Page 786 of 858 FirstFirst ... 286686736776781784785786787788791796836 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,720 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aradia: That's an interesting witch Servant. Her NP doing nothing on its own but letting her teach other people is a neat idea and reflects her motherly personality quite well.

Out of curiosity, how do you think she'd get along with my Tapputi?

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know much about tapputi, but by the way you described her i say that there is very good chance that they would become close friends. One thing with Aradia is that despite having good intentions, she sees herself as a sort of "Adult among children" but the fact that she from the age of gods would probably make Caster see her as a "proper adult" and even consider Tapputi as a possible candidate for her NP.

- - - Updated - - -

I would also like to know your opinion on my last Assassin, since as i said, i want to know if i finally got her right.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    My reaction to Royd's interpretation of Anne Frank can basically be summed up as follows:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^That's understandable. I would never say "I couldn't relate to Anne Frank before writing this sheet" or "this is the only right way to relate to Anne Frank".

In retrospect I can see how the idea of the sheet could be seen as silly and insensitive, but I in my mind (as a person of Jewish descent myself) was trying to express my admiration for Anne Frank by portraying her as a legendary hero alongside the likes of King Arthur and Heracles. I wouldn't go as far as to say I regret writing the sheet, and I won't delete it because that would just be papering over the consequences of my own actions, but I apologize if anyone was offended and will try to avoid treading on such sensitive/controversial subject matter in the future.

And, while it's easy to mock the post you quoted as dumb or callous, I would cut the OP some slack. We're bombarded with tragedy after tragedy in history and the news, and it's humanly impossible to empathize with every victim whose ever suffered. Unless you're a saint it's exceedingly easy to just shut down emotionally and become numb to these sorts of things after a while. It's not a good thing, but it's perfectly human and understandable. If it takes a silly cartoon pony to jolt the OP out of their emotional languor and be able to feel something genuine for those people, I wouldn't begrudge them for it. Any opportunity for empathy is a good thing in my view.

Blog Entries
    Well the god of world-0, I'm impressed that you managed to turn a minor in-universe urban legend into a Servant, but I want to hear what the experts think.

Blog Entries
    Any recommendations for servant sheets comparably or more cursed than Royd's Anne Frank?

Blog Entries
    Cursed like "horror stories and spells" like the god of world-0's Assassin of Semina Apartments sheet, or cursed as in "hot button topic/controversy" like doing a member of the Nazi Party?

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Cursed like "horror stories and spells" like the god of world-0's Assassin of Semina Apartments sheet, or cursed as in "hot button topic/controversy" like doing a member of the Nazi Party?
    I have a feeling that he's talking about the latter.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Cursed as in "cursed image"

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoFay View Post
    She even claims that the Moon Rabbit whom keeps company to Chang’e personally gave to her, her Naginata and his divine blessing. Honestly this may be true, but regardless the forgotten girl has manifested as Lancer Class servant, all be it a rather weak one, welding a divine weapon.
    Just to be clear, the Moon (Jade) Rabbit, which is a Chinese mythic figure, probably won't be handing out to anyone a naginata, a Japanese weapon, out of its personal stash of divine treasures.

East Asian cultures are not homogeneous.

夜属 Nightkin
    Aradia: I sort of love the fact that just a few posts before this sheet there was a short discussion about Revlid and his modern servant design methodology. Then we get this fictional figure from a work from only 1899 who has three EX ranks, all other skills and NP except one at A rank, and that one skill at B.

Blog Entries
    Aradia is not only from a 1899 work. That is only her more appearance.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    "My name is Ou Yezi. My class is Saber. Hmm... You don't look like much but you are my Master, so I suppose I'll play along."

Class: Saber
    True Name Ou Yezi
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance C
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Territory Creation B
    The Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.

Creation of a “Workshop” specializing in the creation of swords becomes possible.

Item Construction EX
    The Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.

Although limited to swords, Saber can create weapons equating the might of Noble Phantasms. In fact, she created eight legendary swords during her life.

Personal Skills
    Wisdom of the Swordsmith B
    A Skill derived from how Saber is believed to have mentored Gan Jiang. This Skill enables Saber to grant another Servant the Item Construction A Skill but those who receive Item Construction from Saber will only be able to create swords. In addition, Saber is also able to know how to best use a sword the instant she takes hold of it.

Double Summon B
    A rare Personal Skill possessed only by a few select Servants, it permits a Servant to simultaneously possess Class Skills from two distinct classes. It is limited only to some of the extra classes, the cavalry classes, and 'modern classes' like Gunner.

In Saber’s case, she possesses Class Skills from the Saber-class and the Caster-class.

Noble Phantasms
    Ba Jian De Ou Yezi
    Eight Swords of Ou Yezi
    A
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Maximum Number of Targets: 1
    The eight swords created by the legendary swordsmith Ou Yezi. Five of them were made for Gan Jiang and King Zhao of Chu while the other three were made for King Goujian of Yue. All eight are of extremely high quality make and possess their own unique abilities.

• Zhanlu
      Sword of Benevolence
      - A sword capable of cutting through most types of magical spells. Its full power can only be used by those with a Good alignment. Additionally, it seems to have some form of intelligence and prefers wielders with kingly character.
    • Juque
      The Giant Sword
      - A sword capable of cutting down foes of immense size. Its power increases for every foot larger the opponent is compared to a normal human.
    • Shengxie
      Defeater of Evil
      - A sword capable of cutting through malicious intent. Due to its nature, it is unable to be wielded by those with an Evil alignment and will instead hurt them.
    • Yuchang
      Sword of Bravery
      - A sword capable of imbuing its wielder with immense courage by “cutting down” the fear within them and any mental interference thaumaturgy. This is an effect of the magecraft used to make the sword, which functions similarly to but is not quite mental interference thaumaturgy.
    • Chunjun
      Majestic Sword of Harmony
      - A sword capable of cutting through madness and chaos, allowing it to temporarily seal Mad Enhancement if it strikes a foe possessing that Skill. In the unlikely event that Chunjun falls into the hands of a Servant with Mad Enhancement, it will be sealed as long as the sword is in their possession.
    • Longyuan
      Integrity Sword of the Dragon’s Abyss
      - A sword capable of cutting through the hide of almost any creature. Its full power can only be used by those with a Lawful alignment and its power will falter if the wielder commits acts that violate their integrity.
    • Tai’e
      True Power Is In Courage Against A Formidable Foe
      - A sword that draws strength from the wielder’s courage to stand before a powerful enemy. If the wielder does not recognize their opponent as powerful, then this sword will not gain any power from them. But when faced with an enemy that they have every right to fear but still face regardless, Tai’e will reveal its full power.
    • Gongbu
      Blade That Cleaves Swords and Armor
      - A sword capable of cutting through almost all types of metal. The most notable exceptions to this are Divine Constructs, but most weapons and armor made by men will be felled by this sword.

Only one of these swords can be summoned at one time. If Saber finds that the sword she has currently summoned does not fit her current situation, she must dismiss it in order to summon the sword that does fit the current situation. In order to summon the sword she wishes to use, Saber must utter this Noble Phantasm’s True Name and then say the name of the sword she needs.

Lore:
    Ou Yezi was a legendary master of sword-making who lived during the Spring and Autumn period of Chinese history. She was renown for the unmatched quality of the swords she made, which none have managed to match nor surpass. Her most notable achievements were the five swords made for King Zhao of Chu and the three swords made for King Goujian of Yue, with all eight becoming legendary. Additionally, she was also the mentor of Gan Jiang and taught him how to become a sword-maker with skill near her level, though he is still not her equal. The exact date of her death is unknown but it was some time before Gan Jiang and Mo Ye created the famous Married Blades, which were named after themselves.

Personality:
    Ou Yezi is incredibly strict with those she takes as her apprentices. She extends this to her Master as well, regardless of whether or not she ends up teaching them the ways of a swordsmith. The training that her students undergo is so rigorous that historical records only note one student of hers that had managed to successfully complete it; Gan Jiang. This is because she approaches her craft with the utmost seriousness and takes great pride in her work.

Despite her incredibly strict demeanor, she shows a slight motherly side towards her students, though that does not mean she will ever go easy on them. Her philosophy when it comes to teaching is that a good teacher must always push the limits of their students’ capabilities, to make them work hard so that they may realize their full potential. If they fail, then they are the only ones to blame because nothing in life worth having is ever won easily. Also, she does have the decency to notify any prospective students of what they are getting into when they approach her for an apprenticeship. Just the same, she will push her Master to work hard if they truly wish to obtain the Holy Grail. If she does not believe her Master to be worthy of the Grail, she might outright betray them to prevent them from obtaining it, particularly if she believes that they are immoral.

Additionally, despite the fact that her profession is in creating weapons of war, Ou Yezi despises those who do evil and firmly believes that a sword should only be used to defend oneself and their country, not to oppress others.

Relationships:
    Ritsuka Fujimaru: “Hm… You’re inexperienced. You are of good character, but you will need to prove that you truly are worthy of reaching the Holy Grail. So, you better be willing to put forth the effort that would require, Master.”

Gan Jiang & Mo Ye: “Ah, so it’s you two. I have heard about the two swords you made. Let me see them. ... They’re of great quality. This is what I’d expect of you, but that you hardly exceeded that is slightly disappointing."

EMIYA (Archer): “All you do is trace and project the swords that you see… I take great offense to that. There is almost no effort involved and the swords you make are not truly your own. How disgraceful…”

Goujian: “Ah, the King of Yue. The swords I made for him are some of my finest work. If I may ask, what do you think of them?”

Muramasa: “…The sword is incredibly well-made but the cut isn’t as clean as it could be. You definitely need to improve on that, particularly by reigning in that bloodthirsty behavior of yours.”

Masamune: “Well, I’m impressed. The metal of the blade is still a bit on the impure side but the blade is majestic and well-made. And it cuts quite cleanly through most things.”

Creator’s Notes:
    I got this idea from Dragolord, I think. Well, whoever it was, I give them credit for this idea.

Now that that’s out of the way, holy crap was this a tricky one to create. Information about Ou Yezi is so incredibly sparse, or at least as far as his personal life goes. But aside from that, I did manage to find quite a bit of information about the swords he created. I chose to leave about information regarding the specific tales about each, but many of them did provide good ideas for each sword’s abilities. Though, I had to come up with some from scratch, such as Gongbu and Juque, particularly the former.

After this, I’ve got Berserker Iyemon, Berserker Kagutsuchi, Rider Bull Demon King, Rider John Silver, Assassin Catherine II, and Lancer Conall Cernach coming up.

Also, I'm having trouble finding FCs for this. Help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; August 29th, 2019 at 10:47 PM.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

夜属 Nightkin
    ...and those other appearances would be? Who wrote about her?

Please don't tell me she's actually Herodias, who's actually Lilith, who's the daughter of Diana and Lucifer.

Blog Entries
    I am just saying, she is and actual character in Italian folklore. If she is Herodias or not, i left it purposefully ambiguous (i don't know anything about lilith, it's the first i hear about that), but i can also point 14th century Aradia di Toscana.

Fate / White Memoria

夜属 Nightkin
    ...who was a mortal woman who learned witchcraft through her family and led a minor, short lived revival in the old religion from her region.

Whose story was distorted and merged with other things by Leland for his own purposes.

Sun Wukong took cues from Hanuman, folklore about a gibbon species that lived Ancient China that later went extinct, a myth about Erlang Shen subduing a family of monkey/ape demons, and a guy that helped the real monk Xuanzang. But Sun Wukong is still none of those. He is the representation of a unfetterd mind and a creation of Wu Chengen.
    Last edited by Theoneandonlyz; August 20th, 2019 at 11:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    And yet wukong is a character in the nasuverse, with all his abilities, original or not.
    I just saying that Aradia is perfectly eligible as a servant, and I don't think i am wrong in giving her the powers she is supposed to have.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, who else would have witchcraft EX if not the freaking queen of witches.

Fate / White Memoria

夜属 Nightkin
    "appeared" in koha-ace, yes. For all that implied about her. And eventually going to be showing up in FGO because money is the only thing that matters in this world. And it's going to piss me off to no end.

But until she does I can still hope she's not going to be a pile of shit. Even if that's entirely in vain.

I would argue that the "queen of witches" title really should belong to someone else. I don't know...like Hecate, Louhi, or Baba Yaga.
    Last edited by Theoneandonlyz; August 21st, 2019 at 12:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    And i would actually argue that they are a little bit above it. I mean calling hecate the queen of witches is a little bit of a Nerf when she is literally a goddess. Part of Aradia's legend is that she is very powerful, not giving her that power would make her less accurate to her legend.

Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    So, anyone got an opinion on my Ou Yezi sheet?

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets