Page 212 of 546 FirstFirst ... 112162202207210211212213214217222262312 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

US Friend Code
    Castor recheck the class skills again. There's a description of Riding under MR
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    eh?

it was ok on my end

- - - Updated - - -

wait lol nvm.

fixed
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Not even Gawain talks about Agravain. Sad.

JP Friend Code
    PM, IGN Miyuki
    US Friend Code
    Mordred mentions him
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Just wondering but in the mats, was Ox-King Storm Call detailed more then it was just in her profile. Because honestly the exact mechanics of the NP seems vague for the most part.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Minamoto no Raikou
    Class: Berserker
    True Name: Minamoto no Raikou
    Sex: Female
    Sources: Historical Fact, “Otogizoushi (Fairy-Tale Books)”, “Taiheiki (The Chronicle of Great Peace)”, “Azuma Kagami (The Mirror of the East)”, “The True Form of Ushi-Gozen”, etc.
    Region: Japan
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Height: 175cm
    Weight: ??kg

Character Creators: Sakurai Hikaru and Nasu Kinoko
    Character Designer: Honjou Raita
    Character Voice: Tomatsu Haruka
    Major Appearances in Main Works: Fate/Grand Order

Parameters

Strength: C*
    Constitution: B
    Agility: D
    Magical Power: A
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: A+

*The Strength Parameter is A-rank in the game profile

Class Skills

Magical Resistance: D
    A Skill that nullifies Magecraft spells that were done in one step (a Single Action). A Magical Resistance of the same degree as an amulet that rejects Magical Energy.
    If Raikou was in her original Class, she would possess B-rank Magical Resistance, but as a result of her Attribute being changed, it has been Ranked Down.

Madness Enhancement: EX
    A Skill that strengthens one’s physical abilities in exchange for their sense of reason.
    In Raikou’s case, her reason is not lost, and her state of being remains as her original intellectual self. But with the impurity of her Oni blood, that mentality became morally broken because of the manifestation of her maternal love that is so far as abnormal. (She would eliminate anyone and everyone for the sake of her beloved ones, and likewise, she would protect her beloved ones fanatically.) While talking of proper love, she does not hold a sight of social morals if it is for the sake of love, approving all kinds of deeds… That is to say, she is mentally ill. She draws a line from other Berserkers by not letting others be on the verge of truly perceiving that broken side of hers. Fundamentally, persuading her, or making her correct her ways, is impossible.

Riding: A+
    One can freely handle all beasts and vehicles except Dragon Kins.
    Raikou being able to ride is because of the Deity Gozu Tennou.

Divinity: C
    Raikou was born as the heaven-sent child of Gozu Tennou, so she possesses the Divinity Skill.

Personal Skills

Eternal Martial Arts Mastery: A+
    The dexterity of combat arts performed to the extremes. It prevents the degradation of fighting skills no matter the kind of circumstances, even if Raikou loses her armaments, etc.

Magical Burst (Lightning): A
    Because Gozu Tennou is the incarnation of Taishakuten (the God Indra), Minamoto no Raikou possesses the power of the Kitano Tenjin (Raijin). As a Servant, it is expressed as a Magical Burst Skill.

Mystery Slayer: A
    How Raikou was declared the strongest Mystery Slayer of the Heian Period becoming a Skill. It works with particular effectiveness as Anti-Mystery.

Noble Phantasm

Go-Ou Shourai – Tenmoukaikai (The Ox King’s Summon of Thunder – Heaven’s Vengeance is Slow but Sure)
    Classification: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1~100
    Maximum Number of Targets: 200 people

Raikou temporarily summons the ox (or possibly the Ushi-Oni) that is the divine messenger of Gozu Tennou, who is the source of her demonic nature/strange form, and she eradicates the enemy camp together with this being. The armaments that materialize by means of thunder are the weapons that symbolize the souls of the Four Heavenly Kings, who are her subordinates. By taking in the sublimation of Raikou’s episode where she exterminated the powerful Ushi-Oni, the destructive power of the divine messenger also rises above its original might.

Character

First Person Pronouns: watashi / haha (Mother) (towards Kintoki)
    Second Person Pronouns: anata / anata [only to females] / Kintoki (towards Kintoki) / mushi (Insect) (towards those who tries to woo Kintoki or her Master)
    Third Person Pronouns: ano kata / mina-san

Personality

An elegant, virtuous and glamorous woman in the prime of her youth. While a cool-headed military woman, Raikou is also a beautiful woman overflowing with tolerance. Surely the personification of maternal love.

Raikou is a diligent career soldier, but she becomes a doting crybaby prone to worrying when concerning matters related to Kintoki. As a matter of fact, she is passive/introverted. Although she is seen as a person with the good sense to make peace pleasant for everyone, because her true nature (a nature mixed with a divinity) is inhuman, her perception of everything further becomes panoramic and broad. On the other hand, her affection towards those she came to like is strong, Raikou becoming the embodiment of maternal love where she “makes the world her enemy if it is for the sake of her child.” For her, her “lover” is equal to “her own child”. Raikou herself does not really notice how out of sync that way of perceiving things is.

During moments where she looks after Kintoki, Raikou would not say that she had said “Kintoki. I will discipline you not as your older sister, but as your mother” to him a long time ago, among other things. Thereafter that moment, her first person pronoun towards Kintoki became “Mother”.

Since her birth, Raikou has continually suffered for she had thought of herself as something “close to a demonic being”, even if she has the blood of a god. Below her devotions, such as responding to her father’s expectations and defending the Imperial Capital, she is constantly bearing a viewpoint that “I am not a human being.” She cannot live as a human being, and yet, she also cannot live as a demonic being.

For that sort of Raikou, the encounter with Sakata Kintoki, who possesses a similar mixed-race origin much like herself – albeit weaker than her owns – and who had been backing her up as one of her guardians, grew to be a little salvation for her. Raikou had swore that “Although I cannot become familiar with you as an older sister, I will discipline you as a mother”, and that was also for the sake of not letting Kintoki be exposed to the experience of the same solitude she had suffered. To her father, she was thrown away as unnecessary, and for Raikou, she did not experience maternal love, but the days of disciplining Kintoki as a substitute parent were her only “humane days”.

Such days were also the bygone days, and one day, Kintoki became an adult. A new Oni appeared in the Imperial Capital. That was Shuten-douji. Boasting “freedom as a demonic being” and doing as she likes, Shuten-douji enjoyed herself in the world of humans, and that very state was “something she wanted to be like.” Disdain. Envy. Jealousy. Yearning. For Raikou, Shuten-douji was a “close stranger” to her who mixed up her feelings just like that. As for Raikou herself, she did not assail Shuten-douji aggressively compared to the other criminals. Because she even ascertained that Shuten-douji was an acquaintance of Kintoki from his childhood days.

Motive / Attitude towards the Master

As far as Raikou is concerned, her Master, who would be her contractor, is a very earnest salvation that had appeared in the darkness. Continuing from Kintoki, she sees her Master as a person who she was fated to meet – someone who contracted with and accepted her, a demonic being. Speaking of that doting, it is as fierce as it can be. But given that she has a strong desire to monopolize them, she will press a question with a sick look as if she had suffered from one being unfaithful to her, and she will cry immediately if she sees her Master averting their gaze. Speaking of her maternal love, it gives off an impression of thoughtfulness, but her maternal love goes way too far, becoming something like “her converting her child into her own possession and snatching away all of their freedom as well as their future.” Although Raikou’s affections are at the stage of insanity, Raikou’s own high intelligence and strong sense of reason does not make this aspect be noticed as such (even to the people in her vicinity, as well as to Raikou herself).

Speech Examples

I am called Minamoto no Raikou. While I am not yet competent in this state to act in the position of general, I request that you treat me well, please.
    Oh dear. You are a naughty child, since you have become so bloody.
    I must say, you are… an eyesore.” (During moments of having malice)
    If you say such a thing, I might cry…” (Crying soon)
    Aah… What fault did Mother seem to do…?

Historical Image / Character Image

A figure from the 10th~11th Century. Born as the eldest son of the Minamoto clan, Minamoto no Raikou is a figure who contributed to the development of the entire Seiwa Genji line as the founder of the Settsu Genji branch. He is also the strongest Mystery Slayer of the Heian Period who destroyed many monstrosities, such as “Shuten-douji of Mount Ooe”, “The Giant Spider of the Imperial Capital” and “The Ushi-Oni of Sensou-ji Temple”. Leading Raikou’s Four Heavenly Kings————Watanabe no Tsuna, Sakata Kintoki, Urabe no Suetake and Usui Sadamitsu, who are his subordinates, he continued to protect the peace of the capital. Naturally, he is a male in historical fact.

Old Joururi: “The True Form of Ushi-Gozen” (Outline)

Minamoto no Mitsunaka’s child – who was born as the heaven-sent child of Gozu Tennou – was left in the care of a temple as an unwanted child and was raised in secret because of his abnormal birth (being the child of an Oni). On the occasion of turning 15 years old, the unwanted child gave himself the name “Ushi-Gozen”, and he built up a demonic country for himself at Suzugamori, Shinagawa. The ones who departed to eradicate this country was Minamoto no Raikou, a samurai who has the same father as Ushi-Gozen… and the Four Heavenly Kings who were commanded by Raikou.

Meanwhile, it was Sakata Kintoki who decided in his mind to save only Ushi-Gozen’s life during the eradication in any way possible. Although he was away from the capital for a mission, Kintoki proceeded towards Ushi-Gozen’s base for a negotiation instead of continuing his mission, but the negotiation broke down. Ushi-Gozen’s subordinates were then closed in and destroyed by Raikou as well as by the rest of the Four Heavenly Kings, who were all accompanying Kintoki while hidden.

Already up to this point, the Gozen entered into the Asakusa River (Sumida River), and he would grow into the shape of a huge ox with a bodily height of approximately ten shaku[1], before he would spout water at the enemy armies, drowning many people to death. Ushi-Gozen noticed that the figures of the Four Heavenly Kings were not in sight among the enemy ranks, so he broke into a gallop towards the enemy camp, took along seven brawny samurai and eight horsemen with him against their will, and left these words behind as he submerged to the bottom of Asakusa River: “In a short span of time, I will become thunder and head towards the capital.

The episode regarding Raikou’s half-brother. Although he is precisely Raikou’s younger brother, there is a theory that he was thought to be a “woman” because of the name “Gozen”. (The Ushi-Oni is a monster that possesses the special characteristic of frequently “taking on the form of a woman”, and the Ushi-Oni also appears before Minamoto no Raikou in the “Taiheiki”, taking on the form of “his mother”.)

In addition, “Ushi-Gozen” is the avatar of Gozu Tennou, and Gozu Tennou is the incarnation of Taishakuten (Indra).

Character Image in “Fate/Grand Order

In this work, Raikou appears as a woman. The true identity of Minamoto no Raikou was surely… this “Ushi-Gozen”, the younger sister of Minamoto no Raikou in the old Joururi “The True Form of Ushi-Gozen”————

The way of these things came from an interpretation. Minamoto no Mitsunaka’s daughter – who was born as the heaven-sent child of Gozu Tennou – was left in the care of a temple as a male and was raised in secret because of her abnormal birth (being an Oni child). On the occasion of turning 15 years old, she was brought back to the capital to play an active role, being gifted the name Minamoto no Raikou, and her name was established as a military commander who, on the surface, drove away many Mysteries, taking on in the beginning Ushi-Oni (who is close to her in a sense). Consequently, the episodes of “the life and death struggle between Minamoto no Raikou and her demonic nature/Ushi-Gozen”, “Sakata Kintoki protects Ushi-Gozen, who had fallen into a predicament of being driven into a corner”, etc., as depicted in “The True Form of Ushi-Gozen” were somehow actually speaking of the events…

… of the conflicts with herself. For the purpose of launching herself to the center stage of history as a central figure of the Minamoto clan, Minamoto no Raikou was attempting to detach “Ushi-Gozen”, who is by definition the aspect of her demonic nature/strange form. Speaking of the modern era, the land that corresponds to Tokyo was where Raikou contended against her tempestuous self by means of a deep meditation. When Raikou faced with “Ushi-Gozen”… the demonic nature inside of her, and Ushi-Gozen finally separated from Raikou, manifesting as an avatar of Gozu Tennou. The sky became a storm, thunder roared chaotically, and the earth broke apart. Together with the Four Heavenly Kings, Raikou was to “kill herself” in order to defeat this being.

Given the situation, it became obvious what the reason was for Sakata Kintoki to start protecting Ushi-Gozen in the middle of this battle. Kintoki pondered about Raikou, who was his substitute parent when he was being brought up, and he understands that killing Ushi-Gozen will also kill Raikou as the two are linked. In order to save Raikou, Kintoki needs to “kill” Ushi-Gozen “while keeping her alive”————In other words, preaching the power of the love between parent and child, he saw the conclusion as Ushi-Gozen was sealed (returned back) inside of Raikou.

Connections to Other Characters

Sakata Kintoki
    Kintoki, ahh Kintoki… Hehe, you still have a grain of rice on your cheek. You are forever a child, you know.

Shuten-douji
    You are… an Insect, you know————

Ibaraki-douji
    You are an Insect, you know.

The Hassan of the Serenity
    Why have I not acknowledged Insects? Then should I consider you as just the right substitute for an insect repellent?

Ushi-Gozen
    … Excuse me, what kind of tale does this seem to be?

Tamamo-no-Mae / Abe no Seimei / Ashiya Douman
    (No comment)

Comment from Illustrator

For Ms. Raikou, I stuffed in plenty of components that I like into her, such as making her figure similar to a model that turned non-Japanese in appearance, making her outfit look erotic despite showing little skin exposure, making her show a maternal love that doesn’t want any reward as well as making her show her jealousy in small amounts, and so forth. Although she has swung towards the maternal love aspect quite considerably since her implementation, if you really have something for these huge breasts of hers, you’ll also love the motion of her breasts shaking in every single way. She’s currently the ace of my Chaldea. But it’s amusing that her Noble Phantasm is so dignified. (Honjou Raita)

Notes:
    [1] – 10 shaku is approximately 303cm.
    Last edited by Clyton; January 8th, 2024 at 09:09 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Raikou wants to use Serenity as an incense stick? That's... hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Seeing Tomoe also has a low rank ME, i guess all the half breeds gets another ME on top of their ME. Unlike the pure breeds whose ME is their natural state, so they are used to it and can even control it.

US Friend Code
    Thanks for the TL Clyton, hm its interesting that her description of Eternal Arms Mastership is different from Lancelot's tho as it is written It reminds me alot of Knight of Owner. Also Raikou life was truly tragic wasn't it.

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Thanks for the TL Clyton, hm its interesting that her description of Eternal Arms Mastership is different from Lancelot's tho as it is written It reminds me alot of Knight of Owner. Also Raikou life was truly tragic wasn't it.
    seeing its the same rank, i guess it just expands the skill itsefl. So EAM is undebuffable martial skill, be it Mental Interference or Weapon Drop

Blog Entries
    hey clyton, just a small input but what do yo think of using vengeance instead of net for tenmoukaikai?
    with tenmoukaikai being a proverb of "veangeance of the heaven is slow but sure"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I don't mind, but the problem is that everywhere I saw, it's localized as The Inescapeable Net of Heaven (barring very few places). Not that it's wrong because tenmoukaikai can also be translated as "heaven's net is wide and coarse, yet nothing slips through."

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    "veangeance of the heaven is slow but sure"
    battle speed set to 1x

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    With double Jeanne stall team
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    seeing its the same rank, i guess it just expands the skill itsefl. So EAM is undebuffable martial skill, be it Mental Interference or Weapon Drop
    Wanna see Raikou CQC now.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Wanna see Raikou CQC now.
    I can't help but visualize the usual "put in a deadlock while unknowingly pushing his face into her breasts" cliche' when she's disciplining dealing with Kintoki.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So there's a line in the Mats that says that Goetia and Tiamat only received the Beast class and their numbers when they decided on their plans that would eradicate humanity?

Or something, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    So there's a line in the Mats that says that Goetia and Tiamat only received the Beast class and their numbers when they decided on their plans that would eradicate humanity?

Or something, apparently.
    Well you can already see the implication in the game. The number for them were their order of appearance. Goetia started his plan, making him the 1st Beast to appear, then he released Tiamat from her prison so she's the 2nd. Next Kiara heard the story about epic battle of Goetia, got turned on and started doing shit. Fou would rise next if he still has power...etc. I think the Beast candidates are always there in every timeline (Ind. Manifestation) but in some timelines they don't do shit and in some they awaken -> get Beast class.

How many are there?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    7, tho some of them were split

anywhere than here