let alone attack someone, and I'd like it to stay that way after this post.

Edit: For that matter, I'll apologize for replying further when the topic should be over, but I felt like I couldn't just ignore a direct accusation so sorry about that to anyone who doesn't want this to go on.
    Last edited by Adlet; January 23rd, 2017 at 02:42 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh gods, that was even more verbose then my reply. For heaven's sake, regardless of who was right or wrong, somebody knock this off before the mods come and whack somebody!

uh

take it to VMs?

yeah that sounds good

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nah, it's over now, Royd. No worries.

Okay, now to stay on topic. What are the odds of Kriemhild having Dainsleif as a Noble Phantasm even if Siegfried didn't? I remember reading that it was among one of the swords that Siegfried got from Fafnir's hoard which Kriemhild took post Siegfried's death. She lost most of that hoard in the legend, but a sizeable portion of it still remained with her even after Hagen took it.

Quote Originally Posted by AirConditioner View Post
    Nah, it's over now, Royd. No worries.

Okay, now to stay on topic. What are the odds of Kriemhild having Dainsleif as a Noble Phantasm even if Siegfried didn't? I remember reading that it was among one of the swords that Siegfried got from Fafnir's hoard which Kriemhild took post Siegfried's death. She lost most of that hoard in the legend, but a sizeable portion of it still remained with her even after Hagen took it.
    Hm...probably. It's a canon weapon in Fate (Gil uses it in FSN), so I don't see why not. Maybe she was just more often associated with it than Siegfried was, or something. Siegfried has another sword already.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Hm...probably. It's a canon weapon in Fate (Gil uses it in FSN), so I don't see why not. Maybe she was just more often associated with it than Siegfried was, or something. Siegfried has another sword already.
    Not really that associated to be honest. Only association is that it was among Fafnir's treasures in FSN which Kriem took a good portion of with her even after Hagen had stolen most of it. And if we're talking about sword NPs, she's much better fit with a more gloomy version of Balmung herself. I'm just thinking of doing a Kriemhild sheet and considering whether I should give her the sword or not alongside Balmung and a Bounded Field NP.

Dainsleif wasn't a part of Fafnir's treasure. Plus, it's from the Norse tradition, not the Germanic one.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dainsleif wasn't a part of Fafnir's treasure. Plus, it's from the Norse tradition, not the Germanic one.
    I was referring to FSN, actually. I remember reading a FSN entry with Dainsleif that said it was among Fafnir's treasure which Siegfried took. I could be wrong since I don't really have FSN installed right now to check for sure.

Sigurd and Siegfried are different, but were there two Fafnirs?

I was referring to FSN, actually. I remember reading a FSN entry with Dainsleif that said it was among Fafnir's treasure which Siegfried took. I could be wrong since I don't really have FSN installed right now to check for sure.
    see above
    Last edited by 4score7years; January 23rd, 2017 at 03:07 PM.

Oh, if that's the case, you might justify it as it being wielded by Kriemhild in her revenge against Siegfried's killers.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    see above
    Oh. Well, I don't know for sure if there's not two Fafnirs, but the whole deal with Siegfried's fight with Fafnir is that he doesn't even remember it happening since that's a feat other people attributed to him without it ever being shown in the original myth. I'd say that it could be that Sigurd was the one who slew it and his (apparently) similar appearance with Siegfried might have made some people mistake him for Siegfried, but that wouldn't really explain where he got Fafnir's treasure from then.

In any case, it's probably a stretch to give Kriemhild Dainsleif over such a minor connection so I should just scrap it and leave it at two NPs instead, I suppose.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There is always Balmung to fall back on

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Well, if you go by (questionable) South Park logic then not all homosexuals are necessarily "faggots". It is a very dubious term (to say the least) due to those associations though, and personally I try to avoid ever using such explicitly sexualized/derogatory insults for exactly that reason. I'd contest the comment about "entitled teenagers" though. I don't know old you are exactly but I've always assumed it was somewhere in your 20s, while AC him(?)self is 21 years old so I honestly doubt you're that far apart in terms of age.
    The connotations in which that word was used was not geared at insulting or belittling anyone, let alone homosexuals when the word had zero sexual connotations in that sentence. It was used to describe Hagen - a fictional character - as a massive asshole, nothing more. It was not aimed at another user and it was certainly not aimed at a group of people that have a certain sexual preference either. Just because some people use it for different purposes and it can have sexual connotations in some cases does not equate to it having an anti-homosexual meaning in every case, especially because the word is also used a derogatory way to describe anyone who acts like an ass.

Also I did not ''refuse to acknowledge'' it being an anti-gay (or it being bad, for that matter) word so I'd appreciate if you stopped putting words in my mouth. I only rejected the notion that the example I used it in had any connection to homosexuals. And no, friend, I am not going to apologize because I'm not the type to bend my knee and cry for forgiveness every time a word I use accidentally offends someone when it wasn't used to offend anyone. If I did that, I'd be quite the pushover. I'll apologize if I wronged someone in an actual way and as for the rules, I wasn't aware that that specific swear word was not allowed in cases where it's not aimed at homosexuals or other people so? I'll acknowledge the fact that I violated the rules, which is why I won't use that type of wording anymore.

Now please stop beating a dead horse and trying to call other people entitled just because. I had zero intention to derail the thread, let alone attack someone, and I'd like it to stay that way after this post.

Edit: For that matter, I'll apologize for replying further when the topic should be over, but I felt like I couldn't just ignore a direct accusation so sorry about that to anyone who doesn't want this to go on.
    By all means, keep digging. With any luck you'll reach the Earth's core. And stay there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    There is always Balmung to fall back on
    Yeah, it's what I plan on using. Fits her way better anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    By all means, keep digging. With any luck you'll reach the Earth's core. And stay there.
    Okay, but Royd and I don't really have the tools to reach the Earth's core. All we have is two shovels and a pair of hands each. We're bound to get tired with just that! You could help donate to us for better tools though.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When I become mod of beasts lair I will perma-ban all heterosexuals and that's a promise

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    > still going off topic about the thing you were told to stop

There's digging going on all right.

Look, when a mod says to drop a topic that doesn't mean every single person who didn't get a chance to weigh in gets to drop by and snark about it. Drop it and move on with the actual topic.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Yeah, but there were no knights when Artoria or Diarmuid was alive either or at least what we would recognize as a knight.
    How do you know.