Page 466 of 546 FirstFirst ... 366416456461464465466467468471476516 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,320 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Angry wheel boi.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    I might as well attempt a translation of Red Hare's profile. I've already transcribed around half of it anyway.
    Yay, Shiki joins the club! I'm looking forwards to see your work!

JP Friend Code
    Very interesting implications for Seimei from Shikibu's profile, I'm also pleased that her profile is also packed with lore like Benienma's.

That caption curse might very well be what ruined Tamamo. Imagine the situation where it is used on her (either through some experiment or he just wants to troll her) and it said "fun fact: she has fox ears, that's becuz she's bunrei of a Beast candidate who might or might not destroy the world in the future hahahaha" and it went to shit. That would've been the most tragic shit cause by a fail troll attempt.

Also "Onmyoudou (within the limits of Magecraft)". Does this mean there are Onmyoudou arts that go beyond the limits of Magecraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Very interesting implications for Seimei from Shikibu's profile, I'm also pleased that her profile is also packed with lore like Benienma's.

That caption curse might very well be what ruined Tamamo. Imagine the situation where it is used on her (either through some experiment or he just wants to troll her) and it said "fun fact: she has fox ears, that's becuz she's bunrei of a Beast candidate who might or might not destroy the world in the future hahahaha" and it went to shit. That would've been the most tragic shit cause by a fail troll attempt.

Also "Onmyoudou (within the limits of Magecraft)". Does this mean there are Onmyoudou arts that go beyond the limits of Magecraft?
    I mean it would make sense, eastern magic and even some western magic doesnt seem to follow the same rules of 'typical' magecraft, tamamo witchcraft bypases MR it seems and rune memes are too strong

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The keyword here is "current limits of Magecraft". Shit a present day mage can do vs shit an Age of Gods mage can do. The living Murasaki was on the level of a Clock Tower guy despite living on Japan's golden age of magecraft.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The keyword here is "current limits of Magecraft". Shit a present day mage can do vs shit an Age of Gods mage can do. The living Murasaki was on the level of a Clock Tower guy despite living on Japan's golden age of magecraft.
    Honestly that was not my impression reading that line through translation, it sounds more like the limits of magecraft currently as a whole than specifically modern magecraft, but that's just me. I checked the original text and I think 現代 should've been translated as "modern day", "modern magecraft" for better clarification.

In any cases, I wonder what a modern day Onmyouji can do compare to the ones back in Seimei's era and how big of a gap it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, very disappointed about Ash's profile. It's really barebones. I don't want to sound like a Higashide hater, but damn the profile barely clarifies anything, especially the Mahakala Shakti.

Murasaki is done.
    So they were a magus when they were alive Fate.
    Special Abilities (Curses)

Murasaki Shikibu can add captions explaining the words and actions of a selected target.
    The captions start expositing entirely on their own.
    In one way, this can be considered the most powerful curse Abe no Seimei taught her. Oh, that terrible man.
    Here’s a practical example of how it works!
    I still don't understand. Do they float about the target's head? Also I wish they had more writers in their related characters section. Also I don't see where some of the translation notes numbers are.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    I wished it talked about the weapons coming from the chakram. Thanks for the translations.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Honestly that was not my impression reading that line through translation, it sounds more like the limits of magecraft currently as a whole than specifically modern magecraft, but that's just me. I checked the original text and I think 現代 should've been translated as "modern day", "modern magecraft" for better clarification.

In any cases, I wonder what a modern day Onmyouji can do compare to the ones back in Seimei's era and how big of a gap it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, very disappointed about Ash's profile. It's really barebones. I don't want to sound like a Higashide hater, but damn the profile barely clarifies anything, especially the Mahakala Shakti.
    It isnt even on there, and all the authors profiles are getting barebones these days, i genuinely wonder why

Um, I don't see that at all. That's an exaggeration.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No Naranyastra, no explanation of Mahakala Shakti, maybe only a couple of sentences about his skills.

Yeah, Ash's profile is crap. Especially compared to Murasaki's, which is really detailed and well-written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    No Naranyastra, no explanation of Mahakala Shakti, maybe only a couple of sentences about his skills.

Yeah, Ash's profile is crap. Especially compared to Murasaki's, which is really detailed and well-written.
    Even murasaki has issues in that she can pull a bootlegged GER but its not super detailed

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fixed, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I still don't understand. Do they float about the target's head?
    Don't know. In-game, they appear as a separate textbox, so until yesterday I assumed they spoken out loud by a disembodied voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Also I don't see where some of the translation notes numbers are.
    Notes 2 and 3 are more of a general comment rather attached to any specific part of the text, so I didn't put their numbers anywhere.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Japan's AoG Texture was dissolved only under one of the Tokugawas, wasn't it? Or that's just a fan speculation.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; May 7th, 2020 at 11:31 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I assumed it was Nobunaga's doing, which is why she has Anti-Divine skills
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Japan's AoG Texture was dissolved only under one of the Tokugawas, wasn't it? Or that's just a fan speculation.
    Japan does have their "Age of the gods" in their myth and it ends in around 660 BCE when the first emperor descended from heaven. By that point the Shinto gods moved to Tokoyo no Kuni (like a heaven, not to be confused with their original home Takamagahara) and the rights to control the world is put into human's hands. Whether TM will go with it is unknown.

I feel like if nobunaga did that they would have pioneer of the stars, then again who gets it and who doesn't is a bit random (author favoritism)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We have Drake because she was the first to travel around the globe, Tesla because made electricity available to everyone and Da Vinci because ?????. Nobunaga is up there in terms of causing lasting and meaningful change, but limited to one country while the Pioneer of the Stars trio had a much more global scale.

JP Friend Code
    Speaking of Tesla, I really like how Asclepius was like Yo dude you're the guy who stole lightning from god and gave to mankind? GOOD FUCKING JOB!

The mad scientists will get along.

We have Drake because she was the first to travel around the globe, Tesla because made electricity available to everyone and Da Vinci because ?????. Nobunaga is up there in terms of causing lasting and meaningful change, but limited to one country while the Pioneer of the Stars trio had a much more global scale.
    Drake was either 2nd or 3rd actually and even the nits up for debate, tesla is overhyped.

I just feel like certain other servants should have it like edison since he did start the concept of the modern laboratory if memory serves

Blog Entries
    Clyton - Semiramis, Achilles, Swimsuit Jeanne, Liangyu, Consort Yu, and Astraea.
    castor212 - Mecha Eli Mks 1 and 2.
    Mizukume - Osakabehime.
    Smoof - Xiang Yu.
    BananaShiki - Santa Quetzalcoatl, Old Shuwen, and Gray.
    Konchew - Shi Huangdi, Kama/Mara, and Lakshmibal.
    King of Padoru - Munenori, Miyu, Kingprotea, Parvati-Kasuga, Nobutsuna, and William Tell.
    Comun - Ganesha and Ascelpius.
    aabisector - Sima Yi.
    Shiki-pon - Red Hare.

By volumes:
    Vol 6: 5
    Vol 7: 2
    Vol 8: 18

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Da Vinci because sheembodies the Renaissance I guess.