Page 347 of 858 FirstFirst ... 247297337342345346347348349352357397447847 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Thx. And it's fine, and sorry but make two caster days, I gave up on my Solomn duty, the sins can wait. Also Any good H.H Holmes sheet I could look at? I assume mordred would be affected, thou weather or not he could actually be killed by sweeny is extremely up to debate.
    Last edited by venomking; July 29th, 2017 at 06:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Sorry if this is shorter than my regular comments, I'm not doing the best am I?
    Thank you very much for your another helpful review!
    First, his STR is at C because, despite being a pacifist, Nunuku was a chieftain of his tribe, and being a tribal chief may requires him to become at least stronger than most of his people. I also rank his LCK at B because, despite caused the extermination of his tribe, his Law persisted for hundreds of years and was honored to the end by his descendants, but perhaps I should lower it to C. I also will probably add more details for the NP.

Well, being pacifist doesn't mean that he can't kill other, but rather, they don't want to do it. Just like his tribe, Nunuku would probably also choose death over violating his own Law, but because servants are technically already 'dead' and is spiritually different from other human, he may unexpectedly consider to 'kill' them, because he technically didn't violate his law of not "Shedding the blood of other living human being".
    Last edited by 34; July 29th, 2017 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    (of which the Arrow one is just the most famous).
    I'd say Achilles and the Tortoise is probably slightly more well known

they are both generally aimed at proving the same point though

I'm more curious how you'll handle characterization. I mean, we know fuck all about the guy apart from like 10 of his paradoxes, half of which are just poorly described by some other dudes

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I was looking around for an FC for my upcoming Zeno sheet, and much to my surprise I found there's actually a version of this guy in some manga called Choujin Sensen. Granted, it's rather inaccurate to say the least as he seems to be some kind of robot supervillain who wants to destroy the world(???), but his powers at least are based on the historical Zeno's philosophy.

I've pretty much gotten most of my sheet down, but that actually did offer me an idea as to how to go about the "paradox Skill" I talked about above (that, as "the father of paradoxes" Zeno maybe could use versions of paradoxes invented after him as spells, GoB style). Also, that manga sounds seriously weird. I might just try to check it out if only for the sheer balls-out insanity of seeing the likes of Zeno and da Vinci as genocidal cyborgs...

Umm, that sounds a bit much even for me. And I freakin enjoyed big order! So that saying a lot.

accidently typed full orders! And know I just think of some cheap rip off of the anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Also any good H.H Holmes sheets?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, I feel at least one of my sheets should make it in the list. Oh well I'll put my best effort for H.H Holmes.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of, we haven't updated the index in a while have we? Shall I compile a list of the new sheets?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Speaking of, we haven't updated the index in a while have we? Shall I compile a list of the new sheets?
    Far as I remember Seika came down with a bad cold or something a while ago and so couldn't manage to update the OP at the expected time. Hopefully she'll get around to it sometime not so long from now...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Umm, that sounds a bit much even for me. And I freakin enjoyed big order! So that saying a lot.

accidently typed full orders! And know I just think of some cheap rip off of the anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Also any good H.H Holmes sheets?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, I feel at least one of my sheets should make it in the list. Oh well I'll put my best effort for H.H Holmes.
    It's funny that you mention H.H Holmes since I've been working on a sheet for him myself lately. In fact he's sitting about half finished on my Word file, as my inspiration died partway through...

Could you make your before mine? So I can get a good idea of what a good H.H Holmes sheet should look like.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Could you make your before mine? So I can get a good idea of what a good H.H Holmes sheet should look like.
    I'll try. Though as I said, inspiration kind of died so it might be a little while before I finish him off (especially since I have other Servant ideas in mind).

Zeno's definitely going to come first though, since I'm quite close to finished with him already (basically just got to flesh out his personality and add one last Personal Skill and I'll be more-or-less done).

Thx. In case you need some skills for Holmes, you could probably make something of how it was said his heart beat for fifteen minutes after being hanged, or how people who had dealings with him mysteriously died.

Blog Entries
    Considering all this talk of Zeno I once thought of doing the guy as well. Except I was going to make it a Caster Servant for all of the Presocratics. A bunch of weak Servants with a variety of Noble Phantasms.

On a completely different note I was wondering if someone who knows more about FGO could clear this up for me. Sherlock Holmes has just been released as a proper Servant and, while I am still a bit cynical in terms of design (it's only beginning to warm to me with all those goddamn steampunk magnifying glasses), I'm confused if him being a Ruler now means that Rulers do not have to be proper Saints. A clear answer on that front would open up a series of possibilities for Servant Sheet Creation (I read someone saying that he was meant to be a Ruler because of his investigation and mediation capabilities).
    Last edited by sherlock1110; July 30th, 2017 at 07:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

Blog Entries
    Zeno would probably make the argument that he both suits all classes.
    And make you believe him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Let's see with Zeno paradoxes as you asked,

Achilles and the Tortoise:
    "In a race, the quickest runner can never overtake the slowest, since the pursuer must first reach the point whence the pursued started, so that the slower must always hold a lead."
    The first thought would be to perhaps give him an ability that boosts his parameters (or a single stat) so they/its are one rank higher than an opponent.

Dichotomy: "That which is in locomotion must arrive at the half-way stage before it arrives at the goal."
    If someone wants to get somewhere, they need to get halfway there, then there will be a new distance that has a halfway point, theoretically meaning there are an infinite number of steps meaning things such as 'Motion is Illusion' or 'Time and Space is an Illusion'

Arrow: "If everything when it occupies an equal space is at rest, and if that which is in locomotion is always occupying such a space at any moment, the flying arrow is therefore motionless."
    Zeno states that for motion to occur, an object must change the position which it occupies. He says the arrow cannot move to where it is not, because no time elapses for it to move there; it cannot move to where it is, because it is already there. The basis for this is dividing time into points.

Hope these help!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Let's see with Zeno paradoxes as you asked,

Achilles and the Tortoise:
    "In a race, the quickest runner can never overtake the slowest, since the pursuer must first reach the point whence the pursued started, so that the slower must always hold a lead."
    The first thought would be to perhaps give him an ability that boosts his parameters (or a single stat) so they/its are one rank higher than an opponent.

Dichotomy: "That which is in locomotion must arrive at the half-way stage before it arrives at the goal."
    If someone wants to get somewhere, they need to get halfway there, then there will be a new distance that has a halfway point, theoretically meaning there are an infinite number of steps meaning things such as 'Motion is Illusion' or 'Time and Space is an Illusion'

Arrow: "If everything when it occupies an equal space is at rest, and if that which is in locomotion is always occupying such a space at any moment, the flying arrow is therefore motionless."
    Zeno states that for motion to occur, an object must change the position which it occupies. He says the arrow cannot move to where it is not, because no time elapses for it to move there; it cannot move to where it is, because it is already there. The basis for this is dividing time into points.

Hope these help!
    Thanks, but as I said before I've already pretty much finalized his NP (a spatial manipulation ability that essentially acts as the combination of his "Dichotomy" and "Arrow" paradoxes).

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Thanks, but as I said before I've already pretty much finalized his NP (a spatial manipulation ability that essentially acts as the combination of his "Dichotomy" and "Arrow" paradoxes).
    Huh, kinda like how my Einstein can manipulate space? On different principles, mind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    Huh, kinda like how my Einstein can manipulate space? On different principles, mind.
    Kind of, and I did have that thought while coming up with the NP, but mine is limited to expanding distance (which can still be used for a whole lot of versatile stuff, mind you).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "Arrow Head": Surprised more people haven't commented on it yet. It's certainly a different take on Chiyou's character and not one I would have thought of myself, frankly i should have seen it coming with the way you talked about different 'aspects' of the character. There are lots of high stats but given the death-like concept of the Archer, it's appropriate - I'm getting King Hassan vibes from her and I think it's safe to say they're intentional. At The Boundary is actually warranted and the high amount of original skills is appreciated.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    And here is another of my backburner Servants.

Faceclaim

The Grail is mine! As a proper Christian knight, it's imperative I cannot allow it to befall into heretic hands! Though, if you wish to help my claim, Master, I won't be adverse to sharing with you in it's glory.

Class: Archer
    Other Classes: Rider, Berserker
    True Name: William I The Bastard, Last Conqueror of England
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: Normandy

Height: 1.78m
    Weight: 92kg (initially)
    Likes: his wife, claiming his rights, receiving his taxes, eating, hunting
    Dislikes: usurpers, being denied, being called tanner's son
    Talent: taxation, warfare
    Natural Enemy: Harold Godwinson
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: King of England, Conqueror, Bastard
    Armament: sword and shield, heavy bow that most man of his time would be having trouble with drawing
    Catalyst: Bayeux Tapestry, Doomsday Book

Personality
    Seemingly a study in contradiction. On the one hand, William is cruel and greedy man, very much interested with obtaining as much power, wealth and prestige as possible. On the other, William honestly loved his wife, Mathilda, was affectionate with her and remained faithful throughout their marriage, a rare thing for medieval monarch, though even their love didn't stop him from forcing his will should she deny him truly important things (like her hand in the first place).

In traditional warfare, William designates himself clear goal and will not stop at anything to claim it, though if one were to insult his efforts on the basis of his origins, he would drop the facade of God-loving, chivalrous warrior and focus on incurring as much pain and suffering as possible to repay for the insult.

In Holy Grail War, William is surprisingly loyal Servant, sticking to his Master no matter how talented or suited they may be, understanding necessity of alliances and offering his advice every chance he gets, though he will also keep an eye on possible riches to claim for himself.

STR: C+
    END: C+
    AGI: C (E)
    MGI: D (EX)
    LCK: B (E)
    NP: B

Class Skills:

Independent Action: B(EX)
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. At his level, Archer is capable of remaining manifested without master for two days. Should he activate Doomsday Book he shall be capable of complete independence from sources of Magical Energy, a Servant without Master, capable of fighting in the Holy Grail War at his full strenght.

Magic Resistance: D
    Protection against magical effects that cancels all magic below one verse. Having lived well into Age of Man and not possessing any particularly outstanding zealotry, Archer goes by with what was granted him by his class.

Personal Skills:

Mental Pollution: D+
    Distorted mentality allowing for resisting mental interference at the cost of difficulty of coming to understanding with those, who are not similarly warped. Archer's entire life was ruled by pressing need to gather more power (whether monetary, military or political) and later in life by his greed. However, he is extremely pushy about his parentage (or more specifically, social position of his mother), and should someone insult it, he will fly into fit of rage that will most probably end with the person who insulted him either dead or wishing for it.

Military Tactics: D+
    Tactical knowledge utilised for battles of entire armies, granting bonuses for use and defence against Anti-Army Noble Phantasms. Archer was in life a competent commander and a man, who rose to great prominence almost entirely on his military skill alone. While Archer was skilled military commander, having come to his position from relative irrelevance on it alone, he wasn't exceptional by the standard of his times. The bonus modifier comes into play when facing opponent, who is roughly his equal in strenght and represents Archer's ability to spot situations that can be used to turn the tide of battle.

Riding: B-(C-)
    Ability to handle vehicles and ordinary mounts with above average skill. However, due to Archer's embarrassing death, his skill is reduced, especially after activation of Doomsday Book.

Noble Phantasms:

Blind Chance of Assured Victory
    Hastings

Type: Anti-Unit
    Targets: 1

Main Noble Phantasm of William when summoned under Archer class, a crystallisation of the battle that assured his claim as king of England. More precisely it is a moment of battle when pretender Harold was killed (due to conflicting versions, this Noble Phantasm differs in form due to method that class acknowledges; as an Archer, it was arrow to the eye).

It can be only activated when William has been fighting his enemy for prolonged time. Despite his class, Archer needs not to draw his bow to use it. He merely needs to proclaim the name of the battle that set his claim in stone.

Upon declaring its name, a lone arrow will be released at William's enemy and, should they fail a Luck check, they will be struck, depending on degree of failure, either into sensitive spot that is sure to at least eliminate them from the fighting for longer period of time, or into an eye, killing them immediately. Additionally, if Hastings is used withing area affected by Doomsday Book, upon killing enemy, all their magical energy will be transferred to William.

Legendary Record of Greed
    Doomsday Book

Type: Anti-Country

Second Noble Phantasm of William the Conqueror in Archer class, an absolute survey of everything in kingdom of England that was owned by William (or one of his vassals or subjects) for purposes of specifying exact value of lands for better taxation.

When activated, Doomsday Book claims area under William's control as Kingdom of England, and spreads until it encompasses entire country. During this process, which lasts for three days, the book exist in physical form, filling out its pages, while William cannot take offensive action and must remain in the Book's vicinity to maintain the connection., but after the complete encompassing of a country it vanishes, becoming attribute of William called simply Doomsday.

This Noble Phantasm hijacks all leylines and other sources of magical energy, redirecting part of its flow to William, essentially granting him EX-ranked Independent Action. From that point onward, William literally cannot run out of mana. However, the longer it's active, the more William's Luck and Agility drop down (all the way to E) and impacts his Riding skill, while making him more and more obtuse. At any moment William can re-summon the book and learn the location of his enemies (if they reside within affected area), as well as their exact forces and weaknesses. However, during materialisation Doomsday Book is vulnerable, and should it be destroyed, it will be lost to William, while all the penalties he accumulated will still remain on him.
    Last edited by Omida; August 2nd, 2017 at 01:06 PM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd say it needs an explanation for the plus-modifiers in Military Tactics. Aside from that, it's a good, rote design.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    I'd say it needs an explanation for the plus-modifiers in Military Tactics. Aside from that, it's a good, rote design.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about it's rank, because while good, William isn't exactly exemplary enough to warrant C-rank. His tactics were pretty standard for the time, but he did climb up on pretty much military accomplishments alone and I wanted to reflect that.

I think I can drop the second plus and justify the first as ability to spot tide turners when fighting against roughly equal forces. I was probably trying too hard to make him distinct, so it's only for the best, so thanks for comment.