Page 796 of 858 FirstFirst ... 296696746786791794795796797798801806846 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,920 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

  1. #15901
    Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    5,648
    Blog Entries
    5
    When you say a "Dinosaur Servant", what exactly are we talking about?

    Is it just a simple "I fused with the Megalosaurus I discovered" kind of deal?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"


  2. #15902
    死徒 Dead Apostle Bugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Age
    27
    Posts
    714
    Basically. Considering he had a habit of zoophagy and allegedly ate Louis XIV's heart, I didn't think it'd be that big of a stretch. How to interpret dinosaurs within "canon" is another question entirely, but Buckland himself left me some good material to use.
    I guess it's just other than that he didn't contribute very much? It was a lot of propping up other people's ideas through his influence.

  3. #15903
    神秘 Obscure Shiki-pon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    800
    JP Friend Code
    465,748,501
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I vote for Göngu-Hrólfr for the simple basis that the Scandinavian Servants that aren't Odin/Thor/Loki etc etc need some love. That and I'd be interested in seeing how you handle him.
    In a weird way is the answer.


    FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Saber, Berserker
    True Name: Göngu-Hrólfr
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Scandinavia (10th century)
    Armament: Sword, axe, shield

    Parameters:
    STR: A
    END: B+
    AGI: D
    MANA: D
    LUCK: B
    NP: C+

    Skills
    Class Skills

    Magic Resistance - Rank D: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

    Riding - Rank -: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Though Riding is usually a prerequisite for his class, Rider lacks it entirely due to his exceedingly large frame, preventing him from riding any beast that existed in his age. He somewhat makes up for this lack by the possession of the Voyager of the Storm Skill.

    Personal Skills

    Eye of the Mind (True) - Rank C: A heightened capacity for observation, refined through training, discipline and experience. A danger-avoidance ability that utilizes the intelligence collected up to the current time as the basis in order to predict the opponent’s activity and change the current situation. This is not a result of talent, but an overwhelming amount of combat experience. A weapon wielded by none other than a mortal, gained through tenacious training. So long as there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.
    Having embarked as a viking in his youth, Rider possesses the experience in battle to overturn even the grimmest of situations.

    Voyager of the Storm - Rank B: The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics.
    As the commander of a longship, Rider is well versed in the command of a seafaring vessel. His talent at leadership was further honed once he settled down as a servant of the French king.

    Disengage - Rank C: The ability to withdraw from the battlefield in the midst of combat or reset the battle conditions.
    Bonus effect of returning battle conditions to what they were at the beginning of the match. In life, Rider knew when to retreat, saving him from many a bloodbath and ambush.

    Noble Phantasm

    Rushing Ship Strike
    Glima Skip Thjóta

    Anti-Unit, Rank C
    A highly unorthodox method of using a ship for combat. Glima Skip Thjóta is a Noble Phantasm born of the lightweight construction of the ships of Rider’s people. Aided by this quality, it was entirely possible for a crew to bodily lift their ship and carry it to another body of water. Naturally, feats of strength, such as a person dragging a ship by themselves were attempted and appreciated by Rider’s vikings.
    In order to use Glima Skip Thjóta, Rider summons his longship, which carried him and his men on raids throughout France and Europe. Rather than requiring water to travel in, Rider simply grasps the ship by its bow and charges the enemy, dragging the ship behind him in a show of brute strength. Bringing the vessel around, he then bludgeons the opponent with it repeatedly before running the enemy over with the bulk of the ship.
    Though this use of the Noble Phantasm is far more like that of a Berserker than a Rider, Rider is unaccustomed to the thought of fighting from atop a mount or a vehicle. As such, he would rather use what is summoned as a weapon.

    Description
    Likes: Encountering new traditions, feats of strength
    Dislikes: Acts of supplication, small buildings
    Talents: Holding a position, making friends in high places
    Natural Enemy: Edward III

    Rider’s true identity is Göngu-Hrólfr, the Lord of the Normans.

    Hrólfr is an honourable warrior. Though he is outwardly like a stereotypical viking: boisterous, battle-hungry and carrying a steadfast devotion toward the gods; he is not without a calculating side. Hrólfr would be insulted if another called him a schemer, but he approaches problems based on possible profit rather than simply the prospect of fighting or glory - a personality trait that shines through even to this form from his youth. As such, he avoids needless risks, despite his enjoyment of showing off his strength. After all, it’s much safer to show off while also succeeding.
    Due to his sheer size and mass, Hrólfr has a troubled relationship with small things, especially buildings, mounts and vehicles. He thoroughly enjoys the benefits of his stature, but hates the awkwardness that comes from living in a world made for smaller men. Hrólfr also finds enjoyment in encountering traditions he is not already familiar with, finding purpose outside of war and profit in the discovery of the new.
    As a viking, Hrólfr has a respect for other seafarers, roving warriors, and raiders. He also feels kinship towards those blessed with an equally large stature as he, feeling that they might share some of his problems with the world around them. He does, however, feel somewhat envious of a certain conquering king for managing to find a horse large enough to carry him around, something Hrólfr never experienced. He does not particularly like schemers and approaches mystics with a degree of suspicion. Hrólfr also doesn’t get along well with haughty and self-assured people, be they kings or warriors. Despite the risk inherent in such an endeavour, he would like to see them taken down a peg.
    Hrólfr mostly gets along well with his Master, serving as their loyal shield. Though a Servant, he conducts himself as one would in a business relationship, considering the bond between Master and Servant to be similar to the contract that gave him Normandy. He is, however, still used to being a leader rather than a Servant, and as such requests that his Master refrain from using Command Spells to strongarm him into doing their bidding. If this edict is not followed, Hrólfr will most likely try to make his Master’s life as difficult as he can without risking success in the Holy Grail War.
    Hrólfr, interested as he is in his legacy, would wish for his line to eventually become the royal line of France. Should this be fulfilled, he could not only boast of securing land for him and his men but also for “conquering” France itself without even breaking his agreement with Charles III.

    Lore
    Though Hrólfr’s exact origins are unknown due to contradictory tales, though it is said that he was born of noble lineage among the Norwegians. In his youth, his size quickly became such that was so no horse could carry him, earning him the byname “the walker”, Göngu.
    Leaving Norway to embark on pirating expeditions and raid England, Scotland, and Flanders, Hrólfr headed into France around 911 and settled along the Seine, besieging Paris. Charles III (the Simple) of France was able to hold Rollo off for a while, but he eventually negotiated a treaty to stop him. The treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte gave Hrólfr part of Nuestria in return for his agreement that he and his fellow Vikings would stop pillaging any further in France. It is believed that he and his men may have converted to Christianity, and it is recorded that he was baptized in 912; however, the available sources conflict and one states that Hrólfr "died a pagan."
    Because the region was settled by Northmen or "Normans," the territory took on the name "Normandy," and Rouen became its capital. Before Hrólfr died he turned over the governance of the duchy to his son, William I (Longsword).

  4. #15904
    Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    5,648
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs
    Basically. Considering he had a habit of zoophagy and allegedly ate Louis XIV's heart, I didn't think it'd be that big of a stretch. How to interpret dinosaurs within "canon" is another question entirely, but Buckland himself left me some good material to use.
    I guess it's just other than that he didn't contribute very much? It was a lot of propping up other people's ideas through his influence.
    NGL, I'm struggling to come up with ideas for him in the Berserker Class. Kinda feels like it restricts him a little too much since his method of fame was science based. :/

    FWIW, his work proved it was indeed possible to reconstruct pre-historic events through scientific analysis. Based on that, had I been the one making the Sheet I would've worked around that and made him a Caster Class Servant whose primary ability would be to reconstruct things from the ground, from buildings to animals or even ... an army of fossil knights. Basically the older the reconstruction the stronger the creation ends up i.e a modern fossil human is very weak but an ancient Jurassic dinosaur is like near Divine Beast level or something.

    Of course that's just me rambling, take no notice and follow your heart's desire in creating a Sheet.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"


  5. #15905
    死徒 Dead Apostle Bugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Age
    27
    Posts
    714
    No no, thank you very much!
    This is definitely part of why I struggled, Berserker was the only class I could think of that could possibly contain a dinosaur-humanoid, so I guess it was a mistake to work backwards from that concept in the first place. I also don't think I'm alone in getting tired of the concept of "artist/author/scientist=get in the Caster Class, peasant" but you've made a convincing argument for me to try it that way too.

    "If it ain't broke"
    Last edited by Bugs; September 14th, 2019 at 06:16 PM.

  6. #15906
    神秘 Obscure Shiki-pon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    800
    JP Friend Code
    465,748,501
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldownnow View Post
    Wow black Rider is interesting. I have no idea how you could even fight that. You’d definitely need to beat “him” in one go since the longer “he’s” around the more likely it is to be affected by come and see. Maybe a super specialized hero like Tawara who seems like a slightly better natural enemy’s since Spartacus just fights oppression through force which can’t really beat famine(unless there’s an interesting way his skills interact) while Tawara will sort of remove the cause and decrease giving to all. Other than that probably just kill the master.
    I figured that Tawara's Bale of Inexhaustibility would counter the Black Rider's abilities as long as he doesn't stray too close (in which case Black Rule would probably kick in and start harming his NP). I slapped Spartacus as the Natural Enemy due to the oppression bit.
    And I'd imagine all of the Horsemen share the "difficult to beat" part due to being much closer to concepts than Heroic Spirits. Of course, killing the Master is always a go-to solution.

  7. #15907
    Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    5,648
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    I also don't think I'm alone in getting tired of the concept of "artist/author/scientist=get in the Caster Class, peasant" but you've made a convincing argument for me to try it that way too.
    To be fair, you could always follow the Sherlock example and boot him into the Ruler Class because he "sees the objective truth" which destroys Mystery or something.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"


  8. #15908
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    That's no Servant, that's just a midboss Jojo Stand.

    I kid, but Black Rider looks like he can work remarkably well as either. The idea that famine is tied to economic oppression is very neat, but I'm also guilty of being one of those people that pays little attention to Famine, so I wouldn't know one way or the other.
    I almost wish "he" didn't have a personality at all, and the scales had to be manipulated manually by the Master, but I can see why you gave him the bare minimum like Pale Rider.
    Yeah, it's basically Marilyn Manson. Also, I like that "he" was written very similarly to how Pale Rider is depicted in FSF.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    To be fair, you could always follow the Sherlock example and boot him into the Ruler Class because he "sees the objective truth" which destroys Mystery or something.
    Also, about William Buckland, maybe he could have a similar Origin to Lio since he is most famous for eating things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  9. #15909
    死徒 Dead Apostle Bugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Age
    27
    Posts
    714
    Buckland isn't like Tarrare, he definitely still belongs in the scientist caste, however his eating everything would play into the function Buckland thought dinosaurs provided in a pre-adamitic world.

    I'll just keep working and let the thread get back on track
    Last edited by Bugs; September 14th, 2019 at 06:39 PM.

  10. #15910
    吸血鬼 Vampire cooldownnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    186
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    I figured that Tawara's Bale of Inexhaustibility would counter the Black Rider's abilities as long as he doesn't stray too close (in which case Black Rule would probably kick in and start harming his NP). I slapped Spartacus as the Natural Enemy due to the oppression bit.
    And I'd imagine all of the Horsemen share the "difficult to beat" part due to being much closer to concepts than Heroic Spirits. Of course, killing the Master is always a go-to solution.
    Well I guess that's really all up to how inexhaustible the bale of inexhaustibility is, although range wise he is an archer so he's got that down. It's your sheet so you decide how it interacts but I think in the narrative either Tawara would be the one to beat Black Rider after everyone fails then die of wounds because type moon.


    My Servant Compendium


    Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

  11. #15911
    死徒 Dead Apostle Dragolord09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    30
    Posts
    953
    Say cooldownnow, where any of the suggestions I made for your next project helpful or not?

  12. #15912
    神秘 Obscure Shiki-pon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    800
    JP Friend Code
    465,748,501
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldownnow View Post
    Well I guess that's really all up to how inexhaustible the bale of inexhaustibility is, although range wise he is an archer so he's got that down. It's your sheet so you decide how it interacts but I think in the narrative either Tawara would be the one to beat Black Rider after everyone fails then die of wounds because type moon.
    Point on the Archer front in regards to range. I guess the most effective method of standing up to the Black Rider (outside of just murdering "his" Master) would be Tawara keeping a group of Servants fed for long enough for the group to somehow manage to beat "him".

  13. #15913
    吸血鬼 Vampire cooldownnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    186
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Say cooldownnow, where any of the suggestions I made for your next project helpful or not?
    Unfortunately most of them either had too many members already for me to feel comfortable putting my own spin on the entire group or I just don't know enough about them.


    My Servant Compendium


    Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

  14. #15914
    God bless America.

    The Berserker of the United States of America
    UNCLE SAM

    "I want you!"


    Class: Berserker
    True Name: Uncle Sam
    Other Classes: Archer, Rider, Assassin, Avenger, Alter-Ego, Ruler, Saver
    Alignment: Patriotic Good
    Place of Origin: The Good Ol' US of A

    Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: EX
    AGI: C
    MGI: D
    LUCK: A
    NP: EX

    Bio
    Born on the 4th of July, Uncle Sam is the Spirit of the Government of the United States. Columbia, god bless her heart, is the land, the physical country's soul made manifest, and Uncle Sam is her beloved patriots, fighting every day to defend her from those who'd do her harm. Don't let the title 'Spirit of the Government' fool you, he's by the people, of the people, and for the people. Democracy means that everyone has a say in the government, in theory, and thus he can be thought of as the embodiment of every American. He came into existence the moment the Declaration of Independence's ink was dry, and has remained ever vigilant over the country he exists to love.

    Due to existence as a conceptual, near deific entity, however, Sam normally wouldn't have a physical form to summon as a Servant. Thankfully, one Mr. Samuel Wilson from New York has become heavily associated with our favorite Uncle, meaning he can sorta 'hijack' his physical being and use it as a medium through which to manifest in reality. Or something. It's not entirely clear what's going on.


    Personality
    Likes: Democracy, Freedom, Baseball, Apple Pie
    Dislikes: Oppression, Ratzis, Commies
    Talents: Oration, Leadership
    Natural Enemy: Those who would threaten the people of United States of America.

    Summoned as a Berserker, Sam takes on a more patriotic, aggressive persona, the sort adopted by the American public in times of war. He's loving to his allies and merciless to his enemies, though those who surrender can expect mercy. When not facing liberty hating creeps, however, Sam is quite personable and jovial, living up to his moniker of 'Uncle' by trying his best to entertain, cheer people up, and give sage (if a little old fashioned) advice to those who need it.


    Skills
    Class Skills

    Mad Enhancement: C
    He gains Strength and Agility, but his patriotic fervor is peaked. Uniquely, Uncle Sam's Mad Enhancement only activates when he's faced with something truly 'Un-American', the severity of the trigger determining the severity of his reaction. Examples of such stimuli include dictators (and those who abuse governmentally-derived power in general), bigotry, and Communism.

    Essentially, he keeps his wits about him, unlike other Berserkers, but tends to act irrationally and motivated by 'righteous fury', as opposed to his general, gentle demeanor.

    Counter Hero: A
    Er, 'Counter Hero' is a bit of a misnomer. Uncle Sam's version of this skill is limited to Counter Tyrant. It passively debuffs all those in Sam's presence he would consider to be oppressors-- dictators, certain monarchs and emperors, and perhaps even those of the Ruler class...

    Personal Skills

    Charisma: A
    He's got a way with people. Especially Americans, or those sympathetic to America or its ideals. However, this skill lowers if he's speaking with somebody who is fundamentally opposed to the American way.

    Nature of a Rebellious Spirit: A
    He doesn't like bullies.

    Proud to be an American: EX
    Sam has what is essentially a passive aura around him at all times, which makes those he interacts with (who hail from America) to become more patriotic in his presence, if only slightly so, and those who are from the USA will find themselves unconsciously drawn to like Uncle Sam.. Additionally, it allows him to instantly know the Country of Origin of any given Servant he sees, but only if that country is, in fact, the United States.

    Military Tactics: C
    Normally, this would be ranked higher, but summoning him as a Berserker has lowered it down to a C from its usual rank of A.


    Noble Phantasms

    When summoned as a Berserker, Uncle Sam has the following Noble Phantasms, out of his multitude of possible ones.

    E Pluribus Unum
    We the People

    Rank: Variable
    Type: Anti-Concept

    A Noble Phantasm that embodies 'America' as an extension of its people. Drawing on all the patriotism in the nation, like some sort of red white and blue Spirit Bomb, Uncle Sam creates a spectral eagle. The eagle is just an especially unsubtle physical form given to the gathered patriotism-turned-energy, not an actual eagle. The eagle is released into the air, where it proceeds to dive straight down and release a massive wave of star-spangled energy. This wave doesn't produce any physical destruction, and has a range of over a mile.

    This wave of patriotism with either harm or heal Servants and Masters alike based on their conceptual Americanism. Due to America's nature as a melting pot, blind to race, sex, creed, origin, etc., 'Americanism' is not based on being an actual American citizen or not, but on one's embodiment of American ideals, though having a strong connection to the country aside from that would certainly help. For instance, somebody like Marie Antoinette, despite not being a necessarily bad person, represents the oppression of the masses on a 'conceptual' level, and thus it would harm her more than others, while Christopher Columbus, despite not being American and being kind of a shit, would be more helped than hurt due to his near-mythical status as the 'discoverer' of America. Edison and Paul Bunyan, meanwhile, would become stronger than ever under the effects of E Pluribus Unum.

    The 'Variable' rank of this Noble Phantasm comes from its basis as a coalescence of the American Spirit. Essentially, its power can range from D to EX depending on where and when it's used. If used in an area where anti-American sentiment flourishes, such as if you for some reason summoned Uncle Sam to the Soviet Union during the Cold War, it would be nearly powerless, and similarly if used in the United States during the Vietnam War, it would only be low-B rank due to the tumultuous political climate at the time. Meanwhile, used in times of national pride-- post-World War II, the Fourth of July, etc-- its power increases exponentially. Similarly, using it in a physical place of great national importance, such as Mount Rushmore or Washington D.C., will increase its power on a base level.

    Pax Americana
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

    Rank: A
    Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Army

    A Noble Phantasm that embodies 'America' as a military superpower, fitting Sam's role as Berserker. With it, Uncle Sam can summon absolutely anything in the United States' military arsenal to aid him in battle, their nature as part of his Noble Phantasm allowing things like guns and bombs to harm other Servants. The high ranking is due to the relatively low Mana cost of this NP vs the effectiveness in combat-- the only limit on his available weapons is what the United States has at its disposal, which is to say, practically limitless.

    Sam is immune to the effects of his own weaponry summoned by his Noble Phantasm, as are his allies. The surroundings, however, are not immune to the damage his weapons incur, and Sam isn't crazy about collateral damage, so he's not likely to go nuking enemies willy-nilly.

    There are, however, three trade-offs. This Noble Phantasm not being able to be activated until an opponent initiates combat against Sam. It's meant to be a deterrent-- he hopes he never has to actually use it. Second, he can only use it to its full effectiveness in the territory of the United States. Even being in international waters or just over the border to Canada severely weakens this Noble Phantasm's capabilities. The third drawback is that he's limited by the opponent he's using them against, in that his weaponry is more or less effective based on how 'American' the target is, similar to his E Plurbus Unum Noble Phantasm detailed above.

    Last edited by kiwi; September 14th, 2019 at 07:52 PM.

  15. #15915
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,453
    AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!!In all seriousness, love the sheet and it's balance between sober narration and over-the-top humor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  16. #15916
    死徒 Dead Apostle Kamerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Melbourne
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    552
    ok boomer

  17. #15917
    Hey! Are you ready to go? RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Anima City
    Age
    52
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    1
    James Ross: His first and last NPs are somewhat interesting, but you lose major points for blatantly copying most of his Skills and second NP from Funderful's James Ross sheet.

    Like, dude, that's on this very same thread, how did you expect to get away with it? Furthermore, I might not've clued in right away if you hadn't referred to Ross as "her" in Insanity's description (obviously a relic of Funderful's genderbent version), so you're not just a plagiarist but a clumsy one as well. This is not a good impression to make. I don't mean to be needlessly harsh since there actually are some interesting ideas here in Ross's backstory and NPs, but making your very first sheet and post here a blatant plagiarism isn't going to win you any favors.

  18. #15918
    Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    5,648
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    In a weird way is the answer.
    Hmm...seems there was a bit of confusion on my end. When you said "Göngu-Hrólf", I assumed you meant the Göngu-Hrólfs Saga but as it turns out you meant Göngu-Hrólf (Rollo) instead.

    Oh well, it was still an entertaining read either ways and up to your usual standards. Kudos~
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"


  19. #15919
    死者 The Dead
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    York
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Blog Entries
    1
    Class: Berserker
    Other Class:Assassin, Avenger, Caster
    True Name: Cain
    Titles: Father/King of Murder/Killers, Father of Cities
    Alignment:Chaotic Neutral(I know, seems like an odd choice, but will be explained)
    Region of Origin:Christianity

    Parameters:Normal (Skill/Noble Phantasm enhancement)
    Strength: B+
    Endurance: C(EX)
    Agility:C
    Mana: A+
    Luck: D-
    Noble Phantasm: A++

    Height: 6’3”
    Weight: 80kg
    Gender: Male
    Blood Type: Unknown
    Birthday: Unknown
    Likes: N/A(Due to Mad Enhancement)
    Dislikes: N/A(Due to Mad Enhancement)
    Talents: Murder
    Armaments: Jawbone

    Lore:

    This is the biblical Berserker, son of Adam and Eve, brother of Abel, the first human to die. The beginnings of his story are the same as the biblical one, as Berserker, a farmer, murders his brother with a jawbone after his brothers offering to the lord was taken in higher consideration than his. In response, the lord cursed him to walk the earth forever and no longer be able to tend to the land.

    Where the story differs is that Berserkerdoes live for eternity, living through the Age of Gods, Age of Man, the time of Notes, and then alone on the dead Earth until the death of the universe. During this time, Berserkereventually isolated himself from the world, unable to deal with forming connections to those who would be dead in the blink of his eye.

    Due to this isolation, Berserkerwas left with only his thoughts for company. This constant thinking over events that in which he could clearly remember his actions, but not his reasons, eventually led him to feel remorse for his actions. This caused him to turn his hatred for the Abrahamic God and his brother onto himself, creating a cycle that eventually led him to insanity, and, therefore, his Berserker class.

    Personality:

    Berserkerdoesn’t truly manifest a personality in this form, as his madness enhancement has left him without enough reason to form tangible thought. However, on a subconscious level, his wish for the grail still drives him. To erase the moment, he murdered Abel from history, allowing him to die and his brother to live a full life.

    Class Skills:

    Mad Enhancement: B
    Berserkerbenefits from the rank-up to his stats but suffers for the fact that he is no longer able to think clearly, limiting his utilisation of his second Noble Phantasm.

    Magic Resistance: A+
    Cancels all magecraft of A rank or bellow, no matter they High Thaumaturgy. Berserker has existed almost since the creation of the first man, and so has a ridiculous amount of Mystery, almost comparable to Divine Beasts like Bašmu. This means that when compared to modern magecraft he functions as a Magus Killer. He can even be said to be something that most Caster Servants would preferably avoid encountering

    Personal Skills:

    Killing Machine:A+++
    A skill that marks it possessors as those that can be considered incarnations of murder. Killing Machine allows its wielders to utilise any item that comes into their possession as a tool for instilling death to other living beings. Berserkers’ version of this skill is the epitome as he is the Origin of the concept its basis stems from. This allows him to utilise any item that comes into his hands as an efficient killing tool.

    Eternal Wanderer: EX
    A skill that serves as Battle Continuation and Nature of a Rebellious Spirit of equal rank and boosts the servants Endurance to equal rank. Due to the lords’ curse on Berserkerthat he will walk the earth forever, he can only be defeated by the death of his master or critical damage to his Mana flow.

    Opposition to the Gods:B+
    A skill that acts like a specialised version of Counter Hero, causing any servant with Divinity to have a rank-down. In life Berserker murdered Abel, someone favoured by the Abrahamic God, and continued to found a civilization of people who scorned said God and ignored his teachings, the Cainites.

    Noble Phantasm:

    Mark of Cain:
    Sevenfold Vengeance Granted by the Lord: A Anti-Unit(Self)
    The cursed blessing placed upon Berserker by the Abrahamic God as punishment for his murder of his brother crystallised as a Noble Phantasm. This Noble Phantasm has a passive and active ability. It passively produces an invisible aura that causes plant life to die when any part of his body comes in contact with it. It actively has the ability to perform an attack seven times stronger than that which hit him.

    The mark takes the form as a set of thick black lines in a symmetric pattern across his body, with a cross on his forehead. Despite their appearance as simple solid black markings, on closer inspection, the marks are revealed to be made up of intricate imagery inscribed in varying shades of black.

    In his current state, Berserker is unable to exert any amount of control over the mark and so it is always in its active state. This manifests as a thick black miasma that seems to cling to Berserkers’ body, serving to hide his features.

    Despite its overwhelming ability to incur damage seven times that dealt to him, Mark of Cain has five main faults:

    First, due to the Noble Phantasms nature as being conveyed by the Abrahamic God, he is the only one it cannot affect. This fact is reflected by the flaw that items and magecraft with Holy properties can reduce the amount of damage incurred by the retaliation produced when they are used to harm Berserker, as they share the concept with the marks’ creator. Therefore, an item with EX rank Holy properties would have no retaliation, whilst an attack with A rank Holy properties would have an equal retaliation and so on.

    Second, despite the fact the mark is a punishment, it falls under the definition of a blessing due to its protective nature. This means that its Holy properties will decrease the strength of attacks with cursed or Demonic properties proportional to the amount of power required to retaliate, going so far as nullifying the damage. Whilst this is a benefit, its drawback comes in the form that the retaliations strength is based on how much damage IS dealt, not SHOULD be dealt.

    Third, when attacks containing divinity of any level encounter the mark, the two divinities come into conflict, causing a strange anomaly that causes the retaliation to form as an omni-directional wave, which greatly weakens the strength of the effect, instead of a precision counterstrike at the offending party.

    Fourth, The Marks retaliation cannot change the underlining rank of the attack, and so it is more correct to describe the retaliation to a strike of E rank, for example, as seven of those same strikes performed at once, instead of a single E rank strike seven times more powerful.

    Fifth and finally, the retaliation has a delay between the offending attack hitting, and the retaliation being launched that allows enemies to prepare defences or utilise the terrain to put objects between them and the attack to decrease its strength.

    Father of Murder: [I know, not a great name. Still thinking of a better one]
    Weapons Born from Death, To Bring Death:EX Anti-Unit/Anti-Life
    Berserkers’ status as the forebearer of murderers crystallised as a Noble Phantasm as the ability to manifest any weapon that can be used for killing. These weapons manifest as the primordial blueprint for all weapons of their respective category, and so hold the strongest version of the concept to kill. Due to Berserkers class the true capabilities of this phantasm are unreachable, even through command seal.

    Due to Mad Enhancement, Berserker does not have the mental fortitude necessary to manifest weapons more complex than a bow and arrow. Crossbows are beyond Berserkers’ mental abilities, let alone firearms or explosives.

    For this same reason, Berserker is no longer able to incant the Aria needed to activate the weapons true Anti-Life ability. Therefore, Berserker can only use the passive ability that wounds created through these weapons cannot be healed through supernatural means, as any mystery that the wound comes in contact with causes it to become more severe.

    Interesting Anecdotes:

    All of Cains’ servant forms have the Noble Phantasms Mark of Cain: Sevenfold Vengeance Granted by the Lord and Father of Murder: Weapons Born from Death, To Bring Death

    Of Cains’ servant forms, it is actually Assassin is actually his weakest, due to his relative youth when manifested in that form, followed by Avenger, due to his self-destructive nature, Berserker is next and Caster is his strongest, due to possessing amazing physical parameters for his class and masterful control of his Noble Phantasms.

    Due to Cains’ origins being from before the Tower of Babel, he can speak the unified language, all though due to his inability to speak as a Berserker, it is not even worth mentioning.

    Wow, that... That took me far longer than I expected. Hope you like it!
    Last edited by King of the End, Verthranga; September 15th, 2019 at 04:04 AM.

  20. #15920
    Chocolate Goddess Reaper of Remnant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Remnant
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    138
    US Friend Code
    304966535
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    God bless America.
    I've never really understood America's obsession with patriotism, but this Sheet is pretty funny. How much of a compliment this is coming from someone on the other side of the world whose sole experience with America was one trip to San Francisco over 15 years ago, I dunno, but still. I had a laugh.
    Favourite Servants List
    Saber
    Archer Lancer Caster Rider Assassin Berserker
    Nero Claudius William
    Tell
    Elizabeth Bathory Nzambi Marie Antoinette Jack the Ripper Darius III
    Le Chevalier D'Eon Ishtar Vlad III (Extra) Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova Astolfo Wu Zetian Beowulf


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •