Page 250 of 546 FirstFirst ... 150200240245248249250251252255260300350 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I think it has to do with how originally David was created for the Apo moba before it was canceled. The Servants there was all created by a whole assortment of people. If you look at other Apo Servants from the game you see most of them also have multiple authors, one that first created and the other that the charge of writing them when they poped in other works like GO. Thats what I think anyhow.
    That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by John Dee View Post
    Were David and Kintoki meant to play a bigger part in the original concept for Fate/Apocrypha?

Also new Servant translation courtesy of Clyton:

Jing Ke: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...o_material_ii/
    There was a time where I knew the exact details about them, but I forgot.

Also, why doesn't her Suppression skill overlap with her Presence Concealment as a Assassin Class Servant? And the story about her attempt to kill Qin Shi Huangdi got retconned?
    Last edited by Laserman; April 8th, 2018 at 05:27 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    That makes sense.

There was a time where I knew the exact details about them, but I forgot.

Also, why doesn't her Suppression skill overlap with her Presence Concealment as a Assassin Class Servant? And the story about her attempt to kill Qin Shi Huangdi got retconned?
    Suppression doesn't overlap with PC but rather actually helps argument it. PC makes it so that it makes you hard to detect but once you try to prepare to attack it's effectiveness goes down, allowing the opponent a split second to defend themselves. Supression tho suppresses that intent to kill, thus closing that gap between attack and hit even more. Plus Jing can still use suppression without PC, so she make an attack even when she's in front of her opponents face. As for the other thing, I think so. I haven't read it myself so I'm still skeptical on how different it was to what it was on the mats, but apparantly it was a big difference. As Higa was the writer for both I don't know the reasoning for it, but now he's probably aware to stick to what he had originally. We will probably find out more in Lostbelt 3.

As for David and Kintoki. They were Servants creates when Apo was to be a Moba but when the LN came out they were cut as they didn't fit with the story.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Suppression doesn't overlap with PC but rather actually helps argument it. PC makes it so that it makes you hard to detect but once you try to prepare to attack it's effectiveness goes down, allowing the opponent a split second to defend themselves. Supression tho suppresses that intent to kill, thus closing that gap between attack and hit even more. Plus Jing can still use suppression without PC, so she make an attack even when she's in front of her opponents face.
    Thanks for the explanation, I understand the difference know. Man, that's scary, an Assassin being able to hide their killing intent right in front of a enemy.

As for the other thing, I think so. I haven't read it myself so I'm still skeptical on how different it was to what it was on the mats, but apparantly it was a big difference. As Higa was the writer for both I don't know the reasoning for it, but now he's probably aware to stick to what he had originally. We will probably find out more in Lostbelt 3.
    Well, it's never been completed translated either, but rxrx talked about it a bit before in one of the TM Ace threads.

As for David and Kintoki. They were Servants creates when Apo was to be a Moba but when the LN came out they were cut as they didn't fit with the story.
    Yeah, that's it. Same thing with Benkei and George.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

It says that she wants to stab King-based Servants in her relationship section, but would she have some sort of moral dilemma when comes to kid or lily versions of Iskandar, Gilgamesh, Artoria, etc.?

Angra Mainyu's profile has been translated on reddit by Konchew (don't know if he's a poster here as well):

Angra Mainyu: https://www.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/co...tegrand_order/

I'm just wondering what the black diamonds are for in their profiles? Since they also appeared in Solomon and Goetia's profiles as well.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Those are just stylistic breaks in the profile, likely to signify a change of topic.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, what Quoren said. Usually it's a digression to a whole other matter in the same section (I used * to signify the diamond back in Cleo's profile for example, but I will eventually go back through all my translations and put that for better clarification).

Konchew isn't a poster here (based on my knowledge), but he was the one who requested to do Angra Mainyu, so I sent him all the transcription for Angra's mats.

US Friend Code
    Nice reference to Darius from their same heritage. To bad there's nothing else from that.

Man we need more Persian and Zoroastrian Servants so these guys can interact more.

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Rider Cyrus with Alexander fanboying over him

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    If you are interested in more Persian figures' background mentioned in TM, aside from Manuchehr who was the last king in West Asia's Age of Gods period as mentioned in Arash's profile, Arash's mats expanded on that, citing Manuchehr as the descendent of Fereydun, the Hero-King who slayed Zahhak, who was the incarnation of the evil dragon Aži Dahāka, who was then considered the son of the actual Angra Mainyu.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    yeah cos arash talks about him in fragments
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Fereydun would be nice, since he'd be Persian Gilgamesh. Rostam would also be awesome. Since he's Persia's greatest hero. Also Persian Kings like as Zork said Cyrus would be nice, but also would Darius I and possibly Xerxes. I would wonder whether they would have the Immortals and how they would be different by Darius III.

anywhere than here

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Fereydun would be nice, since he'd be Persian Gilgamesh. Rostam would also be awesome. Since he's Persia's greatest hero. Also Persian Kings like as Zork said Cyrus would be nice, but also would Darius I and possibly Xerxes. I would wonder whether they would have the Immortals and how they would be different by Darius III.
    The Athánatoi are already Darius III's NP, aren't they? I could see them reusing it in a different form, but I suspect that they want to keep NPs relatively unique. Relatively. Lord knows that we have way too many beamswords.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He does use them differently than most army summon NPs, he turns them into a GIANT ELEPHANT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Others' Athanatoi ought to be more exciting. IIRC the Immortals had caravans of concubines to accompany them.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; April 13th, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Others' Athanatoi ought to be more exciting. IIRC the Immortals were all trained with swords, spears and bows.
    Darius already has that tho. Personally I'm just curious on how they make the armies different enough from both Darius and Iskandars if they do give them it. Darius III manifests the Armies immortality by it being undead. As for the others like Darius I and Xerxes how they express the immortality gets me curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah you change it.

Yes Army harems would be interesting, I'd call Xeres having that.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Don't even use the soldiers
    Just fling carts full of prostitutes at the enemies

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Are there too many similarities between Darius and Ivan at this point? Both are super tall, both have NPs that summon elephants, and both have NPs that summon an army. The idea of a, "big burly Servant with an army-summoning NP," is starting to become a bit stale.
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthizar View Post
    Are there too many similarities between Darius and Ivan at this point? Both are super tall, both have NPs that summon elephants, and both have NPs that summon an army. The idea of a, "big burly Servant with an army-summoning NP," is starting to become a bit stale.
    Functionally different though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthizar View Post
    Are there too many similarities between Darius and Ivan at this point?
    Now that you mention it

Both are super tall
    Ivan: bigger
    both have NPs that summon elephants
    both have NPs that summon an army

Darius has to sit at the kiddie table now, and Iskander needs a baby booster.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"