Page 53 of 858 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863103153553 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Pfft, as if this is the first time a Heroic Spirit was made far more handsome/sexy/cute then their historical self ever was. Except Caesar, who ends up randomly fat for some reason.

In any case, I liked the FC. (Though it does kind of feel like an Otome game character...)
    In this case it just doesn't work for me. I'm not aroused

Did somebody say 'otome game character'?

Class: Saber

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: D
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (B): Cancels spell three verses or shorter. Saber's relatively high rank of resistance
    stems from his deep understanding of the mathematical aspects of hermeticism, allowing him to reduce or
    nullify the effects of any spells that come within his striking range.

Riding (B): Mundane beasts and vehicles can be handled with above average skill.
    However, Phantasmal races are beyond his ability.

Personal Skills

Mathematical Genius (A): Saber was a student and teacher of mathematics and was notable for his highly logical,
    mathematical approach to swordplay. To say that he is "good with numbers" would be a colossal understatement.
    Using his vast calculation abilities he is able to understand the world around him to such an extreme depth
    that he can avoid enemy attacks, locate weak points and predict the probability of almost any event with ease.

Subversive Technique (B): Indicates training with a fighting style that was considered unorthodox in Saber's time
    or culture. Saber's use of his rapier relies heavily on the wielder's ritualistic understanding of the geometry of
    their environment, their opponent and themselves. It prevents any decrease in the effectiveness of Saber's attacks,
    in order to recreate his advantage over his enemies.

Equipment: Saber's only weapon is an unadorned rapier. Although it was in vogue to use offhand weapons such as daggers
    or pistols alongside a sword, Saber uses only a single rapier, believing it capable of defeating any other weapon or
    combinations thereof. Every part of his rapier is precisely measured, from the blade to the hilt to the quillions.

Noble Phantasm

Academy of the Sword
    ~The Mysterious Circle (B, Magecraft)

Saber's only known work was a rapier manual considered to be the most lavishly-illustrated swordsmanship manual ever produced.
    A team of master engravers were employed to produce plates for all forty-four chapters of the treatise, containing many pairs
    of swordsmen per instructional plate. It emphasizes the the precise geometric relationships between opposing swordsmen, always
    stressing the importance of natural proportion. By applying his knowledge of hermeticism and combining it with mathematics, he
    can seamlessly merge swordsmanship and magecraft to "carve" a spell in three dimensions around him for a variety of effects.
    The perimeter of the circle extends only as far as his arms and blade can reach, but the inside of the circle can be compared
    to a tiny Reality Marble given enough preparation and prana on Saber's part. To mundane eyes, the "Mysterious Circle" is simply
    a diagram used to determine the proper length of one's sword, steps and distance and serve as a quick reference for a studying
    fencer. In reality, however, to a mage's eyes, the reverse is true; the spell moves and changes according to Saber's stances
    and movements, allowing him to switch between any prepared spells and perform magecraft as fluidly and gracefully as his fencing.

Background
    Gerard Thibault of Antwerp was a Dutch fencing master and author of the rapier manual Academie de l'Espée (Academy of the Sword).
    His manual is one of the most detailed and elaborate extant sources on rapier combat, painstakingly utilizing geometry and logic
    to defend his unorthodox style of swordsmanship. Though this is his only known work, legend says he also wrote books of magic.

A noble merchant, he studied the fencing of Destreza, a great Spanish rapier master. His competency paid off in recognition
    among the nobility and royalty, and the experience under his belt and his friends in high places earned him a scholarship
    at Leiden University, where he studied and taught mathematics. It was during this time that he completed his manual.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; October 3rd, 2016 at 11:00 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gerard: I like this guy a lot. The idea of a mathematically based fencer is such a fascinating idea, which is only increased when you introduce Nasuverse elements.

Mathematical Genius Skill is really cool and flavorful (reminds me a bit of that one Cape with super number powers from Worm). EOTM(T) seems a bit redundant honestly, since his first one can already do everything it can and more. While Subversive Technique is rather interesting, the actual effect (attacks not diminishing in effectiveness over time) sounds pretty much identical to Kojiro's Heart Of Harmony so I'd maybe consider using that instead, still keeping the rapier stuff as flavor of course.

His NP is great and the whole idea of tracing out spells in the air with his sword sounds like it could make for some really striking, cool imagery in a battle. Mark this down as one Servant I'd really want to see in action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    I dunno. He is pretty hot. I'm a (straight) guy and even I'm a little charmed...

Mathematical Genius Skill is really cool and flavorful (reminds me a bit of that one Cape with super number powers from Worm).
    Worm makes you respect any power and makes you stop and think "how can this seemingly mundane or useless power utterly wreck someone's shit?" See: bug powers.

While Subversive Technique is rather interesting, the actual effect (attacks not diminishing in effectiveness over time) sounds pretty much identical to Kojiro's Heart Of Harmony so I'd maybe consider using that instead, still keeping the rapier stuff as flavor of course.
    It grants the same benefits, but for different reasons, hence the different name.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Worm makes you respect any power and makes you stop and think "how can this seemingly mundane or useless power utterly wreck someone's shit?" See: bug powers.
    So, like Jojo then? Never has creating zippers or unraveling into string been so useful...

It grants the same benefits, but for different reasons, hence the different name.
    Ah. Fair enough. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

So, like Jojo then? Never has creating zippers or unraveling into string been so useful...
    The author was once challenged to create a character whose power let him make words appear on surfaces. He made this crackpot idea into a rather terrifying assassin.

Blog Entries
    The author was once challenged to create a character whose power let him make words appear on surfaces. He made this crackpot idea into a rather terrifying assassin.
    Haven't gotten to that point yet. Though Koichi's power is a bit similar with putting sound-effects onto objects...

Haven't gotten to that point yet. Though Koichi's power is a bit similar with putting sound-effects onto objects...
    He doesn't appear in the story, it was just a thought experiment that a commenter challenged him with.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbow
    That’d be a shaker-level power, pretty low level. But it wouldn’t fit into the Wormverse, I don’t think. Not as described. But if you were to force my hand, I’d basically make him Eulogy, who stalks his victims and writes in their surroundings (spying through open windows of their apartment, onto the dashboard of their car, using cameras if that sort of means qualifies for the writing power). The power is used to gaslight the victims, and he writes fragments of their suicide notes, complete with lurid and grotesque details that don’t fit the individual. Then in their weakest moment, when they’ve been pushed to their limit and are wondering if they’re truly going mad (as are their loved ones) he frames them for whatever crimes and depravities he alluded to and stages their ‘suicide’. Operates as a hitman for people who want their enemies to suffer, barely known outside of that circle.

Blog Entries
    He doesn't appear in the story, it was just a thought experiment that a commenter challenged him with.
    Oh, so you meant Worm and not Jojo. I got confused. In any case, that does sound like a marvelously creepy power.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    The FC was America from Hetalia, Wash was the only one appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

Royd: Fair feedback, I'll get to it after work.

- - - Updated - - -

Funderfulness:I like him. He does look like an Otome game character. The idea behind him with the mathematical understanding of swordplay works quite fluently and the magecraft aspect is woven into it rather well.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    I remembered I haven't made many American servants. He's not to be taken seriously but it's one of two I have planned out of the founding fathers.
    He's pretty good imo, but like Royd said you should probably lower his STR because the other two examples we have of Servants that use guns have an average or below average STR stat (so C in Nobunaga's case and D's in Billy's case). You could raise his AGI stat by a rank if you want though. Also yeah his first NP is a bit too strong for being based off on just easily being able to maneuver through battlefields. Ushi has a similar NP for moving through difficult terrains and it didn't particularly have any type of terrain modification, just makes it possible for her to move through any terrain like she did in legend - by jumping.

Third NP is good, but like Royd said you definitely need to lower the time it takes for him to get these boosts. Just make it in weeks (or days) and you should be fine.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servants have really grown since the last time I did this. What with CCC and Prototype, and now F/GO...they keep multiplying. Sort of like weeds. In any case, our knowledge of Servants has grown (more like, there are more samples available now), so I thought I'd give this a try again. But, since every "hero" and his mother has been statted by now, I thought I'd rather take a look at the Servants I've already done before trying my hand at something new.

So here it is, the very first Servant I made, with a whole new revision. I understand ancient Sumer a bit more than I did when I first did this silly thing.

Onee-san is here
    The room had gone silent following the familiar flashy spectacle of the Servant summoning. The procedure had succeeded, and a new spirit graced the halls of Chaldea. Nonetheless, the room was silent. Everybody was waiting for something; for someone to make the next move. Chaldea’s lone Master nervously fiddled with her bright hair while waiting for the new Servant’s introduction and earnestly hoping the black armor’s familiar design did not mean what she already knew it meant.

Chaldea’s Servants stood in a wide ring some distance away as witnesses to the arrival of a new comrade. They allowed the newcomer’s measuring gaze to wash over them, receiving the examination with a mixture of welcoming and wary expressions, for they too had noticed the armor’s design and the woman’s obvious features, and understood that a truly ancient hero had been summoned. Great Iskander had a knowing grin that brought his Pseudo-Servant retainer’s palm to rest on his face. Tamamo-no-Mae had a face that simply said “I give up”, for once relying on Kiyohime to support her resigned self. Madame Blavatsky thought herself challenged by the woman’s overbearing presence and responded with needlessly proud posturing that Nikola Tesla thought only emphasized how petite she was. Ozymandias just nodded to himself, satisfied that a new, worthy follower had joined his retinue.

When the woman’s steely gaze finally rested on the one Servant who had showed up merely on a whim rather than any measure of interest in the newcomer, and the glint of recognition shone in her deep crimson eyes, the echo of a whine washed over the room as the worst fears were confirmed. Yet they could not take their eyes off the wordless conversation between the two ancient heroes.

She raised a single eyebrow, the opposite corner of her lips twisting into a telling smirk.

He, already known for his prowess at expressing displeasure, made one of the most unpleasant faces anybody acquainted with him had ever seen on his admittedly handsome face.

The woman then turned her body to face the King of Heroes, utterly dismissing her new Master to greet the displeased man with respectful reverence.

“My King has not changed at all,” she said with a voice of steel matching her former expression. It was a divine voice, but she was not a goddess of loveliness but one of iron and gold.

A loud gasp filled the chamber at the woman’s temerity.

She spoke before Gilgamesh!

The new Servant simply straightened her posture, letting her face ease into a placid smile. The war goddess had become a gentle mother.

“That is good.”

Eh!? That’s good!?

All sorts of amazing retorts were flying in the sea of thoughts.

Gilgamesh let out a grunt. The woman somehow interpreted the sound and let her smile fade for a moment.

“By any chance, is he—?”

“He is not,” interrupted the Archer-class Servant, his voice as sharp as any of his countless blades. The newcomer’s face dropped a nigh-imperceptible degree.

“…a shame.”

Gilgamesh did not deign himself to reply to that. Apparently having had enough of the summoning chamber, he made towards the door.

“I was growing tired of having to pour my own wine,” he said without turning back. The woman clearly read further between the lines than anybody else in the room, for she released a choked chuckle before bowing respectfully to the King of Heroes’ departing back.

“Has my service ever being anything less than flawless, my King?”

A second snort.

“Do not test my patience, snake.”

The woman’s laughter was the thing tropes are made of. Were they perhaps in the presence of the original onee-san?

“Now, now, that would be boring.”

“Feh!”

Gilgamesh was gone, but the woman smiled at the automatic door for a few moments before turning her attention back to a very confused, but nonetheless smiling, Master.

“If his majesty, my King, has deemed your purpose worthy of his watchful presence, then I need no more proof of my summoning being true and necessary.”

She took the two loud, clanking steps needed to place her big hands on the girl’s shoulders. Her black armor, similar to her king’s but clearly heavier and bulkier, further enhanced the new Servant’s towering appearance, creating the image of a lovely white mouse trapped in the claws of a primordial dragon. But the newcomer’s dexterous finger only moved to smooth wrinkles and straighten locks of hair, much to everybody’s amazement.

“Much better. I expect one engaged in a grand ordeal to display an appearance worthy of her place, even more so one I am to call Master.”

Retracing her two steps back, the new Servant saluted Chaldea’s Master with a courteous bow. An eagle-headed staff of gold and lapis lazuli and meteoric iron appeared in her right hand. Its identity was unknown, but it was obviously a Noble Phantasm.

“Twenty-second Queen of Kish and Steward of Uruk, Enmebaragesi, summoned into the Caster class.”

It was the doctor, Rowan, who with a tremulous voice threw the unvoiced words in a number of minds into the physical world.

“You…you are his sister.”

“Ara…ufufu…” More of that perfectly clichéd (clichédely perfect?) laugh. “You should restrain yourself from calling me that when he is around, good sir.”

With that, Caster turned her attention to the roster of fascinated Servants, led by a tiny, tiny Mashu Kyrielight. Lacking her Master’s unnatural tolerance to the overbearing beings called Servants, Chaldea’s first soldier trembled like a twig before the huge, huge, woman in the huge, huge suit of armor.

“My King must have caused you all sorts of grievances,” she said in a plain, almost diplomatic voice. For the Servants there was no respectful bowing; it was merely the steward following protocol she was all too accustomed to, apparently. “I am grateful for your patience.”

The formalities dealt with, Enmebaragesi’s motherly smile returned to dispel the awkward and tense atmosphere. It did not work as well, but that was expected as her smile just did not mesh well with the rest of her appearance. But what her smile could not achieve, she did with her following words.

“I know how to deal with him, so you can leave him to my care from today onwards. Let us all get along from now on, yes?”

Chaldea’s walls trembled, as the newest arrival to its Servant roster was welcomed with thunderous ovation.

Base Stats

Source

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Source: Sumerian Civilization, The Epic of Gilgamesh
    Region: Kish, Uruk

Height & Weight: 203 cm – 92 kg
    Dislikes: People who don’t do their best
    Talent: Stewardship, Animal Training
    Natural Enemy: Gilgamesh, Enkidu
    Attribute: Sky

STR B
    END C
    AGI B
    MGI B
    LUK E
    Noble Phantasm B+

Legend
    We could ask ourselves why Gilgamesh is called “the first hero”. It may have to do with his Epic being the earliest surviving great work of literature. That might sound unfair to all those mighty figures that preceded him, their names having reached us thanks to stories recorded in written form long after their times. But those heroes thrived in a time when humanity existed at the whim and at the beck and call of ancient gods; phenomena made manifest to rule the lands. Some may even argue that the deeds of those “proto-heroes”, while impressive indeed, were nonetheless part of the divine script, as the gods dispensed their favor and just as quickly took it away. Every city-state seemingly had its own “divine champion”, and the conflict among these powerful figures led the unceasing conflict between city-states lusting for the gift of divinely-granted universal kingship. Gilgamesh rises above these “champions of the gods” for his open defiance of divinity, spearheading the rise of humankind and dealing the lethal blow to the Age of Gods. But the King of Heroes was the last in a line of figures that elevated humanity and eroded divine rule. Enmebaragesi was one of these great predecessors, a woman who played the most dangerous game.

There is a very clear mythology that builds the foundation of the figure, Enmebaragesi; it was transmitted through the generations and grounded into reality by the existence of inscriptions from her time bearing her name. As a ruler, she was an exemplar: having praised the supreme god Enlil and raised a temple in his name, she was anointed with the blessing of kingship. As the chosen of the war god and patron of Kish, she was the avatar of victory, subjugating the other city-states and claiming their treasures. Among the “divine champions” of her time, she was the first and foremost, at least until the fickle gods took their favor and gave it to the rulers of Uruk. Before Gilgamesh, she stood as the pinnacle of warrior kings and rulers of ancient Sumer.

When Enmebaragesi was defeated by Gilgamesh’s predecessor, she was not put to the axe as would have been expected. Uruk replaced Kish as the center of ancient Sumer, but the former capital was not destroyed. The defeated king’s son, Akka, was allowed to inherit the throne. Enmebaragesi was taken in to the palace and made “Gilgamesh’s sister”. This was in no way meant to be an honor or a privilege. It was the ultimate leash; the title of servitude; the foremost acknowledgement that her everything belonged to the king and was the king’s to do as he pleased.

But a woman like Enmebaragesi, in a place like the Golden Capital, could only thrive.

Character
    She worked hard to please the gods, all for the sake of her kingdom, her people—her children. Pleased gods were gods that did not harm humanity and allowed it to flourish, therefore Enmebaragesi threw away her pride so that those who looked up to her could thrive. She flawlessly fulfilled her duties as the gods’ lapdog all the while building up her city’s might and gathering riches for Sumer. And when Gilgamesh defeated her son and claimed her city’s treasury, she gladly gave it all away, for she had always meant to give it to the one who could challenge the gods. The treasury of Kish was never meant for herself or her successors; it was her gift to humankind and an offering to the bright future she would not live to see.

It would be ludicrous to think Gilgamesh spared Enmebaragesi’s reckless son out of some sense of gratitude or affection towards his “sister”, just like Enmebaragesi herself was not spared out of things like “warrior’s respect” or “mercy towards a woman”. Enmebaragesi simply could not be killed. This is not to say she had some sort of ridiculous indestructibility power. Rather, it’s something closer to the financial system of modern times, in which some institutions are simply “too big to fall (fail)”. Gilgamesh, who values all people and things for their performance and history, understood that she was too useful to be discarded; doing such a thing would make him no different from the gods. Therefore, Akka kept his position as ruler of Kish as a vassal, and Enmebaragesi lived the rest of her days in Uruk serving as the city-state’s steward. While the ever-distant king gave out laws and quietly watched over his garden, his “sister” got her hands dirty and made things work. There was no love between the king and his sister, but she was a dutiful and flawless servant and he was the proper ruler of mankind, so things worked out just fine.

She was too aware Gilgamesh kept her in his palace to, above all things, rub her failings as a ruler on her face on a daily basis. Unfortunately for him, she was wise enough to see Gilgamesh’s conception as both human and divine meant he was lacking both as god and as human. She still laments it took Enkidu’s demise for her to realize what the man of clay had known from the very day he first met the young and brave king. So, when Gilgamesh turned his back on his realm and his people in his mourning, she let him go with a pat on his back and a prayer in her heart. And when he returned a complete human being, it was her smiling face that welcomed him, aware as she was of the results of his ill-fated quest.

“Ah, but, my King; please do not hold any hatred for the snake, for it does merely what it has to do.”

Many weapons rained down on the palace that day.

Tactics
    Enmebaragesi carries an unreasonable loathing of herself, for not being Gilgamesh. This is meant in the sense of “I could not do the things he could do”. At the same time, she acknowledges “only he could have done the things he did” and thus he deserves the title of “King of Heroes”. Understanding herself as a simple human without the unique perspective that allows Gilgamesh to love and hate humans like he does, she knows she could have never become the ideal ruler mankind needed at the dusk of the Age of Gods.

The Caster container does not seem to fit a warrior queen that exerts her supremacy as the pinnacle of humans wielding seven wondrous weapons. However, it appears she quite likes it, in a self-deprecating manner: “I was not a great ruler, nor are any of my swords particularly great, so making me a Saber would be far more than I deserve.” This is Enmebaragesi the Stateswoman and Steward, nurturing mother of civilization and watchful protector of kings. But she is also the High Priestess and builder of temples. Thus, in this aspect she is closer to the war god Ninurta in its aspect as Inšušinak and to city god Zababa in its aspect as Ninshubur.

Enmebaragesi in her aspect as King of Kish and champion of the war gods could be summoned as Archer (gaining an entire new skillset and Noble Phantasms) and Rider (as Archer, except for the divine chariot Noble Phantasm,
    Gigir Zagina
    Lapis Standard of the Supreme War God
    . Regardless of her class, she is a complete warrior, proficient with all weapons, wielding ancient magic and possessing a superior grasp of tactics. A Master who summons Enmebaragesi has already won half the war.

A weakness? She has no such thing. The closest would perhaps be the fact that she is too strong; annoying strong. So strong it’s not fair. Any Servant that catches a glimpse of her will immediately abandon all thoughts of holding back. She is the Servant to defeat. Alliances will be made and Command Spells will be invoked, solely to defeat her. A Master who summons Enmebaragesi is playing on Lunatic Mode from day one.

Of course, if Gilgamesh is also summoned then all hope is lost. That spiteful goldie won’t hold back at all. You awesome Barage-onee-san will become cosmic dust, so cherish her with all your might for what little time you have together, would ya?

Skills

CLASS SKILLS
    Item Construction – C+
    Enmebaragesi is thoroughly specialized in the creation of items to interact and interfere with spirits. She cannot create anything else.
    At a time in which there was not yet a distinct priestly caste separated from the ruling figure, Enmebaragesi would have been both lord (en) and High Priestess (me[išib]), thus embodying both aspects of the “sovereignty contract” granted by the gods. How she handled the regular “sacred marriage” ceremonies is better left to the reader’s imagination.

Territory Creation – A+
    Creation of a “Ziggurat”, which is superior to a “Temple”, becomes possible. Her Noble Phantasm, Ekurguga, is effectively a wide territory established almost instantaneously.

PERSONAL SKILLS
    Affections of the Goddess – D+

The affections of Inanna. Even if she has lost the investiture of kingship and the favor of the rest of the pantheon, Inanna’s fickle and arbitrary love transcends status and loyalties, time and space. At this rank it only prevents further weakening of Caster’s Noble Phantasms, as well as ensuring at least basic competence at melee combat regardless of Servant class or mental interference.

Serpent of Alaya – A+
    A conceptual evolution of Battle Continuation, representing the ability to perform one’s duty and purpose to mankind no matter the circumstances. The unparalleled wisdom that never fails to find the path to achieve one’s purpose. Similar to Revelation in that it applies outside battles, but different in that it is an innate talent nourished by hope, discipline and experience, rather than an external fountain of wisdom. Plus-correction to all parameters except Magic when defending a territory recognized as “home”.

At this rank, it also ensures that the effects of her Noble Phantasm, Ekurguga, persist even after she is destroyed—immortality through ones’ deeds. Enmebaragesi has a powerful connection with snakes, and it will come out again further down these pages.

Steward of the Golden Capital – EX
    A supreme talent comprising all skills necessary to be the vizier of the King of Heroes. Includes elements of Animal Dialogue, Charisma, diplomacy, Disengage, domestic management, economics, herbology, household chores, Human Observation, mixology, musical talent, and Protection from Arrows, among other things.

Rank-up to all parameters when defending one humanity has acknowledged as “King”.
    “I can’t stand her guts, but my mother and my friend both liked her, and the more treasures I threw at her the better she got at dodging them. What an insufferable woman.”

Noble Phantasms
    Mitumguda Inšušinaka
    Seven Fangs of the Lapis Serpent

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-10
    Maximum Targets: 1 person
    Seven great weapons Enmebaragesi claimed as loot after the subjugation of Elam. Conquest was followed by cultural, and consequently religious assimilation, as the new ruler’s authority was established by the conquered pantheon’s absorption into the conqueror’s. It was like this that the city god of Kish, Zababa, came to be associated with Inšušinak, Elam’s God of Justice. The Elamite weapons then became Enmebaragesi’s offering to Zababa, which the god reciprocated with its blessing. These would be later known as the “Seven Well-Crafted Weapons of Zababa”: two swords, two maces, a bow, a staff and an axe. The Dancing Weapons of Inšušinak.

Caster uses magecraft to manipulate the weapons remotely, and wields them with masterful skill. As a Caster-class Servant, however, she can only use the eagle-headed staff at its full power, and it is the one weapon than she usually holds in her hands. One of Inšušinak’s symbols was the snake, which was alongside Zababa’s eagle a symbol of rejuvenation and immortality. This is reflected in Enmebaragesi’s skill “Serpent of Alaya.” The Elamite deity was also known as the Protector of Kings, which is reflected in Enmebaragesi’s “Steward of the Golden Capital” skill. However, the eagle-headed staff represents yet another aspect of Inšušinak: The One Who Weighs Souls. It represents both the culling of the weak and the exaltation of the great.

Upon invocation and declaration of a target, the Noble Phantasm inflicts a potent spiritual transmutation upon it. Magic Resistance does not seem to apply—this might have to do with its potency as Age-of-Gods magecraft, its innate divine source, or simply that it involves no intrusion of foreign prana into the target, but a spell effect that reaches the soul directly. On the other hand, resistance to poisons seems to work against it, likely because of the snake connection. Those who resist it gain rank-up to Strength and Endurance for 40 turns. Those who cannot overcome the spell take continuous damage for the same amount of turns, as the perturbation of the untouchable soul is reflected upon the body, whether it is physical or spiritual. Servants with average parameters at C-rank or higher will always resist the spell—it was never meant as an anti-Servant technique in the first place. However, it is particularly powerful against those categorized as “demons”, regardless of their origin. Dispelling the spiritual poison is also possible, but naturally the target will not get the benefit of resisting it, merely relief.

She can also use this Noble Phantasm to summon Phantasmal Species of the serpent-kind from the Age of Gods, Mušmaḫḫū. However, as a lover of serpents she would rather not send them to battle. In her time, she would conjure them for Enkidu and the children of Uruk to play with them. It made for quite the unsettling image.

Ekurguga
    Apotropaic Anthropic Sanctuary

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-100
    Maximum Targets: 1000 people
    The fortress phantasm designed and unleashed for the protection of mankind. Walls that enclose the fledging civilization and keep the pristine and anarchic world away. While the name is a reference and a mockery of Enmebaragesi’s temple to Enlil in Nippur, the design is clearly inspired by the mighty walls of Uruk, which she was able to enter only as a captive, and then devoted the rest of her life to protect. This Noble Phantasm is the culmination and maximization of Enmebaragesi’s legend as the human reflection of Ninshubur and Inšušinak. However, this "Sealed Mountain Temple" is merely a shade of the original she wielded in life:
    Ekurmah
    Throne of the Illusionary Heaven

This Noble Phantasm can only be used to protect humans; in other words, it cannot be used if there are not humans in need of protection. Enmebaragesi deploys the six weapons of her Mitumguda Inšušinaka other than her staff, using them to define the perimeter of her Noble Phantasm’s area of effect. Once the six weapons are set in place, the bounded field is deployed with the invocation of the Phantasm’s name. The territory becomes Enmebaragesi’s home for the purpose of the skill “Serpent of Alaya”. Spirits of all kinds are severely weakened within the bounded field, except for those acknowledged by Enmebaragesi and the human(s) protected by the bounded field as “allies of mankind”. Such non-human allies of humankind gain the benefit of “Serpent of Alaya” as well. Demons can be spared from the debilitating effect, but they never receive the beneficial effect.

However, the most important effect of the bounded field is gifting the humans it protects with the power to defend themselves: humankind rises above the divine yoke to forge its own wicked path on the world. Chosen humans within the bounded field become existences similar to Heroic Spirits, with all their parameters at the lowest rank and the single skill “Serpent of Alaya”. Enmebaragesi can increase their rank in a single parameter to match hers by willingly diminishing her own parameter all the way down to E-rank. Whatever weapons these ascended humans wield, while not Noble Phantasms, gain the ability to inflict harm on spiritual bodies.

The bounded field’s duration is only limited by Caster’s magical capacity. The whole process, from invocation of the true name to complete deployment, lasts about a minute, and Enmebaragesi can sustain the bounded field with her own magical energy for another minute or two at most. Needless to say, she will take advantage of local leylines or alternate sources of mana to use this Noble Phantasm to its fullest. If she is destroyed while the bounded field is deployed, the spell is imprinted upon the land and its own self-sustaining and self-activating thaumaturgical body, for as long as the land can provide it with mana and there are humans within the field in need of its protection.

Keywords (Craft Essences?)

Divine Kingship
    “Umu? Divinity, you ask?
    No, no, this humble vizier is pure, undiluted, 100-percent human.
    Then again, to the eyes of my people, I was probably something like a goddess.
    You see, the real gods did not show themselves to the populace.
    As both King and High Priestess, I was the intermediary between the gods and the people of Kish. So, to the common laborer, there was no real difference between his ruler and his gods.
    On the other hand, if the gods took their favor away, it was easy to put all the blame on the ruler.
    It was a convenient system, if I think back on it. No wonder it worked for so long.”

As ruler of Kish, Enmebaragesi was the champion and reflection of Zababa. Zababa, a war god, assimilated the portfolios of the gods of the lands its champion subjugated. At the same time, Zababa itself was an aspect of the foremost war god of ancient Sumer, Ninurta.
    As the city-god of Kish, Zababa was partnered with Inanna, herself a major goddess ruling over warfare. Consequently, despite being the city-god, it fell to the secondary role of consort and guardian. This led to the inevitable association of the male Zababa with the female Ninshubur: Inanna’s vizier and guard, messenger of the gods and legendary slayer of demons.
    When Dumuzid defeated her and took her to Uruk to serve in the palace, the divine investiture of worldly sovereignty was taken to Uruk along with her, just like Ninshubur delivered Dumuzid to Inanna to consummate their holy union. In other words, Enmebaragesi finally became equal to a goddess the very same moment she ceased to be their instrument.

Edubba
    Treasury of the Warrior Queen

“I had a treasury too, you know.
    It was a vast and wondrous thing, filled with the riches and the treasures of many lands.
    Needless to say, he took them all. They are all there, still with him.
    You might have seen them flying around from time to time.
    Do I mind? No, not anymore. Not for a long time.
    Because I knew when I first met him, that young and charming lad.
    What he was capable of. What he would accomplish. My impossible dream, he would make it his truth.
    I failed to understand what he had to become to get there, but that was to be expected.
    Otherwise I would be the King of Heroes.
    But I am lacking, and he is true. So, his taking my treasury was right and proper.
    Let him have the treasures of Kish, just like he had already claimed me.
    For there is only worth in money that is flowing,
    And there is only worth in a tool that is used.”

Akar Kiengira
    Sovereign Armor of the King of the Four Quarters

“My armor? Yes, it is beautiful and I cherish it greatly.
    It is the armor of the king. To be precise, every divine-appointed king gets his own version.
    Every design is different; I guess according to the king’s desires and the crafters’ abilities.
    The black color and the snake motifs are my personal touches.

Hmm? You want to know whether I sent the snake?
    Do not be silly, Master. I had no need to do such a thing. The snake already knew what it had to do. Common animals cannot defy the gods, after all.
    My purpose is and will always be to support humans. My King has no need of guidance, especially not from the likes of this one.

Eh? My facets as reflections of Ninshubur and Inšušinak imply I exist as a guide for the king of Uruk? And through both I have a connection to snakes? Well, yes, I am capable of speaking with them, but…

…yes, through my facet as Ninurta I have the universal knowledge of herbs. Certainly, I could have told him what he learned from the boatman…

…are you trying to imply that, through Zababa’s star and through my connection to both Shamash and Inanna I am a representation of karmic justice brought into oneself by one’s own mistake? My, you have studied my legend so attentively! You are making me blush, Master, ufufufu…

Well, I have no answer to your questions—at least not the answers you were hoping for. In exchange, your big sister will let you in on a little secret.

You are aware that my King is two-thirds divine, right? Well, in my time the number 60 represented the totality, so two-thirds would be represented as 40/60. Forty happens to be Lord Ninurta’s sacred number, and by extension my own.

That means that a serious Barage-onee-san is a match for the King of Heroes! So next time he causes you trouble, just leave it to—

…he is right behind me, is he not? I can feel the glitter—run, Master, run! I’ll hold him off as long as I—gurk.”
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; December 30th, 2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Added source of faceclaim.

This rendition feels more complete than the original Gil-rival-turned-administrator. The focus on her Protector aspect also allows for more thematically appropriate NPs and ties to her more involved background better, with the warrior-king facet implicit. Her revamped NP reminds me of the imouto's temple, but then again who wouldn't have one at the time. And the GO-enabled pandering...

Welp, I'd roll for her.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Did somebody say 'otome game character'?
    Shouldn't it be "A noble merchant, he studied under a great Spanish rapier master the fencing style of Destreza"? Because Destreza was a style, not a person.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; October 4th, 2016 at 11:34 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's a pretty in-depth Servant profile, I like it. Though my knowledge on Sumerian myth is almost non-existent, I did find the ones I've read about every now and there to be p. cool HS material for Fate and she is now one of them. I'd roll too. Oneesans are superior to imoutos.

Blog Entries
    Emabaragesi was pretty great. Loads of detail and you can really see her character reflecting through all her Skills and NPs. Plus she just sounds downright cute.

10/10 Daneel Rush. I can see why you're called the 'King of Servant sheets'...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and by the way Hermes, there's another noticeable typo in Washington's sheet that I forgot to mention the first time. In his third NP, it says he was 'reviled' as a mighty warrior when revered is clearly what you intended to write.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    The FC was America from Hetalia, Wash was the only one appropriate.
    I'm aware. Though, it would be nice to provide a link to the actual artist, rather than,

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Enmebaragesi seems pretty dang awesome, nice job.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I made those tweaks to Washington

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Gerard: Nice to see a Renaissance fencing master. What sort of Magecraft does Academy of the Sword perform? I don't know if I missed something, but it doesn't seem like it was specified. Is it Reinforcement? Elemental Magic? Pseudo-Runes? I wonder how he'd get along with my Fiore?

Enmebaragesi: I don't know why, but I always like it when I see one of the Sumerian kings. I was thinking of doing either Lugalbanda, Alulim, or Lugal-zage-si for my next Servant. I'm not clear why her skill Serpent of Alaya is named that, but a skill that allows her NP to persist is pretty powerful. Steward of the Golden Capital is just off the charts broken, but considering her identity, I won't contest it. One thing nIoticed is that her relationship to Gilgamesh was kind overemphasize IMO;; what would she think of Dumuzid, the man who actually defeated her in war and who was the previous king of Uruk before Gilgamesh?

Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Gerard: Nice to see a Renaissance fencing master. What sort of Magecraft does Academy of the Sword perform? I don't know if I missed something, but it doesn't seem like it was specified. Is it Reinforcement? Elemental Magic? Pseudo-Runes? I wonder how he'd get along with my Fiore?
    I had in my head a fanfic snippet like I've done a few times before where he fights a couple Wendigos and uses reinforcement, transmutation and time-slowing, but it's not in a coherent form right now. Nothing overtly flashy or visible, just enhancement and support.

Fiore sounds like a guy who would love to meet and/or fight with Gerard, and out of respect for a fellow master Gerard would probably not use any magic and just stick to his mundane abilities (which are not inconsiderable).