Page 734 of 858 FirstFirst ... 234634684724729732733734735736739744784834 ... LastLast
Results 14,661 to 14,680 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

I figured it's about time I got around to transferring over the sister sheet to the Rider I posted last month, and was encouraged to enter into December's Create-a-Servant Contest. Neither sister made the Top 3, but I was glad enough that they received votes at all.

Assassin
    Spirit: Xtabay [Utz-Colel]
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Alternate Class: Rider, Funny Vamp

Faceclaim:
    Spoiler:

First Encounter:

Spoiler:

Teasing Bluebeard:
    Spoiler:

Credit to Shirahama Kouta, and his SFW doujin, Agepoyo Trap.

Nature:
    Spoiler:
    Direct and honest. Harsh and critical. Those who have met her would describe Assassin such. Neither side could be called false - Assassin is direct with her harshness, and honestly critical of others. Those around her are simply prone to seeing the former traits first.

Assassin's nature is the sort that is swift to castigate others, and yet is weak to the same. Even a mild chastisement over poor behaviour is likely to result in her seeking to correct the flaw at hand. Is she really so desperate for the praise of others?

As quick as she is to talk, Assassin is fairly evasive about her reason for fighting in the Holy Grail War - at least to anyone who does not know her legend and True Name. This is because she fears that those who hear it may laugh if they knew what it was that she would fight for - an answer to that one burning question that haunted her after death:

"What did I do wrong?"

Assassin is quite certain that she can claim victory one way or another - she may be a weak Servant, but she's confident that what she is capable of will be enough to secure victory, if she's careful and precise with her actions. Her strategy will revolve around her ability to track others. Whether by seducing those close to her targets to mark them, or by secretly leaving her mark on enemy Servants during a quick clash, once she has managed to identify and locate the enemy Masters, she will pick them off as the opportunities arise - anyone else is just a pawn toward that goal.

... she'll likely also resort to seducing and bedding various people to amass additional energy separately from her Master, but... the way she goes about it... is that just a chore to her?

Dislikes: Sickness, poverty, seeing sin be rewarded
    Talent: Verbal abuse
    Natural Enemy: She who bears that name...

Legend:
    Spoiler:

Among the Yucatec Maya, there exists a tale of two sisters. The people called this woman
    Utz-Colel
    the Good Woman
    , and they called her sister
    Xkeban
    the Sinful Woman

The girl named Utz-Colel was famous for her pure way of life. Not a person could be found who had ever lain with her, nor name a person who ever had. As such, she was adored by the masses for her proper way of life.

And yet, even as the masses looked upon her behaviour with praise, Utz-Colel held no warmth in her heart for the poor and downtrodden. What wealth she acquired was applied only for her own needs, and she would turn a blind eye to the poor and the sickly. When her neighbours had 'useless', or sickly animals to get rid of, Utz-Colel would pay them no mind. When she saw or heard word of another's wrongdoing, she would be swift to rebuke them with a vicious tongue.

One day, two events happened - Xkeban went missing, and a strange, enticing aroma wafted across town. Entranced by that scent, the townsfolk searched for the source, and they found it in Xkeban's home - emanating from her corpse.

Utz-Colel was outspoken with her disbelief regarding this state of events; she declared that this must have been the work of wicked spirits seeking to tempt others to embrace sin, for how else could anything but a foul stench come from the corpse of a sinner? She declared that when her end came, her corpse would give off a scent far, far more lovely than that of a whore like Xkeban.

Some time would pass, and Utz-Colel would die as well. Utz-Colel's funeral was a grand affair - all of the town came in sorrow for the beloved woman's fate. But soon after her burial, a rancid scent would emerge from Utz-Colel's grave, disproving the claim she made when Xkeban died. Furthermore, in the days to follow, a tzacam cactus grew from Utz-Colel's grave, adorned by flowers that gave no scent at first approach, but proved to be foul when held close to the nose.

As Utz-Colel's soul departed, and she witnessed the foulness that came from her corpse, she fell deep into thought. As she wondered how a sinner could bring sweetness with her death, and yet a pure woman could bring foulness, she came to the conclusion that whatever being or force judged the souls of the deceased considered what people called "sins of love" to not be sins at all. Shocked by this 'revelation', Utz-Colel begged to whoever could hear her to let her walk the Earth once more, to let her indulge in these so-called "sins of love" that she had abstained from in life.

Dark spirits embraced her soul, and brought her back to the world of the living as a wandering soul. And so, Utz-Colel would seduce those who walked near the ceiba trees late at night. But Utz-Colel, in her judgement, had misunderstood what divided her from her sister. Xkeban was kindly, was warm-hearted, and she gave her body to all of her lovers purely out of the desire to share the pleasure of carnal union with her partners. Utz-Colel was harsh, was cold-hearted, and she was giving her "body" to her lovers purely out of envy.

The spirit of Utz-Colel, embraced by wicked spirits, became a wicked spirit herself. She continued on, continuing to seduce travelers in a twisted reflection of her sister's ways, and then assaulting them after the deed was done. Those who were taken by her would be found with scratches and bites across their bodies, and some among those who perished would be found with their heart torn free from their chest.

And so, the people gave this demon the name
    Xtabay
    She Who Ensnares

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: C

Skills:
    Spoiler:

Class Skill:
    Presence Concealment (B): The capacity to conceal one's presence as a Servant. At this level, one can disappear and become extremely difficult to detect. However, the concealment effect diminishes considerably when she prepares to attack.

Personal Skills:
    Blood-Sucking (C): Assassin can recover magical energy by consuming the blood of another. Her personal preference seems to tilt toward supping upon the blood of one she has taken as a lover, allowing her to draw energy twice from one individual.

Sadistic Disposition (D): A nature that inflicts abuse. As an engagement continues, her aggression increases. While this appears to be a positive skill at first glance, the increase in sadistic behaviour over time chips away at Assassin's composure, and gradually lowers her defensive value. This skill could be said to be a step short of the skill that drives Berserkers insane.

Shapeshift (D-): The ability to alter one's form. Assassin's talent in this field is not particularly great - she can take the forms of other female humanoids, and she can create minor modifications to her body such as making claws of her nails or vampiric fangs of her teeth, but little else beyond that. Even manipulating her hair can only go so far as to alter its shape and length - it cannot actually make the hair strong enough to restrain even a weak Servant.
    ... Perhaps this means that familiar face...?

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:

Tzacam
    Foulness Concealed Within

Rank C Anti-Unit
    A long-toothed comb adorned with a flower. Assassin, when she wishes to be seen, will often be seen running it through her hair, again and again. However, it also serves as her weapon - even without invoking its True Name, she can launch the sharp teeth of the comb like tiny darts. They are not powerful, but as the teeth regrow as soon as they break off, Assassin can maintain a rapid barrage of strikes.

By setting this comb in her hair as an ornament, and invoking its True Name as a Noble Phantasm, she unlocks its true power. In this state, her hair becomes laden with sharp needle-like points. In this state, combined with the control of her hair granted by her Shapeshifting, she can riddle a foe with dozens, even hundreds of tiny pinpricks with just a graze.

While the minor wounds of the many pricks may be as nothing to a Servant, the small spines linger within those subjected to them, inflicting a continuous degree of pain, and gradually digging deeper and deeper into the target. A subject bearing these can be constantly sensed by Assassin, allowing her to pursue a pierced target, no matter where they may go.

The hair needles are not 'formed' when Xtabay activates Tzacam. In truth, as she combs her hair, small needles break off from among the large needles that make the comb's teeth, and adorn themselves amidst her locks. Activating Tzacam just extends these spines into a state where they can be made useful.

As Tzacam is an extension of her own being, tracking the needles of it is just a matter of proprioception - just as a person can 'feel' the position of their own hand relative to their body without using their eyes, so too can Xtabay 'feel' where her needles are relative to her body. As such, she always knows the direction and distance of anyone or anything that bears a needle within, and can distinguish each one from the rest with no effort.

Craft Essence:
    Spoiler:

Grand Saber ... Ceiba?

"It is said that there is a tree that reaches across worlds, bridging the land of the dead, the realm of the gods, and all that lie between."

"Oh, you've already heard of that tale? Alright, but did you know that there's not just one?"

"I've seen one of them myself, a gigantic ceiba tree we call Yaxche. When the spirits gave me freedom to walk the world once more, I had to climb up it to get out of
    Xibalba
    the underworld
    . Once you've felt a World Tree, the intensity of the mana that rushes up and out of it, it's like nothing else on Earth. Also, as I touched the Tree, I could feel the presence of the other Trees, and... I think I felt things that might be like them, yet not?"

"Many, many years after leaving the underworld, as I stood beneath Yaxche once more, I could feel a connection to someone through it. One who took up an extension of one of those... other things that are so like the trees - a pillar that binds the world. She looked quite striking, so..."

"... I stole her face."

"Not literally, you idiot! But even a fool like you should have seen the resemblance to that woman on the horse by now, right?"

"... Wait... just how many other people here share this face, exactly?"

Relationships:
    Spoiler:

Artoria Pendragon (Lancer & Lancer Alter): "I can feel the pulse of Yaxche..."

Mysterious Heroine X: "It's a shame, but stealing my likeness is unforgivable, so Utz-Colel will have to die as well." - Mysterious Heroine X

Other Saberfaces: Utz-Colel is slowly growing uncomfortable with the increasing number of women who share the face she stole.

Quetzalcoatl: "Please... please won't you tell me... where did I go wrong, Kukulkan-sama? What should I have done differently, Kukulkan-sama?"

Romulus: The Great Founder seems to welcome Utz-Colel's company.
    "Your path up
    Yaxche
    your land's great tree
    into this world is one that has now lead you to my great
    tree
    spear
    , and therefore, it is also a path that leads to Roma."
    - Romulus

Xkeban: "I've lived a pure life, and for it I was damned. I rose to the land of the living again and walked your sordid path, and found naught but ruin. So why? Why were you the blessed one?!"

Final Comment:
    Spoiler:
    Yes, I did in fact choose to make her a Saberface just for a Ceiba=Saber pun.
    Last edited by Tsuzurao; January 15th, 2019 at 04:22 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Saber:

Appearance
    :

By Tos_Tantan on Twitter

True Name: Renaud de Montauban

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Alternate Classes: Rider, Berserker, Shielder

Strength- B
    Agility- D
    Endurance- A
    Mana- C
    Luck- C
    NP- A

Personality
    A feisty and impulsive young woman. Saber is always eager for adventure and excitement. Her impulsiveness is also Saber's greatest weakness, as when angered she can lash out thoughtlessly at even her own allies. Being a basically good person Saber acknowledges this trait as a flaw and strives to improve herself.

While fierce in anger, Saber is also quick to forgive and look past previous slights. Recognizing that everyone is burdened with their own faults to overcome, she's broadminded enough to accept the evil deeds of humans as merely "regrettable". Thus, when she defeats an evildoer Saber won't slay them right away, but first give them a chance to atone and become a better person. However, this mercy does not extend to evildoers who fully embrace their vicious nature without even trying to better themselves. If she encounters such a true evil, Saber will erupt into an unstoppable fury and devote everything she has to eradicating the offender.

Saber loves chess but is comically terrible at it, often getting checkmated in only a few moves. After losing, she'll usually throw a temper tantrum and flip the table.

Saber's wish on the Holy Grail is to rewrite history so her feud with Charlemagne, and the costly war that ensued, never happened. That the lives of so many were lost because of her single bout of impulsive anger is something that weighs heavily on Saber's heart, even if she hides it behind her usual cheerful demeanour.

Dislikes: her own impulsiveness
    Talent: getting out of a bad situation
    Natural Enemy: Charlemagne, herself

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- B
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank spells with a chant below three verses are nullified. Even if targeted by the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals, it is difficult for the Servant to be affected. Due to the favor of her uncle, the great sorcerer Maugris, and her own feats of battling and defeating wicked mages, Saber boasts a high level of resistance.

Riding- B
    The ability to ride animals and handle vehicles. At this rank, Saber can handle most mounts with an above average degree of skill, but not Phantasmal or Divine Beasts. As one of the few people who could ride the legendary horse Bayard, Saber naturally attains a high rank in this Skill.

Personal Skills
    :

Dignity Of The Rearguard- C
    A unique Skill that displays more power the more disadvantageous the situation (such as defensive battles, military withdrawals, etc.) is. Saber and her brothers managed to hold out in a siege with the army of Charlemagne for several years before managing to negotiate favorable terms. In conjunction with her second Noble Phantasm, even Anti-Army attacks can be defended against.

Inversion Of Enchantment- A
    According to legend, Saber once drank from an enchanted fountain that made her fall madly in love with the beautiful princess Angelica. Later on, she drank from another fountain that reversed this enchantment, freeing her from her false love. The effects of the two fountains still linger on Saber's Saint Graph, granting her this unusual Personal Skill.

As a result, any spell targeting Saber will impart the opposite of its intended effect. A fire spell would inflict ice damage, a curse of sickness would become a blessing of good health, a love charm would instead incite disgust, and so on. However this Skill is a double-edged sword, as positive spells directed at Saber will also have their effects exchanged with negative ones. For instance, a healing spell would damage Saber in proportion to how much health it would have normally restored.

Saint- D
    Indicates that one is venerated as a saint. Depending on the nature of one's sainthood this Skill can bestow a variety of beneficial effects, from a rank-up to Charisma to being able to construct holy relics such as powerful defensive shrouds. In Saber's case, the ability selected is "automatic HP recovery". As long as she's not directly attacking, Saber will regain a small amount of her health every turn. This allows her to serve as an excellent bulwark in defensive battles.

While Saber was never properly venerated as a saint, she is sometimes conflated with St. Reinold due to the two of them having died in extremely similar ways. This association allows Saber to wield the powers of a saint despite not being one herself, albeit at a lower rank.

Noble Phantasms
    Froberge
    Sword Of Crushing Victory

Type: Anti-Unit

The enchanted sword given to Saber by her uncle, the sorcerer Maugris, alongside the magic steed Bayard. A long sword with a wavy blade reminiscent of flames. Crafted by the faeries and woven with several powerful enchantments, it is a splendid blade even if it lacks the same level of fame as the likes of Excalibur and Durandal.

As a Noble Phantasm Froberge has a subtle but deadly power. Every time it clashes with the opponent's armament, Froberge imparts a curse that forces its weight to increase. Initially the newfound weight is barely noticeable, but the effect of the curse stacks cumulatively for every time Saber parries the enemy's weapon. After repeated clashes the opponent might find their armament becoming too heavy to even lift, let alone attack with.

In gameplay terms this Noble Phantasm lowers the enemy's Agility parameter with each clash Saber makes, slowing them down from having to bear the increased weight of their weapon. The severity of the effect also depends on the opponent's Strength parameter. Enemies with high Strength won't lose much of their agility even after clashing with Saber repeatedly, because their great strength allows them to easily lift their heavier weapon. Conversely, foes with low Strength will quickly find themselves crippled by the newfound weight.

Thus, this Noble Phantasm is most dangerous against Servants with high Agility but low Strength, the opposite of Saber herself. The curse normally lasts for only three turns, but the duration stacks each time it's re-applied. If Saber or her enemy withdraws from battle the effect is instantly broken, returning their weapon to its normal weight.

Montauban
    Castle Of White Walls

Type: Fortress

The famous castle Saber and her brothers sought shelter in after fleeing from the court of Charlemagne. By securing the leylines of the surrounding area, Saber can manifest her castle into the World as a pseudo-Reality Marble. It boasts superb defensive walls that can repel attacks ranked C or lower. Inside the castle, Saber gains a rank-up to all her parameters and can summon her three brothers as low-ranking Masterless Servants to fight alongside her. Once summoned, the castle cannot be moved or otherwise disengaged for the rest of the Grail War. Thus, it's extremely important that Saber choose a suitable strategic ground before invoking this Noble Phantasm.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 29th, 2019 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Fleshed out her wish a bit more

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Renaud: First of all, that Inversion of Enchantment Skill is quite odd, but original. Now I'm really curious as to how that, particularly the "healing spells hurt" part, would work in FGO. Froberge is also a pretty original Noble Phantasm and I actually like it quite a bit.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Alter Ego of Shibuya

"Servant Alter Ego. Are you my Master? Let's be friends!"

Class: Alter Ego
    True Name: Hachiko
    Alignment: True Neutral

Strength: C+
    Endurance: C+
    Agility: C+
    Mana: C+
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills
    Unwavering Vigil EX
    An id_es that is a combination of Independent Action, Self-Replenishment (Mana), and Unyielding Will.

Alter Ego is able to remain in the world without a Master. If the connection with Alter Ego’s Master is disrupted, his magical energy will begin to endlessly surge, and a miniscule amount of magical energy will be recovered each turn until the connection is reestablished. Because of this, Alter Ego could possibly remain in the world without a Master for possibly a week-and-a-half, though he could theoretically last even longer with minimal magical energy usage. Nonetheless, Alter Ego will still eagerly await his reunion with his Master, never despairing for even one moment, providing a heightened resistance to mental interference thaumaturgy.

This Skill is derived from how Argos and Hachiko continually waited for their masters’ return for twenty years or nine years, respectively, before their deaths. The former is particularly notable due to that time being far beyond the normal lifespan of a dog. The latter in particular became extremely famous for the undying loyalty and faithfulness he showed for his dear master, who had long-since died, by going to Shibuya station every day in hopes of his return.

Territory Defense A+
    The Class Skill of the Gatekeeper class. It denotes the ability to steadfastly guard a designated place. While the user remains in position, their defensive capabilities receive a significant boost. At the same time, the Skill’s effects are dependent on the Gatekeeper’s ability to repel invaders - should the user let intruders through, the effects of Territory Defense would be lost.

Cerberus is known for having guarded the gates of the Greek underworld to ensure that none escape from it. Additionally, Argos and Hachiko became famous for remaining in one area in hopes that their masters would one day return. Therefore, Alter Ego has this Skill at a high Rank. Additionally, the effects of this Skill are amplified if Alter Ego’s Master is not in the area or the connection to his Master’s supply of magical energy has been severed.

Personal Skills
    Natural Monster D~A+++
    A Skill endowed to those who were given birth as a monster rather than to a hero or god that has fallen down to the level of a Magical Beast.

The components of Cerberus within Alter Ego grants him this Skill, though the presence of components of Argos, Laelaps, and Hachiko degrades the Rank of this Skill. Regardless, Alter Ego still possesses Strength and Endurance parameters superior to those of a normal human. However, the Rank of this Skill will increase under the conditions of Alter Ego’s Cerberus Noble Phantasm.

Weak Constitution C-
    A weakness struck by the nature of frail health. Similar in nature to Innocent Monster, where the perception of the people in the future affects the existence of the Heroic Spirit.

Alter Ego is accompanied by the risk of a sudden status drop at anytime of every action. The probability of risk is not high, nor is the status drop severe either. Alter Ego’s possession of this Skill is due to Hachiko having suffered from terminal cancer and worms and Argos having been infested with fleas before his death. It is possible that the components of the Cerberus and Laelaps within Alter Ego have weakened this Skill.

Similar to Alter Ego’s Natural Monster, this Skill’s Rank is also affected by his Cerberus Noble Phantasm. However, this Skill will Rank Down to E-Rank, rather than Ranking Up.

High-Servant A
    A Skill that denotes one being a High-Servant, artificial Servants produced and composed from multiple mythological essences.

He possesses components of Cerberus, Laelaps, Argos, and Hachiko.

Noble Phantasm
    Cerberus
    Guardian Hound of Hades
    A
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    The monstrous hound owned by Hades, the Greek god of the underworld. He was the offspring of the monsters Typhon and Echidna and had three heads, snakes protruding from parts of his body, and a serpent for a tail. Cerberus is primarily known for his capture by Heracles as the twelfth and final of Heracles’ twelve labors.

When this Noble Phantasm is deployed, the components of Cerberus within Alter Ego become dominant, causing his personality to take control and Alter Ego’s appearance to change to match his. This has the effect of raising the Rank of Natural Monster to A+++ while decreasing Weak Constitution to E-Rank. Natural Monster Ranking Up increases Alter Ego’s Strength and Endurance parameters to level absolutely impossible for the human body.

Another effect of this Noble Phantasm is that it decreases the damage dealt by metal weapons, as per Hades’ condition that Heracles could take Cerberus if he could “master Cerberus without shield or iron”. This resistance to metal weapons makes a battle with Cerberus even more difficult unless the opponent were to be a master of combat with bare fists or stone or wooden weapons.

There is a reason why Eursytheus choose to make Heracles’ final labor to capture Cerberus and bring him back alive; he believed that it would be impossible to do so.

However, the usage of this Noble Phantasm consumes an enormous amount of magical energy, so it is unlikely that it will ever see usage unless as a last resort.

Lore:
    Alter-Ego is a High-Servant created using components of four famous dogs; Cerberus, Laelaps, Argos, and Hachiko.

Cerberus was the offspring of the monsters Typhon and Echidna and the siblings of the Lernaean Hydra; Orthrus, the multi-headed dog that guards the Cattle of Geryon; and the Chimera, a beast that was part-lion, part-goat, and part-snake. He served as the hound of Hades that guarded the gates of the underworld to make ensure none could escape. He became famous for its role as the twelfth labor of Heracles, who was tasked with capturing and bringing him back to Eursytheus alive. Hades allowed Heracles to take Cerberus, but only if he could subdue him without the weapons the hero carried.

Laelaps was a dog that never failed to catch whatever she was hunting. She was a gift from Zeus to Europa, who passed her down to King Minos. Procris’ husband, Cephalus, one day decided to use the hound to hunt the Teumessian fox, which was destined to never be caught. The resulting hunt created a paradox; a dog that always caught her prey versus a fox that could never be caught. This perplexed even Zeus himself, who turned the two beasts to stone and cast them into the sky, forming the constellations Canis Major (Laelaps) and Canis Minor (the Teumessian Fox).

Argos is the faithful dog of Odysseus in Homer’s Odyssey. After the ten years of the Trojan War and ten years of struggling to get back to his home, Odysseus had returned to his homeland only to find that his house had been taken over by reckless suitors hoping to marry his wife Penelope. Odysseus disguised himself as a beggar in order to secretly re-enter his house and launch a surprise attack on the suitors, only telling his son Telemachos his true identity. As Odysseus enters his home, he finds Argos lying neglected on a pile of cow manure, infested with fleas and very old and tired. This is sharp contrast to the dog that Odysseus left behind, which was known for its superior strength, speed, and tracking skills. Unlike everyone else, including Odysseus’ lifelong friend Eumaios, Argos immediately recognizes his master and uses what little strength he has to perk his ears up and wag his tail, but not enough to get up to go to him. Unable to greet his beloved dog, lest he betray who he really was, Odysseus passes by and enters his hall, but not without shedding a tear. Argos then dies contently, having finally seen his master after twenty years.

Hachiko was a purebred Akita dog owned by a professor at Tokyo University, Hidesaburo Ueno. Every morning, Hachiko would accompany his owner to Shibuya station before eventually returning there to greet Ueno when he returned from work. Unfortunately, Ueno died of a brain hemorrhage while at work in 1925. For the next nine years, Hachiko would continue his practice of going to the station at the end of each day to await his owner’s return. After a 1932 newspaper article brought Hachiko to national attention, he became immortalized as a symbol of loyalty and faithfulness, earning the nickname “Chuken Hachiko” (faithful dog Hachiko). Hachiko died of terminal cancer on March 8, 1935. Three bronze statues of Hachiko now stand; one at Shibuya station (where he waited for his master), Odate’s train station (for he was born in Odate), and Odate’s Akita Dog Museum (built in honor of him and other Akita dogs). A monument of Hachiko also stands near Professor Ueno’s grave in Aoyama Cemetery. The Shibuya statue is a popular spot for people to meet, particularly lovers because of its symbolic representation of commitment and loyalty.

Personality:
    Hachiko seems to be the dominant personality within Alter Ego.

Loyalty is the one thing that Alter Ego upholds more than anything else in the world. The thought of betraying his Master would never come to mind, not even once. He wishes for nothing more than to be the loyal friend that his Master needs. To him, “Master” and “friend” are almost synonymous; dogs are known as Man’s Best Friend, after all. He is incredibly upbeat, excitable, and eternally optimistic. In his mind, no matter how long his Master has been away, they will always come back for him one day. That said, he is loyal to a fault, as he will not contract with another Master if his Master does die nor will he notice that his Master is dead; they will come back eventually. Though, it is entirely possible that Alter Ego would be experiencing the first stage of grief; denial.

Whenever Alter Ego’s Noble Phantasm is used, Cerberus takes control. Cerberus is still immensely loyal to his Master, but he is much more vicious and territorial than the other three personalities and will attack anything that he views as an intruder. Unfortunately, he deems anything that is not his Master an intruder and will immediately move to attack. However, he will still stand down if ordered to do so by his Master; he still is a faithful hound, after all. And unlike Hachiko, Cerberus can recognize the death of his Master. Should his Master die, he will be driven to a rampaging fury until he is certain that the one responsible is dead, after which he will peacefully wait until his own end comes. Unfortunately, he is more likely to run out of mana before his revenge can be accomplished.

Relationships:
    Ritsuka Fujimaru: “Let’s be friends! I will never, never leave your side, Master! If you tell me to wait for you, I will patiently wait for you to return because I know that you will one day come back.”

Fou: “That little white dog seems weird. Not sure why. Maybe I can figure out if I sniff his butt a little bit.”

Ereshkigal, King Hassan: The pieces of Cerberus within Alter Ego recognize their scent as being similar to Hades.

Heracles: Cerberus shows fear at the sight of the maddened Heracles.

Tamamo-no-Mae: Laelaps doesn’t really like Tamamo because of her memories of the Teumessian fox.

Odysseus: “Master! It’s so good to see you again! Let’s go hunting! There’s a really big bull here!”
    Argos is overjoyed to see Odysseus after so long. Odysseus feels the same way.

Hessian Lobo: Hachiko, Laelaps, and Argos are terrified of Lobo; Ceberus, on the other hand, doesn’t mind him.

Creator's Notes:
    I love dogs, so when Vance threw this idea out there, I just had to do it. Also, The World Ends With You is one of my favorite games and the Hachiko statue at Shibuya station plays a minor role in that. Honestly, this is one of my favorite sheets that I've made. Maybe I should have done a bit more for Argos and Laelaps, but I didn't really have any ideas and those two are lesser known compared to Cerberus and Hachiko. But whatever, I'm still pleased with how this one turned out.

Also, for those curious about the faceclaim, Koromaru from Persona 3. Even though he is a Shiba Inu rather than an Akita, his backstory is somewhat of a reference to Hachiko and his Persona is Cerberus, so it still fits.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; January 16th, 2019 at 10:35 AM.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    GOODEST BOY IS HERE, YES

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    Thank you very much Lambda! I was looking forward to the sheet.

Also I have an idea for a Mt. Everest who I envision to act like a mother due to one of her names meaning Holy Mother. There is also an idea for a Wendigo servant.
    Last edited by Vance; January 15th, 2019 at 04:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Thank you very much Lambda! I was looking forward to the sheet.
    Glad you like it. Even if it didn't take long and the stories are simple, I really did try to make it as good as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Also I have an idea for a Mt. Everest who I envision to act like a mother due to one of her names meaning Holy Mother.
    ...What?

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    You know, Mt. Everest, the tallest mountain in the world, about 60 million years old, racking up a kill count of about 300 people, designated as one of many hidden valley of a 9th century 'lotus born' Buddhist Saint, and home to another Buddhist who is said to live at its peak.

Blog Entries
    I know that Mt. Everest is an extremely big mountain (though everything else you said after that are things I did not know about it), but even with Red Hare, my own Alter Ego Hachiko sheet, and 34's Voyager 1 sheet, turning a mountain into a Servant is just...so bizarre.

Could someone who has a lot more knowledge of how the Nasuverse works answer a question for me: So...
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Rin said in the VN that machines and animals can become Heroic Spirits.
    Does this also apply to things like mountains?

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Renaud: First of all, that Inversion of Enchantment Skill is quite odd, but original. Now I'm really curious as to how that, particularly the "healing spells hurt" part, would work in FGO. Froberge is also a pretty original Noble Phantasm and I actually like it quite a bit.
    Thanks. If you're curious, Froberge's ability is actually inspired by a real function of the Flamberge sword. Apparently the blade's unusual shape allowed it to transmit special vibrations into the enemy's weapon when parried. The vibrations slowed the ability of the opponent to counter an attack because, with each successive clash the amount of resistance caused by the contact between the two blades increased, slowing the force and velocity of the enemy's weapon. It was either that or a generic "fiery beam-sword" ability, so I decided this interpretation was much more unique and interesting.

A HS candidate, singular nature aside, needs a soul. But honestly can anyone say with certainty that a mountain can't be made into a Servant in [current year]?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    I know that Mt. Everest is an extremely big mountain (though everything else you said after that are things I did not know about it), but even with Red Hare, my own Alter Ego Hachiko sheet, and 34's Voyager 1 sheet, turning a mountain into a Servant is just...so bizarre.

Could someone who has a lot more knowledge of how the Nasuverse works answer a question for me: So...

Does this also apply to things like mountains?
    I recall reading a legend somewhere about a woman who transformed into a mountain, so maybe that could qualify as a Servant. Everest does seem like quite the stretch though.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You can always pull it off as an Elemental that protects the Everest or something like that, similar to what I did with General Frost, but there are other mountains that could fit better as a Servant, like Mt Ebih (the mountain Ishtar destroyed) or the K2 (the Everest's neighbor, which is considered the most dangerous mountain in the world)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Thanks. If you're curious, Froberge's ability is actually inspired by a real function of the Flamberge sword. Apparently the blade's unusual shape allowed it to transmit special vibrations into the enemy's weapon when parried. The vibrations slowed the ability of the opponent to counter an attack because, with each successive clash the amount of resistance caused by the contact between the two blades increased, slowing the force and velocity of the enemy's weapon. It was either that or a generic "fiery beam-sword" ability, so I decided this interpretation was much more unique and interesting.
    Now that is an interesting fact!

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    But honestly can anyone say with certainty that a mountain can't be made into a Servant in [current year]?
    Fair enough...

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Everest does seem like quite the stretch though.
    Exactly!

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Didn't we have an Aztec Servant who got turned into a volcano last thread?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    A HS candidate, singular nature aside, needs a soul. But honestly can anyone say with certainty that a mountain can't be made into a Servant in [current year]?

"Hah, there's no way you would be able to beat him. My Berserker is the greatest mountain of Japan."

"...!? Greatest mountain of Japan, you must mean..."

"Yes. The one standing there is the devil called Mt Fuji."

That's what peak performance looks like.

Blog Entries
    This would be an amazing crackfic!

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    there are other mountains that could fit better as a Servant, like Mt Ebih (the mountain Ishtar destroyed)
    So, I was looking for some more info about the myth of Mt Ebih to check that it has feats to qualify as a Servant and found this:

Author and historian Anne O. Nomis has cited the portrayal of Inanna in the myth of Inanna and Ebih as an early example of the dominatrix archetype
    Mt Ebih with Masochistic Constitution or ​Taste of Bondage when?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I was looking for some more info about the myth of Mt Ebih to check that it has feats to qualify as a Servant and found this:

Mt Ebih with Masochistic Constitution or ​Taste of Bondage when?
    where is the difference in These two skills as Masochistic Constitution but what is the description of Taste of Bondage ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...