Page 437 of 546 FirstFirst ... 337387427432435436437438439442447487537 ... LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,740 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    ahh that debate again
    ...?

eh? I don’t ever remember seeing it debated? Hell, I didn’t know it was even a question
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The other Solomon
    Avicebron
    Class: Caster
    True Name: Avicebron
    Source: Tradition
    Origin: Europe
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Height: 161 cm
    Weight: 52 kg

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Mana: A
    Luck: B
    NP: A+

Scenario writer: Higashide Yūichirō | Scenario investigation: Miwa Kiyomune | Character designer: Konoe Ototsugu | CV: Miyamoto Mitsuru
    Main appearances: Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Grand Order

Class skills

Territory Creation: B
    Creates a territory advantageous to oneself as a mage.
    The formation of a “factory” uniquely specialized in the casting of golems is possible.

Item Construction: B+
    Can create tools tinged with mana.
    Avicebron’s skill is specialized in golems, so he can’t create anything besides that.

Personal skills

Numerology: B
    One of the magecraft systems, Kabbalah. By combining it with incantation shortenings from the Notarikon[1], instantly inputting multiple commands into multiple golems becomes possible.

High-Speed Incantation: B+
    Only for incantations related to golems, he has a noteworthy speed.

Restful Fig Tree: EX
    So says the legend.
    A man jealous of Avicebron’s poetic genius murdered him.
    The corpse was buried at the roots of a fig tree, but since the fig gave such delicious fruits, people thought it was strange and dag up, and discovered the corpse.
    An unusual skill that activates after being driven to withdrawal, annihilation, or similar.[2]

Noble Phantasm
    Golem Keter Malkuth
    Royal crown: Light of knowledge

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~10
    Maximum number of targets: 100 people

Golem Keter Malkuth.[3]
    Caster’s incomplete Noble Phantasm whose creation wasn’t fulfilled when he was alive.
    An autonomous-type Reality Marble that imitates『the primeval human (Adam)』, and continues repainting the World for as long as it exists.
    Even if the creator Caster perishes, it will continue moving without it mattering.
    It can obtain the blessing of the earth, and it will never perish as long as its feet are on the earth.
    Its weapon is an obsidian sword. In addition, unification with the being that will become the core as its motive power is necessary.
    If it’s a mage or someone with excellent Magical Circuits, this golem itself will increase its strength.

However, Servants are fundamentally omitted.
    Because, for the sake of the objective that is the completion of paradise this Noble Phantasm must stay in the world for a long time, but in the case of Servants, the incorporated Magical Circuits disappear at the same time of their annihilation.
    Nourishment as a mere clump of mana is quite problematic, though.

……Outside its original purpose, even if it’s temporary, in case an extremely high fighting power is required, it’s able to endure being used against Servants.
    But Avicebron, who acknowledges that 『temporary usage』 as blasphemous rarely makes use of it.
    And say nothing about fighting by using himself as the core ————

Really, it’s something absolutely unconceivable.

Character

First person pronoun: 僕 (boku)
    Second person pronoun: 君 (kimi)
    Third person pronoun: 彼 など (kare and similar)

Personality

Mature, pessimistic… but.
    For good or for bad, he has a scholarly and too serious personality, good resignation, intense prejudices, and at times, he sometimes does preposterous things.

Motivation · Attitude with the Master

Fundamentally treats them with a reverent attitude.
    But, in the case that the Master is compatible as a core, he’s willing to betray them.
    Whereas they think it’s painful for him, he keeps acting with cool-headed thinking.

Dialogue examples

「Combat is my weak point.
    But a mage properly prepares the means to make up for that.」

「Be born from the earth (mother), drink the wind (knowledge), be filled with water (life);
    if you swing the fire (weapon), disease (the devil) shall go away.
    Righteousness shall guide your blood to purity.
    Thy name that embraces Ru’ach[4], is Adam!」

「A long journey and cruel decisions await you.
    But I believe.
    ——— Fight, young boy/girl. I trust.
    That only humans have the strength[5] to endure this responsibility!」

Historical depiction · Appearance (Investigation: Miwa Kiyomune):

His official name is Solomon ben Judah ibn Gabirol.
    There isn’t any relation in particular with the ancient king Solomon. [6]
    He was a philosopher and poet from the 11th century, and a Kabbalist that dealt with one genre of magecraft, the Kabbalah.
    His achievements include introducing ideas from ancient Greece that were preserved in the Arabian culture sphere into the European culture sphere.
    His philosophy itself wasn’t accepted in Europe, but it is told that the foundations of the Renaissance were built inspired by a rebuttal to those teachings.

It was commented that because of his weak constitution he was pessimistic and 「seemed like an 80 year-old elder despite being 16 years old」.[7]
    As a poet, elegies were said to be his forte.

About golems (Investigation: Miwa Kiyomune):

Golems are considered robots manufactured by some magecraft, but they’re originally a mystery of Kabbalah ——— Judaism, meaning “fetus” “one who is not formed”, truly the esoteric art with which the Lord created Adam from a lump of earth.

By breathing your breath (Ru’ach) into the golems produced from a lump of earth, they obtain life, and move.
    The golems in this state don’t have any knowledge, and become existences that move according to their creator’s will.
    But, since they have no knowledge they sometimes move distorting the orders of their creator, and to manage them correctly, the correct orders must be inputted.
    It could be said that appearance is similar to the relationship between humans and machines from recent times, computers.

In order to defeat or dispose of a golem, the general method is to erase the “e” from the word emeth (more accurately, in Hebrew), meaning “truth”, carved on its forehead (top of the head) (or written in an affixed parchment), and changing it to “meth”, which means “death”; but being strict this is not a weakness.

The miracle of a golem is recreating the miracle of the Lord by blowing life into a vessel of earth, and although an imitation, in order to destroy that, a power surpassing that miracle is required.
    For that reason, the word “emeth” isn’t a weakness, but the golem’s emergency stop device… It would be better to call it a method established as safety.

Appearance in 『FateGO』:

There is no change about him being a misanthrope even after having been summoned as a Servant,
    but he’s making an effort to communicate a little positively, as if there were various things to think about.
    However, he isn’t very fond of being called teacher.

He is ignorant about the subtleties of the emotions of others, but he is never dull.
    But if the reasons lie beyond logic, he’s likely to be confused.
    In short, his state has mostly become『knowing that you’re angry, but not knowing why you’re angry』

Armament:

Golems

Related characters:

Sieg
    Should I say I’m glad I didn’t make you the core?
    Should I say my blunder resulted in you being here?
    In any case, you’re here now ———— God bless you.

Siegfried/Chiron/Vlad III/Astolfo/Frankenstein
    I’m really sorry.

Mecha Eli-chan · Mecha Eli-chan II
    Wonderful!!

Antonio Salieri
    …… You, with your face being so refined
    is there any meaning in wearing a mask?

Comment from Illustrator:

Have you ever thought 「Jeez, if only I had another pair of hands」 when working or making experiments? This is why, Teacher steadily remodeled himself and became very convenient. He can compete in video-games alone! Of course he can advance in the laps! What is being cultivated in Seitō[8]… No, the Saint Graph’s behind is artificial muscles. The golem hybrid fellow is using organic components. Fresh red meat. …Oh, today’s dinner menu in Chaldea’s cafeteria is steak! By the way, what meat is this? (Konoe Ototsugu)

[1]: A method of deriving words by using the initial and/or final letters stand for another. IRL Kabbalists used this method to find out a deeper meaning of things in the Bible.

[2]: And it does....?

[3]: Keter Malkuth (The Royal Crown) is the title of one of Avicebron's works. It's a text that measures the spehres of the Universe and makes the reader feel small but at the same time praises them with a proclamation of divine grace. At the same time, Keter and Malkuth are the highest and lowest sephirot of the Tree of Life.

[4]: In Kabbalah, the middle soul, the spirit. It contains moral virtues and the ability to distinguish good from evil.

[5]: Written 強靭さ instead of 強さ. 強靭 can also mean "tenacious".

[6]: This clarification isn't just because he's called Solomon too. Apparently, a 12th century philosopher mistranslated his signature as "Solomon, the Jew, the king", and attributed many of his works to THE Solomon.

[7]: Avicebron was said to have lupus vulgaris, skin lesions produced by tuberculosis. He actually had a complex about this, and described himself as "short and ugly" in some poems.

[8]: Written 聖闘, as in 聖闘士星矢. I don't know if it's actually a reference to Saint Seiya.

Well-written character that is very similar to the accurate depiction of him IRL, though it still annoys me that "anecdote of a golem maid" = "super Adam-golem NP".

I thought that the golem section was going to be about his NP rather than about golems in general.
    Not to undervalue Miwa's investigation, but most of what he's written is in Wikipedia.

Also, WTF is going on with Konoe's comments?
    Last edited by King of Padoru; January 19th, 2020 at 01:45 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Surprised his extra limbs are made from organic components. Thought he was just using the golem equivalent of cybernetics instead of biotech.

Blog Entries
    Another one bites the dust:

Clyton - Danzou and Achilles.
    castor212 - Ko-Gil, Inshun, Mecha Eli Mks 1 and 2, Semiramis, Salieri, and Izou.
    GundamFSN - Karna, Sherlock, Munenori, and Napoleon.
    Mizukume - Osakabehime.
    Commu - Anastasia.
    Konchew - Atalante Alter and Swimsuit BB.
    King of Padoru - Swimsuit Ushi and Sitonai.
    Smoof - Valkyrie.
    Unclaimed - Sieg, Swimsuit Jeanne, Swimsuit Ibaraki, Swimsuit Jeanne Alter, and MHXX.

Or if you want to go by volume count:
    Vol 3: 2
    Vol 5: 1
    Vol 6: 7
    Vol 7: 15

If there are any changes in who's doing what profile or if you want names added onto your current lists, just let me know and I'll change them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    though it still annoys me that "anecdote of a golem maid" = "super Adam-golem NP".

I thought that the golem section was going to be about his NP rather than about golems in general.
    Not to undervalue Miwa's investigation, but most of what he's written is in Wikipedia.
    Super Adam-golem that rips off part of Antaeus legend
    And seriously, most of that info on Golems would have work better if they make the Maharal of Prague instead of Avicebron (not that I dislike Avi, I'm just surprise since the Maharal is a more famous name when you research golems)
    Anyway, thanks for your work!
    Last edited by Lobo; January 19th, 2020 at 02:17 PM.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking the same as you. It'd make much more sense to have the most iconic golem be like this than using a footnote anecdote with barely any proof other than rumors

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I always thought Adam was invincible because "no death in Paradise", and he... Turns wherever he's standing into paradise

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    I find it odd the temperament towards the Master seems to be based on Apo rather his FGO one. Generally speaking I guess?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I guess they're not taking him having memories from Apo into consideration?

Yeah it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    The other Solomon
    Avicebron
    Class: Caster
    True Name: Avicebron
    Source: Tradition
    Origin: Europe
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Height: 161 cm
    Weight: 52 kg

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Mana: A
    Luck: B
    NP: A+

Scenario writer: Higashide Yūichirō | Scenario investigation: Miwa Kiyomune | Character designer: Konoe Ototsugu | CV: Miyamoto Mitsuru
    Main appearances: Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Grand Order

Class skills

Territory Creation: B
    Creates a territory advantageous to oneself as a mage.
    The formation of a “factory” uniquely specialized in the casting of golems is possible.

Item Construction: B+
    Can create tools tinged with mana.
    Avicebron’s skill is specialized in golems, so he can’t create anything besides that.

Personal skills

Numerology: B
    One of the magecraft systems, Kabbalah. By combining it with incantation shortenings from the Notarikon[1], instantly inputting multiple commands into multiple golems becomes possible.

High-Speed Incantation: B+
    Only for incantations related to golems, he has a noteworthy speed.

Restful Fig Tree: EX
    So says the legend.
    A man jealous of Avicebron’s poetic genius murdered him.
    The corpse was buried at the roots of a fig tree, but since the fig gave such delicious fruits, people thought it was strange and dag up, and discovered the corpse.
    An unusual skill that activates after being driven to withdrawal, annihilation, or similar.[2]

Noble Phantasm
    Golem Keter Malkuth
    Royal crown: Light of knowledge

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~10
    Maximum number of targets: 100 people

Golem Keter Malkuth.[3]
    Caster’s incomplete Noble Phantasm whose creation wasn’t fulfilled when he was alive.
    An autonomous-type Reality Marble that imitates『the primeval human (Adam)』, and continues repainting the World for as long as it exists.
    Even if the creator Caster perishes, it will continue moving without it mattering.
    It can obtain the blessing of the earth, and it will never perish as long as its feet are on the earth.
    Its weapon is an obsidian sword. In addition, unification with the being that will become the core as its motive power is necessary.
    If it’s a mage or someone with excellent Magical Circuits, this golem itself will increase its strength.

However, Servants are fundamentally omitted.
    Because, for the sake of the objective that is the completion of paradise this Noble Phantasm must stay in the world for a long time, but in the case of Servants, the incorporated Magical Circuits disappear at the same time of their annihilation.
    Nourishment as a mere clump of mana is quite problematic, though.

……Outside its original purpose, even if it’s temporary, in case an extremely high fighting power is required, it’s able to endure being used against Servants.
    But Avicebron, who acknowledges that 『temporary usage』 as blasphemous rarely makes use of it.
    And say nothing about fighting by using himself as the core ————

Really, it’s something absolutely unconceivable.

Character

First person pronoun: 僕 (boku)
    Second person pronoun: 君 (kimi)
    Third person pronoun: 彼 など (kare and similar)

Personality

Mature, pessimistic… but.
    For good or for bad, he has a scholarly and too serious personality, good resignation, intense prejudices, and at times, he sometimes does preposterous things.

Motivation · Attitude with the Master

Fundamentally treats them with a reverent attitude.
    But, in the case that the Master is compatible as a core, he’s willing to betray them.
    Whereas they think it’s painful for him, he keeps acting with cool-headed thinking.

Dialogue examples

「Combat is my weak point.
    But a mage properly prepares the means to make up for that.」

「Be born from the earth (mother), drink the wind (knowledge), be filled with water (life);
    if you swing the fire (weapon), disease (the devil) shall go away.
    Righteousness shall guide your blood to purity.
    Thy name that embraces Ru’ach[4], is Adam!」

「A long journey and cruel decisions await you.
    But I believe.
    ——— Fight, young boy/girl. I trust.
    That only humans have the strength[5] to endure this responsibility!」

Historical depiction · Appearance (Investigation: Miwa Kiyomune):

His official name is Solomon ben Judah ibn Gabirol.
    There isn’t any relation in particular with the ancient king Solomon. [6]
    He was a philosopher and poet from the 11th century, and a Kabbalist that dealt with one genre of magecraft, the Kabbalah.
    His achievements include introducing ideas from ancient Greece that were preserved in the Arabian culture sphere into the European culture sphere.
    His philosophy itself wasn’t accepted in Europe, but it is told that the foundations of the Renaissance were built inspired by a rebuttal to those teachings.

It was commented that because of his weak constitution he was pessimistic and 「seemed like an 80 year-old elder despite being 16 years old」.[7]
    As a poet, elegies were said to be his forte.

About golems (Investigation: Miwa Kiyomune):

Golems are considered robots manufactured by some magecraft, but they’re originally a mystery of Kabbalah ——— Judaism, meaning “fetus” “one who is not formed”, truly the esoteric art with which the Lord created Adam from a lump of earth.

By breathing your breath (Ru’ach) into the golems produced from a lump of earth, they obtain life, and move.
    The golems in this state don’t have any knowledge, and become existences that move according to their creator’s will.
    But, since they have no knowledge they sometimes move distorting the orders of their creator, and to manage them correctly, the correct orders must be inputted.
    It could be said that appearance is similar to the relationship between humans and machines from recent times, computers.

In order to defeat or dispose of a golem, the general method is to erase the “e” from the word emeth (more accurately, in Hebrew), meaning “truth”, carved on its forehead (top of the head) (or written in an affixed parchment), and changing it to “meth”, which means “death”; but being strict this is not a weakness.

The miracle of a golem is recreating the miracle of the Lord by blowing life into a vessel of earth, and although an imitation, in order to destroy that, a power surpassing that miracle is required.
    For that reason, the word “emeth” isn’t a weakness, but the golem’s emergency stop device… It would be better to call it a method established as safety.

Appearance in 『FateGO』:

There is no change about him being a misanthrope even after having been summoned as a Servant,
    but he’s making an effort to communicate a little positively, as if there were various things to think about.
    However, he isn’t very fond of being called teacher.

He is ignorant about the subtleties of the emotions of others, but he is never dull.
    But if the reasons lie beyond logic, he’s likely to be confused.
    In short, his state has mostly become『knowing that you’re angry, but not knowing why you’re angry』

Armament:

Golems

Related characters:

Sieg
    Should I say I’m glad I didn’t make you the core?
    Should I say my blunder resulted in you being here?
    In any case, you’re here now ———— God bless you.

I’m really sorry.

Mecha Eli-chan · Mecha Eli-chan II
    Wonderful!!

Antonio Salieri
    …… You, with your face being so refined
    is there any meaning in wearing a mask?

Comment from Illustrator:

Have you ever thought 「Jeez, if only I had another pair of hands」 when working or making experiments? This is why, Teacher steadily remodeled himself and became very convenient. He can compete in video-games alone! Of course he can advance in the laps! What is being cultivated in Seitō[8]… No, the Saint Graph’s behind is artificial muscles. The golem hybrid fellow is using organic components. Fresh red meat. …Oh, today’s dinner menu in Chaldea’s cafeteria is steak! By the way, what meat is this? (Konoe Ototsugu)

[1]: A method of deriving words by using the initial and/or final letters stand for another. IRL Kabbalists used this method to find out a deeper meaning of things in the Bible.

[2]: And it does....?

[3]: Keter Malkuth (The Royal Crown) is the title of one of Avicebron's works. It's a text that measures the spehres of the Universe and makes the reader feel small but at the same time praises them with a proclamation of divine grace. At the same time, Keter and Malkuth are the highest and lowest sephirot of the Tree of Life.

[4]: In Kabbalah, the middle soul, the spirit. It contains moral virtues and the ability to distinguish good from evil.

[5]: Written 強靭さ instead of 強さ. 強靭 can also mean "tenacious".

[6]: This clarification isn't just because he's called Solomon too. Apparently, a 12th century philosopher mistranslated his signature as "Solomon, the Jew, the king", and attributed many of his works to THE Solomon.

[7]: Avicebron was said to have lupus vulgaris, skin lesions produced by tuberculosis. He actually had a complex about this, and described himself as "short and ugly" in some poems.

[8]: Written 聖闘, as in 聖闘士星矢. I don't know if it's actually a reference to Saint Seiya.

Well-written character that is very similar to the accurate depiction of him IRL, though it still annoys me that "anecdote of a golem maid" = "super Adam-golem NP".

Also, WTF is going on with Konoe's comments?
    Scenario investigation: Miwa Kiyomune
    I haven't seen this before.

I’m really sorry.
    Wow, he's actually sorry about betraying them. Thanks for the translation.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I always thought Adam was invincible because "no death in Paradise", and he... Turns wherever he's standing into paradise
    I think that's right but needing his feet on the Earth is necessary too. That's why Astolfo had to use Trap of Argalia before Mordred and Sieg could finish him off.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Interesting that he's genuinely regretful about his betrayal, but he'd do it again if he had too.

Maybe it's just as well Fujimaru is such a crappy magus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    post-Apo but pre-Anastasia maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

nope, still doesn’t make sense
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In reference to Ivan, is his reference to "Great Statue God" referring to Ganesha?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazigh View Post
    In reference to Ivan, is his reference to "Great Statue God" referring to Ganesha?
    It's Jinako as a Pseudo Servant Ganesha.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    It's Jinako as a Pseudo Servant Ganesha.
    Just wondered if it was her he was referring to or not. I figured, but with wording, sometimes it's not clear.

Yeah, Great Statue God is the name her Saint Graph has in the servantdex at first. It changes to Jinako Carigiri upon ascention

Blog Entries
    When mats doesn't match the servants' in game personality, again.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A guy on Reddit is telling me to rewrite my translations of Ryouma and Majin's mats because their Skill descriptions don't say what they do. I'm ready to get the same criticism later for Nastya's Glacial Charisma.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is it that vsksan guy? Whoever they are, do they realise that you can't TL what isn't there?