Page 818 of 858 FirstFirst ... 318718768808813816817818819820823828 ... LastLast
Results 16,341 to 16,360 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ayy, always nice to see some more of the Liangshan Outlaws. The more other people do them, the less work for me to get through them.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Very big fan of Wu Song, and a sheet I had planned on but probably won't bother with at this point. This is definitely a step up from a few of your last sheets, meaning no offense. Would love him to be canon.
    Although, not to nitpick but isn't Song a master of Chuojiao--Mandarin Duck Leg Style--that he learned from Zhou Tong? I think he still practices it while drunk, but I could be confused.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Very big fan of Wu Song, and a sheet I had planned on but probably won't bother with at this point. This is definitely a step up from a few of your last sheets, meaning no offense. Would love him to be canon.
    Although, not to nitpick but isn't Song a master of Chuojiao--Mandarin Duck Leg Style--that he learned from Zhou Tong? I think he still practices it while drunk, but I could be confused.
    I thought that one was a technique, not a style? Then again he is mentioned as using "Jade Circle Steps and Mandarin Duck Kicks" in the (probably poorly translated) record I used as a basis. What I was basing his style on is a short side story about him, regarding him becoming a disciple of Zhou Tong.
    Song is mentioned there as recognizing Tong's style instantly and thinks of some Drunken Eight Immortals technique with wonder, having thought that only he and his master were capable of it. The story (known as "Swordplay Under the Moon" or "Meeting Zhou Tong by Chance") is also the basis for one of Song's nicknames, Second Master Wu.

Out of curiosity, what makes the sheet a step up from the others (other than Geryon, whose problem I see)? I didn't consciously do anything differently in the design process, so I'm wondering what the cause is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    I thought that one was a technique, not a style? Then again he is mentioned as using "Jade Circle Steps and Mandarin Duck Kicks" in the (probably poorly translated) record I used as a basis. What I was basing his style on is a short side story about him, regarding him becoming a disciple of Zhou Tong.
    Song is mentioned there as recognizing Tong's style instantly and thinks of some Drunken Eight Immortals technique with wonder, having thought that only he and his master were capable of it. The story (known as "Swordplay Under the Moon" or "Meeting Zhou Tong by Chance") is also the basis for one of Song's nicknames, Second Master Wu.

Out of curiosity, what makes the sheet a step up from the others (other than Geryon, whose problem I see)? I didn't consciously do anything differently in the design process, so I'm wondering what the cause is.
    Ahhh, that explains it. I used a side story concerning Tong when justifying my Yue Fei's Clairvoyance, so I should've seen it coming.
    After another look, perhaps I'm just biased because I like the outlaws so much...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I know the OP hasn't been updated in a while and I've barely been in this thread the past few years really but when was the last compilation done of all the servants? I need to reference a could of things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    I know the OP hasn't been updated in a while and I've barely been in this thread the past few years really but when was the last compilation done of all the servants? I need to reference a could of things.
    Page 700 was the last time I believe the compilations were added to the OP. The compilations on 751 and 801 are still needing to be added.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Random question: Does anyone have any information on how Tiamat’s Self-Sealing Skill works?
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Here's the skill description from the translated Material profile:

Self-Sealing: C+++
    A chain of self-mutilation that ties down Beast II. Although Beast II hated her grief of being banished for “not being needed anymore” by the collective unconsciousness of humanity, the depths of her consciousness accepted that as something inevitable. Beast II, who has the role “mother” as her foundation, possesses a desire to function as a patron of humanity to the very end. This Self-Sealing is something that has become that form.

Beast II constantly seals herself. This self-inflicted pain is equivalent to giving herself a damage that deals 50% of Beast II’s current HP every turn. In the rare cases where Beast II emerges from the sea while losing her self-control, the seal admonishes her for this and the damage is raised to 90% of her HP instead for a moment. This is why she has +++ in this Skill.

Blog Entries
    Well, this seems to be the exact opposite of what I intended on using it for... I'll have to figure something out for this.

But thanks anyway!

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Honestly though, it seems like its modified due to Tiamat's own personality and desires. Probably wouldn't be the first time a fanon sheet uses a barely understood canon skill.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough, I suppose. What I was going to go for was "a power limiter that has been deliberately imposed upon oneself". I won't divulge the exact details at the moment but there is a reason why this particular Servant is purposefully holding back.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    So, since most of the posts before mine were discussing the Liangshan Outlaws... I'm working on a Qin Ming sheet but I don't really know what to do for his Fierce Star Skill. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Class: Berserker
    Faceclaim

True Name: Cuca
    Epithets: Crocodile Witch, Berserker of the Yellow Woodpecker
    Alternative Class: Caster, Alter Ego.
    Allignment: Chaotic Evil.

Height / Weight: Varies with form.
    Region: South America, Europe.
    Source: Folklore, Fiction.
    Dislikes: Meddling children.

Background
    Otherwise known as El Cucuy, a boogeyman which was brought to the Americas with the spanish and portuguese colonies. Cuca is an aspect of the legend which has been tainted and colored by the version of herself which was adapted for a children’s story book. Rather than represent fear and the supernatural, she inspires mischief in children and annoyance in adults.

Personality
    Quite cheerful for someone supposed to be a boogeyman, Berserker has a natural obsession with children that borders on the strange. She will look after them, play with them, cook for them and protect them, reacting badly whenever she feels they are going to be taken away. She clumsy and tends to cause rather hilarious disasters to happen, be it in the kitchen or when playing.

Once transformed, however, Cuca becomes a genuine monster who hungers to eat small children, and becomes empowered by her fear. Both sides are unaware of each other, even though they are technically working together.

[Parameters]

Strength: B
    Agility:D
    Endurance: B
    Mana: D
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: C+

Class Skills
    Mad Enhancement - [E]
    A version of the signature skill of the Berserker class which has been weakened as a result of Cuca’s nature as a servant and the influence of her Noble Phantasm. At this rank it merely makes her act more wildly without any true anger mixed in. She prefers to be referred to as a ‘Hot Blooded Caretaker Extraordinaire’.

Personal Skills
    Gullible Monster - [A+]
    A boogeyman stuck on the role of a children's book antagonist. Forever stuck on her role of incompetent villain, making stupid and clumsy mistakes that allow for even the most masterful of plans to be unravelled by a young, albeit clever, child. As a result, however, most of Cuca’s evil or dangerous traits have been reduced to the ramblings of a charming caricature of her original legend.

Dragon Witch - [C]

As a berserker, Cuca should be a boogeyman capable of freely taking the form which most frightens her victims, with her default form remaining a nondescript specter wearing dark robes. However since her name became attached to one of Brazil’s most beloved children's books, she has become stuck into the form of a humanoid crocodile with draconic traits. Thus granting her this skill.

Monstrous Strength - [B]

A perk of being stuck as a part dragon creature, which have granted Berserker a high degree of explosive strength at all times without any side effects due to her Noble Phantasm. As a result, her unassuming ‘innocent’ form can pack an obscene amount of power which allows her to fight barehanded with most enemies and win.

Noble Phantasm
    Nana Neném: A Lullaby To Ward Off Evil - [C+]

Cuca’s Noble Phantasm is her original nature as a boogeyman which feeds on the fear of children, transforming her from her gullible storybook self into the genuine monster which was used to scare children into behaving. There are, however, limitations on its use. For one, it can only be used during the night and can only be activated by singing all verses of the song as if it were an aria on her presence. Berserker’s Gullible self is not aware of the trigger, but will be compelled to sing it in the presence of children. Once all conditions have been fulfilled, Berserker’s [Mad Enhancement] and [Gullible Monster] will switch ranks, turning Cuca into a voracious monster who will zero in on children, or failing that, the youngest person she can find.

Cuca’s transformation only lasts until sunrise, which will cause her to fall asleep on the spot and return to her Gullible state with no memories of what happened at night.

Theoretically, a Broken version of this Noble Phantasm could be used during daytime to create a hybrid version of both forms, although it would put Berserker’s saint graph under enormous strain and eventually cause her body to break down and vanish.

True Form

Voice Lines: Ascension
    1st Ascension: Finally done with that ugly rag! Really, what was the last time I washed that thing?

2nd Ascension:Do you like my new look? I hear that maids are back when it comes to style and popularity. This will surely make me popular with the children!

3rd Ascension: “Hmm? Maybe the wings and tail are too much? Oh? ‘Dragons are cool’? Awesome, I’m so keeping them!”

Final Ascension: “Full makeover complete! Cute dragon wings and tail, super adorable maid apron. And for the finishing touch, a tie to make me look professional. Alright, Master, take me to the children!”

Voice Lines: Bond
    Bond 1:No kids? Aww! That’s no fun.”

Bond 2: “Why the uniform? Well, I can’t very well look after the home and the children if I am not properly equipped, can I?”

Bond 3: “Kids are great. They are super fun and super adorable. Whenever I see one I just wanna pinch their little cheeks and coo! I would never hurt them!”

Bond 4: “My tail? Well, I suppose that dragons and crocodiles do feature on my legend, so it must be a bit of side effect. I can spit fire too, if you wanna see? Think the children would like it?”

Bond 5: “Why do I sing? Well, its like a good luck charm you know? A promise you make that everything will be alright and that your children will be able to sleep safe and sound. That’s why Master should start having kids of his own. So I can spoil them! Hehehehe… Nana Neném…Que a Cuca vem pegar…”

Relationships
    Jack the Ripper:What a cute little girl! Are you hungry? Do you wanna play? Do you have any toys? Oh no! Kids shouldn’t play with knives. What do I do, what do I do…”

Andersen: “You always stay cooped up like this with your dusty books. Playing with the other kids can be fun too, you know? I know! If you are just shy then I can present you to them! Yes yes! Brilliant idea!”

Raikou: “You want me to look after your son while you are at work? Sure can do! Although…doesn’t he look a bit old to be a kid?”

Nursery Rhyme: “Hmm? Feeling sleepy? That’s okay! The best caretaker also knows the best bedtime stories, or a lullaby if you want! I know just the best one! You’re gonna love it!”

Porâsý: “Ehh? Dragon witch? Don’t know what youre talking about. Sure, I got a tail and everything, but I am not dressed like a witch. More like a…dragon…maid?”

Jeanne d’Arc (Santa): “Aren’t you the cutests thing! I’m gonna make you as many cookies as you can eat!”

Jeanne d’Arc (Alter):“Aww, why did you have to go and grow up while I wasn’t looking? Now who’s gonna eat these? Oh! You are still gonna eat them? Great!”

Bond Essense
    A Song to Ward Off Evil

The Song which defends against evil.

The Song which warns against monsters.

The Song which promises safety.

Though she might never understand her true nature.

She still sings.

Because children love the song.

And she loves them in turn.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Caster:

Appearance:

True Name: Pythagoras 'The First Philosopher'

Alignment: Neutral Good

Alternate Class: Ruler

Strength- E
    Agility- D
    Endurance- D
    Mana- A
    Luck- B
    NP- C

Personality
    A laid-back and serene, yet eccentric old man. Caster utterly disdains all forms of wealth and extravagence, believing them to be distractions that stand in the way of true knowledge and happiness. Instead, he finds joy in the simplest things in life like warm filling meals, the beauty of nature and the company of friends. In his free time, Caster enjoys nothing more than relaxing under the shade of a big tree and working on a theorem that catches his fancy. While the way he lives is ascetic, Caster's demeanour isn't by any means drab or joyless. He's a cheerful and relaxed person who believes in enjoying every moment in life as it comes.

Because of his belief in reincarnation, Caster is an adamant vegetarian. He maintains that every animal had been a human in past lives, so to him eating meat is tantamount to cannibalism. But more than that, for Caster all living beings are sacred and worthy of respect. Those who'd callously slaughter animals dull their hearts to acts of brutalty against their fellow man. In that respect he can be called one of the earliest animal rights advocates.

More eccentrically, this taboo also extended to beans, as Caster believed they resembled the shape of a human fetus. Thus Caster refuses to eat or even touch beans. In fact, he's actually somewhat terrified of them. Seriously, just throw a couple beans at him and the poor man will run screaming for the hills.

Caster deeply values his mathematical research, having devoted his life to attempting to understand the cosmos and its laws. As a sage and philosopher Caster feels pride at how widely his theorems are accepted in the present age. He's also fascinated by the flowering of mathematical ideas that took place since his death, taking his original insights but propelling them to wildly greater heights. Upon summoning Caster will likely immediately immerse himself in studying modern math to "catch up". Caster's wish on the Holy Grail is to incarnate in the World so he can continue learning and spreading his philosophical teachings.

Dislikes: violence, eating meat, ignorant people, beans
    Talents: math, philosophy, playing the harp
    Natural Enemy: Hippasus

Class Skills:

Territory Creation- A
    The ability to formulate a territory advantageous to oneself as a Magus. At A-rank, Caster can establish an "
    Agora
    Assembly
    " where rational debate can be held, equivalent to a Temple.

Item Construction- B

The talent to craft magical items. Having been learned in the Egyptian mystic traditions Caster is well versed in creating all kinds of magical artifacts.

Personal Skills:

Numerology (Pythagoreanism)- A+++
    A type of Magecraft that changed style into a rationalist teaching.

The Pythagoreans believed that the universe was fundamentally composed, not of elements or atoms, but numbers. By grasping the sacred relations that held between these numbers one could obtain true wisdom. As founder of the sect known as Pythagoreanism Caster boasts an unrivalled rank in this Skill. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to call him the ancestor of all scientists who strive to understand the world through math.

Caster believed that all phenomena could be reduced to numbers, and this includes Magecraft. By condensing his spells into mathematical formulae Caster can greatly shorten their casting time, giving him the equivalent of High-Speed Incantation at rank A. At his level of mastery the need for any verbal incantation while casting spells is obviated altogether, as Caster can perform the relevant calculations entirely in his head.

He can also alter the variables in a
    spell
    equation
    to modify its effects, like making a simple lightning bolt spell veer off unpredictably in midair to take the enemy by surprise. While Caster isn't someone with a natural gift for Magecraft, his deep understanding of the laws governing it nevertheless make Caster a tricky opponent to face for fellow spellcasters.

Caster can even "rewrite" the formulae underlying an enemy Mage's spell to hijack control over it. Then he can force the spell to go berserk and rebound against its original user or just dispel it outright. However, doing this requires Caster to first spend time observing the opponent's Magecraft to see how it works. He would have to see a spell in action at least two or three times before being able to conceptualize it as an equation and rewrite it.

Harp Performance- B
    The Pythagoreans practiced music as an extension of mathematics. They believed that music expressed the sacred harmonies of the cosmos which could also be grasped through enlightened discourse. Caster himself was especially adept at this, as there's legends where he calmed people's raging emotions and exorcised evil spirits just by playing the harp. As a Servant Caster's harp-playing soothes the minds of anyone who hears it, purging them of mental inferference like fear, confusion and mesmerization. Demons and evil spirits who hear Caster's music will also suffer magical damage.

Divinity- C
    Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. Caster was sometimes venerated as a god in his mystery-cult. In some stories he was even said to be a child of the sun god Apollo.

However as these were only rumors without any factual basis he possesses no more than a C-rank in this Skill.

Animal Dialogue- A
    The ability to communicate with animals that don't speak a "language of words". At this rank, Caster can easily exchange intentions with almost any animal. While the animal won't be able to speak in return, it seems to be able to understand Caster's words and respond to them. Additionally, animals of all kinds seem to naturally adore Caster, so they'll usually do what he wants with little trouble. However, this only includes mundane animals, and not Phantasmal or Divine Beasts. One of Caster's many alleged supernatural gifts was the power to speak with animals and compel them to his will.

In one anecdote Caster saw an ox grazing a field of beans. As Caster believed that beans were actually previously reincarnated humans he was disgusted by this. So Caster leaned forward and whispered in the bull's ear, imploring it to stop massacring those innocent beans. Miraculously, the ox actually listened to Caster and stopped its acts.

Another legend tells of how Caster subdued the Daunian Bear, a notoriously destructive beast that had been rampaging through Greece at the time. Caster wrestled the ferocious animal to the ground, but instead of killing it he began to gently stroke its fur. Caster spoke to the beast soothingly, convincing it to abandon its slaughter. The bear's raging heart was calmed by Caster's gentle words and it retreated to the wilderness, never again to harm a living soul.

Noble Phantasm
    Proigoúmeni Metempsychosis
    Visions Of The Past Lives

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)

One of Caster's key teachings was Metempsychosis, or "the transmigration of souls"; the belief that every soul is immortal and passes into a new body upon death. According to legend, Caster himself remembered four of his past lives. Once invoked, this Noble Phantasm allows Caster to channel Skills and abilities from his prior incarnations. These abilities (and the past lives they are associated with) are listed below as follows.

Aethalides
    Caster's original past life. The herald of the Argonauts, Aethalides was blessed by his father Hermes with the power to remember everything, even from beyond the grave. Channelling this past life grants Caster Librarian Of Stored Knowledge at rank A, allowing him to recall the smallest of details even if they weren't consciously acknowledged at the time.

This is the incarnation Caster keeps activated by default, since it allows him to remember all his other past lives.

Euphorbus
    Caster's second life. A soldier and minor hero in the Trojan War. Channelling this life raises Caster's physical parameters by two rankings and lends him Magic Resistance at rank D and Eye Of The Mind (True) at rank C, allowing him to fight capably as a Knight-Class Servant. A bronze spear and shield manifest in his hands, qualifying as D-ranked lesser Noble Phantasms.

However, in return Caster completely loses his spellcasting abilities in this form.

Hermotimus
    Caster's third life. A philosopher who believed that only the mind can affect reality. According to him, the physical world is by nature causeless and inert, with only reason able to enact change. Channelling this life endows Caster with Supernatural Power at rank B, allowing him to manipulate objects with just his mind.

Pyrrha
    Caster's fourth and final recalled life. A beautiful courtesan from Delos. This life is the only one that affects Caster's physical appearance when channelled, transforming him into a beautiful and seductive woman clad in flowing dancer-like robes. He gains the Skills Golden Rule (Body) at rank C and Powerless Shell at rank A.

Enemies will be so enraptured by "her" beauty that they have trouble perceiving Caster as a threat, allowing him to walk up to them and slit their throats with ease. Given his broadminded personality Caster doesn't mind being seen as a sultry woman. In fact, as a prank he enjoys randomly taking this form around people and watching their flustered reactions.

After evoking a past life, that life will remain permanently active until Caster switches to another one. Once he selects a past life, Caster needs to wait for three turns before he can evoke another one. Furthermore, Caster must assume his "Aethalides" incarnation before being able to channel any others, as it's the one that allows him to remember his other past lives. Aethalides is the only past life Caster recalls regardless of his current incarnation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's a Pythagoras sheet I'd been working on lately. It was fun writing up a more mathematical-minded Caster for once. As usual, feel free to drop by with comments and criticisms. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    This is really interesting. A caster that doesn't rely on words of power to shape his spells but numbers and equations. Thinking about it, at one point in time, mathematics must have been a type of magecraft by itself before it became widespread amongst the population. That actually gives Pythagoras a nice boost in fame since his knowledge is so well known, with his name attached to it. Everyone must have heard it at least once in school.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    This is really interesting. A caster that doesn't rely on words of power to shape his spells but numbers and equations. Thinking about it, at one point in time, mathematics must have been a type of magecraft by itself before it became widespread amongst the population. That actually gives Pythagoras a nice boost in fame since his knowledge is so well known, with his name attached to it. Everyone must have heard it at least once in school.
    Thanks for the feedback Wyvern. Yeah, the Pythagoreans' mathematics was definitely pretty mystical at first. They worshipped the number 10 as God for instance. One of the most fun parts of writing this sheet was researching Pythagoras and coming across all these wild anecdotes about him, not all of which I could even include in the sheet. And Pythagoras would probably be one of the Servants who'd get a super high fame boost no matter where he's summoned, like Heracles. Making your name synonymous with a mathematical law taught across the entire world has a way of doing that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    True Name: Pythagoras 'The First Philosopher'

Is there a particular reason for this I missed?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post

Is there a particular reason for this I missed?
    He was the first to call himself a
    Lover of Wisdom
    Philosopher
    . Literally, the first philosopher. I even thought of giving him a Skill based on that, but it seemed unnecessary especially since he has four already.

Blog Entries
    I feel that philosophers would make for great rulers due to their lack of attachment to the physical in exchange for the ideal and the imaginary. Some might even be good as Foreigners due to their connection with metaphysical concepts that humans of their time had no knowledge of. After I am done with my south american Servants I will likely try and make servant of that category. Maybe even an Astronomer like Ptolomy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I feel that philosophers would make for great rulers due to their lack of attachment to the physical in exchange for the ideal and the imaginary. Some might even be good as Foreigners due to their connection with metaphysical concepts that humans of their time had no knowledge of. After I am done with my south american Servants I will likely try and make servant of that category. Maybe even an Astronomer like Ptolomy.
    I did consider Ruler as an alt Class for him (might add it now just for completeness' sake). Foreigner would obviously be more of a stretch but it might fit another philosopher more. Now I'm reminded of how Fate/Requiem made Euclid a Foreigner-Class Servant because of how Euclidean geometry technically doesn't exist anywhere in the world... At least, that's the common fanon explanation for him fitting that Class, the character himself was just namedropped and then forgotten about. One of the pitfalls of having so many Servants in a story is that many of them are bound to be overlooked or get minor roles, including some pretty interesting ones...