Page 813 of 858 FirstFirst ... 313713763803808811812813814815818823 ... LastLast
Results 16,241 to 16,260 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    You could have always gone with the same explanation they had for Scathach being summoned. That because humanity got incenerated in one timeline, the version of her that died on it became recorded in the Throne of Heroes. The same would be applicable to the Eight Immortals, since they too would have been destroyed on that timeline, a version of them would be recorded aswell.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I guess, but just using the same old loophole would get boring.

Blog Entries
    Good points. At any rate, keep up the good work you've been doing Shiki-pon. It's always nice to see a new or obscure face being turned into a legitimate Servant that Type-Moon would be proud of.

Blog Entries
    Well, speaking of new and obscure. How are you guys liking my servants? The ones with connections to South America?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Outside of the font (which mostly just stands out a bit too much, I guess) and some disparate ranks (mostly among NPs - some should probably be higher, some lower), they're very good and pretty obscure (of course, Brazil and Portugal aren't exactly my areas of expertise).
    With your latest one there seem to be quite a few Skills that grant multiple other Skills, which sounds a little off for such a (relative) nobody. Parameters also seem odd for a Caster. I mean, the physical ones are just fine, since they're just a slight deviation from the usual Caster ones, but the Mana looks a tad high (for comparison, Medea and Circe, archmages from the Age of Gods have the same value).
    Characterwise there's not much wrong, but I guess the fact that she responds negatively to draconic figures is odd, since most of the ones that possess those traits have internalized the dragon bits... Unless she can smell or otherwise sense that, of course.

Blog Entries
    Her rank on Mana is higher than it would normally be bacuse of her 'Primordial Human' Skill. I should probably trim down that skill and another since they contain so many other skills. And you are right in assuming that she has a way to sense draconic influence, which is mostly a side effect from her legend, and the Dragon Slayer skill. Though again, I might trim down the other skills at some point.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I'm wanting to do a Central American Lostbelt but don't really know what to do for it beyond Cortez failing to conquer the New World. Does anyone else have any ideas that I could use for this?
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Not to toot my own horn, but I whipped up a Central American Lostbelt idea as the backstory to my contest entry that didn't make it in here:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...35#post3007635

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Not to toot my own horn, but I whipped up a Central American Lostbelt idea as the backstory to my contest entry that didn't make it in here:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...35#post3007635
    Ah, I see. Personally though, I would still like to try my hand at making some Lostbelts. I find the idea to be extremely interesting since I just really like to think of the "what ifs", what could have happened if a certain event ended different.

Now that i think about it, I don't think that anyone's made an African Lostbelt...

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

No no, I definitely agree. Cortes being a common deciding factor is understandable for a potential LB, so I figured I would share.

Although an African LB does sound pretty neat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    No no, I definitely agree. Cortes being a common deciding factor is understandable for a potential LB, so I figured I would share.

Although an African LB does sound pretty neat.
    What I had in mind for the Central American Lostbelt was that the Spanish invasion of the New World failed outright and the Aztecs then proceeded to take over the world. Somehow.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Perhaps the Lostbelt King could be a version of Moctezuma who received backup from (a member of) the Aztec Pantheon?

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Well, what if it was the other way around? What if instead of the Europeans finding the new world, someone gave the Aztecs aHoly Grail and they used it to speed along their civilization, soon becoming a utopian superpower which now plans to expand into Europe and then the rest of the world ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Well, what if it was the other way around? What if instead of the Europeans finding the new world, someone gave the Aztecs aHoly Grail and they used it to speed along their civilization, soon becoming a utopian superpower which now plans to expand into Europe and then the rest of the world ?
    That sounds more like a Singularity to me.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    A Lostbelt is only a Singularity that has been taken to its logical conclusion. As in, if Queen Medb ha taken over america and turned it into the New Connatch Empire, it would be a Lostbelt that grew from the 5th Singularity. You could say that a Singularity is the starting point of a Lostbelt's Timeline. The point of divergence.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    A Lostbelt is only a Singularity that has been taken to its logical conclusion. As in, if Queen Medb ha taken over america and turned it into the New Connatch Empire, it would be a Lostbelt that grew from the 5th Singularity. You could say that a Singularity is the starting point of a Lostbelt's Timeline. The point of divergence.
    I don't think that's really the case. A Lostbelt is just any alternate timeline that diverged to the point where humanity has no more room to grow. A singularity is specifically a period in time cut off from the rest of human history through time-travel shenanigans. If you look at the Lostbelts we've seen in canon, all of them so far have been "natural" divergences that occurred just because history turned out differently, not artificial ones imposed through time-travel.

Blog Entries
    But Singularities are sustained by a Holy Grail, whereas Lostbelts are sustained by Phantasy Trees and don't seem to have much to do with Grails beyond the fact that the player receives one after completing a Lostbelt.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; October 16th, 2019 at 10:24 PM.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    I believe Lostbelts are maintained by an 'observer'. The Fantasy Trees serve as anchors for the Lotbelts to be applied into the planet. Its what allows the to spread over the world as opposed to remaining static as a Singularity would.

Great Sage of Kyoto, Abe no Seimei

Great Sage of Kyoto
    Grand Caster, Abe no Seimei

Class: Caster (Grand Caster candidate)
    Alternate Classes: Alter Ego
    True Name: Abe no Seimei
    Origin: Japanese Mythology
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Armaments: Fan, Shikigami
    Attribute: Star
    Traits: Male, Humanoid, Servant, Divine, Abe Family, Not Weak to Enuma Elish

Wish for the Grail: “A nice day with family, not having a particular legend attached to me, more public mages, small things such as that.”

Appearance: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20170503001750 (To lazy to come up with anything myself)

Bio
    Bio: Abe-no-Yasuna frequently visit the Inari shrine within Settsu Province praying for the restoration of his family’s status. Upon one such trip as he paid his respects, he would encounter a white fox, whom begged help before disappearing into the forest. Not long after a military commissioner came along, asking for the fox’s location. When Yasuna asked why the commissioner wanted to know he told Yasuna he was hunting foxes to use their livers for medicine.

Yasuna knowing the fox to be sacred to Inari barred arms against the man and in the processes wounded by him. Wounded as he was, he was able to chase the would-be hunter away, and slowly made his way out of the forest only collapse from his wounds coming to deaths door. As he lay there dying a woman would come, she dressed his wounds, nursed him back to health, and left the forest with him becoming his wife.

This woman was Kuzunoha a kitsune born of and in-service to Inari as well as the vary fox that Yasuna had saved from the hunter. This fact eluded him for years as she would use magic to remain a human woman and within this form she would bear a child Doji. Though appearing human even from a young age, he demonstrated supernatural abilities having inherited his mother’s power.

For a few years Kuzunoha was able to raise her son, though not without certain abnormal problems. From a young age Doji showed supernatural power, commanding weak Oni to do his bidding at just five years of age. To ensure he would not fall upon a path of evil Kuzunoha entrusted Kamo-no-Tadayuki to teach him to use these powers and ensure Doji remained human. Kuzunoha lived a happy life with her son and husband, but this was not to last.

While Kuzunoha viewed the beautiful Chrysanthemums of her garden, Doji would see the tip of his mother’s tail. In her son seeing her true form, she was forced flee worried what the revelation of her existences as a Kitsune would affect her family. However, before she did Kuzunoha left a poem telling him and his father asking that, if they love her, to meet in the forest where she and Abe-no-Yasuna meet.

After arriving at the forest Abe-no-Yasuna and Doji would meet Kuzunoha in her true form where she would explain much of herself. She revealed she was a Kitsune (somewhat obvious but it’s the thought that counts) as well as her existence as a kami tasked by Inari to guard the forest. She told her husband and son of how much she loved them, and gave Doji a parting gift, the ability to speak to beasts, before fully returning to the forest never to be seen again.

Doji would go on to further develop his supernatural powers, using both these and the many other gifts left to him by his mother to benefit himself, his father, and many others. His skill in the mystic arts, divination and astrology in particular, would attract the attention of Kamo no Yasunori, who would take him in as a disciple. In this honor he earned his adult name, the one which become famous throughout japan and the world, Abe no Seimei.

Abe no Seimei would become Yasunori’s successor inheriting his role in astrology and divination, becoming a Onmyoji of great power and prestige. Much of his time was spent upon divining the future, finding what was lost, and giving life advise. On occasion however he was called upon to help in the slaying of terrible demons and yokai. One particular instance of such was when he helped Minamoto no Yorimitsu in defeating the Oni Shuten-Doji.

Unfortunately the fame and fortune Seimei earned for himself would earn the ire and jealousy of others, most of all that of Ashiya Doman. A fellow Onmyoji powerful and famous in his own right, but considered the lesser of Seimei, Ashiya vowed to still Seimei’s title. Again and again he attempted to embarrass, outwit, and defeat Seimei but never once did he succeed.

One of these famous duels was a dual of divination, where Ashiya set out a box. Ashiya and a friend placed within fifteen mandarin oranges, and when the competition began Doman “divined” there to be fifteen oranges within the box. Seeing through the ruse Seimei transformed the oranges to rats and gave his answer “Fifteen rats live within the box.” Feeling he had bested his “Rival” Ashiya opened the box and was shocked to find not the oranges he had picked but rats scurrying out.

Though barring divine blood, Seimei still lived as a human, and died as one as well succumbing to old age. In his death he was recorded into the Throne of Heroes and left a long lineage of mages. One of these descendants Abe no Yasuchika would gain some small amount of fame for her role in the tale of Tamamo-no-Mae. To more easily gain fame and prestige Yasuchika claimed to be Abe no Seimei, thus fueling the misconception that it was he whom was exposed the Kitsune for whom she was.

Parameters

-Strength: D
    -Endurance: E
    -Agility: C
    -Mana: A+
    -Luck: B
    -NP: A+

Skills
    Class Skills:

Divinity A+: A skill denoting one’s divine heritage. Caster’s mother Kuzunoha was a Kitsune and lesser Kami, one born of and in service of Inari. While having a human father would normally reduce his Divinity to rank B having been deified as a kami after death, it has increased to its current rank.

Territory Creation A+: A skill to create special terrain, having great experience in creating workshops, and bounded fields for use in his duties as an Onmyoji Caster has earned this skill. It is further enhanced by the establishment of his shrine after his death. At this rank Caster is able to easily create a Temple or similar structure.

Item Creation A++: The ability to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items of daily use, Caster has made a number of magical tools and ritual artifacts for use in divination and his many other duties as an Onmyoji, earning him this skill at a high rank. At this level Caster is able to create a potion of limited immortality, however much of its focus is upon magic tools such as shikigami.

Transfiguration B+: A skill born of one’s ability to alter not only their own shape, but that of other people or objects, Caster has earned this skill as a result of one magic duel where he showed off this skill. At this rank Caster is able to transform most non-living objects into another form, even one which lives. When transformed the object may gain some amount of mass, though only a small amount. If transformed into a living creature it will gain a level of intelligence comparable to that of other similar living creatures, Caster cannot transfigure an object into a sentient creature. Other living creature cannot be transfigured unless they agree to it, or their will is less than that of Caster.

Personal Skills:

Animal Dialogue EX: A skill denoting one’s ability to speak with animals, Caster was blessed with the ability to speak with all beasts. Even phantasmal species which normally must use magic to speak to humans can be understood. Furthermore, this skill can be used to command lesser creatures with ease, as well as humans and similarly intelligent species though those with sufficient willpower can resist.

Divination A++: A skill denoting one’s skill at divination, similar to Clairvoyance it allows Caster to see past and future events. The main difference between the two skills is that Clairvoyance normally manifests as visions, or even simply knowing without a source, while this skill is the result of using rituals to produce the same results. Using his divination rituals Caster can learn almost anything in intimate details with an extremely high chance of accuracy.

Shikigami EX: A form of magecraft founded in the east, Shikigami are familiars created by entrapping spirits within objects (most often paper dolls) which have been inscribed with their own magic circuits. Caster being among the greatest Onmyoji to exist, earning fame comparable to that of Merlin and Solomon, he is able to effortlessly create Shikigami earning him this skill at its highest rank. At this rank Caster is able to create Shikigami within minutes which are capable of entrapping even high ranking Phantasmals. Heroic and even Divine Spirits can be forced into becoming Caster’s familiars, though this requires greater preparation and higher value Shikigami to do so.

Noble Phantasms
    Noble Phantasms:

Kamon Wu Xing: Crest of the Great Onmyoji’s Lineage A+:

A pentagram representing the five elements of Onmyodo and often used for its magecraft, Abe no Seimei forever engraved into both his legend and that of his family as their Kamon. This noble phantasm allows Seimei to command the five elements, increase both the effectiveness and speed of all his magecraft, as well as increase the parameters of allies.

In addition to all of the previous passive effects, he can inscribe his Kamon upon objects to enchant them, upon allies to further increase the beneficial abilities, or enemies to curse them. Finally all of these abilities are further increased for any member of the Abe Family. Even if they dislike Seimei or are not family by blood if they are at all related to him than they fall under this power.

Senji Ryakketsu: Divine Manual of Onmyodo B+:

A scroll upon which Abe No Seimei wrote a variety of things, from forecasts to fortune telling techniques, and advice for one’s personal life. This noble phantasm manifests the scroll as a magic tool capable of increasing the powers of anyone in possession of it, as well as allowing them to quickly learn the many magical techniques found within. Unknown to all save descendants of Abe no Seimei is the fact that the Senji Ryakketsu is secretly a shikigami.

As it is a shikigami the Senji Ryakketsu has the ability to cast magecraft on its own and can allow even ordinary humans born without magic circuits to do the same by using the scroll. The scroll also has the ability to be transformed into a concept and placed within another, which also increases their abilities, potentially to the level of a low ranked servant. If left within another’s body for a long enough time the person will begin to develop new magic circuits as a result of the body adapting the ones found within the scroll.

Finally as a shikigami the Senji Ryakketsu is able to manifest a phantasmal beast, specifically Kuzuno Shurui, a kitsune born of one of Kuzunoha’s tails. Due to the power of Kuzuno Shurui she is counted as a separate Noble Phantasm, one of equal rank to Senji Ryakketsu. Unfortunately to contain her within this shikigami Kuzuno Shurui’s power is massively restricted with the only way to summon her full power being to destroy the Senji Ryakketsu, something that Seimei considers a last resort only.

Kuzuno Shurui: Mother’s Kindness Made Flesh B+ (EX):

The spirit contained within Abe no Seimei’s greatest shikigami the Senji Ryakketsu, Kuzuno Shurui is an Alter Ego of Seimei’s mother Kuzunoha, born from a tail she discarded for the vary purpose of Kuzuno Shurui’s creation. Though Seimei never saw his mother again, she saw him often lurking in the shadows proudly watching on as her son became a great Onmyoji. In watching over him she eventually saw Seimei create his greatest shikigami, the Senji Ryakketsu, and took the opportunity to give him one final gift.

Removing one of her own tail she created Kuzuno Shurui, a physical embodiment of her kindness and love, and sent her to become the spirit inhabiting the Senji Ryakketsu. When summoned by its power she is massively restricted, barely qualifying as a lower tier servant. Even in this form she can still be useful summoning blue fire to defend herself and Seimei, casting illusions against opponents, and healing the wounds of allies.

Unfortunately, in destroying Senji Ryakketsu the cost in keeping her within the world becomes great, comparable to a high tier servant, or lesser divinity. This will tax both Seimei and his master, hence why this tactic is used only as a last resort. Worse still, the time and energy required to create a shikigami to re-contain her is so great, it simply cannot be done within the confines of a holy grail war.

Interactions
    Interactions with others:

-Summon: “Abe-no-Seimei at your service Master, I hope my skills may be of use.”

-Tammamo-no-Mae: “I do apologize for my descendants’ actions Aunty, were I there to stop her you never would’ve face such tragedy.”

-Raikou: “It’s good to see you again Mina-I already have a mother, so your advances are not welcome.”

-Shuten-Doji: “Did you enjoy that poison I made? Slaved over it day and night getting the color, taste, and toxicity just right.”

-Ibaraki-Doji: “Well, well, well, didn’t think we’d meet again after that little, incident.”

-Merlin: “I dislike being compared to you.”

Other’s interactions with him:

-Tammamo-no-Mae: “D-don’t try and confuse me, that man-or um-no he said he was a man, yes that man was you. It was Abe-no-Seimei who tore me from my beloved… right?”

-Raikou: "Well if it isn't Seimei, how nice to see you again *attempts to pat head*"

-Shuten-Doji: “My, my, my so you’re the one who created that poisoned sake. I don’t know wither to tear you, limb from limb, or thank you for thank you that exquisite pleasure.”

-Ibaraki-Doji: “No, no not you, stay away, stay away or I’ll burn you to ash *she tries* *insert bad time for banana oni*”

Authors Notes: This took a long time to do mostly because of the noble phantasms, that’s what took the longest, but thankfully I was inspired after seeing a few other Abe no Seimei sheets. Kuzuno Shurui was the most original of them, and yes, I was inspired by the Tammamo Nine when making that one. This kind of makes it a Bunrei Inception (Bunception) because Kuzuno Shurui is a Bunrei of Kuzunoha who in turn a Bunrei of Inari, who herself is a Bunrei of Amaterasu (which kind of makes Tammamo Seimei’s grandaunt), or at least that’s my head cannon.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    the ones from Fengshen Yanyi?
    I'm actually planning to get on those lol, since they are assimilated into even my own culture (Vietnamese folk religion) I'm even more familiar with them than Buddhism. Jin Guang Sheng Mu is my first step in that direction.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; October 17th, 2019 at 01:16 AM.