Page 654 of 858 FirstFirst ... 154554604644649652653654655656659664704754 ... LastLast
Results 13,061 to 13,080 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Uralmash: Wow, what an incredibly awesome Churchill sheet. I'm surprised that you made him a bit of a villain, but it makes sense that the situation he's in would exaggerate his warmongering traits. Modern Warfare Mastery strikes me as a bit overly specialized though. I get what you were going for, but just regular Military Tactics (perhaps with a + modifier when using modern weaponry and tactics) would be enough IMO. Not every Servant needs like five original Skills to show how super cool and special they are. Also, you seem to have accidentally copied some of Genghis Khan's sheet into the commentary section, like the references to his whip and divine core. Might want to fix that.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Winston Churchill: "I may be drunk miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." This is a pretty good sheet, but I don't really have much to say that Royd already hasn't said.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; September 7th, 2018 at 03:56 PM.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Spoiler:

Mordred Alter. Less "notice me chichiue" and more kill Arthur. Basically what Morgan wanted her to be.

Spoiler:

Elizabeth Báthory Alter. Instead of trying to redeem herself by focusing in her idol career, she has become a beast of regret that hates herself for killing but keeps doing it because she doesn't know any better.

Spoiler:

A classical. The dark Marie from her interlude that hates everyone for killing her and can't stand her non-Alter self for being all smiles.

Spoiler:

And last, my personal favorite: Kiyohime Alter. Basically, she was sealed by the people of the Dojo-ji temple after she killed Anchin but managed to become an OP edgy dragon by forcing herself to hate Anchin because she thought he was still alive but didn't want to save her because he was a liar that played with her feelings
    These are some really good ideas. I'll see what I can do.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    White Owl Jaguar: The sheet itself is good, but I don't know... For someone that would have tons of Mystery, she could be stronger than what she is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    These are some really good ideas. I'll see what I can do.
    Cool. By the way, do you have any opinion about Lovelace?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    White Owl Jaguar: The sheet itself is good, but I don't know... For someone that would have tons of Mystery, she could be stronger than what she is.
    I subscribe to the idea that Servants gain/lose strength depending on their fame even outside fame bonuses. I felt that as someone who, in the modern day at least, is barely known by anyone, White Owl Jaguar would be running on fumes for the most part. Even with the power level as is, I felt I was stretching her power a little... Still, it's just my personal opinion on the subject.

Blog Entries
    Ada Lovelace: First off, for some reason, the image showing her combat armor is not showing up on my computer. It shows on my mobile phone browser, but not the computer. Same thing with the Mordred Alter, Elizabeth Alter, and Marie Alter pictures.

But that aside, she's just so adorable, especially that admiration of Babbage. The Skills are good choices, and the Noble Phantasms are quite creative. Overall, you did a good job at creating something that could easily be seen as Babbage's kouhai.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    I subscribe to the idea that Servants gain/lose strength depending on their fame even outside fame bonuses. I felt that as someone who, in the modern day at least, is barely known by anyone, White Owl Jaguar would be running on fumes for the most part. Even with the power level as is, I felt I was stretching her power a little... Still, it's just my personal opinion on the subject.
    I guess you can jusrify it by saying that her lack of fame would counter her great Mystery, although I feel it could perfectly be the opposite.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I guess you can jusrify it by saying that her lack of fame would counter her great Mystery, although I feel it could perfectly be the opposite.
    True, given that Mystery's power stems from people not knowing about it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ada Lovelace: First off, for some reason, the image showing her combat armor is not showing up on my computer. It shows on my mobile phone browser, but not the computer. Same thing with the Mordred Alter, Elizabeth Alter, and Marie Alter pictures.
    Hm, I don't know why that thing with the FC happens, but it's happened to me with other sheets too.

But that aside, she's just so adorable, especially that admiration of Babbage. The Skills are good choices, and the Noble Phantasms are quite creative. Overall, you did a good job at creating something that could easily be seen as Babbage's kouhai.
    Glad you liked her. Honestly, I wasn't too sure about whether the explanation for the NPs should be longer or not. The idea for the mechanical armor only came out after finding the pic, and I considered it'd be a good addition to make her more combat-oriented. I must also say that I planned making her not as Babbage's kouhai (although that's how I always viewed her), but as a highly compatible Servant for my last mage (shameless self-promotion)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Actually, question on the subject of Lovelace's second NP. Since she can simulate voices with enough effort, would it be possible for her to use Divine Words were she to hear them spoken? I mean, it's just said that modern humans aren't capable of speaking Divine Words, but Lovelace wouldn't exactly be speaking, would she?
    Also, since Lovelace was taught math from an early age so as to counteract her Byron blood (and the penchant for poetry that carries, I suppose), might she have a weakness to poetry? Kinda like the thing with Medb and cheese.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah, I hadn't thought about Divine Words. I have to add that. As for the weakness to poetry, I don't think that's really necessary. It's not as if she was killed by poetry or something like that, like Medb with the cheese.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I merely thought such a weakness might be amusing.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I merely thought such a weakness might be amusing.
    It'd also be funny to see her going at full-power and integrating tons of new weapons to her armor to engage... Shakespeare.

I've added a mention towards the Divine Words, and also about replicating other sound NPs (not sure if it was really necessary to add something about Unified Language too, since it's not described as a language spoken with the mouth, but added it anyways, just in case)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Caster of Eloquence
    Faceclaim

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: N/A
    True Name: Johan Ludvig Runeberg
    Alignment: Neutral Good -> Chaotic Good
    Origin: Finland (19th century)
    Armament: N/A

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MANA: D
    LUCK: C
    NP: D

Skills
    Class Skills:

Territory Creation - Rank D: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    At rank D, Caster is capable of creating a Study. Instead of using it in the ways Casters normally do, his study functions as a meeting place for discussion.

Item Construction - Rank D: A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.
    With Item Construction, the inspiration others can derive from reading his poetry has been transformed into a legitimate magical effect. He has also gained the ability to bake supernaturally sweet confectionary.

Personal Skills:

Lauantaiseura - Innovation - Rank C+: The version of Innovation possessed by Caster. On a conceptual level, it represents the ability to inspire and create a national identity. The effects of this Skill are further enhanced when it is used in the confines set up by Caster’s Territory Creation.
    With Launtaiseura - Innovation, Caster is capable of building up a person’s character through rhetoric, discussion and poetry. With this, Caster can impart abilities and traits onto a willing target, and can even enhance their existing capabilities to some extent. Launtaiseura - Innovation is vastly more effective on targets who share Caster’s “roots” - in other words, those who come from originate from the same area or a similar background as he does.

Eloquence - Rank B: The skill of being artistic and persuasive with one’s words. Simply through speech, it is possible to convince anyone of almost anything.
    For Caster, who was nominated as a professor of eloquence and who’s name became a byword for it, this Skill grants him the bonus effect of lifting the hearts of those he speaks to. Using Eloquence, Caster can also grant plus modifier to the activities of his allies. Ironically, Caster was not a particularly eloquent speaker during his life, but the connotations his name gained later have made his speech an equal to his poetry.

Natural Inspiration - Rank A: A Skill born from Caster’s worldview. With personal views bordering on pantheism and a deep fascination towards the Classical period, this Skill might also be considered a romance towards the Age of the Gods.
    Thanks to Natural Inspiration, Caster is endowed with a very unorthodox style of Magecraft. Though he does not possess a single Magic Circuit in his body, he can move the very world around him with his poetry. Though functioning on the same principle as the Divine Words belonging to the Age of the Gods, Caster’s Magecraft is far lesser in strength, as it uses the level of magical energy of his own era as a baseline.

Noble Phantasms

My Sweet Homeland
    Maamme

Anti-Army, Rank D+
    Caster’s Noble Phantasm, and the culmination of the dream that he did not live to see the fruition of. Though it borders a Reality Marble in nature, Caster himself would never have the power nor the prowess to create such a thing. Instead, it could be considered the Reality Marble of the people of Finland. As the man credited for forging the national image of a Finn, Caster is naturally given access to it.
    Maamme creates an idyllic forest around Caster once it is activated, the air abuzz with birdsong that seems to form a spontaneous, charming melody. Those Caster has chosen as his allies find themselves inspired, and their parameters receive a rank-up for as long. Caster himself receives a significant boost to his mobility while in the forest, and has a measure of control over the natural world inside the Reality Marble.
    As a side note, were Caster to discover that it is possible to manifest a Reality Marble as a separate entity, he would grasp the chance immediately. In this case, Maamme would manifest as a giant of moss and plants with some animal features, a combined incarnation of the nature of Caster’s homeland, to be used as a powerful guardian and an impromptu mount as necessary.

Description
    Dislikes: Violence, sickness
    Talents: Inspiring others, poetry
    Natural Enemy: N/A

Caster’s true identity is Johan Ludvig Runeberg, the National Poet of Finland.

Despite his somewhat stern appearance, Runeberg is cheery, peaceful man. His cheerfulness is only increased by the fact that his manifestation as a Servant has returned his ability to walk, which he had lost in his later years. As Runeberg’s mentality is that of one who has lived one’s life to the end, the shock of this recovery, alongside the release he feels from Finland having gained independence, has gone so far as to change his alignment from Neutral Good to Chaotic Good.
    As Runeberg is not warlike in the least, he would be quite disinterested in a Holy Grail War, and instead would likely spend his time going hunting or pursuing beautiful women. As fighting in a Holy Grail War is what he was summoned to do, he does feel an obligation to his Master, but Runeberg would certainly attempt to negotiate some free time for himself. For him, it would be ideal if he could grow his Master into a person capable of winning the Holy Grail War by themselves, without any overt assistance from Runeberg. For this reason, he is extremely open to allying with other Masters and Servants, and tries to arrange things so that every party might be able to reach their goal. Though this desire is naive and optimistic, it is sincere.
    Though those who have lived a life of violence are anathema to Runeberg, he does understand a person’s wish to fight for their country or their people. He does not condemn such a motivation, and even carries great respect for soldiers. Amongst the Heroic Spirits, Runeberg is greatly fond of two categories: those hailing from Ancient Greece, and beautiful women. He would be curious of the prior category in particular, bombarding them with questions of their era as well as how well their legends match up to the myths told of them. He would be particularly interested in Medea, as detailing the different accounts of her legend got him the job of professor. Any attempts at questioning her on her legend might end badly for Runeberg, however.
    Runeberg is thankful to his Master for summoning someone as weak as him, thus allowing him to roam the world once more. As noted, Runeberg would like to indulge himself in the comings and goings of the modern world, but feels that his duty as a Servant must occupy a station of equal importance. Runeberg would hope for a Master with a free, righteous heart, but in the absence of such a person, he would most likely try and turn a wicked person onto the side of good.
    Runeberg’s wish to the Holy Grail would be to see roam the forests of his homeland once more. He is a bit ashamed that he doesn’t wish for something more grandiose, but doesn’t feel that anything more is needed. An infinite supply of pastries would be good second on the wish front, though.

Lore
    Runeberg was a significant poet in Finland’s history, and is regarded as having crafted the image of a Finn with his works, paving the way for the nation’s independence.
    Born sickly, Runeberg inherited a manly and cheerful character from his father and a sensitivity and gift for art from his mother. When he enrolled into university, he joined a local club called Lauantaiseura, wherein he befriended many of Finland’s future great poets, among them Elias Lönnrot, J.V. Snellman and Zacharias Topelius. After graduating, Runeberg worked as a teacher, later moving to Porvoo and working there as the professor of eloquence, Greek literature and other things. From then on, he also found time to write poetry and to write lyrics for songs, among them the Finnish national anthem.
    Throughout his life, Runeberg was an avid outdoorsman and hunter. His hobby ended when he suffered a stroke while hunting, and was bedridden for the last decade or so of his life. Runeberg was celebrated as a great man even during his life, and his birthday is celebrated annually.
    As a side note, he was personal friends with the Edelfelt family of Magi, and though he never personally pursued Magecraft, he eventually grew aware of its existence. In his last years, his friends would seek to ease his melancholy with illusions of the forests he loved so dearly.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Uralmash: Wow, what an incredibly awesome Churchill sheet. I'm surprised that you made him a bit of a villain, but it makes sense that the situation he's in would exaggerate his warmongering traits. Modern Warfare Mastery strikes me as a bit overly specialized though. I get what you were going for, but just regular Military Tactics (perhaps with a + modifier when using modern weaponry and tactics) would be enough IMO. Not every Servant needs like five original Skills to show how super cool and special they are. Also, you seem to have accidentally copied some of Genghis Khan's sheet into the commentary section, like the references to his whip and divine core. Might want to fix that.
    Whoops, fixed that. Teaches me to post when I'm tired from work.

Churchill may come across as heroic in his endeavors but he was very much a "do anything to get my way" person, so he certainly had a side to him which begged to take the course of "necessary evils". His true alignment would probably be something like True Neutral or even Chaotic Neutral. The reason he has four personal skills is mostly because it also kinda covers Churchill's "proper" version as well. Big Three isn't a skill that is active for this form, but I felt it was adequate to mention anyway. Otherwise, the incarnation technically only has the other three skills. I was debating making it a high rank of Tactics (especially after Shiki-pon's notion of more modern spirits maybe having the capability for higher ranking tactics), though I made a distinction in this case because it didn't just cover armies on the ground; Churchill's expertise spread across the aerial and naval forces as well. Naval supremacy is covered in Voyager of the Storm and related skills, and I don't think there even is one for commanding aerial forces since those are typically a modern era concept. Still, one could argue that an A Rank of Military Tactics or higher would cover such concepts too.

Thanks for the comments though, maybe it turned out better than I thought it did... well, onto the next.

PS: I lied about not doing anymore Malgenesis stuff; I'm gonna complete the "Steel Theater Trilogy" and write up Demon Serpent King Zahhak for my next sheet.

"The Tsar lives... forever."

Blog Entries
    Runeburg: Cool sheet for a dude I've never heard of before (and it's nice to see a Finnish hero for once who isn't Simo Hayha).

Though, what's with the stuff about manifesting a Reality Marble as a separate entity? I'd be fine if you kept it as a unique feature of Runeburg's own RM, but you seemed to imply it's something any RM user can theoretically do, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case. I doubt EMIYA could manifest Unlimited Blade Works as a giant sword-golem, as awesome as that would look.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Uralmash: If you're doing Zahhak, could you give him something (say, a Noble Phantasm) based on the Zoroastrian Azi Dahaka, which the more human Zahhak (which I'm assuming you're going for) is somewhat based on? There's been a few Zahhak sheets as far as I know, but as I recall they don't include mention of a three-headed monster that bleeds snakes, spiders and insects. Which is a shame, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Runeberg: Cool sheet for a dude I've never heard of before (and it's nice to see a Finnish hero for once who isn't Simo Hayha).

Though, what's with the stuff about manifesting a Reality Marble as a separate entity? I'd be fine if you kept it as a unique feature of Runeburg's own RM, but you seemed to imply it's something any RM user can theoretically do, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case. I doubt EMIYA could manifest Unlimited Blade Works as a giant sword-golem, as awesome as that would look.
    As I recall, that's the justification for Summer Nobu's stand thingy (I have a tendency to take gag Servants as offerings of interesting lore tidbits, besides the fanservice and humor). I seem to recall people theorizing about the ability to manifest Reality Marbles in that form.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; September 8th, 2018 at 03:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    @Uralmash: If you're doing Zahhak, could you give him something (say, a Noble Phantasm) based on the Zoroastrian Azi Dahaka, which the more human Zahhak (which I'm assuming you're going for) is somewhat based on? There's been a few Zahhak sheets as far as I know, but as I recall they don't include mention of a three-headed monster that bleeds snakes, spiders and insects. Which is a shame, all things considered.
    I definitely remember a Zahhak sheet from a while back (Update: here it is) with an NP that transforms him into Azi Dahaka. Though the rest of the sheet was honestly not that great, so I'm sure Uralmash can do better.

- - - Updated - - -

As I recall, that's the justification for Summer Nobu's stand thingy (I have a tendency to take gag Servants as offerings of interesting lore tidbits, besides the fanservice and humor). I seem to recall people theorizing about the ability to manifest Reality Marbles in that form.
    Ah, that makes sense. It would be cool to see what form other people's RMs would take as a separate entity though. I imagine EMIYA's would look like a giant mechanical knight (representing his desire to be a hero of justice), with rusted armor that on closer inspection is actually made from thousands upon thousands of swords. Shirou's would look similar, except the armor would be pristine and shining instead of rusted.

I wonder if Azhi Dahaka or Tiamat are technically the first dragon according to Nasu logic. Probably Tiamat but it'd still be neat.
    Also, a possible faceclaim for Churchill that I stumbled across (though hopefully with more clothes)
    Spoiler:

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    As if Cu wasn't enough of a doggo