Page 733 of 858 FirstFirst ... 233633683723728731732733734735738743783833 ... LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,660 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saber

"What must be fought for will ultimately be lost, all that awaits is despair and emptiness. Yet all I can do is to keep fighting until I die like a dog. That is my Pride - my Way of Kingship."

True Name: Brân Fendigaidd
    Epithet: "The Blessed King of the Mighty Island"
    Alternate Classes: Lancer, Rider
    Origin: Mythological
    Region: Britain (Mabinogion Cycle)
    Catalyst: His Severed Head Under the Tower of London
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Dislikes: Abusers, Politics
    Talents: Swimming, Telling Stories
    Natural Enemy: Himself

Parameters:
    STR: (A) END: (A) AGI: (B) MGI: (C) LCK: (C) NP: (A)

Appearance:
    As a part-Giant, Brân towers over most humans at a staggering 11 feet 6 inches tall making him unable to fit in most medieval houses. He has short spiky black hair and black eyes. He wears a primitive set of medieval armour that only covers the vital areas so as not to weigh him down. He also dons a long beige cloak that protects him from the wind and rain.

For a weapon, Brân carries a humongous iron sword that is longer than most Heroic Spirits are tall.

Character:
    Immediately after being summoned, Brân will declare his name to be "Alder" when asked by his Master so as to not say his True Name aloud. Brân is a sombre man, rarely speaking unless spoken to and showing little emotion at first because he is still haunted by the memory of losing his comrades at the end of his life. But nevertheless Brân will bravely fight for his Master and should they prove a worthy ally then he will slowly return to his boisterous self, telling stories of his various adventures and helping make great food to feast upon with his Master. Humble and sincere, he has no qualms about serving under someone and is relieved to be freed from the restraints of politics and can fight to his heart's content against other famous heroes. However, he never permits betrayal, and he will not forgive one who does it, whether they are a Master or not.

While not dumb, Brân prefers a head-on approach when it comes to battle, charging recklessly at opponents and overwhelming them with brute strength. He claims it's because "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" so if pushed against the wall his only response is "hit harder". If his Master wishes him to fight tactically then they'll have to use their brains to come up with strategies and Brân will try his best to execute them.

Skills:

Class Skills

Divinity - (A)
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. Those who have A Rank Divinity or above have reached the Throne of Gods and thus can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig. As the son of the Sea God Llŷr and the maternal grandson of the Sun God Belenus, Brân's Divine Spirit aptitude is among the highest afforded to Heroic Spirits.

Magic Resistance - (B)
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Brân fought against a variety of magical beasts during the twilight years of the Age of Gods. Even if he is targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Riding - (C)
    Denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. At this Rank, one can flawlessly ride vehicles and animals that received a proper training and adjustment. There are few anecdotes of Brân riding a mount due to his great size, however he was given one worthy of his bearing during the battle against the evil Gods thanks to his friend Arawn. But even Brân cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills

Battle Continuation - (A+)
    A Skill that allows for the continuation of combat after sustaining mortal wounds. It will also reduce mortality rate from injury. This Skill represents the ability to survive and/or the mentality of one who doesn't know when to give up, consisting of one's strength of vitality in predicaments. Even after being mortally wounded by a poison arrow, Brân continued to fight until he and his men won. Even being decapitated by his own men and carried back to Britain - Brân's head survived for seven years before finally succumbing to his wounds. From this anecdote, even if he receives a fatal wound, Brân can keep on fighting for seven turns before dying.

Berserk - (B)
    A composite Skill of Bravery and Mad Enhancement which grants the user the ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination, but also having the bonus effect of increasing melee damage. Because of his Giant blood, Brân turns into a beast that fights mostly on instinct rather than using the finesse of a warrior. Enemy Servants might even mistake him for a Berserker Class Servant based on his wild fighting style. Depending on the situation Brân might even forgo his giant sword and simply start beating the enemy to death with his bare fists.

Charisma - (B)
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. At this Rank one is sufficient to lead a country as its ruler and the morale of military forces he or she commands is extremely high. Brân was the High King of Britain, ruling over the united people as a popular king until his untimely demise. The prophecy of the crows that gathered upon his grave was so revered that no later ruler dared to touch the sacred birds - even Churchill ordered their protection during World War II.

Noble Phantasm:

The Unknown Hero
    Blessings From The Everdistant Utopia

[Type - Passive Self Buff], [Noble Phantasm Rank - A], [Maximum Range - N/A], [Maximum Number of Targets - Self]

In a battle of supernatural beings, Brân was chosen to be the champion of Arawn - King of the Otherworld and the Faeries to lead his army against the forces of the malicious gods who wanted to take Arawn's land. As it was a war between Elementals and deities, Arawn gave his authority to the mortal Brân so that he could not be killed so long as his name was unknown.

Crystallized into a Noble Phantasm, this blessing from the Elementals protects him from mortal wounds whether physical or magical by redistributing the damage across the entirety of his body in order to reduce it, so for example a destroyed heart would be converted to mere scratches across his skin. This protection doesn't make Brân invincible as if the damage adds up over the course of a battle to where it gets too much or if his body is destroyed in a single attack then the protection won't matter either way. However the true weakness of this Noble Phantasm is the condition Arawn set upon Brân's invicibility, where it would dispelled completely once his name is spoken aloud. It doesn't matter if he kills the person who said it and fights someone who doesn't know his identity, once it's gone then it's gone.

Brân isn't particularly concerned if he loses this Noble Phantasm during the Holy Grail War since he believes that true strength is overcoming one's own limits anyway, as evidenced when the trickster God Gwydion managed to identify Brân on the battlefield but he continued to fight without the blessing and still returned home alive. But nevertheless he'll maintain the secrecy of his name since the blessing represents the bond of trust between him and Arawn.

Lore:
    Born the first son of a God and a Cewri, Brân knew he was different from regular humans very early on as his strength was abnormal and he quickly grew to tower over everyone but his younger siblings. Nevertheless, Brân tried his hardest to get along with others and became admired for his skill in combat as well as his hard work ethic. The people of Britain soon rallied around him and when the High King passed away Brân was immediately presented as the next choice to lead the people. And so he ascended the throne and became the champion of the people, helping unite the territories and going on many adventures - from bringing peace between the Giants and the humans, to befriending the King of the Otherworld and to even fighting malicious Gods.

One day whilst fishing by the coast, Brân saw a mysterious ship approaching Britain. He walked down the coast to greet the men disembarking and their leader introduced himself as Matholwch - King of Ireland. The foreign king explains that he has heard that Brân's sister Branwen is the fairest maiden in the land and has come to ask for her hand in marriage. Brân consents and soon a great feast is held as the engagement that will bring unity between Ireland and Britain. But the celebrations are cut short when Brân's tempestuous younger brother Efnysien crashes the party and demands to know why he was left out. He then throws a tantrum and starts mutilating Matholwch's horses in rage. This obviously angers the guests and to avoid conflict breaking out, Brân offers his Magical Cauldron that has the power to raise the dead to Matholwch as compensation. This satisfies the Irish King and the feast ends without further incident. Matholwch and his bride sail back to Ireland to be married and soon they have a son named Gwern.

Time passes peacefully until Brân receives a starling with a note tied to its leg fly into his castle. Reading the letter he learns that his sister is being beaten daily by Matholwch's men because of their dislike for the British whilst the King himself turns a blind eye. Enraged Brân musters up all his soldiers and dives into the sea, swimming to Ireland whilst his human soldiers followed behind in boats. Learning of Brân's approach, Matholwch tries to calm him by sending letters wanting to negotiate and that he has an empty castle that Brân and his men can stay inside whilst peaceful dialogue occurs. But Brân remained restless and continued onwards to Matholwch's personal castle. Strained talks were held, until Brân's younger brother Efnysien burst in reporting that he had checked out the supposed "empty castle" and it was full to the brim with armed soldiers. Efnysien once again goes on a rampage and kills Matholwch's son Gwern and so inevitable war breaks out. Brân and 150 of his men versus the whole of Ireland, the fighting is fierce but there is seemingly no end to the Irish warriors. Efnysien realises the issue, Matholwch is using the Magical Cauldron to resurrect the dead soldiers so they can fight again. Making up his mind to save his siblings, he dives into the Cauldron and destroys it from within, sacrificing himself in the process. Slowly but surely Matholwch's forces are cut down, but the Irish King does not give up and orders his archers to fire upon the British with poisoned arrows - even if it means hitting their own men. Seeing the rain of arrows, Brân gets in front of his men and swings his sword over and over to deflect the arrows. His men come out fine, but a single poison arrow had struck Brân's leg. Fighting through the pain, Brân and his men continue onwards and slay the evil King and all of his men, sparing only the women and the children.

After everything was over, Brân found he could no longer stand because of the poison which was slowly spreading through his body. He ordered his seven surviving soldiers to cut off his dead weight and take him back to Britain. They complied and decapitated him, taking his (still alive) head back aboard the remaining ship across the sea. Upon landing in Britain, they found it to be a very different place. Roman soldiers has occupied the land and the British had been enslaved. Brân continued to advise his men on what to do and over the course of seven years they stealthily moved from place to place inching closer to the Roman headquarters - Londinium. When they eventually arrived they found it burning to the ground thanks to a woman named Boudica, Brân gave his final orders to his men and they climbed the White Hill of Londinium and buried their King's head under the hill facing the continent to ward off invaders.

According to some eyewitnesses, King Arthur once came to the White Hill to pay his respects and to declare that Brân could rest easy as Arthur was now the new protector of the realm. Other witnesses claim that it was the Knights of the Round Table who arrived and dug up Brân's remains and took it to a mysterious castle where there were rumours of a certain Grail...

Bond Lines:

What does it mean to be a King?
    "A King is the leader as chosen by his people. He protects his countrymen and in return his soldiers will lay down their lives to protect him. That's why I don't regret waging war with Ireland as despite the heavy loss of life, we all fought honestly and bravely to rescue my sister - no, even if she hadn't been my sister we still would have gone simply because someone asked to be saved."

Are you even 'Human'? Why would you chose to lead them?
    "I know we're commonly called "Giants" but the Cewri aren't like the Jötnar of Norse legend or the Titans of Greek. If anything we're closer to a subset of humans and as such I suspect that as the Age of Man progressed we didn't go extinct like the Jötnar and Titans but instead grew smaller until we were indistinguishable from humans. As for why I lead the humans, it's no great mystery. My mother was a mortal like me and she said that all life exists in a balanced circle and that by living alongside each other we can grow together. And so I and my siblings fought to protect the normal humans from Monstrous Beasts whilst the humans gathered resources, farmed crops and built homes for everyone to live in."

Who is your greatest enemy?
    "If I could be cheeky then I'd say "myself". No seriously, I thought being the child of a God meant that I had to uphold the utmost virtue and see the best in everyone. But I know now that I was just being naïve and didn't see people for who they truly were. Had I seen the evil in Matholwch's heart then I wouldn't have given him either my sister nor my cauldron. I was also too weak to properly control my younger brother from his violent outbursts. Still, it's not too late to make amends and that is why I swear I will protect you my Master."

What is your Wish upon the Grail?
    "When I departed to Ireland to save my sister, I left my young son as Steward in charge of the Kingdom. Needless to say he was killed by our fellow countrymen who wanted the throne but ended up handing the Kingdom over to the Romans. Perhaps a virtuous King would wish to save his country or his people...but I cannot betray my heart and so I would tell my past self to take my son with my so that he would have a better chance at surviving by my side."

Relationships:

Beowulf - "Ah, I sense a similar fighting spirit in you. What say you to a sparing match?"

Boudica - "It seems you have suffered much at the hands of the Romans. Yet another sin that I am to blame for."

Fionn Mac Cumhaill - "Ah, if only you had been the King of Ireland that I met. Things would have turned out so differently."

Galahad - "What's that boy, you once found a magical cup? Could that be the remains of my Cauldron...?"

Julius Caesar - "So, this is the man that conquered my Kingdom whilst I was away. I see your ego is as big as your gut."

King Arthur - "So this scrawny thing is the famous Once and Future King eh? Tell me little king, did you manage to rule without having any regrets?"

Creator's Notes:
    I was a little worried that I couldn't come up with a good Noble Phantasm for Brân, but I kinda like that he doesn't have any fancy gimmicks outside of his strength and determination. If the Ruby Text of Brân's Noble Phantasm sounds familiar then it's because it's borrowed from Avalon's subtitle since Brân was blessed by the King of Annwn which overtime became Avalon in Arthurian Lore. With how strong he is, I did consider making Brân a Grand Saber, but then as I was mulling it over I decided that in my mind a Grand Saber would need to be either the greatest swordsman or possess the ultimate sword regardless of how strong they are and because Brân was neither I relented in the end.

For any Harry Potter nerds, they might notice that Brân's height is identical to Hagrid's canonical height since they're both part Giants. Credit to Ali Don whose usage of Guts as the faceclaim in their own Brân Sheet made me unable to see Brân as anything other than a Guts clone. XD

As usual, all comments and criticisms are welcome.
    Last edited by Skull; January 14th, 2019 at 06:25 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Oh, yeah, that Oya-sama sheet from a while ago. That was a pretty good one, actually. Outlandish idea, but you did pull it off well.
    Thanks, man. I was unsure at first like with many sheets, but I feel quite satisfied with it now

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You're welcome.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries

Class:
    Caster
    Other Classes: /
    True Name: Leopold II
    Nicknames: The Slaver King, the "Humanitarian" King, the Builder King
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Place of Origin: 19th Century Belgium

Parameters
    STR: D
    END: E
    AGI: E
    MGI: D
    LCK: D
    NP: B
    Info

Height: 190cm
    Weight: 100 kg
    Dislikes: journalists, Belgium, his wife, horses, his daughters, music, illness
    Talent: Profiteering
    Natural Enemy: Edmund Dune Morel
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Earth, Humanoid
    Armament: a bullwhip ("chicotte") made of hippotamus leather
    Catalyst: a severed hand
    Class Skills

Territory Creation C+
    A Caster-class Skill. It allows its user to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself. Leopold can build a Château, similar in function to a Workshop. Later referred to as the "Builder King", Leopold II was known for his many, many construction projects. There is an anecdote where his nephew and successor tells him his new gardens look like "a little Versailles"! Leopold was said to have answered: "Little"?

As Leopold received his epithet largely because of the multitude of his projects rather than their immense cultural significance or legacy, he has received a conditional bonus to maintaining multiple territories at a time.

Item Construction -
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build magical items of all kinds, ranging from implements of war to items for daily use. As Leopold has no legend of building anything, he does not have this Skill, nor an equivalent.
    Personal Skills

Distant Tyrant's Charisma B
    A Skill that shows the user's status of being a tyrant, yet one who never saw the people he ruled with an iron fist. Leopold II never set foot in the Congo, but still ruled it as a "proprietor" and inflicted wounds upon the people and the land that will in all likelihood never heal.

Nonetheless, many sources claimed Leopold was a very charismatic man. The Hon. George Washington Williams, a black American who hoped to establish a free nation of Africans in Leopold's Congo, described him as "a pleasant and entertaining conversationalist. (...) One of the noblest sovereigns in the world; an emperor whose highest ambition is to serve the cause of Christian civilization, and to promote the best interests of his subjects, ruling in wisdom, mercy, and justice". Later, of course, he realized the true depths to which Leopold would sink.

Golden Rule B
    A skill that refers to the measurement of one's ability to acquire wealth. At this rank, money troubles are a far-flung concern.

Leopold II was beyond wealthy, both before and especially after he had started the colony business and squeezed every penny from the land. He was at the very least a millionaire throughout his life, and only became wealthier and wealthier. Even so, his eternal greed for still more money is such that his cousin, Kaiser Wilhelm II, once called him "Satan and Mammon combined".

Information Erasure D
    A Skill that ensures the removal of information regarding the Servant's abilities from the record and memories of all eye witnesses, including the opponent, once an engagement is concluded.

This Skill has been awarded to Leopold based on two factors: firstly, the fact that he waged a true propagandistic war in his attempts to justify the existence of the Free State. He left no stone unturned, no political leader he could reach unbribed, and battled fiercely against the efforts to show the world the true horrors of his regime, including having a bonfire consume reports on the Congo that raged for a week. Secondly, that most Belgians tried their best to forget the horrors they had perpetuated in the Congo. The Belgian government had denied researchers access to information that "might damage its reputation", and so it simply denied all information from that era. Schoolchildren today, in fact, are barely taught about the Free State, let alone its true nature.
    Noble Phantasms

Mercenaries and Slaves Pacifying Their Own
    Force Publique

Type: Anti-Group
    Range:
    Max Targets: 3500

The "Force Publique" was the military force under the control of Leopold, meant to police what he saw as his private property. In essense, the force was composed at first of mercenaries, then supplemented by black slaves. The army was widely feared for its exceptional brutality, and it was used to enforce the rubber quotas. Of course, no black man was ever allowed to become an officer - those posts were exclusively for white men. Discipline was enforced by means of the "chicote", a bullwhip which often left permanent wounds and was sometimes fatal.

As a Noble Phantasm, it allows Leopold to conscript locals into his service, whether it is their will to cooperate or not. By "infecting" others (only possible when meeting someone face-to-face), he can unchain them from morality and turn them into little more than savages, indulging their every malevolent whim. Slavery, hunting, sadism, rape: none of it becomes beyond the pale for these men. Leopold has some command over their actions, but he will largely ignore whatever it is they do so long as it is in his profit.

The Yell of Leopold's Ghost, Burning in Hell for his Hand-Maimed Host
    Congo Free State

Type: Anti-Country
    Range: The vicinity
    Max Targets: 10 million people

A Noble Phantasm representing the whole legend of the "Free" State of Congo, including all of its horrors. The plunder, the murders, the death squads, the famines, the war against the Arabs, the overworking, the rebellions, the disease, the destruction of the cultures, the separation of families, and untold atrocities more.

When activated, the Noble Phantasm has a simple, but deadly effect: it forcibly assumes control over the leylines of the area. The time this takes depends on the size of the area, although this is still rapid: an area roughly the size of a city can be taken over within a single day. With control over the leylines, Leopold's power is augmented immensely; he essentially does not need to fear running out of mana, can deny access to those same sources of Mana, and he has a complete picture of the area at all times. Once Leopold has taken control of an area with this Noble Phantasm, the general atmosphere of the original Free State will be recreated: a blood-drenched, greedy haze will descend, the crime rate will soar, and given enough time the people will irrevocably be tainted by sheer greed. At places where the leyline is especially strong, spikes will grow out of the ground, with what looks eerily like human heads seemingly growing out of the spikes.

Nonetheless, the control is not complete. Every once in a while, the leylines buckle and try to throw off their opressor. It is in these moments that Leopold is most vulnerable.
    Lore

Born in 1837, Leopold II was the second ever King of the Belgians, his father (Leopold I) having been recruited for the purpose of assuming the throne. Young Leopold's life was by no means easy: his parents were married without a trace of love, and he himself was married to a woman who he reviled and who reviled him in turn, Archduchess Marie-Henriette of the house of Hapsburg. His only son died. His sister became the quickly-deposed and widowed Empress of Mexico, and went mad besides. His first daughter left her Prussian husband for some minor count. His second daughter was left widowed, as her opium-addicted husband and his mistress were found dead in a murder-suicide. His third daughter wanted to marry for love, but this was not politically satisfactory for Leopold.

As he was not particularly fond of the country he would come to rule, Leopold set his eyes on the rest of the world. After many attempts to give Belgium a colony, the Scramble for Africa and the recent discoveries of Henry Morton Stanley (himself a figure worthy of attention), among many others, finally allowed Leopold to maneuver his way into the object of his desire: the unclaimed territory of the Congo River basin. This he accomplished through backroom deals, careful politicking, outright lying and bribes to the corrupt leaders of Europe.

And so he ruled the "État Indépendant du Congo" largely by himself. No government was involved, and although Leopold seems to have first wanted to style himself the "Emperor of Congo", he would later refer to himself as its "proprietor". He ruthlessly exploited the lands and its people, first exporting ivory; when this proved not as profitable as hoped, Leopold's men instead conscripted forced laborers to farm rubber sap. To motivate the slaves, the practice of severing their hands as well as holding their families hostage was widely enforced. Quotas were maintained that required men to work for hours at a time digging out rubber, travelling further and further and taking more risks to get what they needed. This period lasted from 1885 until 1908. In that time, historians estimate from the extremely copious evidence that due to the Rubber Terror, the population dropped by "at least a half" - meaning about ten million people.

However, as the atrocities mounted and mounted, so did evidence of the abuses, and so did advocates against the rampant misuse. Among many, many others, Edmund Dune Morel (a British journalist appalled by the "abolished" slave trade he saw in broad daylight) railed against him time and again, and started the Congo Reform Association. The Aborigines Protection Society, too, rebuffed Leopold. The novel Heart of Darkness was written about the author's experiences in Congo. At length, it became one of the biggest scandals of the 20th century.

In the end, Leopold wrangled the Belgian state into outright buying the state from him, for the sum of 215 million francs (*). This did not mean much had changed for the inhabitants of Congo themselves - their new master proved slightly less cruel than the old one, but that was no great hurdle to clear. Only when the ivory and rubber was close to running dry would a change come - and even then, their first democratically-elected president would be assassinated by Belgium and the United States.

Leopold himself would not last much longer. Some months after the Congo was sold, he fell fatally ill. In preparation for his death, he married his mistress (who later returned to her original boyfriend, who some would also call her pimp, and who was 48 years younger than him). He signed a bill necessitating compulsory military service, his hand still shaking from the anesthetic of his surgery, and a few hours later died. He was succeeded by his nephew, Albert I - a far more popular monarch.

(*) This sum would come to roughly 1 billion euro, or 1.2 billion dollars, in today's money (very roughly).
    Personality

On the outside, a charismatic king. Always ready with compliments, and very capable at seeing the levers he needs to pull to get people on his side. He has a huge appetite; at one point, he devoured two roast pheasants, after having had several entrees. He is careful to always present himself as motivated solely by humanitarianism. Unlike most nobles, he does not show disdain for "lesser men".

On the inside, a man intrinsically motivated by profit, who acts less like one might expect of a king and more like a unscrupulous CEO. He fundamentally does not care about people, regardless of them being his responsibility or otherwise. All he cares about is building his own fortune and exhibiting it. The source does not matter. Where it comes from does not matter. In the words of the Roman Emperor Vespasian, "pecunia non olet" - money does not stink. No matter the atrocities commited in its name.
    Relationships

Albert I:
    My boy, I suppose we could not be more different. I was never content with our small country; you seem to fit it like a glove. A leader like you could have had it all! You could have perhaps bought back the Congo, instead of leaving it on this stupid, rudderless course. Belgium could have become great, but you left it as I found it: mediocre.

Marie-Henriette, his wife/Louise, his daughter/Stephanie, his daughter/Clementine, his daughter:
    Bah! I have neither words nor a single cent for the likes of you!

Alexander the Great:
    Hm? You accuse me of conquering merely for financial purposes? Nonsense. To bring civilization to Africa, to resist the Muslim slave trade, are those not worthy goals? My motives are entirely pure, I assure you.
    Creator Notes:
    I want to say two things: first, that my source for this whole thing was King Leopold's Ghost by Adam Hochschild. Second, I am Belgian. When the description for Information Erasure says that you don't learn about the Free State in school, that's because I never actually learned about it. It's not treated like the Holocaust, which we did cover in significant detail. I don't recall it getting more than a single mention in a history lesson. It was honestly pretty mindblowing, realizing the sheer scale of the monstrous shit we got up to.
    Last edited by NMR-3; January 14th, 2019 at 06:22 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    Ephemeral Dream (うたかたの夢, Utakata no Yume?) is a Skill that represents a lifeform born from illusions because of an individual’s desire

I read that Alter Ego are personifications of strong emotions or wishes

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Ephemeral Dream (うたかたの夢, Utakata no Yume?) is a Skill that represents a lifeform born from illusions because of an individual’s desire

I read that Alter Ego are personifications of strong emotions or wishes
    I don't think that's a valid enough reason to give it to an Alter Ego, considering that none of the official ones have it. Jeanne Alter has it because she's the result of Gilles wishing to the Grail for his ideal waifu. You'd need a similar explanation to that in order to give it to your Alter Ego

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bran: A really fun, badass sheet. Given the legend of his head living on for seven years after he was decapitated, I think Bran could easily qualify for an A+ rank in Battle Continuation (the same level as Shuten).

Leopold II: I don't recall ever hearing much about this guy before but he sounds absolutely terrifying. Overall a very well-done sheet. I do have a few questions though. First, his ranking in Territory Creation seems curiously low given you mention all the great building projects he undertook. C is at the level of Tamamo whose mindset isn't suited for creating a territory, so I'd expect someone known as the "builder-king" to merit at least a B-rank.

Second, regarding Congo Free State, how long does it take Leopold to seize control of an area's leylines? It'd be kind of overpowered if he could just do it instantly after being summoned, so I assume he has to secure the territory first (sort of like Vlad and his Demonic Defender Of State). It might help to clarify that in the sheet itself, since as of now it's a little unclear.

Blog Entries
    So, I'm working on Alter Ego "Loyal Dog" (tentative name) and am trying to come up with Skills for it. Considering that Argos and Hachiko are famous for waiting for absurd amounts of time for their masters' return, would Battle Continuation work? Part of my reasoning was that Argos apparently waited for twenty years before he kicked the bucket after Odysseus returned, which is longer than the normal lifespan of a dog.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Leopold II: I don't recall ever hearing much about this guy before but he sounds absolutely terrifying. Overall a very well-done sheet. I do have a few questions though. First, his ranking in Territory Creation seems curiously low given you mention all the great building projects he undertook. C is at the level of Tamamo whose mindset isn't suited for creating a territory, so I'd expect someone known as the "builder-king" to merit at least a B-rank.
    I've always taken Territory Creation of rank B and above to belong to those that constructed culturally or magically significant sites. In that sense, Leopold didn't build things of immense importance, he just built a lot. I felt like a rank of C described that kind of thing pretty well. Might upgrade it to a C+ to represent the multitude though.

Second, regarding Congo Free State, how long does it take Leopold to seize control of an area's leylines? It'd be kind of overpowered if he could just do it instantly after being summoned, so I assume he has to secure the territory first (sort of like Vlad and his Demonic Defender Of State). It might help to clarify that in the sheet itself, since as of now it's a little unclear.
    I've edited that in: roughly a day to take a city feels roughly right for dramatic purposes.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bran: A really fun, badass sheet. Given the legend of his head living on for seven years after he was decapitated, I think Bran could easily qualify for an A+ rank in Battle Continuation (the same level as Shuten).
    Fair point, it has been adjusted accordingly.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    So, I'm working on Alter Ego "Loyal Dog" (tentative name) and am trying to come up with Skills for it. Considering that Argos and Hachiko are famous for waiting for absurd amounts of time for their masters' return, would Battle Continuation work? Part of my reasoning was that Argos apparently waited for twenty years before he kicked the bucket after Odysseus returned, which is longer than the normal lifespan of a dog.
    What about Independent Action since they're acting for a long time without their master?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think Unyielding Will would fit better to represent their determination to reunite with their master, as Battle Continuation is more specifically focused on combat. Alternatively, even Independent Action might work, being the ability to persist for longer than one should be able to without a Master. Doggo could have a unique variation that when they're separated from their Master, continually supplies them with magical energy until they reunite.

Edit: Ninja'ed. (That's what I get for considering my posts so much before submitting them).

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    I don't think that's a valid enough reason to give it to an Alter Ego, considering that none of the official ones have it. Jeanne Alter has it because she's the result of Gilles wishing to the Grail for his ideal waifu. You'd need a similar explanation to that in order to give it to your Alter Ego
    Haah sorry Lady Tiamat, I may gotten a bit overeager with my ideas and forgot that how skills tie in to lore.

On a brighter note, other servant ideas are the African hero Mwindo from the Epic of Mwindo and Pwyll from Welsh mythology along with Pwyll's wife Rhiannon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Haah sorry Lady Tiamat, I may gotten a bit overeager with my ideas and forgot that how skills tie in to lore.

On a brighter note, other servant ideas are the African hero Mwindo from the Epic of Mwindo who's, from what I read, basically African Gilgamesh and Pwyll from Welsh mythology along with Pwyll's wife Rhiannon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh it s seems you have double posted double a post !
    A heartly welcome in the lounge,besides !

Lambda :i think Single Mindedness would suit more because its more mental as battle continuations.and a little surprising fact the documented oldest Dog were a Australian Shepard who had reached the age of 29 years.
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; January 14th, 2019 at 08:07 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Leopold II: Although i see that he is a more commander type fighter ,has he actually some direct fight/combat means ?and how long does are the victims infected and how can i imagine the"unchaining" process visual? Nevertheless a terrifying servant .good job.i wonder how Gilgamesh would view his deeds as king ?

Spontan question : Does someone actually made here a profile of one of Gilgameshs parents ,i wonder now ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; January 14th, 2019 at 07:38 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Sorry for double posting, my phone acts a bit twitchy

Blog Entries
    I think Unyielding Will would fit better to represent their determination to reunite with their master, as Battle Continuation is more specifically focused on combat. Alternatively, even Independent Action might work, being the ability to persist for longer than one should be able to without a Master. Doggo could have a unique variation that when they're separated from their Master, continually supplies them with magical energy until they reunite.
    Hm... You have a point about Unyielding Will over Battle Continuation. As for Independent Action, that does make a lot of sense. Your recommendation of a unique variant that continually supplies Alter Ego with magical energy until he reunites with his Master could function just as well as a slightly modified version of Self-Replenishment (Mana), in my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    a little surprising fact the documented oldest Dog were a Australian Shepard who had reached the age of 29 years.
    That is quite surprising.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Does Alter Ego get the weak constitution skill since poor Hachi did suffer from terminal cancer and worms

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Does Alter Ego get the weak constitution skill since poor Hachi did suffer from terminal cancer and worms
    Hm... Maybe.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Leopold II: Man, I lurked here for a while but I don't think I recall seeing a Leopold servant quite yet. Not enough people know about him or the atrocities he committed. Nice job on him, dude.
    Current FGO setup