Page 196 of 858 FirstFirst ... 96146186191194195196197198201206246296696 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I like the guy, getting big mid/final boss vibes off him.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Helen & Clytemnestra: At first I was wondering whether they should have Dioskouri, since that's pretty much a term exclusive to Castor & Pollux. But then you justified it by saying the two actually were Castor & Pollux, whose existence was rewritten by legend to match the Greeks' sexist preconceptions. Makes me wonder if Castor & Pollux could be summoned separately at all, or if any attempt would just get them instead.

Having Helen and her sister as a pair of adventurous tomboys is pretty sweet, so I like the core idea of this sheet quite a bit. Has some grounding in lore too, since I'm pretty sure Helen at least did train in boxing before the whole marriage fiasco began. Since you portrayed them as different takes on the same character(s), I'm curious as to how the two would get along with my own Castor & Pollux.

Oh and by the way, your images don't work. You should correct them.
    I probably should have put the lore earlier, or done something to make it clear that they're merged with their brothers' myths. Forgot to do it, though. I imagine them being summoned as Castor and Pollux as some kind of Lily version would be pretty similar to your interpretation to be honest.

At least one ancient writer imagined Helen training with her brothers in boxing, so I've always liked the idea of her as a tough Spartan.

Images are working fine for me, though. Well, I did reverse search the images to get a smaller version, so the website might not be reliable. I dunno, I'm terrible with this sort of thing.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SSW View Post
    Images are working fine for me, though. Well, I did reverse search the images to get a smaller version, so the website might not be reliable. I dunno, I'm terrible with this sort of thing.
    Nope, they definitely don't show up for me. I think I read somewhere here that the problem with linking images from certain sources is that they're already in your "drop-box" (or something, forgot the exact term) and so if you try to check whether it works or not, it'll show up for you but other people won't see anything.

I dunno'. I'm honestly not that much better at "this sort of thing" then you are. When you're posting up images though, it's best to use Imgur or some similar image-hosting source. Anything else I've generally heard to be spotty at best.

Yeah, they aren't working. You can just go to the source and see them, though. So I guess it doesn't really matter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Yeah, they aren't working. You can just go to the source and see them, though. So I guess it doesn't really matter.
    Thanks, I hadn't noticed that option originally. Damn, those are some real hotties...

Blog Entries
    Hello, there. Fresh blood here to play. Lurked around here for a little while now and thought it was about time I tried my hand at this myself.

I know Galahad's been done quite a bit already, but I was too deep into his lore to stop so... enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Servant: Saber

True Name: Sir Galahad
    Epithet: God’s Knight
    Alternate Classes: Lancer/Rider/Shielder
    Place of Origin: Camelot (Corbenic)
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Height/Weight: 190 cm/80 kg
    Dislikes: Evil
    Natural Enemy: None

Stats
    STR: B
    END: A+
    AGI: B
    MGI: A
    LCK: A+
    NP: A++

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance A:
    Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what high-thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

Riding C:
    One can flawlessly ride animals and vehicles that received a proper training and adjustment.

Personal Skills:

Siege Perilous A:
    A skill awarded to he who was destined for the Grail. Siege Perilous was the empty seat at the Round Table reserved for the knight who would succeed the Grail Quest. All those who aspired to sit there found it to be fatal, except for Saber.
    As the destined obtainer of the Holy Grail, the chair grants Saber greater endurance and resistance to corruption so he will not fall in his quest or steer away, as long as he seeks the grail. But if he were to turn his back on the Grail even slightly, the skill will become a fatal curse and instantly cause him to die.

Mana Defense A:
    A skill similar to Mana Burst; Magical Power is directly transmitted into defensive power.
    Determination of Steel B+:
    A composite skill combining the effects of Bravery and Calm and Collected. It provides mental fortitude capable of negating mental interference and keeping a steady state of mind in the face of any danger and event.
    At Saber’s level, he can ignore pain and resist intimidation and confusion from the enemy during combat.

Noble Phantasms

Sword of Divine Prophecies
    Sword of Strange Hangings
    :
    A Magic Sword of the near miraculous power. Once known as the Sword of David, it was further enhanced by the King of Magic, Solomon, who set it out to sea on Solomon’s Ship so that his future descendant, Galahad, may use it one day.
    Its name comes from the ordinary hair girdle on the sword despite its otherwise lavish appearance. Its cross guard is made from the bones of two mythical beasts and grants its wielder resistance to excessive heat and the ability to achieve perfect focus and remove needless thoughts in combat. Even King Arthur’s mighty Excalibur was only second in magnificence to the Sword of Strange Hangings.
    There is a powerful curse on the sword maintained by holy powers that smites any that dare to wield it other than its destined owner, Galahad. The curse, however, can be reversed by Galahad to be used against his opponents by releasing a scorching blast of white light. At its maximum power, this attack was known as the Dolorous Stroke and was capable of reducing the countries of Wales and Listenois to nothing but wasteland.

Guardian Angel
    Shield of Evalach
    :
    A large white shield with a red cross painted on it in blood. The shield itself is no more than a slightly sturdier than average shield, but within inhabits a guardian spirit that protects it from those not destined to wield it.
    The guardian spirit can be manifested to fight alongside Galahad or give him holy advice. In front of others, it assumed the form of a white knight. To Galahad alone does it reveal its true form as a beautiful angel who doles out loving affection and strict consolation to its wielder.

Lore
    A member of the Round Table and the Greatest Knight in Arthurian Legends. Born the son of Lancelot, he was destined from birth to be the hero who would succeed the Grail Quest. Among all the mighty heroes of the Knights of the Round Table, he was the greatest and the purest, chosen by God himself. His entire life was ordained by destiny and he accomplished many great feats. He survived the curse of the Round Table’s Empty Seat and he pulled the sword set in the floating stone, meant only for the greatest knight.

His greatest accomplishment was accomplishing the Grail Quest. Commanded by King Arthur, who sought the Holy Grail to sustain the island’s dying mystery, Galahad set forth to find it. On his journey, he preformed many miracles, healing the sick, saving damsels in distress, and banishing demons, until he became known for both his saintliness as well as his gallantry. Eventually, he arrived at Corbenic where he, alongside Sir Perceval and Sir Bors, found the Grail.

Yet, Galahad did not bring the Grail back to Camelot. Instead, he made a wish upon it before returning it to heaven. The man who had simply done as destiny desired made a single request: To be able to die when he chose. With his destiny fulfilled, he said farewell to Percival and Bors and ascended to heaven.

Personality
    Galahad was a saint in all but name. He was a man of pure virtue, lacking a single fault to his character. Kind, gentle, and a paragon of chivalry, he was the perfect knight much less person. Among the Knight of the Round Table, what made him stand out was not his combat prowess but mentality. He found it difficult to enjoy life as the other knights did. He struggled to be rowdy or be merry when parties commenced. He did not romance any of the damsels he saved nor did he take pride in his strength. Though he was perfectly amicable, he spent most of his time alone.

In addition, Galahad had no ambition of his own. His entire life had already been ordained through destiny and he simply played the part as best he could. As such, he also saw himself as nobody special. If he could save a single life by throwing away his, he would do so in an instant. Being nothing but a tool of God, he was an obedient warrior with little sense of self.

And yet, in his final moments, he made a single rebellion. Though King Arthur had sent him to retrieve the Grail, he used it instead to fulfill his one wish before returning the Grail. In those last moments, the man who was but a tool for Heaven acted a little bit human. In truth, behind his unyielding purity and determination, he slightly admired the simple kindness and emotions of humans. Unlike him who fought evil simply because he was destined to do so, the normal humans who could perform kindness despite their flaws seemed brighter than any holy knight. The ones he hates the most are the ones who shamelessly abuse others for their own profit.

As a side note, regarding his father, Lancelot, he refuses any connection with him. He respects the man as knight and friend but does not show him any particular familial love. He could not consider a man he never knew in youth to be his father.

Extra
    Bond Line Lvl 1: “My name? Don’t worry about it. My name is not worthy mentioning.”
    Bond Line Lvl 2: “Master, your orders. Your will shall be my command.”
    Bond Line Lvl 3: “If I had to say… I think that Master is rather human, don’t you think? No, no, it’s a good thing. To be both human and righteous is its own virtue.”
    Bond Line Lvl 4: “I should enjoy life more? Hmm… I can’t say I know how. Oh, you’ll teach me. Very well, I suppose that makes you my senior in that regard. Would you like me to call you Senpai?”
    Bond Line Lvl 5: “It’s been a while but I think I see Master in a new light. Allow me to re-introduce myself then. I am Sir Galahad. My sword and my shield are yours to wield. Please continue to guide me, ok, Senpai?”

About Lancelot: “A strong and dependable knight. That is all I have to say.”
    About Arturia: “King Arthur was the greatest king a kingdom could ask for… that it would fall was but the whims of fate.”
    About Mordred: “I’ve always had a trouble reading this one. I could never tell who he was trying to fight.”
    About Solomon: “It’s a little amazing to think that I’m descended from such an amazing guy. Even now, I feel like he’s watching over me.”
    About Mashu: “How envious… Though we were both born tools for a single purpose, though we share the same skills, the heart behind her shield weighs more than all my greatness combined. She isn’t a human yet she is undoubtedly human.”
    About Enkidu: “So he too… I suppose, compared to him, I was rather lucky.”

Bond CE: First Wish

It was finally over.
    Before me a cup of unworldly splendor appeared.
    I knelt before it in awe.
    My Lord expected me to return it to Camelot.
    The Lord commanded me to bring it to Sarras.
    But my feet did not move.
    My destiny was fulfilled the moment I found the Grail.
    So I prayed. For the first and final time.
    If Destiny must decide how Galahad should live,
    Then at least let Galahad choose how Galahad should die.
    I would follow the Grail to Heaven.
    Just this once, I could be a little selfish, right?

Notes
    Well, since it's my first sheet, I should go for a simple servant... or so I thought. I'm not exactly sure where Nasu's going with his interpretation of Arthurian Legends. So the lore for this sheet ended up becoming a bit weird.

He's a Saber this time but I still gave him a shield because at this point Galahad = Shield is a must. There's a bit of Mashu intertwined into his personality but that's just because they're similar to begin with.

US Friend Code
    Gahalad
    Nice sheet, i don't see much out of place and nothing seems to be glaring wrong. Good work. Curious though, how does Sword of Strange Hanging function as a Anti- Fortress, is it a beamu beamu sword? I couldn't really get it from the description.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Nice sheet, i don't see much out of place and nothing seems to be glaring wrong. Good work.
    I agree. The stats might be a bit high but Galahad was pretty good and pretty famous so I think it's fine. Good job on your first sheet and welcome to the forum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Nice sheet, i don't see much out of place and nothing seems to be glaring wrong. Good work. Curious though, how does Sword of Strange Hanging function as a Anti- Fortress, is it a beamu beamu sword? I couldn't really get it from the description.
    All swords are beamu beamu sabers... but yea. It shoots a white beam. Could probably word that better.

I agree. The stats might be a bit high but Galahad was pretty good and pretty famous so I think it's fine. Good job on your first sheet and welcome to the forum.
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    To be honest, I don't think Sword Of Strange Hangings should be better then Excalibur. It's pretty much canon in the Nasuverse that Excalibur is both the greatest and most famous holy sword, so the far more obscure sword wielded by Galahad has really no right to be more powerful then it. (Just think, how many people could name Excalibur versus Galahad's sword?)

The beamu effect is also kind of boring, and I think surely you can do something more interesting with the idea of the Dolorous Stroke. Other then that, the sheet was fairly good though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't really like the idea of a pretty obscure sword being more powerful than Excalibur, which is easily the most famous holy sword, either. The only other holy sword I could see being stronger than it is Roland's Durandal because Excalibur was based on it, but it's already confirmed Excalibur is stronger than it so yeah... Stats are fine though. KoTR Servants are all said to be grade A Servant material when it comes to sheer battle power and Galahad is a special snowflake even among them. He feels less special than what we've heard of him in canon thus far, but that's fine I guess. The sheet's good otherwise really.

Blog Entries
    Servant Avenger:
    True Name:
    Shinji Matou
    Loki Laufeyson

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Alternate Classes: Saber, Lancer, Archer, etc (all standard Classes)

Strength- B
    Agility- D
    Endurance- A+
    Mana- A++
    Luck- E-
    NP- A++

Appearance:

(Only with light burn-scarring across his face and black chains hanging lightly around his body) (By puyutopia on Pixiv)

This is closer to how he'd look in his original body

Personality: Avenger's outward personality is that of everyone's favorite insufferable brat Shinji Matou. Haughty, impulsive and stubborn, the less pleasant aspects of Shinji have hardly been helped by the power being a Psuedo-Servant has granted him. Really though, Shinji remains Shinji, no matter what power he has.

Loki's personality however, is far more subtle and cruel. He primarily communicates with his Master through phantom whisperings, playing to his inferiority complex and desire for power to shape him into a perfect pawn for the god's own ambitions. When allowed to manifest himself fully, Avenger shows a playful and friendly, laid-back and irreverent attitude that can easily endear him around others. However, that is merely a mask to hide his true self. Avenger is doubtlessly deranged, skipping at the drop of a hat between unaturally cold and scheming to bouts of maniacal cruelty with seemingly no rythme or reason save his own whims.

He despises the gods more then anything for what they did to him. Encountering any fellow divinity in the Holy Grail War (particularly a Norse one) his demeanor instantly becomes brutally cruel and sadistic. Rather than simply killing them, he wants to torment them until their life is a living hell, make them prostrate at his feet and then execute them when their despair and agony is at its peak. In Avenger's own words, "A little bit of vengeance is only fair, given what they've done to me."

One could even regard the natural petty sadism of Avenger's mortal vessel as accentuating such traits of his. And yes, that means Shinji quite possibly took a nihilistic god of trickery and deceit and managed to make him even worse.

Regarding humans, he mostly finds them boring. While he will certainly toy with and deceive them, his ultimate attitude towards humanity is merely of disposable candies that bring momentary satisfaction with no lasting merit. That said, his attitude may change upon encountering humans with traits he deems especially "interesting", such as the abnormal altruism of a certain Shirou Emiya. Of course, given the god's own nature, nothing good happens to those who tickle his curiosity.

Avenger's wish on the Holy Grail is simply to begin Ragnarok, the ultimate end of days and destruction of the cosmos prophesied in Norse Mythology. If asked for his reasons- since the Norse Pantheon itself has already long since faded away- Avenger will merely state his curiosity to know that which lies beyond the world's fated end. He finds creation to be overwhelmingly tiresome, desiring the end of the world as a way to finally alleviate his crushing and nihilistic boredom.

"What interests me is not destruction itself. No, what excites my senses is the possibility that follows such destruction- the seed of genesis which shall give birth to a new creation! What obstacles will appear, what life will evolve, oh the curiosity is just too much to bear! I would gladly incinerate this boring world simply for the barest chance at witnessing that longed-for possibility!"

Of course, he keeps that true goal secret from his mortal vessel.

Dislikes: the Gods, boredom, meat-headed oafs who hog the spotlight
    Talents: all kinds of deception and sorcery, bringing about Ragnarok
    Natural Enemy: his brother Thor, Odin, Heimdall, ...Tohsaka?

Class Skills:

Avenger- A
    A Skill expressing one's nature as a being who piles up the grudges and hatreds of others on themselves. Simply by existing, Avenger constantly draws malice and resentment from his surroundings and uses them to fuel his own dark power.

By accumulating grudges in his own flesh, Avenger's ranking in Strength rises in proportion to the damage he suffers over the course of battle. While a powerful Skill, at higher ranks it degrades one's nature as a genuine Heroic Spirit venerated by mankind and overwrites it with that of an Anti-Hero.

Despite his Class, Avenger is not a god of vengeance. Rather, his aptitude for this Class instead sublimates Avenger's boundless hatred against the gods who imprisoned and punished him. So deep runs his vendetta that Avenger would gladly condemn all of creation including himself to cinders if it would destroy his godly tormentors.

Oblivion Correction- B+
    Nature of one who forever holds onto a grudge, even as others forget. This single-minded determination born from darkness increases the damage dealt by critical strikes in battle.

The scars seared into Avenger's face and the macabre chains binding his body serve a permanent reminder of the scope of his grudge. So long as those remain, he shan't ever forsake his vengeance. The fact that his host is a rather petty and vindictive person as well hardly hurts matters.

Self-Replenishment (Mana)- A+
    Ability to replenish one's own supply of magical energy (Mana). Being an Asgardian god and impossibly talented sorceror, Avenger is greatly skilled at gathering mana from the environment to top off his already immense reserves. For someone of his stature, possessing a Skill like this is really a trifling thing.

Personal Skills:

Godly Divine Core- E-
    A Skill expressing one's nature as a perfected god from birth. A composite that includes the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and body, repels mental interference and protects the body from growth or change no matter how many calories are ingested.

Avenger was once a member of the Aesir council of gods and a blood-brother of Odin himself. However, his detestable slaying of the beloved god of light Baldr through trickery lead to Avenger's disgrace and subsequent banishment from the pantheon.

That, combined with the frost giant heritage from his father Farbauti and Avenger's own animosity towards his godly kin, have combined to insure his divine nature has degraded to the absolute lowest possible level.

No longer a divine spirit worthy of reverence, Avenger's existence in this state invites merely scorn and disgust. Much like his mortal vessel in that regard.

Illusions- A

A form of Magecraft based upon deluding the senses. Avenger's specialty, he is capable of weaving peerless illusions that bewitch all five senses of the target. He can make a dingy motel appear as a splendid palace, disguise his own appearance or those of others and even achieve a result similar to the Presence Concealment of the Assassin Class through overwriting his own appearance with that of empty space.

However, his illusions can be resisted based on the target's innate Magic Resistance as well as any Skills affording protection from mental thaumaturgy. C rank grants a chance of seeing through the illusion with a Luck check, B rank means all but the most fiendishly crafted ones will prove ineffectual while A rank bestows full immunity to anything Avenger could possibly conjure up to beguil their senses.

Being the god of deception and treachery, it is only natural for Avenger to possess a Skill of this nature. That said, it is also possible that his proficiency in this magical art stems from a confusion with his namesake Utgard-Loki, a mountain giant king and powerful sorceror said to be incredibly skilled in illusions.

However, Avenger himself disagrees sharply with this impression. "I was the one who came first! That Utgard fellow is merely a shoddy ripoff stealing my thunder!"

By the way, a showcase of Avenger's illusory prowess from the original myths is the anecdote where the mountain giant Thrym stole Thor's hammer Mjollnir and demanded the goddess Freya as his bride in exchange for its safe return. Rather than heed the lustful giant's request, Avenger cast an illusion to disguise his brother Thor as a beautiful bride to infiltrate Thrym's wedding and reclaim Mjollnir. When the hammer was unveiled to bless the marriage, Thor cast off his (ill-desired) disguise and slaughtered the mountain giants to the last.

Since Thor was a gigantic burly man with a beard like a redwood forest, it goes without saying that disguising him as a bride is a feat only magic could accomplish.

Giantkind Heritage- N/A

Qualifies the level of gigantic blood in one's ancestry. In Avenger's case, his ties are with the Jotunn or frost giants of Norse Mythology. As such, this Skill acts as a composite of Monstrous Strength and Mana Burst (Frost) of equal rank.

As a half-breed son of the frost giant Farbauti and the goddess Laufey, Avenger would normally qualify for a strong monstrous affinity. However, taking on a mortal body without any Giant blood has lead to this Skill being suppressed. Even if that were not the case, the body of Avenger's host is surely too weak to withstand the power of giants and would simply tear itself apart from the strain.

Silver Tongue- A+++
    The ability to speak eloquently and deceive others through honeyed words. Deceiving and misleading others is as effortless as breathing for Avenger. At this rank it is no longer mere persuasion but mental interference thaumaturgy in its own right, as every one of Avenger's words is soaked deep in foul sorcery.

Ordinary humans will become Avenger's pawns simply after hearing him talk, while those with extraordinary mental resilience or some degree of magical protection will be granted a chance of resisting his insidious charms. As the god of trickery and deceit, Avenger is afforded an absolutely peerless rank in this Skill. There is no one more suited than him to manipulating the hearts and minds of mortals and gods alike.

In this case, Avenger's charm is primarily used as a way of manipulating his host body, his presence manifesting as little more then a phantom whispering in Shinji Matou's ears to guide him down the desired course of action. Though Shinji's personality is the most prominent one, it is without a doubt Avenger who holds the commanding role in their "relationship", much as his host believes otherwise.

Perhaps deriving from the natural charm capabilities of his host, this Skill shows greater effectiveness against those of the female persuasion.

Shapeshifting- C

Ability to alter one's shape through magical means.

Separate from his illusory prowess, Avenger in his legends boasted the ability to assume a great variety of shapes including a salmon, a mare, a fly and even an elderly giantess named Thokk. However, being forced to take a mortal vessel has declined Avenger's ranking in this Skill severely. At this rank, he can only somewhat alter his shape and adopt the forms of animals of the same relative size and mass as his host body.

He can, however, swap genders perfectly easily, reversing his host's aptitude from a charming pretty-boy to an ultra-cute Ojou-san sure to draw the eye of all passersby. "Shinjiko", as Avenger dubs her, is of course mortified by this transfiguration, much to the Servant's own amusement.

"Change me back already, you damned Servant! How am I supposed to pick up hot chicks like this...?"

Noble Phantasms:

Skadi's Retribution- Ordeal Of Unending Agony (D+, Anti-Unit/Anti-Divine): A Noble Phantasm representing Avenger's punishment for contriving the death of the god of light Baldr. While he had committed many other misbegotten "pranks" before then, with this he finally went too far and the wrathful gods knew that the slaying of one of their own could not be tolerated.

Avenger was stripped of his divinity, taken into the deepest bowels of the earth and bound by chains made from the hardened entrails of his own sons. As a final ghoulish touch to cap off his ordeal, the goddess Skadi placed a coiled serpent on a rock above his head, gradually dripping its venom into the unrepentant god's face.

His ever-faithful wife Sigyn knelt at his side with a bowl to catch the venom, but even she could not stave off her husband's punishment forever. When the basin filled to its brim and Sigyn was forced to empty it, then in those brief moments the poison poured unimpeded over Avenger's face, inflicting unspeakable agony. It was even said that the god's tormented writhings brought about earthquakes in the world of men.

The sublimation of his horrific punishment and blazing hatred against the gods, this is a Noble Phantasm he would only possess summoned in the Avenger Class. It allows him to channel the suffering from his ordeal into physical form to inflict scalding acidic burns on anything that touches his hands. Avenger's favored use of this ability is to clasp his palm directly over the target's face, mirroring his own punishment upon the opponent and scorching the image of his hand permanently into their visage.

Not a terribly powerful Noble Phantasm in terms of raw damage, its true potency lies in the immense mental and physical pain inflicted on the target. Reflecting Avenger's grudge against the gods, this Noble Phantasm deals far crueler and deeper burns against foes with Divinity of rank C or higher. Those of A rank Divinity will find their burns impossible to heal by most mundane or thaumaturgic means.

As a visual effect, when invoked Avenger's hands become enveloped in a sulphurous greenish yellow aura, writhing and moving of its own accord like unearthly flames. However, by channelling the serpent's venom through his body Avenger himself feels the same pain as that of the target (though not the physical damage). While Avenger is more then familiar with that agony and has no qualms about invoking this ability, his host Shinji Matou regards the pain to be utterly intolerable.

As such, the composite existence known as Avenger is reluctant to utilize this Noble Phantasm, at least so long as Loki insists on giving his mortal vessel some illusion of control.

Vali & Narfi- Ghoulish Bonds Of Progeny (B, Anti-Unit): As part of Avenger's punishment for killing Baldr, his two sons were magically transfigured into wolves and- driven by animal bloodlust- tore each other apart before his horrified eyes. Their entrails were then magically hardened and- in the ultimate cruel irony- used to bind their own father, holding him fast until his eventual escape upon Ragnarok.

These grotesque chains continue to adorn Avenger's body even as a Servant, serving as his second Noble Phantasm. Having been broken at the ends from his escape they no longer function as proper restraints, merely hanging loosely around his body. Instead, Avenger now makes use of the chains as his primary weapon in the Grail War. He can lash them out like high-tension cables- forcefully enough to cleave through solid stone- or magically command them to encircle and restrain his opponents.

However, the chains' most insidious attribute stems from their true nature. Being hardened guts, they are incredibly sticky and corrosive, rapidly dulling any blade used to cut at them. Blade-type Noble Phantasms will degrade in performance by one ranking for each time they slice into these bindings, left coated in black viscous gunk that eats away at both their sharpness and mystery at a frightening pace.

After repeated clashes with these vile chains, even the greatest of holy swords would be reduced to a mere hunk of metal with all its mystical powers lost. For those unknowing of the chains' true power, this is a deceptively dangerous Noble Phantasm which easily has the potential to cripple the battle prowess of Avenger's foes should they be careless enough to expose their Noble Phantasms to its gunk.

That said, unlike the Gleipnir which bound Fenriswulf, it is not as if these chains possess any true attribute of invulnerability. A strong enough Noble Phantasm will still be able to rend them asunder, but the degradation it will suffer as a result makes such a triumph seem perhaps pyrhhic at best.

The only things immune to this decay are Noble Phantasms with a specific legend of incorruptibility, such as the unbreakable sword of a certain French paladin. Weapons with a built-in means of sharpening themselves anew, such as the Skofnung Sword and accompanying Stone can also negate the detrimental effects of this Noble Phantasm.

Angrboda's Brood- My Children, Bear Thy Fangs Against The Gods (A++, Anti-Army): A Noble Phantasm crystallizing Avenger's role as mythological father of various great monsters which challenged the gods. With the giantess Angrboda, Avenger sired the monstrous wolf Fenris, the world-encircling serpent Jormungandr and the frigid queen of the underworld Hel. Two of those played significant roles in Ragnarok as well, for Fenris was fated to devour the all-father Odin and Jormungandr perished at the hands of Thor who then fell by its poison.

Needless to say, this is hardly a reputable progeny. It could even be thought that Avenger's children foreshadowed his later role as an enemy of the gods, even before his true traitorous nature made itself fully evident. Due to the deep connection they share both by blood and legend, Avenger may utilize this Noble Phantasm to call upon any one of his children into the world. Simply shedding a drop of his blood serves as a sufficient invitation, as the drop then enlarges, writhes and coagulates into the shape of a terrifying creature.

The true power of these beasts would be such as to threaten the cosmos itself, but the limitations of the Servant system have prevented Avenger from invoking them at full strength. Instead, they merely appear as monstrous beasts, highly threatening but lacking the full world-ending power of their complete incarnations.

However, after summoning one of his children Avenger must sustain them with his own magical energy. Even for one as magically gifted as himself, he can only manage the feat of maintaining his more powerful brood for about five minutes at most.

Fenris
    Avenger's favorite beast to call upon, appearing as a gigantic and monstrous wolf slightly bigger than a tank with incredibly hardened black fur, rage-filled fiery eyes and a cavernous mouth lined with razor-sharp fangs. The sight of the beast alone is enough to induce fear in lesser warriors, while its destructive power is second-to-none as well. In addition to striking with its claws and fangs, Fenris can unleash incredibly powerful sonic barking attacks able to uproot trees, shatter windows from several miles away and pulverize concrete at close distance.

Jormungandr
    The world serpent and another of Avenger's summons. Even more powerful than its wolf brother, it takes the shape of a gargantuan serpent as long and thick as a double-decker bus with emerald green scales, vicious spines lining its body, sickly glowing yellow eyes and a maw that constantly exhales poisonous yellow miasma. This miasma can travel through both land and sea and is greatly hostile to life. Ordinary humans perish in a matter of minutes upon exposure while Heroic Spirits merely face an Endurance check, receiving a rank down to all parameters should they fail it.

The serpent is also incredibly strong and destructive, its every motion shaking the earth and its scales impenetrable to all but the strongest of attacks. In terms of sheer overwhelming power, it is Avenger's greatest summon by far. However, it also requires the most expense of magical energy to sustain in reality.

Hel
    Avenger's final choice of summon, goddess of the icy netherworld. His only daughter, she takes a humanoid shape to contrast the monstrous appearances of her siblings. One half of Hel is a woman of impossible beauty and elegant yet cold grace, while her other half is a frostbitten, ghastly corpse. Hel is the physically weakest by far of Avenger's summons, with parameters merely at the level of an average Caster Class Servant.

She carries an ice-incrusted dagger named Famine, a conceptual weapon incarnating the concept of the same name which leeches the life-force out of whatever it cuts. Furthermore, Hel's presence imposes an ersatz-Reality Marble known as Helheim upon her surroundings, as if some sliver of the land of the dead were encroaching upon the mortal world.

Within this domain the air becomes unnaturally cold and dry, as all living creatures suffer spiritual and physical necrosis. Effects are similar to the Blood Fort of a certain mythical monster of Greek Mythology, sapping the vital energy of all trapped within and supplying it to Hel herself and her father, Avenger. Prolonged exposure also induces symptoms similar to frostbite, necrotization of exposed flesh and eventually one's whole body withers away like a corpse. However, as the effects are spiritual and not physical, they will quickly disperse should one manage to escape the Reality Marble's area-of-effect before succumbing.

It goes without saying as her father, Avenger himself is guaranteed wholesale immunity of this effect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, as you can see I've written up the Loki sheet I'd been talking about. I did decide to go for the Demi/Psuedo-Servant idea after all, so thanks to AirConditioner for providing the FC! Parts of him were definitely inspired by how Loki was portrayed in the Magnus Chase series of novels (the second of which I just finished a few days ago), but I did try to come up with my own take on the character and how he'd fit into the Nasuverse. As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms! Thanks.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; November 14th, 2018 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Swapped Divinity with GDC

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Shinji/Loki: Using Shinji as the host is always a big bonus, but even besides that the Servant is pretty cool. I like how you portrayed the relationship similarly to that of Zouken and Shinji. My favourite Noble Phantasm is prolly the Chains. When I read the first paragraph, I was thinking you'd for something like anti-divine effect, but dulling enemy weapons the more they parry with the chains is definitely the cooler effect. The sheet's definitely well explained and flavoured and this is coming from someone who doesn't know much about Loki so yeah. My ignorance about Loki and some of the things you wrote in the sheet leads me to a couple questions tho.

First, how come his Divinity is E-? Or rather... If his Divinity is really E- ranked, does he really need a host? Can't he just be summoned normally if he was banished and his Divinity stripped? Unless you just wanted to throw Shinji in that badly, which I definitely understand. :j Second question is... While the Silver Tongue is a cool skill, between it being a skill that incites other individuals through a mannerisms of words and is akin to that of mental interference Magecraft, it seems to be pretty much the same thing as the canon skill Incitement. So why not use that instead? Well I mean, I guess you could have overlooked it while making the sheet... I kinda overlooked it while making my own Hitler sheet and just gave Hitler an A+ ranked Charisma with some distortion effect that makes people believe his words as if it were strong mental interference Magecraft when I could have just given him Incitement at EX rank (like Caesar has).

That aside, the sheet is really cool. I like it.
    Last edited by Adlet; January 20th, 2017 at 02:53 PM.

Also you should probably add sources for your images

Good sheet tho. All three NPs are very interesting. I think the first is probably my favorite, excellent imagery.

Blog Entries
    Adlet: Glad you liked the sheet. I wasn't thinking of Zouken at all to be honest, but you're right there definitely are some similarities. With the chains, I admit I didn't come up with that effect entirely by myself. Riordan, author of the Magnus Chase series used a roughly similar idea for Loki's chains (though he didn't wield them offensively in the same way). But yeah, I wanted to go with something more interesting then the obvious Anti-Divine effect.

Regarding Incitement... I admit that I'd overlooked that Skill when brainstorming the sheet but I've used Silver Tongue twice before already (for my Kay and Rostam Servants) so I figured it's established as part of my repertoire at this point. Certainly, there's nobody it would be more fitting for then Loki, god of deceit himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you should probably add sources for your images

Good sheet tho. All three NPs are very interesting. I think the first is probably my favorite, excellent imagery.
    Adlet gave me the FC without a source and I don't know how/can't be bothered to "reverse Google search" it. Normally I do source my images whenever convenient.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: By the way, I added another paragraph to the chain NP's description detailing what sort of weapons can resist its effects.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Adlet gave me the FC without a source and I don't know how/can't be bothered to "reverse Google search" it. Normally I do source my images whenever convenient.
    It's this dude/chick: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=puyo

If you can't find the source by looking at the information box like I told you, it's pretty likely for danbooru pics to have at least the artist tagged in the tag list on the left so link their danbooru tag page if you can't find anything else.

Or alternatively, you could just click on a few of their other pics and check if those pics have a link to the source in the information box. I clicked on one of their other pics and found their twitter link, for an example. https://twitter.com/puyotopia

Anyway, I don't think I've seen the Rostam and Kay sheet so I wasn't really aware you used that skill more than once. Was just suggesting Incitement since it's p much the canon equivalent of what you wanted to portray.

Also, love that reference to Roland in the 2nd NP's paragraph. k_hand:
    Last edited by Adlet; January 20th, 2017 at 04:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sourced the image as per AC's suggestion. No idea where the second one comes from though, since I just found it on Google Image and not any booru site.

Lastly, I'm glad to hear you appreciated the Roland shout-out!

Blog Entries
    To be honest, I don't think Sword Of Strange Hangings should be better then Excalibur. It's pretty much canon in the Nasuverse that Excalibur is both the greatest and most famous holy sword, so the far more obscure sword wielded by Galahad has really no right to be more powerful then it. (Just think, how many people could name Excalibur versus Galahad's sword?)

The beamu effect is also kind of boring, and I think surely you can do something more interesting with the idea of the Dolorous Stroke. Other then that, the sheet was fairly good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by AirConditioner View Post
    I don't really like the idea of a pretty obscure sword being more powerful than Excalibur, which is easily the most famous holy sword, either. The only other holy sword I could see being stronger than it is Roland's Durandal because Excalibur was based on it, but it's already confirmed Excalibur is stronger than it so yeah... Stats are fine though. KoTR Servants are all said to be grade A Servant material when it comes to sheer battle power and Galahad is a special snowflake even among them. He feels less special than what we've heard of him in canon thus far, but that's fine I guess. The sheet's good otherwise really.
    I know what you mean but... myth does say that Excalibur is only second to the Sword of Strange Hearings. But it is a super obscure sword though and Excalibur is the strongest holy sword afterall... But that's just because people loved over-wanking Galahad who just had to be the absolute best in everything apparently.

To try and make everything work together, I tried to justify it being greater by not making it a Holy Sword but a Magic Sword, a little fitting since it comes from Mr. King of Magic. That way Excalibur can be the best Holy Sword and not compete with the Sword of Strange Hearings. Other than that, I suppose one can maybe try to look at it in a different way? Like maybe Sword of Strange Hearings is a better blade but Excalibur has the stronger overall power (beam). Or I guess one could just interpret the word "Magnificence" as it is written in the translation I found of the myth as meaning splendor and elegance. So the Sword of Strange Hearings is weaker but looks a lot prettier... Hmm...

Regarding the beam, I suppose I could come up with something more creative. I had the image of the beam being a little like Zeus throwing a thunderbolt down to smite foolish mortals, just with God instead, but I'll admit that's a little silly.

@Shinjiko

Really like this one. Loki and Shinji seem like they'd have great chemistry with the latter acting like he's in charge while he's really just being manipulated easily by the Silver Tongued Trickster. He has a shit-ton of skills but it makes sense with someone as wily as Loki. Out of all the NP's I do like the first one the most. Not powerful but it's easy to imagine how it can be used to inflict pain. I think it's an ability that suits an Avenger very very well.

Actually, is Shapeshifting really necessary when he has Illusions?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shinji/Loki: I like it. Everything has good imagery and detail, he's got an interesting and entertaining personality as well. Regarding summoning his children as NP's I'm surprised you didn't make any reference to Odin's horse whom Loki was the mother of. Yes, mother. I also think you should replace Divinity with a skill like say Godly Divine Core because Rin and Ishtar are another demi servant duo with Goddess Divine Core at B as a result.

All in all, good entertaining stuff.

Blog Entries
    I don't know how/can't be bothered to "reverse Google search" it. Normally I do source my images whenever convenient.
    Right click the image. Select "search Google for image".

It's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't be bothered my ass.