Page 707 of 858 FirstFirst ... 207607657697702705706707708709712717757807 ... LastLast
Results 14,121 to 14,140 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Might as well contribute...

WIPs so far:

Rider Xiang Yu: Might have to alter the lore with the recent reveal, but guy was essentially Liu Bang's rival in the Han-Chu Contention. Personally peeved with Fatass Han Xin design...

Caster Zhang Liang: Chief Strategist who aided Liu Bang, guiding him onto the path to become Emperor.

Lancer Alexander Suvorov: Generalissimo of the Russian Empire, famed for never losing a battle. Very fascinated with the bayonets.

Archer "Robin Hood": Juggling whether they are the origin figure, but with theories regarding Robin of Loxley I might reconsider. May or may not have something to do with Puck.

Saber Sigrun: Leader of the Valkyries (Second to Odin), who reincarnated three times to be with her lover Helgi (all three versions.) Could Nasu it up given LB2's info on valkyries made from remnants of the White Titan.
    Last edited by SleepMode; November 28th, 2018 at 02:17 PM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    If we are mentioning Sheets, I have a few WIP (that both need finishing and re-editing from SB as I wasn't happy with them.)

These are:

Dorothy Gale (Assassin): Famous hero from the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Edgar Allan Poe (Caster):
    Gothic writer (also a loli, because why not?)

Galileo Galilei (Archer):
    Famous astronomer who challenged the theory that the world was in one place and didn't move.

Miss Marple (Assassin):
    Agatha Christie detective.

Mabon (Rider):
    Arthurian knight who may be a god, and helped catch the boar for Culhwch with his dog, Drudwyn.

Nursery Rhyme (Assassin):
    Miss Muffet style.

Oscar Diggs (Caster):
    Wizard of Oz.

Evil Queen (Assassin):
    Snow White's step-mom (but really, her real one.)

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams;2929581[B
    Edgar Allan Poe (Caster): [/B]Gothic writer (also a loli, because why not?)
    I never thought I'd say this, but I don't really want to see this genderbend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    If we are mentioning Sheets, I have a few WIP (that both need finishing and re-editing from SB as I wasn't happy with them.)

These are:

Oh, Dorothy's an interesting choice, considering her origins. Would she be something like a phantom or perhaps some rando taking up her name and mantle?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but I don't really want to see this genderbend
    Not into gothic loli fashion Padoru?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually quite into it, but I don't really want to see Poe as a loli. I've always pictured him to be something like this:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by King of Padoru; November 28th, 2018 at 02:59 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar

These are:

Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Oh, Dorothy's an interesting choice, considering her origins. Would she be something like a phantom or perhaps some rando taking up her name and mantle?
    I actually wrote a Assassin Dorothy sheet a while back. Great minds think alike, it seems.

Edit: And for in-progress sheets, I have:
    -Funnily enough, Snow White as a Ruler.
    -Berserker La Hire, one of Jeanne d'Arc's companions and a pretty brutal guy.
    -Rider Comte Arnau, catalan philanderer and wild hunt equivalent. I'm thinking of maybe making him a Caster instead, not sure yet.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 28th, 2018 at 03:03 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If we are mentioning i have in my FnTF :

Herodot(Caster)

Hor-aha first oficial pharoh as Saber or Caster

Jimmu as Saber most likely as Saber (but more modest as the other "firsts" *cough* Roma)

Diodor (As Caster or Alter Ego) with a "parasitic " Concept Noblephantasm

Emporer Julian As Saber or Caster with a Anti Christ /Pagan Regression abbility.

Dagon as Archer.

Nephilim-complex as Watcher.
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; November 28th, 2018 at 04:33 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    No, a real historical figure. I wrote Oz as a fairy-land in the Reverse Side.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    I actually wrote a Assassin Dorothy sheet a while back. Great minds think alike, it seems.
    Yes, I've seen yours before. Yours is slightly different to mine however, as she has completely different backstory, different Noble Phantasms, a lower-ranked Bravery, a different skill than Accidental Victor, and Kiss of the Northern Witch (which does something different as well.) I still thought it was awesome though and it was my inspiration for doing one of my own for her!

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    I'm actually quite into it, but I don't really want to see Poe as a loli. I've always pictured him to be something like this:

Spoiler:
    Would it help if I said my idea is that Caster Poe is really his wife?
    Last edited by Anju Addams; November 28th, 2018 at 03:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    If we're posting what we're procrastinating on/are never gonna finish:

• Assassin Sir Richard Francis Burton having Mystic Eyes (based upon his "interest in mesmerism" and several people who met him focusing on the strength of his gaze); abandoned because I had no other idea where to take it
    • Alter-Ego Tezcatlipoca based on the idea of "teteo imixiptlahuan"
    • Rider Valdemar IV Atterdag, leaning into the Wild Hunt
    • Rider Gwyn ap Nudd focusing on his role as psychopomp
    • Lancer Starkad, had basically nothing but a name
    • Caster Marcus Aurelius, with a heavy focus on his philosophy & being part of the "Four Good Emperors", abandoned because the research seemed rather daunting
    • Caster Dom Perignon, the winemaker; abandoned because there was basically nothing interesting I could make of him
    • Rider Shulgi, the Sumerian King; "just" self-aggrandizement didn't seem enough of a character
    • Foreigner Jules Verne, with the idea that his novels were actually autobiographical, but the eldritch elements censored from them; my original entry for one of the contests
    • Caster Lot, the only survivor of Sodom and Gomorrah; abandoned because I'm too shit at writing to give his NP the "impact" it deserves, and couldn't really reconcile the incest with the rest of the narrative
    • Lancer Palamedes, the Saracen Knight of the Round Table; abandoned because I know entirely too little about the guy, and while I could spin the character into something interesting, I've not found a way to give him a satisfying, coherent powerset that complements the rest of the KotRT
    • Alter-Ego Julian the Apostate, alter ego of Helios; was reading the book by Gore Vidal on Julian, but wasn't as inspired as I'd hoped and turned to greener pastures
    • Lancer Aurangzeb, Mughal Emperor; just wasn't all that inspired I guess

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Would it help if I said my idea is that Caster Poe is really his wife?
    That's much better

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Rider Gwyn ap Nudd focusing on his role as psychopomp.
    Better finish mine quickly then...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Ail Don did a pretty good sheet of Timur/Tamerlane a while back. Link here.
    That was a pretty good sheet, though on principle, the genderbend does lessen the quality for me.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time to join the procrastination party!

Lancer Chandragupta II: One of the most powerful emperors of the Gupta Empire in India. Has the Iron Pillar of Delhi as a Noble Phantasm.
    Saber/Berserker Hrolfr Kraki: A legendary Danish king from Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian tradition. His sword, Skofnung, was imbued with the spirits of his twelve faithful berserker bodyguards.

Also, would anyone have any idea on what Noble Phantasms to give a Gabriel sheet? Back in September, I was working on one, but then it went on the back-burner. While I was talking with Padoru about how to improve Caster Khosrow, I ended up Ruler Gabriel and Rider Bull Demon King sheets, which were originally his idea, but haven't quite gotten anywhere on Gabriel's Noble Phantasm. We decided that it should have something to do with the legend about them picking souls from the Tree of Life and giving them bodies and that it could perhaps counter the manifestation of the soul.

Here's what I came up with:
    Maybe I could have it spawn a replica of the Tree of Life that spawns a Bounded Field that slowly (about as quick as turtle can cross the street) breaks down the bodies of Servants within it? That sounds pretty broken, though...
    But we decided that a Bounded Field was broken and that it'd be better to consult someone who knows more about the True Magics. So, anyone have any ideas?
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Time to join the procrastination party!

Lancer Chandragupta II: One of the most powerful emperors of the Gupta Empire in India. Has the Iron Pillar of Delhi as a Noble Phantasm.
    Saber/Berserker Hrolfr Kraki: A legendary Danish king from Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian tradition. His sword, Skofnung, was imbued with the spirits of his twelve faithful berserker bodyguards.

Also, would anyone have any idea on what Noble Phantasms to give a Gabriel sheet? Back in September, I was working on one, but then it went on the back-burner. While I was talking with Padoru about how to improve Caster Khosrow, I ended up Ruler Gabriel and Rider Bull Demon King sheets, which were originally his idea, but haven't quite gotten anywhere on Gabriel's Noble Phantasm. We decided that it should have something to do with the legend about them picking souls from the Tree of Life and giving them bodies and that it could perhaps counter the manifestation of the soul.

But we decided that a Bounded Field was broken and that it'd be better to consult someone who knows more about the True Magics. So, anyone have any ideas?
    If we are talking about the angel Gabriel, what about his trumpet, said to 'proceed the revival of the dead?' A potential Necromancy Noble Phantasm there.

Blog Entries
    If we are talking about the angel Gabriel, what about his trumpet, said to 'proceed the revival of the dead?' A potential Necromancy Noble Phantasm there.
    Wait, why didn't I ever think of that? And I'm a Christian, for crying out loud!

...Well, then again, I personally subscribe to the theory that it's Michael who blows the trumpet at the beginning of the Rapture.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; November 28th, 2018 at 05:55 PM.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Wait, why didn't I ever think of that? And I'm a Christian, for crying out loud!

...Well, then again, I personally subscribe to the theory that it's Michael who blows the trumpet at the begin of the Rapture.
    You could justify it though as a shared Noble Phantasm, each with differing effects, since there are seven trumpets meant to be blown at the Rapture after all. Even Israfil is described as a trumpet-player for the Armageddon in Islamic versions.

Blog Entries
    That does make sense, honestly.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You could justify it though as a shared Noble Phantasm, each with differing effects, since there are seven trumpets meant to be blown at the Rapture after all. Even Israfil is described as a trumpet-player for the Armageddon in Islamic versions.
    Seeing how the Valkyries have the same copy of Gungnir, both Gabriel and Michael could have the same trumpet without any difference as well.

"The sadness will last forever. Yet, I must press on. Beyond the formless black void, beyond the court of the dreamer... I must find it. The light."

Class: Foreigner

True Name: Vincent van Gogh

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Parameters:

Strength: D
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Mana: A
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Skills

Class Skills:

Divinity: B
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. In this case, however, the Servant is one who has been blessed/cursed by the essence of a higher-dimensional entity. It is not a Divine Spirit, but their capabilities to "paint the World with their colors" is similar enough.

Existence Outside the Domain: EX
    A Class Skill associated with Foreigners. It indicates one who has been touched by the madness of a higher existence residing outside the universe. Rather than being consumed by it and lose their humanity in the process, the owner of this Skill is one who preserved his sense of self or consumed the madness itself. In this case, Foreigner ignored the Child-Minded God's attempts to grasp him - or rather, the Outer God utterly failed to possess him as Foreigner's own sense of self wasn't sufficiently established. And, embarrassingly enough, the Outer God was left trapped within Foreigner's fragmented mind.

Territory Creation: D+
    Normally a Skill that permits the creation of a special terrain advantageous for a magus. Since he has no aptitude for magecraft and is merely a painter, Foreigner uses this Skill just to materialize his canvas and painting supplies wherever and whenever he wishes. The workshop would normally be restricted to a limited area, but Foreigner is the type of artist who travels often to experience different sights, so the workshop follows him instead.

Personal Skills:

Necronym: One in One: A-
    The Heroic Spirit's unique circumstances caused his manifestation in a fragile body akin to a corpse. Rather than being two souls in one body (two in one), it is one soul in a dead body (one in one). The Skill's owner isn't wavering between life and death - he is dead. It interferes with all manners of supernatural senses as they can't register his presence, nullifies the instantaneous imposition of death and negates any spell, ability or Noble Phantasm that must define him as a target to function, be they beneficial or harmful.

Seeking the Light: Wheatfield with Crows: B
    The disposition of one who craved and sought what lies at the end, the light. Foreigner's turbulent life - spent in search of it - is crystallized as a Skill due to having peered through the Child-Minded God's seven eyes to observe the dreamer's court. To the one who lamented the branching paths of his life, this Skill grants a limited form of precognition - but perhaps "inspiration" might be a term more suited to a painter. Whether the crows are flying to the horizon or originate from it, the path they follow is one that leads to misfortune; Foreigner can witness the possibilities of his future and choose which one to actualize, but he is unable to predict their long-term consequences. Although it is bizarre, one should not find it odd that this ability finds more use in his workshop (which color should I use?) rather than on the battlefield. As he says, "Artists must create art, we are unfit to join warriors and soldiers. You wouldn't be so pitiless as to offer this weak body of mine to the jaws of some ferocious beast, would you, Master?"

The Starry Night: A
    The title of one of his most widely recognized paintings. Also, the work which symbolized his first proper "conversation" with the Seven Eyes Between the Worlds. The stars and moon are the Outer God's eyes, the swirls and whirlpools an attempt to visualize the formless black void, the trees that stand on the material plane reach out to the Outer God's madness. It's a Skill which encapsulates the essence of the Child-Minded God and weaponizes it. The Child-Minded God's madness seeps through his seven eyes, granting a powerful mental interference property to Foreigner's attacks, as well as disrupting the composition of energy-based attacks such as magical spells or certain Noble Phantasms.

Noble Phantasm

"Y' ph' mgr'luh nwngluii llll shuggogg."
    "First, black and white, other colors will be added later."
    "It is not the world that reflects my heart. My heart mirrors the world."
    "These frail arms reach through the formless black void, these brittle fingers grasp the child god's essence.
    The brush defines nature and draws the portraits of people.
    All is seen from the seven holes of a pitch-black window."
    "Thought of by a child, drawn by a child and commissioned by a child.
    It is nothing special, just... A Painting From Children."

A Painting From Children: Through the Black Void, My Heart Mirrors the World
    Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Army/Anti-World

The "painting style" devised by Foreigner after his materialization as a Servant. It's accomplished by "borrowing" the essence of the Child-Minded God - but if the Outer God were capable of wording an opinion comprehensible in human terms, he would probably complain that he is "stealing".

The Outer God's eyes are not organs meant to observe reality, but holes through which one can witness the court of the dreamer.
    However, Foreigner ignores that and instead takes advantage of them to look upon another reality of his choosing.
    Regardless of distance, he can gaze upon a target of his choosing even if they are standing on the other side of the planet or in a different layer of the world.

The sight reflected in his eyes is reproduced on his large canvas, a medium through which he can manipulate existence.
    He is unable to directly deal damage - Foreigner's paintings mirror his heart, and he is not someone with the heart to harm others.
    However, he draws nature, and nature does not discriminate.
    By altering and accelerating the flow of the wind, he can summon tornadoes. By shifting the sea level, he can bring forth tidal waves. Any destructive phenomena of nature is achievable through its manipulation.

Foreigner manipulates not only nature, but the nature of things as well.
    By painting cracks in one's armor and weapons, they turn brittle. With a violent brush stroke directed downwards, the target is forced on his knees. When his brush strokes a person, the Child-Minded God's madness infects them.

As an Anti-World Noble Phantasm capable of warping reality to the highest degree, it would normally be likened to a "full-scale alien invasion", but Foreigner's lack of interest in such matters reduced the Outer God's otherworldly capabilities to a mere tool with which he can better express himself. In a sense, because Foreigner's narrow-mindedness never thought of this Noble Phantasm's application as a weapon, his mind is unlike that of an adult and still remains pure and childish.

Indeed, it's a painting made by children. The mind that created it is childish, the hands holding the brush are those of a child and the Outer God that allowed it is child-minded.

Lore and Background

For one who has studied Western art, it is impossible to not know his name.

Vincent van Gogh, the Dutch painter who - in both fame and influence - reached the peak. To this day, when it comes to art, he is acknowledged as an equal to the likes of da Vinci and Michelangelo.

However, he was never praised in life. His feats were rewarded only after his death and it could be said that the complexity of his works was recognized only because of the tragedies he was forced to suffer.

Born in 1853, he was neither loved nor hated.
    As an innocent child, he learned that he was only meant to replace his dead brother, the original Vincent, born stillborn just a year before him.

Like all children, he sought his mother's love.
    Every day she would visit the grave of the first Vincent. Every day he would accompany her.
    He would grasp her hand, as if assuring her that he was here.
    He was always ignored.

"Who am I?"
    At some point, Vincent asked himself this.
    There was a slab of stone, his name engraved on it. But he was still alive, standing in front of it.
    "Am I Vincent? Or am I Vincent?"

It would have been fine if he was only a replacement, but he wasn't even granted that.
    He was born without purpose and lived without purpose.

There was no light in his life. Although he attempted to find it by fanatically devoting himself to God, he felt betrayed when no revelation was bestowed upon him.

For years he wandered through life, taking interest in many fields but abandoning them when they couldn't fill the void in him.
    His parents, seeing him as a social misfit, were contemplating the idea of sending him to a mental asylum before Vincent simply left without a word.
    Following his brother Theo's advice, he decided to make art his new passion.

Having discovered his talent and loving it, Vincent was financially supported by Theo as he devoted all of his time to his new craft.
    He painted nature to understand the world around him.
    He painted self-portraits to understand himself.
    Perhaps it was a desperate attempt to affirm his existence as "Vincent the adult painter" rather than "Vincent the stillborn".

Vincent loved painting. However, just like anywhere else, he did not fit the world of art.
    He disliked the notion of selling his works, as he painted only to understand himself and find "his light".
    He wasn't bound to traditions and rules, so he couldn't get along with his fellow artists.

His eccentricity and quirks eventually led others to believe he was mentally ill.
    Trapped in a mental asylum, he was forbidden from painting, but their rules didn't concern him.
    As he painted the starry night, he was spoken to...

The Eyes Between Worlds, the Child-Minded God.
    Seven pulsing eyes from within a formless black void.
    This entity from outside the universe contacted Vincent, a man with no purpose, therefore suitable as a vessel.
    The Outer God attempted to possess the individual named Vincent, but...

"Which Vincent?"

The stillborn? The painter?
    Vincent was the painter, but he was born to be the stillborn.
    The stillborn, dead the same day he left the womb, in a sense continued to live through the painter.
    The painter considered himself a painter, but he was still convinced that he wasn't different from the stillborn.

Vincent's sense of self was fractured. He couldn't function as a host to the Outer God.
    But the Child-Minded God pressed on and refused to yield.
    Unable to grasp the fearsome horror of a mere human whose identity was vague and uncertain, the Eyes unintentionally trapped themselves within Vincent's mind.

The avatar he had sent to dominate Vincent's mind was left in an existential paradox truly befitting a madman.
    He was unable to escape from the contradiction of Vincent being both dead and alive, someone who lived but was spiritually dead, someone who was dead at birth but still walked the earth.
    A twisted thought process that not even an entity from beyond the universe could comprehend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a Servant summoned in the Foreigner-class, the True Name "Vincent van Gogh" refers to both the stillborn and the painter.
    Because he does not differentiate between the two, he is uniquely cursed with a frail body that has not developed its sexual characteristics.
    His skin is pale white and his eyes blood red. His appearance is that of a corpse and the length of his grey hair refers to the long life that the stillborn Vincent should have led.
    It's a cursed vessel, a cross between the corpse of a baby and the grown body of an adult.

Although summoned within the corpse of his dead brother, it does not affect Vincent's personality.
    The corpse is just a corpse. There's no soul in it, no self and no mind.
    It's just a container that he unfortunately occupies, but it's one that is necessary to contain the essence of the Child-Minded God.

Unlike other Foreigners, the Outer God is completely under control. As such, he doesn't have an Outer Form that displays the class container's powers more evidently.
    In fact, because the Child-Minded God's essence is being used as an endless supply of "paint", it's seriously impossible to reinforce even further who has the dominant role in this relationship.

"Very well. If it can't be found in this universe, I will just use this alien god within me to produce a new paint, one that will permit me to reach the light."

Personality

A super-weirdo whose tendencies are immensely hard to grasp.

He sees only what he wants to see. If he's painting, he won't pay attention to his surroundings, even if the room is on fire or if the facility he's residing in is being frozen to sub-zero temperatures.

He could also be called narrow-minded - and he is certainly impossible to persuade when it comes to certain topics - but that would betray his capability of gazing upon the bigger picture. Even though he can be emotionally invested in others, he never loses the rationality that allows him to objectively analyze a given situation.

He acts out of impulse, even though he has precognition that should regulate his actions. He can't predict the long-term consequences of his paths; despite the fact that others would view it as a limitation, he considers it a blessing.
    Although he led a tragic life full of wrong turns that could have been avoided, he doesn't wish to walk a predetermined path that his precognition evaluates to be the best one.

He's an optimist, but also a pessimist.
    He may be convinced that "it's fine if I make a wrong choice", but he also laments "it can't be helped if I make a wrong choice".
    He fears failure, but because it's always within his expectations, he's never hurt from it.

By nature, he is unconventional simply because he doesn't fit society.
    He is irresponsible with money and is likely to spend it all just to buy a stupid vase.
    He doesn't have much interest in women, both romantically and artistically, but if he finds one interesting he would curiously grope her body without permission.
    He borrows things without a second thought and often forgets to return them. In other words, he steals often.

He utterly lacks in common sense, but his survival instinct is still intact. If he can't afford it, he won't do it. Inversely, if he can get away with it, he will do it.

He isn't bothered by the opinions of others. His talent was never praised in life, but it's likely that the recognition would have only troubled him.
    If someone congratulates his painting, he'd say "Is that so?".
    If someone insulted his painting, he'd say "Is that so?".
    He doesn't paint for others, but only to understand himself. As such, they are completely irrelevant.

He may seem absent-minded, but that's because painting is often his only focus.
    He sees only what he wants to see. Therefore, he pays attention to something and forgets everything else.
    It's not only painting. Anything that catches his interest would be the same.
    His levels of concentration are inhuman. If he's invested in the conversation, it would be hard not to be unnerved by his unblinking stare.

He may not care about the opinions of others, but it's another story if it's about someone he loves and cares for.
    Since he was only truly accepted by his brother Theo, he is weak to those who are genuinely kind.
    He doesn't outwardly display it, but he is dependent on those he bonds with.
    However, because he always expects failure, he doesn't attempt to fix the situation if the relationship turns sour.
    As such, he is prone to assume the worst when it comes to arguments.

Relationships

Katsushika Hokusai:

• "The painter of the Great Wave! That extreme clarity, those lines drawn as easy as breathing - I greatly admire your work! And with that body, you must never run out of ink. Unlike me, Meester Hokusai is truly blessed."

• "Yes, that barbarian kyonshi seems smitten with Father. Definitely a boy, but he's so beautiful... ah, but unlike Father, I'm not fine with anyone! That youkai-like appearance is a bad omen, I tell you!" (Regular Form)
    • "Argh, the wandering life of a free painter makes me seethe with envy! No deadlines, no financial issues! And I'm to understand that just by acting like some deviant, your shogunate would send you to a facility with a free room and three meals a day?!" (Outer Form)

Abigail Williams:

• "I hate children. They look kind, but only because they don't know better. They don't care at all about anything other than themselves and would throw rocks at an artist just because he looks weird. In fact, didn't this girl burn innocent people just because they made her uneasy? Fire is bad news for me, it makes the paint dry too fast." (To Regular Form)
    • "Look, she shows her true colors! Also, the god inside my head just won't shut his mouth when I stare at that keyhole on her forehead. "Open the gate, open the gate, free me!", he yells. I'll just dilute the paint, that usually makes him docile." (to Outer Form)

• "He's a Foreigner too. Another painter, but from Europe, uh? Even though his skin is so pale, he still looks so pretty... pale skin, white hair, he reminds me of another girl of my age..." (Regular Form)
    • "Where shall we open the gate today? Mmm... not there, Master. He's scary, and dangerous. Like dogs, but I don't want to deal with him." (Outer Form)

Gilles de Rais (Caster):

• "The girl that Meester Hokusai drags along also complains about him, right? That French man, he first stared at me with a complicated look on his face, then started yelling when I introduced myself. That's why I always told Theo that fame is useless. Even though I refuse, he keeps saying "You have many eyes and can undoubtedly capture their essence!", but the only thing I get is that he only sees what he wants to see... what's wrong, Master, it looks like you want to say something. Anyway, I only paint myself and the world around me. Gods are a boring model."

Tristan:

• "The sadness will last forever. Is is inevitable."

• "Indeed. Ah, yes, how sad..."

Romulus:

• "What a huge brush... eh, it's not? Still, what a convenient body. I'm told he didn't require food or sleep, even in life. We are Servants now, so it doesn't really matter, but this inconvenient body of mine still upsets me. It's too short, and I'm useless without a stool."

• "You, too, are Roma."

Ereshkigal:

• "The lord of the dead? Ngh, I suppose you came here for this useless corpse. I'd be more than happy to drop it, but my painting supplies are unfortunately linked to it. If you take them from me, you would reap my soul as an artist too, but I don't believe that interests you. There's also-"

• "Excuse me- ah, yes, you already understand. Good, it's good that you have a sense of responsibility... wait. What's this?! There's something else mixed in as well! An Outer God?! It's been there from before you died?! It doesn't matter! You can't just mess around with your body like that, think about those who have to retrieve the soul from within it!"

Hans Christian Andersen:

• "The writer of fairy tales. We share the same era, but I don't really know you. Well, don't take it personally, I just never paid attention to anything except painting. You... we aren't too dissimilar. Your body, too, is an ugly thing to look at. I suppose artists must always carry some kind of curse with them. But it's a shame that you stopped searching for the light. It can't be helped, this sadness."

• "Ohoh, this painter's tragic life would greatly entertain a certain English author, yes? Not that this kid would even care, though. He may have died as an adult, but he never grew as an individual. He locked himself within an existential crisis that he carried to the grave, and that curse still gnaws at him as a Servant. I would praise his nonchalance if it were absolute, but the fact that he eagerly grasps the extended hands of the so-called "kind saviors" is pitiful. He seeks a light to illuminate his bleak existence, even though he has absolutely no idea how to. Since painting is his talent, he probably hopes to achieve happiness through it. He laments and suffers, but does nothing about it. How stupid and painful to look at! However, I will not ridicule his efforts. He is pessimistic, unsightly, uncaring and childish - in other words, he's a carbon copy of me... but! He has a goal, so he's easily a hundred times better than a writer who never achieved a thing in life. I will watch from the sidelines, van Gogh. No matter how many times you fail, I won't laugh."

"The Old Man of the Mountain":

• "The countenance of death? I did paint still life, but I never actually expected to meet the reaper. As I said, though, people are irrelevant to my painting. I may be a corpse, but it doesn't mean the dead pique my interest."

• "Thou discipline is worthy of praise, painter of worlds. You battle the corruption of the false idols and stomp upon the degradation of thy spirit. However, thou must return thy corpse to the Valley."