Page 21 of 858 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223263171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I'm not saying he'd be an Arabic ruler, but I am saying he'd be an Arabic hero, since the Arabian Peninsula is where he's really famous. Just like how a French prince can be an English hero or an English prince can be a French hero or a Japanese palace guardian can be a hero of humanity in general.
    Siegfried is from the netherlands but is the german national hero as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Also, about Shango, since he ascended to godhood couldn't the Divinity Skill at some ranking be appropriate? Unless the idea is that only the 'mortal aspect' of him was summoned....
    That's covered under the Orsiha skill. Also, I made him Lancer mainly because Berserker wouldn't have fit with my headcanon version of him being a "fight hard, party harder" guy like Lucio from Overwatch. Axe is close enough...
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    I swear we already had a Salah al-Din sheet, but apparently not.

Anyway, lacking anything else, I get to make the decisions as archive editor. He'll go in the Arabic category but Walpurga should go under the Judaeochristian category.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

There have been at least two other versions of him. One of them was disguised as a Hassan, though.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I'm not saying he'd be an Arabic ruler, but I am saying he'd be an Arabic hero, since the Arabian Peninsula is where he's really famous. Just like how a French prince can be an English hero or an English prince can be a French hero or a Japanese palace guardian can be a hero of humanity in general.
    Yes, but they do heroic did for England and France which also being a member of said nation knights, or in Emiya case being hero of humanity in general.

Saladin did it for Egypt and Muslim, his job are under Egypt's name. Which if people call him an Islamic hero, I would agree, but not Arabic.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Yes, but they do heroic did for England and France which also being a member of said nation knights, or in Emiya case being hero of humanity in general.

Saladin did it for Egypt and Muslim, his job are under Egypt's name. Which if people call him an Islamic hero, I would agree, but not Arabic.
    Saladin has become a prominent figure in Muslim, Arab, Turkish and Kurdish culture,[7] and he has often been described as being the most famous Kurd in history.
    i mean if you want to call him a kurdish hero sure.
    but there is no one who calls him an egyptian hero.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yes, but they do heroic did for England and France
    And what did Scathach, Queen of Skye (in Scotland) do for the Irish?

The point still being their job really isn't the issue so much as where their fame really comes from.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    i mean if you want to call him a kurdish hero sure.
    but there is no one who calls him an egyptian hero.
    Egyptian did, I mean he literally have his own page in Egyptian tourism website and "Saladin in Egypt" page in wikipedia.

But it already decided he fall under Arab anyway, so discussing further would be redundant.

And what did Scathach, Queen of Skye (in Scotland) do for the Irish?

The point still being their job really isn't the issue so much as where their fame really comes from.
    Training their greatest heroes.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Create a "Crusades" tab and be done with it.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    KoTR is an England knights, Roland's Paladins is an France knights and I'm sure Emiya is treated as Japanese Servant.

But Saladin is not an Arabian sultan, his sultanic reign was Ayyubid, an Egyptian Sultanate that succeed Fatimid Egypt. Most of his champaign revolves around Jerusalem, a place located in Israel/Palestine. So I don't know why he would be known as an Arabic ruler, unless it's about early Western misconception of Muslim = Arabic, which definitely wouldn't happen in Middle East community.
    Arabic =/= Arab, you know. Arabic is a language, and Arab a 19th/20th century ethno-nationalist construction. No one back in the days of Charlemagne would've called themselves French, but him and the Paladins are recognized today as exactly that. Arabic is an especially easy case with Saladin, since all his life he'd likely be speaking and writing in Arabic, as would those around him recording the stuff he did, and the same for people after his death making stories about him.

A Crusades section could be interesting, though. How many current heroes would go under that category?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably a lot more than the Australian section

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Berserker:

True Name: Pirithous

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Alternate Class: Rider

Strength- A
    Agility- B
    Endurance- A
    Mana- C
    Luck- C
    NP- A+

Appearance:

Personality: Wild and audacious, with a love for alcohol and women. Though rather brutish and quick to anger, Berserker does not truly hold grudges. He may annihilate an entire army in a rampage but afterwards, he'll have no problem kicking back and sharing a beer with the guy he tried to kill. A simple man with simple desires. So long as he can fight, drink and party without restraint, Berserker is pretty much satisfied.

Berserker has a great friendship with the fellow hero Theseus, who he refers to as 'bro'. Upon meeting, it is likely they would immediately rush at each other and exchange fiercesome blows, levelling the surrounding landscape and laughing merrily all the while. However, while their relationship was friendly, Berserker had rather a bad influence on the demigod and would often get him into trouble, dragging his reputation as king through the dirt on their various exploits.

He also really hates centaurs, some of the only creatures which Berserker bears a persistent grudge against. Due to how he became trapped in the Underworld, Berserker is extremely suspicious of all forms of seating arrangement and has a habit of double (or triple...) checking any chairs he sits on to make they aren't 'booby-trapped'.

Dislikes: making off with a bride on wedding day
    Talent: destructive partying
    Natural Enemy: 'horsey bastards', Theseus

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement (C)- Sacrifices sanity in exchange for raw power. Other then Luck and Mana, all parameters are given rank-up in exchange for a loss of reason. However, since Berserker never had very much reason to begin with, it seems his actual personality has remained more-or-less unchanged...

Personal Skills:

Monstrous Strength (C)- An innate ability possessed by monsters and beasts. Allows to temporarily increase one's own Strength by one rank for a time determined by the Skill's own ranking. Though not a true monster in life, Berserker's possession of this Skill comes from how his tribe, the Lapiths, were related to the monstrous Centaurs and his own wild nature which could be likened to that of a beast.

Oath Of Camaraderie (B+)- A sworn oath between friends. By swearing an 'oath of friendship' to a specific individual, the two become linked at a basic level. All Mana Berserker receives becomes shared between the two, and if one dies, then the other will perish shortly afterwards as well. In addition, the person for whom the oath was sworn will gain massively increased physical attributes just slightly below Berserker's own. Essentially, both Berserker and his oath-partner are treated as if they were one Heroic Spirit summoned with the Combination Skill.

Charisma (C)- Ability to inspire others, and lead armies. Berserker was king of the Lapiths, a legendary tribe from southern Greece known for their violent and rowdy nature, sometimes destroying entire nations in their cross-country parties/rampages.

Instinct (B)- The continuous ability to "feel" the most appropriate development(s) during a battle. At this rank, this heightened sixth sense is now close to true precognition. It reduces by half any obstacles to vision and hearing.

Noble Phantasm:

Pétra Líthis- Hero's Punishment, Stone Of Forgetfulness (A+, Anti-Army): The magical stone to which Berserker was imprisoned- alongside his friend Theseus- for trespassing into the Underworld and trying to claim Hades's bride Persephone for himself.

Weary from their journeys through the Underworld, Pirithous and Theseus decided to take a short rest on a large boulder they had come across. Unbeknownst to them, it was in fact the legendary 'Seat of Forgetfulness' which made any who sat upon it lose their memories, purpose and indeed entire past existence altogether.

As soon as they touched it, serpents sprang out and affixed them to the rock, while its amnesiac effects took hold immediately, the two heroes forgetting all about their original reason for coming to the Underworld, or that an upper world even existed at all. The hero Heracles eventually freed Theseus from the rock on his own journey to the Underworld, but the earth itself screamed when he tried to liberate Pirithous, who had committed an unforgivable crime in seeking to steal the wife of Hades.

As a Heroic Spirit, Berserker has refashioned this 'seat' into a gigantic stone club which he carries with him, suiting his own fighting style. The stone itself is a deep blue color with paler, softly pulsing veins running all along its length representing the river of Oblivion, Lethe, which flows through it. Using it as a club, writhing serpents will burst out of the rock with every strike to entangle enemies. These are phantasmic constructs rather then true living creatures and if killed, more will simply emerge in their place.

Invoking its True Name, Berserker swings his makeshift club mightily through the air, opening up a rift in space from which the dark waters of Lethe pour forth in a mighty deluge. Any living creature touched by these waters will begin to rapidly lose all memories of their previous life.

A single drop induces momentary amnesia while a full immersal is enough to make most humans nearly comatose. Prolonged contact in fact erodes at one's very existence, breaking up bodies into Mana and returning souls to the Root to be freshly incarnated, free from past attachments.

A ranking in Divinity, Skills granting protection from mental interference, as well as simply having an overwhelmingly strong sense of self, can resist the river's effect to varying degrees. But no mortal can evade it entirely. Originally this rock was intended to restrain Berserker for eternity, but it seems as a Heroic Spirit it has become a weapon he uses to destroy enemies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Classical mythology Servant from me. Pirithous was basically Theseus's best buddy who he rampaged around with in his later years, adventuring, fighting, destroying entire nations, all that good stuff. I went with a Ban FC since the 'wild' look suited him and also I imagined his relationship to Theseus to be pretty similar to Ban's relationship to Meliodas from Nanatsu No Taizai (the 'rush at each other and exchange blows while laughing' was taken directly from their meeting in that show).

I had to reach a bit to give him a fitting NP. The 'chair of forgetfulness' was named Lethe in some versions so I figured tying it in with that river made sense... It's a little odd that the object meant to imprison him becomes his NP, but similar things have showed up before in Fate so it's not really an issue.

As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms! Thanks.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm kind of surprised you didn't give him a skill based around kidnapping considering that was kind of his thing. I would highly recommend that you add one. I can understand you converting the boulder/chair he was imprisoned on into a Noble Phantasm, I would have envisioned it as an actual chair that unleashed serpents to bind the target to the chair and slowly drain mana and memories although I how you connected it to the Root as it adds a bit of Nasuy flavour

- - - Updated - - -

Also I was thinking of making a Dietrich von Bern sheet. It may be a while if I do it as I wanna make sure i do a good job as he seems a lot more interesting than Siegfried.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    I'm kind of surprised you didn't give him a skill based around kidnapping considering that was kind of his thing. I would highly recommend that you add one. I can understand you converting the boulder/chair he was imprisoned on into a Noble Phantasm, I would have envisioned it as an actual chair that unleashed serpents to bind the target to the chair and slowly drain mana and memories although I how you connected it to the Root as it adds a bit of Nasuy flavour
    Thanks for the feedback. Regarding a 'kidnapping' Skill, I admit I didn't think of that at all, and already gave him Oath of Camaraderie as a 'flavor' Skill. Was he even known for kidnapping anyway? It was mostly Theseus who was known for taking Helen and, while he did go to the Underworld to abduct Persephone, he never actually managed to successfully perform the act so I'm not quite sure if that counts. That and not knowing what a 'kidnapping' Skill would even amount to, and I think I'll leave that out for now.

The chair NP... how would it even work as a literal chair? "Oh hey, would you mind sitting on this?" *cue serpents*. Seems just a little bit contrived for my taste, though I guess it has precedent in the Ark Of The Covenant as a nearly useless but incredibly powerful if it connects 'trap' NP. One idea I had was he can imbue any form of chair or seat with the rock's power, which will suddenly spring out serpents when an opponent sits on it, but that's both not a very Berserker-like ability and would still be rather hard to use in actual combat.

The Mana-drain effect you suggested is interesting, though. Might consider adding that to the description.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Also I was thinking of making a Dietrich von Bern sheet. It may be a while if I do it as I wanna make sure i do a good job as he seems a lot more interesting than Siegfried.
    Dietrich's been done a few times here, but it sounds like there's a lot of room to work with when it comes to his legend. Looking forward to seeing your take on the guy!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Dietrich's been done a few times here, but it sounds like there's a lot of room to work with when it comes to his legend. Looking forward to seeing your take on the guy!
    It may take longer than anticipated, he has a lot of swords...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ideas I'm trying to wrangle into Servants: Ephialtes of Trachis, Milady de Winter, Eleanor of Aquitaine. But I'm kinda not in the mood atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Been there done the last one.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've done d'Artagnan and the cardinal has been done so de Winter would be pretty cool whenever you're up for it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    What kind of character was Milady again.