Page 805 of 858 FirstFirst ... 305705755795800803804805806807810815855 ... LastLast
Results 16,081 to 16,100 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What a nice guy, I really like him. And he's one of the few Persian heroes that have been made in the forum, so this sheet is more than welcome. Now, I wonder if you have any plans on doing a sheet for Sudabeh.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not at the moment, as the other Persians I'm looking into are Hafez and Kay Khosrow. The Shahnameh is full of good Servant candidates, though, which is why I was surprised that nobody had bothered to make sheets for many of them (plenty of Rostams, though).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Not at the moment, as the other Persians I'm looking into are Hafez and Kay Khosrow. The Shahnameh is full of good Servant candidates, though, which is why I was surprised that nobody had bothered to make sheets for many of them (plenty of Rostams, though).
    I know right? I know I've made my fair share of Rostams but Esfandiyar is just as cool and Siyavash is great. I actually have a half made version of him in my servant collection I was planning on finishing soon.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

Blog Entries
    Saber V Saber

Saber, Lancer, and their masters sat in their shared base going over the events of the war.

“Caster,” Andrea, Lancer’s master, started, “has been killed.”

Saber clenched his fist in fear. Despite having two knight classes they had held off on attacking Caster. His defenses had been impenetrable.

“How!” Lancer shouted banging her fist on the table. “The only servant I would have believed could come close to beating him is Rider and we would have sensed it if he went all out.”

“Assassin.” Andrea said. “I had my familiars examine the scene and many there were what looked like bullet holes throughout the area.

Saber’s blood ran even colder. An Assassin that could break through those defenses. What hope did their base have of holding them off.

Andrea continued. “The stalemate has now been broken and we have out first casualty. We have to decide who we want to go after first.”

What? They just found out Assassin is even more dangerous than they had thought and they wanted to go on the offensive.

“We obviously need to go after Assassin right?” Lancer said. “We can’t act how we want as long as he’s out there.”

“But what about Berserker?” Greg, Saber’s master, said speaking up for the first time in the meeting. “We don’t even know anything about them. All we do know is that the master of Berserker went into a hole at the beginning of the war and hasn’t left since summoning his servant.”

Now Saber was reminded of the complete unknown element. He was getting really panicked. Lancer glanced at him and put her hand over his. He immediately felt himself calm down.

“How about,” Lancer said. “we take a moment to clear our heads. Saber and I will patrol our territory and then come back. Then we can figure out our next course of action.

Their masters looked at each other and then nodded.

Saber and Lancer went out and checked on the bounded field that surrounded their forest hideout. “How would we even know?” Saber asked. “I-I mean Caster’s fields were much stronger than ours are and A-Assassin still managed to kill him.”

Lancer put a hand on Saber’s shoulder. “Just breath Saber. No servant is invincible we just have to figure out what his weakness is, besides we aren’t dead yet so that means something.”

Saber took a deep breath and thought about it. She was right of course, if Assassin could kill them any time they wanted then they would already be dead. Saber was about to thank Lancer when they sensed their territory being breached. Lancer immediately shot off to where the intruder was but Saber hesitated for a moment before joining her.

By the time he made it anger had already locked blades with the Servant and seeing who it was caused Saber to freeze in place. “S-Siegfried!”

Lancer glanced back at Saber then had to leap back to avoid a slash from the dragon slayer. “This guy is Siegfried?” Lancer asked.

Saber nodded unable to speak. “Lucky us then. You’ve already managed to beat him then!” She clapped Saber on the back and he blanched. Yes he had beaten him, but he had gotten lucky, and Siegfried hadn’t seemed to be using his full power.

“He has not defeated me though.” And from behind a tree a second servant appeared. She was small and waifs, with strange white tattoos all over her body. “E-Etzel!” The kind who had given him shelter was there as well!

Lancer leveled her spear at Etzel, and then pointed it back at Siegfried. “Any tips on fighting these two Saber?”

Saber looked at the determination in her eyes and knew that running away was not going to be an option. “I-I’ll handle Siegfried. When fighting Etzel look out for her range, that sword can extend into a w-whip and catch you off guard in addition to that her s-strength is h-higher than her frame would s-suggest. Lastly don’t let her summon her N-Noble Phantasm. Even y-your spear will f-fall before it.”

Lancer smiled. “Thanks for the advice.” Then gave him a small peck on the lips before ramming into Etzel spear first knocking them both out of sight.

Saber took out Eckisax and pointed the large blade at his old friend. “H-how’re you even h-here?” Saber asked. “I can tell y-you and E-Etzel were Saber classes but I-I’m the Saber of this war. An i-illusion?”

“Sorry, but I can’t answer that. All I can say is that our master has ordered us to fill the Holy Grail with the should of the servants in this war. Now then Dietrich von Bern, a continuation of our battle all those centuries ago!” Green energy began to swirl around Siegfried as he readied himself for battle.

As much as he disliked the idea Saber had to respond in kind with red energy emitting from his large frame.

Fighting Siegfried was unlike any other opponent Saber had faced prior or had ever faced again. One would assume that a being with indestructible skin would be like a mighty oak, never faltering and overwhelming with his large presence. However he was more akin to a bolt of lightning, faster than the eye could see and hitting with more power than you could possibly expect.

This fight was no different with Saber unable to catch most of Siegfried’s sword strikes as they brought out a multitude of small cuts in the weak points of his armor.

“Y-you’re not doing any significant damage this time. Not anything that would t-trigger my rage.”

Siegfried nodded. “Last time we fought I underestimated your infamous temper, but now I won’t allow you to bring it out.” He rushed forward again dodging or deflecting all of Saber’s blows and only landing small ones.

Saber was terrified. While he knew his attacks could get through the Armor of Fafnir none of them could connect. He tried swinging his blade while activating the sharp edge to create an atomic explosion but the damage was so low Siegfried was able to power through it and nick him on the leg.

All Saber could hope for is that Lancer could defeat Etzel in time and save him.

“Saber!!!!” A voice yelled from behind him. He turned and saw his master Greg standing there. “Stop holding back! If you’ve beaten this guy before then you can do it again. Just get angry!” Seeing that his enemy was distracted Siegfried backed off and allowed Saber and his master to interact.

It wasn’t that simple though. Saber couldn’t just turn on his rage. As if sensing his thoughts Saber’s master sighed. “I guess we’ll have to get our hands a little dirty. Saber! Stab yourself through he chest!”

Siegfried gasped at the command and Saber began to shake. “W-what!”

"You heard me!” Greg held up his hand with his command spells. “Do it yourself or I’ll order you with a command spell!”

Saber’s hands shook, but he knew his master was right. He took his sword and plunged it into his side, causing a great gush of blood.

Saber howled in pain. It was too much for him, the searing hot pain from his side began to expand to the rest of his body, it felt like his blood was being replaced with fire. He howled again, this time in rage.

He saw his enemy in front of him, Siegfried was what the deep recesses of his brain told him. Liquid flame dripped from his mouth burning the forest floor. His enemy looked back at him sword at the ready. Saber unleashed a torrent of fire from his mouth. The flames were burning so hot that the trees weren’t even burning, instead they just became ash, and Siegfried was unable to move out of the way as fast enough as the heat got him melting though his invulnerable skin.

When the flames ended it looked as if Siegfried had wax melting off of him, most of his cloths having been burned off along with his Armor of Fafnir. Saber howled again and charged at Siegfried swinging his sword as if it was a baseball bat. Whether the sharp or blunt edge hit didn’t matter to him, all he cared about was destroying Siegfried. His strikes were turned away with Siegfried’s superb swordsmanship but that didn’t matter, each blow was like a mountain falling on the dragon slayer, and every time Siegfried struck back the wounds were ignored and it just left another opening.

Eventually Saber decided that the sword was slowing him down too much and he just threw it away and began attacking with his fists. They pummeled at the enemy and even struck so hard that Siegfried lost hold of his sword Balmung. Saber just grinned having his enemy underneath him so defenseless. When he felt the meat had been tenderized enough he prepared his finishing blow. He led Siegfried down onto the floor and then gathered up all of his flames in his mouth before letting it out in a torrent of destruction.

Saber woke up laying in the scorched forest floor covered in wounds. “D-did I win?” He looked around for Siegfried and found nothing. Eventually though his master came up to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

“You did it. Siegfried is gone, now let’s go help Lancer.”

“R-right.” Saber tried to stand up but lost his lunch in the process. “M-master, may I g-go to s-spiritual form?”

Greg nodded and Saber dematerialized to heal his wounds. After he experienced his rages he never felt right, like after a long night of hard drinking. He hoped Lancer was okay.

Break

Lancer spun around blocking the sword strikes form all angles. If Saber hadn’t given her that advice she might have been dead by now. As it was the two were currently in a stalemate, with Lancer’s skills preventing Etzel from closing the distance while Etzel’s overwhelming strength preventing Lancer from even thinking about going on the offensive. At this rate it might even become a battle of Noble Phantasms.

She had an extra trick up her sleeve though. “Don’t underestimate a druid in the forest!” She quickly traced a rune with her hand. “Berkana!” Several tree roots shot out from the ground toward Etzel surrounding her with the intent to bind her. They didn’t have a chance however and Photon Ray quickly sliced though them all, only to miss the spear that was hidden in their shadow.

“Ibar!” The spear shot forward with incredible speed aimed right at Etzels chest, and it even managed to sink in slightly before Etzel grabbed the shaft of the spear before it could do any real damage.

“Damn! Athibar!” Lancer shot her hand out to recall the spear but Etzel stood firm as she prevented the spear from returning. “Oh no.” Was all Lancer could say as with her free hand Etzel shot out Photon Ray as a whip and it wrapped around her left arm.

“Gah!!!” The sword burned as it began to tear through her skin, if she didn’t do anything soon her arm would become useless. “Athibar!” SHe held out her right arm to try to bring her spear back to her but Etzel held firm with no emotion in her face. The pain was growing more intense, she had to think. What would a Roman Emperor do?

A Roman Emperor would probably destroy their enemy, even at the loss of a limb. “Ibar!” She reversed her pull on the spear sending it forward into Etzel’s chest blowing a large hole. This also blew Etzel back and her sword along with it, the strength of which completely tore off Lancer’s arm.

Lancer howled at pain that she couldn’t even describe. It hurt more than the javelin Lucius had killed her with. She stood proud though and walked over to the body of Etzel breathing her last. “Athibar.” Her spear returned to her and she used it as a crutch to stay on her feet. “You fought well, King of Combat Etzel.”

“Altera.”

“What?” Lancer was beginning to lose consciousness but she had to listen to her noble opponent’s last words.

“Please call me Altera. Etzel... doesn't sound cute” She sounded so soft, not at all like she had imagined the scourge of god to sound like.

“Very well Altera. May we meet again in some distant place.” And with that Altera faded away. Lancer collapsed onto the ground unable to hold her own weight. The blood had already stopped, and she could sense her master coming to heal her but she was still heavily wounded. How had she even managed to survive that. She felt like she had been lucky too. Altera felt like she was holding back. Something about those two extra servants wasn’t right. She would have to discuss it with Saber. She smiled at the thought of the man she had met in this do over of her life. She had faith in him, he could defeat Siegfried she knew.

She felt the wind pick up around her and felt something land in front of her. She saw the servant Caster; he did not look okay, many parts of his body covered with blackened corruption, but he was alive.

She trued to raise her spear to defend herself but her last remaining arm collapsed. “H-how are you alive? Didn’t Assassin kill you?”

“He killed my master, but I have found a new one, and so shall you.” He picked her up and the wind began to lift them off the ground. Lancer’s eyes began to close against her will, but the last thing she saw was her master running to try and catch her, and the last thing she heard.

“Servant Avenger awaits.”

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Berserker
    True Name: Dietrich von Bern
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Italy

Parameters:

STR: B/A
    END: B
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: C-
    NP: E-A

Dislikes: Fighting, Losing His Temper, Being Exiled
    Talent: Research
    Natural Enemy: Siegfried
    Attribute: Earth
    Armament: His many magical weapons

Class Skills:
    Spoiler:

Magic Resistance
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Mad Enhancement
    A Luck Check is performed whenever damage is received, failure results in him going wild and parameters except MGI and LCK are raised. On that occasion, his whole body becomes red and the Breath of the Dragon skill will be fully unlocked.

Personal Skills:
    Spoiler:

Giant and Dwarf Slayer.
    A still that gives a rank up to all parameters when facing an enemy with a size that can be considered abnormal. Dietrich dislikes this skill due to the odd connotations he feels it gives.

Charisma
    Having B Rank in this Skill is sufficient to lead a nation as its King/Queen. The morale of military forces he commands is extremely high.

Breath of the Dragon
    The ability to release the breath weapon of the strongest phantasmal species, the dragon. Coming from the legends of Dietrich spitting out fire able to break through the hero Siegfried’s invulnerable skin. The element is fire and has the added effect of wearing down conceptual defenses. However the skill is ranked down to C+ when not under the effects of Mad Enhancement.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Spoiler:

Armor of Ornit
    Hardened in the Blood of Dragons

Type: Anti-Unit(Self)
    Range: NA
    Max Targets: 1

The armor that once belonged to the dragon slayer Ornit later given to the giant Ecke and taken by Diertrich. It was soaked in the blood of the slain dragons causing it to become as hard as their scales. Similarly to the Noble Phantasm Armor of Fafnir it is a continuously active Noble Phantasm with no mana cost and can cancel all attacks below B rank and reduces damage equal to B Rank.

It is not without weaknesses though. As it is a physical suit of armor and not his own skin any sufficiently skilled fighter can aim for the cracks in the armor. It also only covers his chest laving the legs and head exposed. Lastly attacks with the Dragon-Slayer attribute will weaken the armor allowing attacks to get through.

Cloak and Belt of Laurin
    Invisibility and Strength

Type: Anti-Unit(Self)
    Range: NA

The cloak and belt that Dietrich stole from the dwarven king Laurin. The effects are simple, when used the cloak gives Dietrich Presence Concealment at C rank and the belt gives him a rank up in strength. The two are theoretically separate Noble Phantasms but they are so closely linked in legend that they have merged into one. This is a detriment though as that means that if either the cloak or belt is disabled so it the other.

Nagelring
    Giant Slayer

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-5

The sword of Dietrich given to him by the dwarf Alberich. It is a blade with one purpose and one purpose only, to slay giants. The blade itself will change form to defeat the enemy. Against a frost giant it will begin to generate its own heat, against a giant with steel like skin it will generate tiny ridges that move along it with the speed of a chainsaw to give it extra cutting power. Anything that can be considered having the giant trait will easily fall prey to this blade.

Eckisax
    Sharpest Blade of the Noblest Enemy

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-99
    Max Targets: 100
    The sword given to Dietrich by the noble giant Ecke as he died. The sword was characterized by the extreme sharpness of the blade. The blade is so sharp that it can cut the oxygen molecules in the air generating a miniature atomic blast towards the opponent. Because the molecules found in the air contain less energy than uranium the blast is much less powerful than the A-Bomb but due to the non magical nature of the attack it requires little to no magical power from the master and is unaffected by magic resistance. The atomic blast can be generated with any sort of material not just air but it is just easier to use oxygen molecules.

A smaller version of the atomic blasé can be used only shear off small amounts of electrons creating a constant sheath of atomic energy to enhance the power of Dietrich’s sword strikes.

Lore:
    Spoiler:

Dietrich von Bern was the king of Verona who was exiled from his home by the corrupt nobles. With only his mentor Hildebrand to teach him the young Dietrich tried to find a way to reclaim his homeland. He journeyed constantly being beseeched left and right by dwarfs and giants that wished him harm.

Along the way he entered the court of Etzel, or Atilla the Hun, who promised him aid in his quest. For years he stayed with the Huns working to help increase their power base in Europe enough to stage an assault on Italy. During this time is when he came into conflict with the heroes of the Nibelungenlied. Multiple times the heroes of Etzel and the heroes of Worms clashed, sometimes in border disputes where Worms would push back Hun forces from their borders, sometimes as friendly coipition where at the end of the day all the heroes would be drinking and laughing together.

It was during one of these confrontations that Dietrich met Siegfried, the invincible warrior. Dietrich had been called to fight the dragon slayer being told that his multitude of weapons were the only counter to the Armor of Fafnir. Dietrich was terrified though as Siegfried’s legend was much greater than his own. Hildebrand refused to allow his ward to show such cowardice and slapped him on the face to spur him into action. This unlocked something strange in Dietrich. As unlikely as it may seem the warrior had never been struck before, and the pain unlocked long dormant dragon blood in him. His skin turned red and fire began leaking from his mouth as he charged Siegfried; his flames burning thorough the once though invincible armor.

The fight lasted for an entire day, the energy outputted so powerful most could not even bear to look at it. Eventually though as the sun set on the fateful battle Siegfried fell to the floor exhausted, and less than a minute later Dietrich followed suit. The battle between the two was of such epic proportions that once the two were recovered the Huns and people of Worms held a giant feast where the two kingdoms made peace. Dietrich and Siegfried became fast friends and Siegfried even introduced him to his wife, Kriemhild. Drunk on wine and the high spirits Dietrich swore to eternally protect the woman that Siegfried cared for.

The two’s path then did not cross for years; Siegfried working to protect his kingdom and Dietrich to reclaim his. Unfortunately when the two did meet again it was when Dietrich traveled to Worms to see him buried in a heroes funeral. He wept for his friend who was cut down before his time and found Kriemhild. He told her that he would protect her and that if she needed protection she could always come to Etzel’s court. Kriemhild, scared of what might be done to her by her brother’s agreed and Dietrich convinced king Gunther that Etzel wanted Kriemhild’s hand in marriage.

Kriemhild spent years in Etzel’s court with Dietrich making sure she wanted for nothing, however soon he rdesire for revenge out weighed her fear. She called her brother’s to Etzel’s court and initiated a plan of revenge that left many brave warriors dead. Dietrich pleaded with the others of Etzel’s court saying that Kriemhild was acting in self defense, out of love, that she was protecting Etzel, but none of his excuses were accepted. He had to watch as his mentor Hildebrand killed the woman he had sworn to protect.

Dietrich was never the same after that, he no longer laughed as much, or participated in adventures. Even when he regained his kingdom he did so with an air of melancholy.

Personality:
    Spoiler:

Dietrich is a bit of a nerd. Despite being born in the body of a warrior he would much rather spend his days reading a book. He gets very nervous around people and has a stutter. Rather unusual for a hero Dietrich has an immense fear of battle. Despite the fact that he hates conflict and constantly tries to resolve it; his mean face makes people constantly pick fights with him. He is extremely loyal to those that he swears allegiance to even into his life as a servant. He would still lay down his life to protect Kriemhild and Etzel. Unfortunately his cowardice makes him unreliable in battle.

Speaking of Kriemhild he still feels guilty for allowing her to die. Despite his generally kind persona when something reminds him of her he will become more melancholic and contemplative. He also has a horrible temper problem. Whenever he takes damage there is a chance of his dormant dragon blood awakening and sending him into a fury. In this state he will not listen to anybody and he won’t stop until the enemy is bowed before him. Whenever he comes down from these rages he feels very embarrassed and prefers not to mention them.

As a servant he will get along with most masters, and if they are able to gain his true respect with a noble personality he will risk everything for them. If he were to get his hands on he Holy Grail his wish would always be to save Kriemhild. How he does so depends on the conclusion he came to the last time he thought about it. He might decide to simply stop Hildebrand from killing her, or to save Siegfried from dying in the first place, to even incarnating her and Siegfried in the modern era.

Bond:
    Spoiler:

On Summoning:
    “H-hey there Master. Saber Dietrich von Bern is here to help you out.”

If you have summoned Altera:
    “King Etzel!”
    “I am called Altera.”
    “Thats’s what I said, Etzel.”
    “Altera.”
    “Etzel.”
    “Your accent is bad civilization.”

If you have summoned Siegfried:
    “S-Siegfried! Hi, it’s so good to s-see you again!”

If you have summoned Charlemagne:
    “W-wow, he is kind of like me isn’t he?”

About the Holy Grail:
    “To fix my mistakes of course. I will save her.”

About their Likes:
    “Hmmm, probably just spending the day curled up with a book.”

About their Dislikes:
    “Fighting for sure. H-having your life on the line is terrifying.”

Bond 1:
    “A-are you sure you want to w-work with such a worthless servant.”

Bond 2:
    “M-master, would it be p-possible for me to s-sit out on this mission? I don’t f-feel that good.”

Bond 3:
    “I c-couldn’t even save one woman, h-how can I possibly make u-up for that?”

Bond 4:
    “You’re a good friend, being so patient with me. A lot like Hildebrand.”

Bond 5:
    “I will not falter. I swear I will be your sword and shield.”

Creator Notes:

So here’s my version go Dietrich. I really wanted to make him but so many other people have as well so I decided to do something unique to set myself apart. If it wasn’t for his madness enhancement Saber would be almost completely useless without him becoming truly attached to his master. Even against enemies he has a clear advantage over it is hard for him to get out of his own head.

I also decided to focus a lot more on his connection to Siegfried, even making his driving ideal to fulfill his promise to him and protect Kriemhild.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "I see, I have been summoned... That must mean it's not yet too late for me to atone for my mistake towards sis- I mean, Her Majesty. In any case, les salutations, maitre. Servant Rider has arrived in response to your summons. From henceforth, my blade is yours to command."

Source

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Saber, Archer, Avenger

True Name:
    Place of Origin: Sweden

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: D
    NP: A

Dislikes: Louis XVI, the Reign of Terror, rumors regarding his relationship to Marie Antoinette
    Talent: Strategizing, politics, horse riding, waltz
    Natural Enemy: Maximilien Robespierre
    Armament: Horse, rapier, rifle
    Catalyst: His royal attire, his weapons

Class Skills
    Riding
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. This skill receives a plus modifier when handling horses.

Magic Resistance
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Personal Skills
    Charisma
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Rider cannot manage a country, but his charisma is enough to lead a large military regiment. This, combined with his knowledge of warfare and strategic mind, makes him an excellent commander on the battlefield.

Guardian Knight
    A skill that grants a temporary attribute bonus whenever Rider acts in the defense of others. While his efforts ultimately ended in vain, Rider was willing to oppose an entire kingdom in order to protect his dear friend. This skill is a manifestation of that deep devotion and single-minded determination he possessed in life.

Golden Rule (Mind and Body)

Rider possesses a highly attractive physique from a young age, as well as an eloquent mind well-versed in a wide range of subjects. This skill, combined with Rider's usual kind and gentlemanly demeanor, makes it easier for him to gain trust, affection, and admiration from others. A skill truly fitting for a perfect "prince charming" right out of a fairy tale.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Fuite à Varennes
    To Protect That Which I Hold Dear

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1

The Flight to Varennes. A plan Rider concocted to allow the French Royal Family to escape their dissenters at Paris to the countryside, where Louis XVI may reestablish his authority and initiate a counterrevolution to maintain the French monarchy. The plan ended disastrously, with various time delays, misinterpretations, and poor judgment, most being the king's fault.

The event itself was such a disaster that it would not normally qualify as a Noble Phantasm, which is supposed to be a crystallization of the greatest parts of a hero's legend. Against Rider's advice, Louis XVI made significant modifications to the plan, such as replacing the two inconspicuous carriages that would be used to transport the Royal Family with a massive luxurious carriage carried by six horses. Louis also chatted with several locals along the way, further disclosing the plans for the escape.

The true basis of this Noble Phantasm instead lies within Rider's wishes at the time. On that night, he threw away all the convoluted politics and intricacies of his life as a noble, all for a gambit where the person he held dear may survive. He also wished for that person to be free of all this burden as queen, free from the people's hatred, and ultimately, free from the reach of the ominous guillotine. To realize this wish, Rider himself decided to accompany the party, ready to fend off any unwanted threat. To him, the queen- no, his dearest "sister"- will survive, and if fate declares that she wouldn't, then he will oppose fate itself until the very end.

This Noble Phantasm is a manifestation of that wish, the simple yet unwavering desire to protect, no matter the cost. An extension of his Guardian Knight skill, this is a Noble Phantasm that can only be activated once Rider possesses someone he genuinely wishes to protect, not as a Servant-Master pair, but as a human. Upon the invocation of its True Name, Rider's agility is dramatically increased, almost enough to go toe-to-toe against even the fastest of Servants. He also gains a conceptual immunity against anything that "restrains", be it ropes, chains, immobilization spells, or even bounded fields. Finally, since this Noble Phantasm's main function is to "protect", all of Rider's parameters are ranked up by one as long as he remains within a 20 meter radius of his designated protectee.

The greatest advantage to this Noble Phantasm is the low mana cost required to activate it, ensuring that Rider's Master, should they be his protectee, would not suffer too much due to excessive mana consumption while this Noble Phantasm is in effect. That said, this Noble Phantasm would automatically deactivate the moment the protectee takes any damage. From then on, this Noble Phantasm would be sealed for the next 24 hours, symbolizing the Rider's guilt.
    Description
    Rider's True Name is Count Hans Axel von Fersen, a Swedish nobleman, general, fighter in the American Revolutionary War, close friend and alleged lover of Marie Antoinette.

Upon summoning, one can see that Rider is akin to a dashing prince charming out of a fairy tale; a literal knight in shining armor. Kind, courteous, gentlemanly, and chivalrous, it is not a surprise that he would easily gather a horde of fangirls and admirers wherever he goes, both in life and as a Servant. He is also highly loyal and protective of his Master. The affection he holds toward his Master could never surpass his affection towards a certain queen, yet at the same time, perhaps this affection is also partially influenced by the regret and guilt he felt regarding the queen's death.

Rider vehemently denies the rumors that he held romantic feelings towards Marie Antoinette in life. According to him, Marie was more like a "hopeless little sister" he came across and just couldn't help but want to protect. He would not say this out loud before the queen, yet there is no doubt that he cares deeply about her, to the point of occasionally hijacking catalysts meant for Marie, in order to spare her from "the horrors of the Holy Grail War". Should the two meet, he would try his best to maintain a professional yet aloof demeanor around her. He's pretty bad at maintaining that persona, though, and would "reluctantly" swoop in the moment the queen requires his assistance. All in all, he still insists that their relationship is more platonic and sibling-like rather than romantic.

Rider's gallant and gentlemanly demeanor would crack the moment he encounters anyone related to the French Revolution and the following Reign of Terror, as those events serve as the greatest reminders of his worst regret. He despises anyone who took part in those events, believing them to be the ones who killed Marie, directly or indirectly. That said, while his attitude is considerably colder and more ruthless around them, he should still be able to maintain a sense of professionalism as long as they are working together. The only exception is Maximilien Robespierre who he believes to be the mastermind behind those events. Should the two meet, Rider would not hesitate to kill him on sight. He knew it would not bring Marie back, nor will it actually bring him any satisfaction, yet he believes that this is the very least he can do to atone for his absence during Marie's execution and the following Reign of Terror.

It is possible to summon Rider in his later years, as the Knight Commander Grand Cross of Sweden's Order of the Sword. It is also possible to summon him under the Avenger class, as a yandere prince who cannot differentiate the platonic or romantic feelings he held for Marie Antoinette, whose hatred extends to the entirety of France who wished for her death. He normally refuses to be summoned under such conditions, believing that his current incarnation serves as a perfect reminder of his wish, while at the same time he would not be consumed by his regrets and lose sight of his wish; something he fears would happen if he were ever to be summoned as an Avenger.

Rider's greatest regret was the fact that he could not be there during Marie's execution. After the Royal Family was captured in the aftermath of the Flight to Varennes, Rider fled France in order to convince other European kingdoms to declare war on France, as a last-ditch effort to stop the growing revolution. Due to a variety of reasons, negotiations took a long time to finish, and Rider heard news of Marie's execution while he was in Brussels, roughly halfway through his journey. And so, Rider's wish to the grail would be to bring him back to Paris on the day of that fateful execution. Should that be granted, he vows to rescue his dear "sister" from the guillotine, and take her away from the confines and burdens of being royalty.

Lore
    Hans Axel von Fersen was a Swedish count, Marshal of the Realm of Sweden, a General of Horse in the Royal Swedish Army, one of the Lords of the Realm, aide-de-camp to Rochambeau in the American Revolutionary War, diplomat and statesman, and a friend of Queen Marie-Antoinette of France.

Throughout his youth, Fersen embarked on multiple journeys throughout Europe in order to see the world and further his military education. He met Marie Antoinette in one of these journeys, establishing a close friendship that would span decades, to the point that Fersen himself was accepted as a close ally of the French Royal Family. Their friendship also caused rumors and conspiracy mentioning that Fersen was actually the queen's secret lover. The truth of these rumors remain unknown to this day.

After his first encounter with Marie Antoinette, Fersen joined the French to fight Britain in the American Revolutionary War. Within three years, he had become an accomplished, high-ranking soldier admired by many, thanks to both his royal origins and his expertise in the military. He was even awarded as a member of the Order of Cincinnatus by the American General George Washington, although he was forbidden to wear it by his monarchy.

Fersen was devastated upon hearing news of Marie Antoinette's execution. From months leading up to that day, he had attempted everything he could to save the Royal Family and stop the Revolution, from orchestrating the Flight to Varennes to negotiating with kingdoms throughout Europe to declare war on France. All of those efforts ended in vain. It was said that Fersen was a changed man ever since the queen's death. He began showing distaste for commoners, and drowning himself in governance, politics, and conquest. He gathered various achievements, climbing up the ranks of Sweden's Order of the Sword, to the point he reached the highest rank within the order, the Knight Commander Grand Cross. Yet despite these achievements and grandiose titles...

None of them could fill a certain empty void in his heart.

Lines/Relationships
    To Master, regarding Marie Antoinette:
    "Ah, she's lovely, isn't she? She's kind... too kind, in fact. That's why she kept putting herself down for the sake of her people. That's also why as her supposed 'reliable elder brother figure', I just can't leave her alone. Yet back then, I..."

Chevalier d'Eon, Charles-Henri Sanson, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart:
    "Um, pardon me, Maitre, but those three seem to have been secretly following me around for a while now... They're pretty bad at it, but at the same time they seem hesitant to talk..."

Tomoe Gozen:
    "Ah, that feeling of guilt and regret at being unable to spend your last moments beside the person you cherished... The feeling is quite familiar."

Charles-Henri Sanson:
    "I have nothing else to say to you, Monsieur de Paris. While it would be easy for me to do so, it would not be right to blame her death on you. At the very least, you have my thanks for not prolonging her suffering."

Louis XVI:
    "An incompetent man, both as a ruler and a husband. Still, I suppose she must have chosen you for a reason. If you claim to have the same feelings for her as back then, make her happy, will you? I'll be keeping a close eye on you, for the time being..."

Napoleon Bonaparte:
    "A man of possibilities, human hope, and wishes..? What a cruel joke... Does that mean her death was also part of the people's wishes..? As much as I hate to admit it, there was really not much I could do back then... was there..?"

Maximilien Robespierre:
    "Well... how was it? That new world you spoke of... was it worth the screams, blood, and tears that stained the streets..? WAS IT WORTH HER HEAD!? sigh... For the sake of Her Majesty- no, my dear sister- who wished for nothing else but the prosperity of her kingdom and the happiness of her people... Please die."

Marie Antoinette:
    "Aah, that's-! She's here..? Thank you... Thank you, Maitre! There is nothing else I would rather wish for... Now, if you would excuse me, I believe we have much to catch up on, preferably with some tea and a game of cards, like during that one summer day..."

Creator's Notes
    Pretty satisfied with how this one turned out. I originally planned for him to be another Marie fanboy, but with Mozart, d'Eon, Sanson, and in some fanarts, Salieri, I figured that the trope of "people fighting for Marie's attention" is already kind of overused in FGO. So instead, we have this tragic prince who is more like a brother figure to her. It would be kind of funny if the person Marie was closest to turned out to hold no romantic feelings at all towards her, but in the end, I guess his feelings towards her are still left ambiguous and open to interpretation. Also, I had fun writing those lines to further describe his character.
    Last edited by BnEl15; September 30th, 2019 at 10:14 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Aren't his Strength and Endurance a little high for a Rider from around the American revolution?
    He's also got a surprisingly high MGI and Magic Resistance for such a young Rider. For comparison, Blackbeard (who is around 2 centuries older) has E in both.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; September 29th, 2019 at 03:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Aren't his Strength and Endurance a little high for a Rider from around the American revolution?
    He's also got a surprisingly high MGI and Magic Resistance for such a young Rider. For comparison, Blackbeard (who is around 2 centuries older) has E in both.
    Well Marie has a C magic resistance and a B mgi which is higher than Blackbeard so it can vary wildly even taking into account age. Also I always saw Blackbeard as a servant that’s weaker than most(aside from high endurance) but has a high power ceiling from his NP

My Servant Compendium

Fate Texas Night

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldownnow View Post
    Well Marie has a C magic resistance and a B mgi which is higher than Blackbeard so it can vary wildly even taking into account age. Also I always saw Blackbeard as a servant that’s weaker than most(aside from high endurance) but has a high power ceiling from his NP
    On the other hand, Marie is royalty, which in some respects is an innately supernatural quality á la divine right - she was also the last of France's royalty, which I guess can be construed to have some connection with Mystery. More so than Blackbeard, who besides living in the Golden Age of Piracy has a pretty mundane legend.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On the other hand, Marie is royalty, which in some respects is an innately supernatural quality á la divine right - she was also the last of France's royalty, which I guess can be construed to have some connection with Mystery. More so than Blackbeard, who besides living in the Golden Age of Piracy has a pretty mundane legend.
    "Pretty mundane legend" is an interesting way of describing "had his head cut off, then swam several laps around in the sea before finally dying". Not to mention the rumors that he contracted with the devil or wielded unholy powers. Though you're right that TM's take on Blackbeard doesn't really emphasize that aspect of his legend, the material is certainly there.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    "Pretty mundane legend" is an interesting way of describing "had his head cut off, then swam several laps around in the sea before finally dying". Not to mention the rumors that he contracted with the devil or wielded unholy powers. Though you're right that TM's take on Blackbeard doesn't really emphasize that aspect of his legend, the material is certainly there.
    The point still stands that outside of that one anecdote, Teach's legend is fairly mundane.

Blog Entries
    By the way does anyone have thoughts on Dietrich? I feel like something was missing from it.

My Servant Compendium

Fate Texas Night

Blog Entries
    Hans is pretty neat. He starts out looking like a generic prince charming but then it turns out he has much more depth the more you look. All his skills work towards becoming a protector and that unique Golden Rule is interesting. I could see him slipping into an FGO event and joining the french gang. I would also really like to see his avenger form.

My Servant Compendium

Fate Texas Night

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Archer, Rider
    True Name: Sakanoue no Tamuramaro
    Origin: Japan (9th century)
    Armament: Sword, bow

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: A
    AGI: B
    MANA: C
    LUCK: B
    NP: B

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank A: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. Having faced multitudes of sorcerers and demons during his life, Saber is well-versed in defending himself from magecraft and demonic energies.

Riding - Rank B: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills

Mystery Slayer - Rank B: A Skill born of its owner being responsible for the removal of Mystery from their era on a large scale.
    A great Mystery Slayer of the Heian period, Saber is only second in this regard to the great Minamoto no Yorimitsu.

Fate is in Heaven - Rank C+: A Skill possessed by the worshippers of Bishamonten, the god of warriors. It is, essentially, the god’s blessing upon those who follow his ways.
    Due to Bishamonten’s protection, it is possible for Saber to receive beneficial ‘rulings’ when undertaking various actions on the battlefield.

Protection of the Thousand-Armed Bodhisattva - Rank A: Protection bestowed by Kannon, the bodhisattva of mercy. In accordance with her mercy, the user is spared the weight of many woes and injuries.
    Saber receives a reduction to all incoming damage. In addition, his resistance to ailments, poisons and curses is increased significantly.

Noble Phantasms

Matching Fiend Sword
    Sohaya no Tsurugi

Anti-Demon, Rank B+
    Saber’s personal sword, serving as his primary Noble Phantasm. Though a copy of it was later made as a tachi, its original form was that of a warabide sword. Despite being a consecrated holy sword at first, it was forged with the intent of matching an enemy exactly. In conflict with Saber’s great enemy, the demon god Otakemaru, it therefore grew to become a demonic sword in order to match the might of Saber’s foe. As it still retains some of its original divine power, it could be classified as a unique “Anti-Demon demonic sword”. It is also said to be a married sword to Suzuka Gozen's Daitouren, though this is merely a misunderstanding brought on by the sword's abilities.
    Sohaya no Tsurugi, upon clashing with an enemy, strengthens itself to match a stronger opponent, even copying beneficial magical effects that they currently possess. When faced with a different kind of weapon, the sword can even change its shape in order to attain, for example, greater reach or a wider cutting edge. It can even copy the abilities of weapon-based Noble Phantasms to a certain extent. As the battle continues, the amount difference between Saber and a superior or difficult enemy will quickly shrink until they are equally matched.
    It is possible to ‘reset’ the changes wrought upon Sohaya no Tsurugi. As the blade returns to its original shape and strength, a significant quantity of magical energy is unleashed. Before the energy fades, it is possible for Saber to unleash a single blow of awesome destructive power.
    In addition to the above, Sohaya no Tsurugi also deals increased damage to demonic targets.

Great General’s War Lantern
    Taishou no Tourou

Anti-Army, Rank D
    A large paper lantern carried on Saber’s back. The lantern houses the Noble Phantasm Taishou no Tourou, the crystallization of the legendary tactics used against the indigenous people of Northern Japan. Saber is somewhat embarrassed by it, as it is something of a cheap trick, unbefitting of an honorable warrior. He also feels that it is lacking in brilliance compared to its manifestation in Saber’s other classes.
    When activated, Taishou no Tourou rises from Saber’s back, flaring bright. The flash of light momentarily blinds targets sharing the battlefield. After their vision is restored, the shining lantern imposes a fascination effect upon those that look upon it. After a short amount of time, the lantern dims, returning once again to rest upon Saber’s back.
    Though it is an unorthodox usage, Saber can also dip his blade into the lantern to momentarily wreath it in flame.

Description
    Dislikes: Paranoia, tricky magic
    Talents: Thick-headedness, cartography and terrain study
    Natural Enemy: Suzuka Gozen

Saber’s true identity is Sakanoue no Tamuramaro, the Great Shogun of the Heian period.

Befitting his appearance as a noble samurai, Tamuramaro is indeed an honourable warrior. However, he is extremely thick-headed and stubborn, and becomes taciturn in situations that do not match his expectations as he tries to figure out what is happening. Though he does not like to call attention to the fact, he also has a distinct weakness in the form of women with the ears of beasts.
    Despite his simplistic nature, he is fond of properly preparing for things. He thoroughly gathers necessary tools and information, no matter how large or small the task ahead of him happens to be. In fact, his favorite phrase is “The sum of the year is on New Year’s day”, meaning that reparation and planning are the foundations of success.
    When it comes to dealing with other Heroic Spirits, Tamuramaro likes those that exhibit strong personality traits and are direct, even simple in their actions and words. Though he himself is a leader of men, he can be slightly too submissive when dealing with those that were great lords or kings in life, even if they are his enemies. Naturally given his experiences, he has a distrust of those who scheme in the shadows and utilize magic.
    Due to his poor experiences with sorcery, Tamuramaro cannot truly trust a Master if they conduct themselves as a magus. Unfortunately, he is used to serving those who conduct themselves like a distant lord, and as such a Master that acts too friendly can cause problems as well. However, he follows orders with absolute loyalty, pursuing his Master’s objectives with nigh-insane fervor.
    Tamuramaro has no particularly strong wish to the Holy Grail, though he would like to see what became of the region he spent his life fighting to protect. As such, he would likely wish to go on a tour of modern Japan.

Lore
    Sakanoue no Tamuramaro lived near the beginning of the Heian period, serving the Emperor Kanmu. He was appointed shogun and ordered to wage a campaign in the north, and to subdue the barbarians near the Suzuka Mountains. In particular, two supernatural creatures, Suzuka Gozen and Otakemaru, lived in the mountains, and were responsible for the theft of the Emperor’s tribute.
    Marshaling a mighty force of men, Tamuramaro headed into the mountains. While campaigning against the native peoples, he learned that the leader of the Emishi people, Aterui, was in actuality the demon god Otakemaru. Leading his men in search of the fortress, Tamuramaro and his army were beset by the demon’s sorcery. Foul weather and mist prevented them from advancing, rains of fire cut down his troops and all throughout, Tamuramaro could hear Otakemaru’s mocking laughter. Seeing the uselessness of their efforts, Tamuramaro sent his men to campaign against the Emishi people, stubbornly remaining in the Suzuka Mountains by himself in order to pursue the demon.
    Finally, he came upon a palace in the mountains. Finding a demon there, the two engaged in battle. Curiously, the demon, a lovely young maiden with the features of a fox, spoke to him as though Tamuramaro was Otakemaru, hurling insults and accusations at him. In the end, their duel ended when Tamuramaro could take no more of the false accusations and confessed his true identity. This took the demon with such a shock that Tamuramaro was able to strike her down. Having the demon at his mercy, she introduced herself as Suzuka Gozen. Tamuramaro had attacked her under the impression that she was Otakemaru, and Gozen had attacked him because she thought he was Otakemaru. With the misunderstanding cleared, Tamuramaro and Gozen sealed an alliance to take down the demon god.
    Over three years, the two subtly worked to weaken Otakemaru, taking his treasured swords from him and weakening his iron skin with Gozen’s magic. Throughout this period, the two met in secret and engaged in oni extermination in order to hone their skills. With their plan complete, Gozen quit her act as Otakemaru’s wife, an act that enraged Otakemaru, who believed that Tamuramaro had stolen his wife’s devotion from him.
    The following night Otakemaru came to Suzuka Gozen’s palace. Tamuramaro was waiting for him there. Otakemaru revealed his true form to the shogun, transforming into a massive demon who stood over 10 meters tall, with eyes that shone like the sun and the moon. A terrible combat ensued. Heaven and earth shook with the fury of their battle. Otakemaru attacked Tamuramaro with sword and spear, but the shōgun was a holy warrior, having sought the protection of the thousand-armed Kannon, bodhisattva of mercy, and Bishamonten, god of war in preparation. Otakemaru split his body into hundreds of oni, who charged at Tamuramaro. Tamuramaro and Gozen, using the properties of the sword Daitouren, unleashed a rain of 500 swords on the demons, killing them. Just then, Otakemaru made a ferocious lunge at Tamuramaro. But the shogun was faster, and he swung his blade, Sohaya no Tsurugi, at the oni’s head, lopping it off.
    With Otakemaru dealt with, Tamuramaro returned to the Emperor in triumph. However, he had been so overtaken with plotting Otakemaru’s demise and spending cherished time with Gozen, whom he had come to love, that he had all but forgotten that the Emperor had ordered the deaths of both of the demons of the Suzuka Mountains. With unquestioning loyalty, Tamuramaro came to Gozen and explained the situation to her. The two then engaged in a final duel, with Tamuramaro emerging as the victor. Such was Tamuramaro’s grief that he traveled to the underworld to negotiate Gozen’s revival. They were said to have lived a happy life after that point.
    Tamuramaro would face Otakemaru a second time, the demon being revealed not to have died, having instead retreated to gather again his power. They did battle, and once again Tamuramaro cut Otakemaru’s head clean off. The oni’s head flew up into the air and landed upon Tamuramaro’s head and bit down hard. However, even though the demon bit through Tamuramaro’s helmet, it could not pierce the warriors hard head. Otakemaru’s head was once more taken back to Kyōto, where it was locked safely away in the treasury of Byōdōin.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; September 30th, 2019 at 05:09 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    0/10 not a high school boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    That picture is probably either 3rd or 4th ascension. I'm sure a high school uniform is either 1st or 2nd ascension. By the way, what's the equivalent of JK for boys?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    That picture is probably either 3rd or 4th ascension. I'm sure a high school uniform is either 1st or 2nd ascension. By the way, what's the equivalent of JK for boys?
    Danshikousei, apparently. If you mean the prostitution thing, as far as I know there isn't a direct analogue, though Kagema might be somewhat similar.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alright, thanks for the feedback on Fersen's sheet everyone.

After looking up a bunch of canon Servants who existed around the same period, apparently Lakshmibai who lived about half a century after him has B rank in Strength, and Endurance. d'Eon, who lived at around the same time has A rank strength and B rank Endurance. I'll just chalk his high Strength and Endurance to his talent and the military training he received throughout his life. As for MGI and Magic Resistance, yeah, you have a point, as his greatest mystery is probably his relationship with Marie.

Tamuramaro is a pretty nice and straightforward sheet. It did a good job at showing his "courageous honorable samurai" side while keeping him human with his flaws and preference for kemonomimi. I'm still pretty curious on his relationship with Suzuka, though. Like, how would the two interact now after being summoned?

Those two examples are also both Knight Classes, which Fersen is not. Iskandar, a fellow Rider from prehistory, had D Strength, and I'm going out on a limb to say he saw more combat than Fersen.
    Up to you, of course.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Those two examples are also both Knight Classes, which Fersen is not. Iskandar, a fellow Rider from prehistory, had D Strength, and I'm going out on a limb to say he saw more combat than Fersen.
    Up to you, of course.
    Iskander had B ranked strength though.

My Servant Compendium

Fate Texas Night

...It seems I've gotten it confused with his Agility. Disregard me.