Page 300 of 858 FirstFirst ... 200250290295298299300301302305310350400800 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I've done an injustice to Wittgenstein's character. Also the explosion based ability I was going to point out that it's heavily inspired, to the point where it could easily be seen as a rip off, from Leshrac's Diabolic Edict from Dota 2. The Second Noble Phantasm though I will make a poor attempt to defend. I was attempting it to be a crystallisation of Wittgenstein's lack of reliance on other established methods and primarily logic. But yes it is a mess of a sheet I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Sorry, I've done an injustice to Wittgenstein's character. Also the explosion based ability I was going to point out that it's heavily inspired, to the point where it could easily be seen as a rip off, from Leshrac's Diabolic Edict from Dota 2. The Second Noble Phantasm though I will make a poor attempt to defend. I was attempting it to be a crystallisation of Wittgenstein's lack of reliance on other established methods and primarily logic. But yes it is a mess of a sheet I'm sorry to have wasted your time.
    Don't beat yourself up. I actually found the sheet pretty damn fun to read, though certainly rough in patches (and I won't be too hard on you for that, interpreting Wittgenstein is *hard*). And I figured the explosion power was based off of something, though personally I'd compared it to Guila's aptly named Explosion Magic from Nanatsu No Taizai. (The original manga/anime series, not the ultra-lewd Ecchi title bearing that name in this year's lineup)

- - - Updated - - -

Just for fun, since they're both philosopher Servants, how do you think your Wittgenstein would get along with my Empedocles? (In a fight or just in general)

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “’Tis a pleasure to meet you all, my children. Unfortunately, you stand in the way to my Master’s goals; thus if you do not surrender, your lives will be forfeit.”

Faceclaim

Servant Class: Saber

True Name: Hugues de Payens, The First Grandmaster

Place of Origin: France

Alignment: Lawful Good

Attribute: Man

Alternate Classes: Caster, Rider, Shielder

Catalyst: The Cross of Demetrius (Although it may summon the other Grandmasters of the Order)

Dislikes: Tea, Harsh sunlight, Women

Talents: Treasure hunting, Organization

Natural Enemy: Those who prey upon the defenseless, Jacques de Molay(Avenger ver.), Saladin

Parameters:

Strength - B
    Endurance - B
    Agility - D
    Mana - C
    Luck - B
    N.
    Phantasm - A

Background

Hugues de Payens was the 1st Grandmaster of the Order of the Knights Templar, as well as a co-founder in its formation. With a dream to protect the defenseless, he took a bold step and attempted to create a group that can do exactly that. An influential figure within the foundation of the order, he assembled 8 other capable individuals who shared his dream, forged a philosophy that all church militant organization followed, as well as responsible for the order's continent-wide fame within several years.

Born in around 1070, Hugues was from a house of minor nobility within the town of Champagne. Since youth, he held the same idealistic dream as other children of his youth: to become a defender of the weak. While all others eventually dropped this dream as a childish one, he held onto it; believing that with enough persistence, being a protector won't be such an impossible dream. As such, he dedicated all that he had in his training as a proper knight; while it was grueling, Hugues eventually came to be the efficient and reliable vassal of the Count of Champagne.

A veteran of the First Crusade, he was one of the few noble souls who marched towards Jerusalem with the goal to reclaim the Holy City. But on the path to the Holy City, Hugues witnessed the slaughter of countless pilgrims shook him to his core; the need was there, to offer protection. But alas, there is little he can do at this time. Shaken by war, Hugues retreated and served in the Dome of the Rock for a period of time. But with his dream of being a protector reawakened, he eventually left for France the following year only to revisit the Holy Land in 1114 with other secular knights, supported by the Count of Champagne.

Upon returning to the Holy City, Hugues and his companions entered the service of the Holy Sepulchre Canon to defend and protect pilgrims who came to meditate in Jerusalem. To this end, one of their first actions was to build the tower of Destroit, on the road from Cesaree to Haifa. In 1118, they created the Order of the Poor Knights of Christ which in 1119, after having taken their monastic vows in front of Jerusalem’s Patriarch they assumed the name “Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon,” or more simply, Knights of the Temple, or just the Templars. Hugues became the first Grandmaster of this burgeoning Order.

Until 1127, Hugues and his companions provided protection for pilgrims going to Jerusalem. In autumn of this year, Baldwin II, King of Jerusalem, and the Patriarch Goromond decided to send Hugues and five of his companions West to ask for help. At the same time, Baldwin II sent a missive to Bernard of Clairvaux for two reasons. First, it was important to establish recognition for the Templars. Second, the new Order required a Rule to live by, and therefore someone to write it. After a year of editing, the founding members created The Latin Rule, where it contains 72 articles on the responsibilities and laws that all Templars have to abide.

Aside from protecting pilgrims and innocents, the Knights Templar also had a keen interest in finding artifacts. It was said that within the very site of where the temple once stood, the knights uncovered a vault that contained vast amounts of relics and riches, among them was supposedly the Spear of Destiny and the Holy Grail. Of course, these were mostly rumors; but it was no lie that the the Knights Templars gained massive amounts of wealth and knowledge from the ruins of the temple. What these secrets and knowledge, however, was never revealed. One one thing was certain: whatever they found underneath the site, it brought enough importance to become renown from across Europe.

During the next two years, Hugues and his companions travelled through France developing their burgeoning Militia. Their travels also served to secure provisions indispensable to their functioning in the Holy Land. In the spring of 1129, Hugues embarked from Marseille for the journey back to the Holy Land. His companions and numerous new Knights accompanied him. After several more years, his work paid off; with allies and connections from the Papacy to even the Hassans themselves, the small group of formerly nine exploded to a continent-wide organization spanning thousands along with massive tracts of land.

According to chronicles, Hugues died in 1136. At a respectable age of 66 years. His longevity leads many historians to think that he simply died of old age. Even though he had passed, Grandmaster after Grandmaster took his sword in hand, hoping to continue his legacy.

Personal Traits

The Hugues de Payens that's the Great Founder of the Knights Templar.
    A pious and charismatic individual, it's no surprise that this former knight-slash-priest managed to sway entire countries into supporting his organization. The Grandmaster radiated an air of great wisdom and strictness, and it's assumed that he is able to dispense said wisdom with those who wishes to hear. Of course, this isn't the case; despite the wise/serene disposition, Hugues is rather approachable and is actually rather friendlier then he initially lets on. In fact, instead of the image of a wise holy warrior, it's replaced with an awkward bachelor. However, he'll only show this side of him towards those who gained his friendship, so be prepared to earn them; as the Grandmaster won't be flaunting his kindness to those who hadn't proven their worth.

As a proper example of the Knights Templar, Hugues is a staunch follower of The Latin Rule. Unfortunately, his obedience to the Rules tends to cause more problems for himself than anything else. As a result, he will definitely struggle against opponents who doesn't abide by any codes of honor, and can be deceived easily. Any subject regarding women is a bigger problem, since the Rules dictated that all contact with the opposite sex is forbidden, Hugues lacks experience in dealing with them. And that's not even counting the ones regarding curfew and the weekly diet... Sometimes, he wished that he should've been a bit more lenient when making the Rules.

Because of pouring all that he had into creating an order that protect others, Hugues left absolutely nothing to himself. Upon reflection, all that he did was to fulfill a childhood dream took everything out of him. Even he admits that although he enjoys aiding the weak, the Grandmaster still lacked a sense of fulfillment. Thus, it's not surprising to realize that he doesn't truly know about the concept of "Happiness." As a result of his protective tendencies, Hugues can get a little clingy - but not in an extreme or romantic way, but as a byproduct of his childhood wish gone wild. Although this may cause some troubles, the worst-case scenario being him stalking the Master to make sure they are safe. In a way, Hugues has become more of a doting big brother than a proper Grandmaster of a secretive Order.

Although predictable, Hugues' one and only wish is to reform the Holy City of Jerusalem into a Avalon-esque Paradise the crusaders fought tooth and nail to reclaim - a safe haven for those torn by suffering and war. It's not just his personal wish, but also for the countless people who died during the First Crusade. With the lifelong goal to create a Paradise, Hugues would most likely answer the summoning of a Master who shared a similar goal. For wishing a world without conflict or danger is truly a selfless thing to do.

Extras:

(Disappointed that he was summoned during his younger form. Apparently, he believed he had an impressive-looking beard in his later years, and was disappointed that he'll have to start over from scratch. Unbeknownst to him, growing one is impossible due to him being summoned at his "physical peak.")

(Absurdly considerate of his master's use of resources. even the smallest use of money was met questioning and even most plans will have conservation of mana as a priority. As a result, any use of Noble Phantasms are held back unless absolutely necessary.)

("For the last time, my name is pronounced 'Hugh,' not 'Huges!' I've heard those jokes from Bernard countless times before, and I am certainly not going to hear them again!")

Reactions/Craft Essences

Cross of Demetrius

"Since I was but a child, I wished to be a hero.
    One who protects, and One who fights in the name of the Lord.
    It has been years since that dream was conceived,
    and years since my beloved knights rose and fell.

But even now, I know it wasn't enough.
    For there still others who needs help,
    others who still require my protection.

Under my flock, no harm will come to them.
    Under my flock, no danger will befall them.
    Under my flock, no one will dare to disrupt this utopia.

And so, I will take up this blade once more,
    and once more I will recite my chant.

For I must make this dream mine, my holy city...
    Where we will all reside within this Paradise...

My Jerusalem..."

---

Reactions with Other Servants:

The Hassans in general:Oh, The Ones from the Mountains… While mysterious, they proved to be valuable allies when we established ourselves. …Did you expect us to be mortal enemies? No, far from it; we lend them our routes, supplies and ports, while they lend information and… assistance.
    ...In truth, I was kind of surprised that I was still alive after the encounter!

Avenger!Jacques de Molay(Enemy): “So… This is what became of my knights… Please, young one; lower your arms while you can, for I am not raising my hand against a fellow knight of the Cross. Should you continue, however… I will free you from your torment.”

Arturia(When Master Asks): “The King of Knights? It is no doubt that I admire her, for both her legend and legacy was a indeed one of the many motives that I created my Order; an group that doesn’t just protect the country, but also those traveling the roads between them. …I even created a “Round Table” of sorts with my other 8 compatriots! P-pardon me, that behavior was rather unbecoming of me.”

Archer and Assassin EMIYA: “Rejoice, fellow Servant! Together, we shall dispatch these vile fiends under the Lord's gaze- …Why so tense? We are allies, are we not?”

St. Martha(Enemy): "Before we fight, there is one matter I'll like to inform my master about. Master... I sincerely apologize in advance. Why? ...You'll see. I am going to get my face punched in... "

---

Bond Lines:

Lv. 1: "As a Servant, it's my duty to protect you and those you cared for. So I swear by both my blade and the Cross, we will create our Paradise."

Lv. 2: "Master, you shouldn't work yourself to the bones. Here, have some of the sweets I received from those two strange girls. ...Why can't I eat them? (long sign) ...the Rules had decreed."

Lv. 3: "The relics my Order had possessed? Normally, I would say that's classified, but I can certainly confirm that we did uncover quite a collection. huhuhuhu...The head of Christ himself? N-no! Of all the ridiculous speculations I've heard, that's straight-out hogwash!"

Lv. 4: "I know this might sound foolish Master, but... How does one 'have fun?' Upon reflection, it occurred to me that I didn't even know about it myself. Protecting others does yield a positive reaction from me, but even that felt rather lacking; it's as if it was within reach, but disappeared soon afterwards. Honestly, it's kind of pathetic; even after death, this foreign concept still eluded me... Perhaps, maybe you can show be how to be like that. ...N-n-no! That's not the 'fun' I meant, the Rules forbids it!"

Lv. 5: "Master, I will repeat my promise to you once more; as a Servant under you command, we shall create our Paradise! Of course, we must save humanity beforehand. So please... try not to wander too far; you're under my protection, after all."

Skills

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - B-
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. In Hugues' case, High Thaumaturgy as well as Greater Rituals will be cancelled immediately.

However, despite the high rank, the source of the resistance stems from the Grandmaster's sword; so assuming he's disarmed or the blade leaves his person in any way, the rank of this Skill will drop to D. Honestly, the only reason the ranking didn't fizzle out of existence when Hugues is disarmed is due to his position as a Knight-Class Servant.

Riding - C
    The ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon-type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.

At this rank, all beast mounts and small vehicles (e.x: motorcycles) can be ridden with above-average skill. While the Grandmaster was proficient at riding mounts, he loathed riding out in the middle of scorching hot days back when he was alive. As a result, the Skill's ranking is lower than usual.

Personal Skills:

Golden Rule - B
    A Skill that refers to the measurement of one's fortune to acquire wealth.

Initially, the newly founded Order of the Knights Templar was dirt poor due to the lack of new members and notoriety. But due to powerful connections, the Church, powerful nobles and even kingdoms began to support the Knights Templar. Later in Jerusalem, the Order eventually discovered the treasures hidden within the depths of Solomon’s Temple, increasing their already ludicrous amounts of wealth to even greater heights. And with the guidance of Hugues and the other founders, the Knights Templar was able to create the first banking system; as a result, many priest and travelers were able to safely transfer and store their money. With the overflowing amounts of riches in their grasp, it’s no wonder that the organization were easily able to fund their campaigns/crusades.

…However, since there’s no need to fund a grand crusade right now, it’s highly likely that Hugues will immediately donate the money he gained to the nearest charity.

Great Founder of the Fletching Order - A
    A Skill that is the proof of Hugues’ reputation as the founder of a powerful organization. An ideal just as grand as the Knights Templar require both the strength of the user’s ideals and character; for great leadership, military experience as well as the willingness to step in to defend others. A composition of C-ranking Military Tactics, Charisma, and Guardian Knight.

Determined to protect others, Hugues was willing to do anything - even creating an entire organization if needed be. With the help of his 8 fellow knights and nobles, they've managed to create a small but determined group with the goal to ensure the safety of all Christians in the Holy Land. By a turn of fate, the small militia of formerly 8 exponentially grew into a large organizations spanning thousands. Under Hugues' military experience along with his diplomatic talents, the Knights Templar's influence spanned most of Europe along with the Middle East. Armed with a singular purpose, all of the knights were vowed to defend what is sacred and holy from all threats.

The Latin Rule - _
    The list of rules and ideals written by the founding members of the Knights Templar, with the final draft overlooked by Hugues himself. Taking inspiration from both the rules of Saint Augustine and Saint Benedict, these rules were designed to enforce the strict lifestyles of a monk while accommodated for a knight’s routine revolving combat and military exploits.

Despite the modifications, the rules listed were Spartan and very demanding of both the Knights’ physical and mental capabilities. For those who had taken to living by these rules to heart, they gain a heightened resistance akin to Unyielding Will every time they are in an unfavorable environment - like scorching deserts or a hallway filled with traps. Even powerful attacks will merely stagger them, for the reciters’ resolve never waver. Fittingly, this Skill is a true example of their resolve, as said by a certain priest:
    ​"Their souls were protected by the armors of Faith, and their bodies were protected by armors of Steel."

Additionally, upon reciting the rules, Hugues is able to negate all mental interference and enhance focus on a single target. However, the user will block all activities outside of their focused subject - making him blind to all but his target. To the view of others, Hugues seemed eerily calm; slowly walking towards his targets while quietly recites the passages of the Latin Rule akin to a mantra. Usually, this effect lasts until either Hugues or the target he's pursuing dies.

Noble Phantasms

Cross of Demetrius - The Sacred Blade of Our Great Grandmasters - Anti-Unit - A

The sword passed down from Grandmaster to Grandmaster, it was the symbol of the might of the Knights Templar. Discovered by Hugues himself within the depths of Solomon’s Temple, it eventually became his signature blade within the Order. Said to be blessed by a Warrior-Saint from a distant Age as well as made from a fragment of the True Cross, it grants protection to magecraft and other “dark arts,” along with dealing more damage to beings of demonic or pagan origins. When combatting the enemy, white flames envelop the blade, as if intended to cleanse its victims with holy fire.

Being the first individual in recorded history to actually wield the blade, the strength of the weapon increases due to possessing more mystery surrounding it. Despite its size, the blade is relatively light; allowing the Grandmaster to fluidly cut as his opponents, as well as being able to wield such a sword one-handed. The white flames can be commanded to burst into jets of flame from all 4 ends, almost like a oversized lightsaber. Aside from dealing additional damage towards “unholy” opponents, the white flames warms the soul, allowing a slow regenerative effect on Hugues and his allies.

Although the blade possesses superb resistance to magic, the Sacraments of the Church would completely bypass it. Additionally, those with Divinity Skill would be completely immune to the flame effects of the blade. Servants related to the Church would also be resistant to it, as the blade was meant to slay those opposed to the Faith.

…But truly, the biggest flaw of them all is that it still can't shoot beams.

---

Les Saints Protecteurs - Our Little Round Table - Anti-Unit - B

The representation of Hugues' fellow co-founders of the Knights Templar. Aside from Hugues de Payens were Geoffrey de St. Omer, Payen de Montdidier, Archambaud de St. Agnan, Andre de Montbard, Geoffrey Bisol, and two knights recorded only by their Christian names of Rossal and Gondemar. The ninth member remains unknown although some have suggested that it was Hugh Conte de Champagne. Bound by both blood and faith, they set up the foundations of the order and its laws. While not influential enough to be Heroic Spirits, the 8 members lived on as a single NP as a promise to never leave their co-founder behind.

Upon activation, 8 different phantom projections start to form as an “aura” of sorts around Hugues. Instead of attacking independently, the 8 projections attack one at a time. Like an afterimage of sorts, these projections follow up on the Grandmaster's attack. For instance, Hugues simply attacks once, and then one projection attacks, followed by the other 7 with the exact attack one by one. While the attacks are the same, they’ll likely be struck from different angles in an attempt to not let the opponent adapt so easily. Essentially, this allows him to attack the same way in multiple successions. As a result, this serves as a excellent NP to make up for his lackluster Agility as well as to keep Hugues’ opponents on their feet.

Obviously, one of the biggest problems with the NP is the blatant repetitiveness of the attacks; because the projections merely repeats Hugues' attacks, the practicality of the NP is questionable since any experienced fighter will be able to pick up on the repetitive pattern. Also, it is possible to successfully “kill” the projections, although it will eventually return within 2-3 minutes or so.

---

Pur Rêve de Mes Chevaliers Déchus - I will Take the Cup of Salvation - Anti-Army - A

The ultimate Noble Phantasm used by Hugues de Payens, taken exactly from the funeral rites within the Latin Rule. Unfortunately, serving as a member of the Knights Templar doesn't guarantee a long lifespan. As a result, recitations of the rite were extremely common during the Crusades. Despite all the deaths, all of the funeral rites were carried out with heartfelt dedication; instead of a sorrowful goodbye, it is a farewell in hoping their fallen had finally reached Heaven for their sacrifice. In turn, those who were living will carry on their dream of protecting the Holy Lands and the faithful that resided in it.

Pay in mind that Les Saints Protecteurs must be active beforehand. Upon activation, a white circle, with a radius of 25 meters in diameter and the entirety of the Latin Rule inscribed around it will appear. Beings of the Evil Alignment that were caught within the circle will be slowed and “bound” by the inscriptions. With each of the projections surrounding the edges of the circle, Hugues will conjure a illusionary replica of the Holy Grail; pay in mind that this Holy Grail was their ideal view of the vessel: one that is the sacred cup that contains the holy blood of Christ himself instead of the corrupted vessel that exudes cursed mud. Afterwards he will recite the mandatory funeral rites spoken by the Knights Templar, albeit a modified version:

(Translated)
    Rite Dialogue

“Help us, O Lord.
    For you can hearth our cry.
    Hear us, O Lord.
    For only you can saveth the spirit.
    Redeem us, O Lord.
    For none of them that trust in Him shall be desolate.
    He will redeem your souls from the power of the grave: for he shall receive you.
    And so I shall taketh the cup of Salvation, and spread its waters in hopes of safe passage.
    And from the waters shine a beacon of hope.”

As Hugues is reciting the rite, he is also slowly emptying the contents of the illusionary Grail onto the ground - in turn, the circle's glow becomes even brighter as more were poured out. And upon finishing the recitation, he will stab his blade into the ground, and the opponents caught within the circle will be blasted upwards with a pillar of holy light; literally sending his opponents upwards to Heaven. Truly, a fitting NP that guides these lost souls towards both Heaven and redemption; and with the light being a beacon, hoping to guide them towards the Pearly Gates.

A major issue regarding the use of this NP is its absurd mana consumption. Combined with Les Saints Protecteurs, the amount of mana used has a high chance of outright killing the average magus, while rendering an exceptional one extremely exhausted. Not to mention that opponents that possessed Divinity or any Skills related to Faith will take only half the normal damage. This isn't counting the vulnerability of the Grandmaster, where he is unable to defend himself as he repeats the rite.

---

(Honestly, I'm sure I could do better with this sheet.)

(I was thinking of deleting one Skill for this Servant, but I don't know which one. Any thoughts on which?)
    Last edited by SleepMode; May 13th, 2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Tweaked some minor issues on personality and quotes
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    I don't see anything about Hugues literally sacrificing himself for Christianity, which is warrants Protection of the Faith in the first place.
    Latin Rule seems to do almost the same thing and still gives him enough Christian flavor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    I don't see anything about Hugues literally sacrificing himself for Christianity, which is warrants Protection of the Faith in the first place.
    Latin Rule seems to do almost the same thing and still gives him enough Christian flavor.
    Did as you suggested. In hindsight, both Skills were pretty similar...

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Dislikes: Tea, Harsh sunlight, Women
    The manliest Crusader right there, he has an attack that is literally an explosion of light but he probably won't use it because it would hurt his eyes
    I mean as a whole this Servant sheet is awesome. There's not much else to say but the only nitpick I had was why his agility is low? I mean D is still pretty high but I imagined that during the Crusades he wouldn't just tank every attack. Then I realised, he would... he would

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ymir View Post
    Not cray-cray enough.
    I didn't want to go too far down the rabbit hole tempting as it was, 'sides if someone were to do a different version they can go all out.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Su Daji: Pretty well-done as a whole. I'd tried to write up a Daji sheet a few times in the past but could never come up with a good enough NP for her (tried to go with a composite letting her summon all the torture devices associated with her, but coming up with a distinct ability for each turned out too difficult). A little surprised she doesn't have anything like Torture Techniques or Mental Pollution, but I guess she has enough Skills already.

Only thing else I can say is that I feel Riding could probably stand to be a bit higher for 'certain reasons'... *wink wink, nudge nudge*
    After Tamamo Cat's NP was explained I got the idea for a Caster Su Daji with a reality marble that came up with a random torture game. That then changed to a Rider version that created a forest reality marble with her summoning phantasmal beasts but i disliked that and went in the direction I took.

I scrapped several skills from her for sheer balance otherwise she would have had 7 personal skills. As for Riding? No. It makes sense for Medb and that Catherine the Great sheet I did but it wouldn't have worked here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    As for Riding? No. It makes sense for Medb and that Catherine the Great sheet I did but it wouldn't have worked here.
    Wholesome

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    As for Riding? No. It makes sense for Medb and that Catherine the Great sheet I did but it wouldn't have worked here.
    That would be Assassin Daji.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    I know that's part of the Skill description, but when did Vlad ever "sacrifice himself for his religion" either? Sounds more like he sacrificed other people for it...

Blog Entries
    I know that's part of the Skill description, but when did Vlad ever "sacrifice himself for his religion" either? Sounds more like he sacrificed other people for it...
    While I don't exactly understand Protection of the Faith I believe it's either your own life being sacrificed for religion or head a reign of terror and kill hundreds. On a more serious note maybe it's based on the exact disposition of your religious faith, for one religion it may be seen as holy to kill hundreds whereas for another it wouldn't saint you? It's quite a weak argument but it's the best I could come up with, sorry

Blog Entries
    While I don't exactly understand Protection of the Faith I believe it's either your own life being sacrificed for religion or head a reign of terror and kill hundreds. On a more serious note maybe it's based on the exact disposition of your religious faith, for one religion it may be seen as holy to kill hundreds whereas for another it wouldn't saint you? It's quite a weak argument but it's the best I could come up with, sorry
    By the way, I forgot to mention before; but if you want a disguise based Skill for Wittgenstein then I think Espionage would've fit better then Presence Concealment (particularly since you even used the word espionage itself in the Skill description). Not sure if you're still taking feedback on Wittgenstein, but I felt I might as well put this out there.

Blog Entries
    By the way, I forgot to mention before; but if you want a disguise based Skill for Wittgenstein then I think Espionage would've fit better then Presence Concealment (particularly since you even used the word espionage itself in the Skill description). Not sure if you're still taking feedback on Wittgenstein, but I felt I might as well put this out there.
    You're right but the Wittgenstein sheet is just past the point of ever being helpful to anyone, sorry for having bothered you.

Blog Entries
    You're right but the Wittgenstein sheet is just past the point of ever being helpful to anyone, sorry for having bothered you.
    ...The idea of him pretending to be some kind of master-spy (when everyone around can see through him) is genuinely pretty amusing, though.

Blog Entries
    Through the power of self-suggestion, the Espionage Skill is possible!

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Through the power of self-suggestion, the Espionage Skill is possible!
    Well, that explains why Vlad had Protection of the Faith. Self-Suggestion at EX rank

Blog Entries
    Upon looking at my Hugues sheet, I realized there may be some things regarding personality I would like to revise...

Meanwhile, given his more positive portrayal as Saber, I've thought of making him as an Saber Alter, where it focuses more on the Templar's bloodier side as well as his flaws...

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Upon looking at my Hugues sheet, I realized there may be some things regarding personality I would like to revise...

Meanwhile, given his more positive portrayal as Saber, I've thought of making him as an Saber Alter, where it focuses more on the Templar's bloodier side as well as his flaws...
    Given his overprotectiveness, I could see Hugues Alter being a straight-up yandere locking his Master in a gilded cage to "keep them safe", ala Toma from Amnesia...

Blog Entries
    Given his overprotectiveness, I could see Hugues Alter being a straight-up yandere locking his Master in a gilded cage to "keep them safe", ala Toma from Amnesia...
    More or less the case.

Oh, by the way, how would your Nameless Crusader react to my Hugues sheet? Just curious.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    More or less the case.

Oh, by the way, how would your Nameless Crusader react to my Hugues sheet? Just curious.
    She'd probably look up to him like woah. Given his awkwardness around women I could easily see Hugues taking up a very protective role to her and being discomforted by the idea of such a "beautiful, frail maiden" fighting on the battlefield. Pretty much like Shirou and Saber in the Fate route, only more "over-protective big brother" then "love interest".