Page 412 of 546 FirstFirst ... 312362402407410411412413414417422462512 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,240 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    I'll try to have Circe and Ereshkigal finished for next week

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I'll be flying for 3 days from Sunday to Wednesday, most likely with no internet connection, so I might have enough free time to Sheba's mats and Ishtar's new inturlude while I'm there (but unable to post until I'm settled in my new house). I said "might" because I'll be giving priority to the translations that actually pay me and those are looking very long and intimidating.
    Oh okay guys, I was just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    - Details on how her NP works, how it is planned to be, step by step, how it mirrors Ishtar's.
    - Details on her relationship with Ishtar and her skills.
    - Details on her relationship with Nergal, the entire plot of Xmas in Underworld event and what sun authority he granted her meant.
    - Details on Dumuzid and his underworld stay, his motivation to help out Eresh in the event.
    - Details on Eresh and Ishtar mythical lore, like how Inanna is similar to Izanami.
    - Hints on the "original" of Eresh showing up.
    That's a lot of stuff.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Birb
    Circe
    Class: Caster
    True Name: Circe
    Source: Greek mythology
    Origin: Europe
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Height: 147 cm
    Weight: 39 kg

Scenario writer: Hoshizora Meteo | Character designer: Hidari | CV: Akaneya Himika
    Main appearances: Fate/Grand Order

Strength: E
    Endurance: B
    Agility: D
    Mana: A+
    Luck: A
    NP: C

Class skills

Territory Creation: B

Makes a territory advantageous to oneself as a mage.
    The feast of abundant crops becomes an “altar” to extol the goddess Hecate.

Item Construction: A
    Can create tools tinged with mana.
    The medical arts directly transmitted by the goddess who rules over life and death, Hecate, bring surprising mutations to the user.

Personal skills

High-Speed Divine Words: B
    Can activate magecraft without an incantation/connecting the Magic Circuits.
    The words possessing power of the Age of Gods can’t be pronounced by modern people.

Poisoned Meal: A
    A meal refers to food gathered at the dining table.
    The treat that turned sailors into pigs is kykeon.

Advice for Sailing: A
    For the setting off of the one who fears the witch’s wisdom and knows the goddess’ love, she grants useful advice to overcome hardships.

Noble Phantasm
    Metabo Piglets
    Forbidden revelry

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

Metabo Piglets.
    A Reality Marble of summoning.
    The boorish fellow invited to the luxurious banquet space is trampled by the beloved pigs of the witch Circe, “piglets”.
    Pleasant and noisy, a fearsome banquet of magecraft that stuffs you up until bursting. Those who have learned the taste of ecstasy, will desire to degenerate into a beloved pig of their own will.

Character

First person pronoun:
    私 (watashi)
    Second person pronoun: きみ (kimi) / 愛豚 (ピグレット) (piglet)
    Third person pronoun: 彼 (kare) / 彼女 (kanojo)

Personality

Likes: Flawed human males that rely on her. Treating to the oat porridge “kykeon”.
    Dislikes: Men getting bored of her, being unilaterally protected.

While she’s intelligent, her speech and conduct are, like a witch, ignored in some respects.
    She likes to gallantly entertain visitors.
    Without showing timidity to anyone, she receives with an attitude without decorations, but on the other hand if anything she’s introverted and has a strong desire for monopoly. Weak when pushed, easy to lapse.

She is harmless for a short time, but as the association deepens, she’ll shorten the distance and her affection will get heavier. As many partners that neglected being loved, there wasn’t a single person who personally wanted to say goodbye. Excluding the hero Odysseus.
    The reason why her proudly beautiful hair, praised even by Homeros, was drastically cut short starting from certain time, was due to her experiencing a hard heartbreak that overwhelmed her.

She doesn’t speak ill of men, but protects them to the maximum and reacts favorably to them. Still, in the scenes where it must be said, she’ll daringly employ magecraft.
    With women she’s basically dry and indifferent. She often doesn’t even remember their names. Still, since she gives a sharp opinion without including her personal feelings if she’s consulted, there are also those who say she’s easy to get along with. To only a small part of the women she gets along with, there has been such a thing as her occasionally showing her feelings and whining.

Treatment with the Master

She understands well that she’s a Servant. Her faithfulness isn’t influenced by the gender of the Master.
    By relying on her deeds and knowledge in magecraft, she feels comfort and joy, and serves gallantly.
    If the bond deepens, even though confused, she will seek love and freedom.

Dialogue examples

「Fufu, fufu. I understood it all! You too want to become a piglet!」

「No matter what you do, I’ll endure. As long as I want us to be together. So… Don’t go…」

「If we’re talking about any specialty besides magecraft, I guess that would be singing and weaving. And of course, the skill of cooking. Yes, not as much as Hestia, but seeing it like this I’m quite domestic, am I not? And above all, inside the bedroom[2] I’m a quite efficient… What’s wrong?! I’ll turn you into a pig! I’LL TURN YOU INTO A PIG!」

「The Holy Grail, huh…? If I said that unfulfilled wishes are what shape the existence of me, the witch Circe… Would you laugh?」

「I’m a great witch?!」「Eat some kykeon?」

Historical depiction · Appearance:

She appears in Homeros’ epic 『The Odyssey』.
    The renowned witch of myth that lived in the Eëa island.
    Speaking of witches that were considered the subject of poems and pictures identified her so much that Circe became a byword for witches.
    Originally a goddess[1] that governs the moon and love with a genealogical connection to the goddess Hecate.
    She warmly received the human men that visited her island with a treat, but when they had enough, she’d turn them into animals like lions, wolves, or pigs.
    Her elder brother was Aeëtes (Medea’s father/king of Colchis). Her elder sister was Pasiphaë (Asterios’ mother/wife of Crete’s king, Minos).

When she offered love counsel to the sea god Glaucos, she was rejected for an illicit love by Glaucos, her envy increased, and she turned the other maiden, Scylla, into a monster. This Scylla would later eat six of Odysseus’ subordinates.

The hero Odysseus stopped by the Eëa island during his return to his hometown, was offered Circe’s poisoned oat porridge, and since he broke that magic with Hermes’ protection, he ended up being expressly liked by her. When Odysseus left, she gave him helpful advice to avoid hardship in the journey.

Depiction in FGO:

Investigating the medical arts instructed by the goddess Hecate, she dispenses magical medicines with various effects.
    She assisted in the learning of magecraft of her niece Medea when she was young (in other words, Medea Lily).
    In addition to the episode of the chance meeting with Odysseus, the Argonauts led by the hero Jason headed to the Eëa island, and she helped in the purification of the cursed Argo ship.
    Her alias of “The Witch of Hawks” derives from her father, the Sun god Helios, and the 「winged words」 that appraise the appearance of a witch’s power.

Usual armament:

Free mana projections from Hecate’s staff.
    During non-battle time, she determines the direction of mutations with magical medicine, and goes through the process of pouring the necessary mana from the staff.
    By brandishing a golden cup filled with deadly poison that can alter space, she can also summon mythological monsters.

Related characters:

Medea
    At least the you in Chaldea don’t seem to be unhappy.
    You became a good woman.
    ……Weh?! Fist of Defeattt?! I didn’t teach you that!!

Medea Lily
    Demonic remodeling is…… Is there any meaning in remodeling a Demon God Pillar…?

Asterios
    Such an earnest child from that little sister…… Truly a mischief from the gods!
    Ah jeez, you can call me Aunt though! Stop doing it in public!

Atalante
    The princess of the forest. The goddess Hecate and the goddess Artemis have a close relationship, so don’t you feel some affinity?
    That lifestyle of not relying on men is relieving and the best.

Jason
    Looking at him makes me think deeply about the true strength of a hero.
    He’s a man looking like an exhibition of a hero’s flaws, though.

Odysseus
    ……………….

Penelope
    ……Gah……Kh……Gigghgh……Nyunyuu……. (lying on a room’s corner in a fetal position[3] and trembling)

Charlemagne/Roland/Astolfo/Bradamante
    No no no, please wait, I’m er, a completely different person from that Alci-whatever witch![4] To begin with, I hear her figure is superb, and don’t tell me about changing lover knights repeatedly. To mistake me with that woman… Eh, don’t say 「Is that so?」, don’t agree so easily! How extremely rude, these stupid paladins are!

Comment from Illustrator:
    When designing Circe, for the clothes I thought about showing the silhouette instead of making it simple to match the corresponding times. As if the element of 「hawk」 was necessary as well, I continued with the design with a feeling of breaking through one point with big feathers in the whole surface. The point of the pose on her first stage coupled with her whole body being covered was that you couldn’t even know if she had arms. (Hidari)

[1]: Her profile in FGO called her a demigod (半神) but here they call her a goddess (女神) for no reason.
    [2]: It’s interesting to note that she uses 閨 for “bedroom”, which usually is used for a married couple’s room. Also, why lewd the loli when the loli already lewds herself on her own?
    [3]: ミジンコ寝かして, literally “lying down like a water flea”. From what I’ve found it’s a trending hashtag in Japan for pictures of pets sleeping like in a fetal position.
    Here’s an example: https://sociorocketnewsen.files.word...9/04/df-31.png
    [4]: Reference to Alcina, heavily based on Circe. Also, teaser for Charles & co. in the Greek LB?

Very cute, must protect
    Last edited by King of Padoru; September 27th, 2019 at 11:36 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I'm guessing her bedroom offer was rejected if she gets that mad about it, lol, what an amusing person

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very cute, must protect
    she won't like it if you do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Lol they had to really hammer down the point that she's really just a fanservice character.
    She will never appear in the story. She’s just a special participant joining the battle exclusively as fanservice.
    Behold, Tsukihime characters, this will be your fate too even if you ever make it into the game. Which you won't.

Also, teaser for Charles & co. in the Greek LB?
    Keep in mind this type of allusions often take their sweet ass time to pay off. Martha has reaction lines for her sister Mary, Quetz has them for Cortez, and Iri has them for Kireiputin, and they've had them for years, and yet none of those characters have shown up in the gacha yet.
    Last edited by OverMaster; September 23rd, 2019 at 02:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Time for another quick update:

Clyton - Danzou, Nezha, and Abigail.
    castor212 - Caster Cu, Berserker Vlad III, Ko-Gil, Inshun, Mecha Eli Mks 1 and 2, and Semiramis.
    GundamFSN - Karna, Brynhildr, Sherlock, and Munenori.
    Mizukume - Osakabehime.
    King of Padoru - Ereshkigal
    Commu - Queen of Sheba
    Unclaimed - Altera the San(ta)

Or if you want to go by volume count:
    Vol 1: 1
    Vol 2: 1
    Vol 3: 3
    Vol 5: 1
    Vol 6: 12

祖 Ancestor
    When I saw birb I thought of Beni Enma first but then remembered she's not in the current material set.

Would have liked some more info on her wings.

Birb
    Circe

Scenario writer: Hoshizora Meteo | Character designer: Hidari | CV: Akaneya Himika

Class skills

The medical arts directly transmitted by the goddess who rules over life and death, Hecate, bring surprising mutations to the user.

Personal skills

The words possessing power of the Age of Gods can’t be pronounced by modern people.

For the setting off of the one who fears the witch’s wisdom and knows the goddess’ love, she grants useful advice to overcome hardships.

Noble Phantasm
    Metabo Piglets
    Forbidden revelry

Metabo Piglets.
    The boorish fellow invited to the luxurious banquet space is trampled by the beloved pigs of the witch Circe, “piglets”.
    Pleasant and noisy, a fearsome banquet of magecraft that stuffs you up until bursting. Those who have learned the taste of ecstasy, will desire to degenerate into a beloved pig of their own will.

Character

First person pronoun:
    私 (watashi)

Personality

Likes: Flawed human males that rely on her. Treating to the oat porridge “kykeon”.

While she’s intelligent, her speech and conduct are, like a witch, ignored in some respects.
    Without showing timidity to anyone, she receives with an attitude without decorations, but on the other hand if anything she’s introverted and has a strong desire for monopoly. Weak when pushed, easy to lapse.

She is harmless for a short time, but as the association deepens, she’ll shorten the distance and her affection will get heavier. As many partners that neglected being loved, there wasn’t a single person who personally wanted to say goodbye. Excluding the hero Odysseus.
    The reason why her proudly beautiful hair, praised even by Homeros, was drastically cut short starting from certain time, was due to her experiencing a hard heartbreak that overwhelmed her.

She doesn’t speak ill of men, but protects them to the maximum and reacts favorably to them. Still, in the scenes where it must be said, she’ll daringly employ magecraft.
    With women she’s basically dry and indifferent. She often doesn’t even remember their names. Still, since she gives a sharp opinion without including her personal feelings if she’s consulted, there are also those who say she’s easy to get along with. To only a small part of the women she gets along with, there has been such a thing as her occasionally showing her feelings and whining.

She understands well that she’s a Servant. Her faithfulness isn’t influenced by the gender of the Master.
    By relying on her deeds and knowledge in magecraft, she feels comfort and joy, and serves gallantly.

Dialogue examples

「No matter what you do, I’ll endure. As long as I want us to be together. So… Don’t go…」

「If we’re talking about any specialty besides magecraft, I guess that would be singing and weaving. And of course, the skill of cooking. Yes, not as much as Hestia, but seeing it like this I’m quite domestic, am I not? And above all, inside the bedroom[2] I’m a quite efficient… What’s wrong?! I’ll turn you into a pig! I’LL TURN YOU INTO A PIG!」

「The Holy Grail, huh…? If I said that unfulfilled wishes are what shape the existence of me, the witch Circe… Would you laugh?」

Speaking of witches that were considered the subject of poems and pictures identified her so much that Circe became a byword for witches.
    Originally a goddess[1] that governs the moon and love with a genealogical connection to the goddess Hecate.
    She warmly received the human men that visited her island with a treat, but when they had enough, she’d turn them into animals like lions, wolves, or pigs.
    Her elder brother was Aeëtes (Medea’s father/king of Colchis). Her elder sister was Pasiphaë (Asterios’ mother/wife of Crete’s king, Minos).

When she offered love counsel to the sea god Glaucos, she was rejected for an illicit love by Glaucos, her envy increased, and she turned the other maiden, Scylla, into a monster. This Scylla would later eat six of Odysseus’ subordinates.

The hero Odysseus stopped by the Eëa island during his return to his hometown, was offered Circe’s poisoned oat porridge, and since he broke that magic with Hermes’ protection, he ended up being expressly liked by her. When Odysseus left, she gave him helpful advice to avoid hardship in the journey.

Depiction in FGO:

Investigating the medical arts instructed by the goddess Hecate, she dispenses magical medicines with various effects.
    She assisted in the learning of magecraft of her niece Medea when she was young (in other words, Medea Lily).
    In addition to the episode of the chance meeting with Odysseus, the Argonauts led by the hero Jason headed to the Eëa island, and she helped in the purification of the cursed Argo ship.
    Her alias of “The Witch of Hawks” derives from her father, the Sun god Helios, and the 「winged words」 that appraise the appearance of a witch’s power.

Usual armament:

During non-battle time, she determines the direction of mutations with magical medicine, and goes through the process of pouring the necessary mana from the staff.
    By brandishing a golden cup filled with deadly poison that can alter space, she can also summon mythological monsters.

Related characters:

Medea
    You became a good woman.

Medea Lily

Asterios

Atalante
    The princess of the forest. The goddess Hecate and the goddess Artemis have a close relationship, so don’t you feel some affinity?

Jason

Odysseus
    ……………….

Penelope
    ……Gah……Kh……Gigghgh……Nyunyuu……. (lying on a room’s corner in a fetal position[3] and trembling)

No no no, please wait, I’m er, a completely different person from that Alci-whatever witch![4] To begin with, I hear her style is superb, and don’t tell me about changing lover knights repeatedly. To mistake me with that woman… Eh, don’t say 「Is that so?」, don’t agree so easily! How extremely rude, these stupid paladins are!

When designing Circe, for the clothes I thought about showing the silhouette instead of making it simple to match the corresponding times. As if the element of 「hawk」 was necessary as well, I continued with the design with a feeling of breaking through one point with big feathers in the whole surface. The point of the pose on her first stage coupled with her whole body being covered was that you couldn’t even know if she had arms. (Hidari)

[1]: Her profile in FGO called her a demigod (半神) but here they call her a goddess (女神) for no reason.
    [2]: It’s interesting to note that she uses 閨 for “bedroom”, which usually is used for a married couple’s room. Also, why lewd the loli when the loli already lewds herself on her own?
    [3]: ミジンコ寝かして, literally “lying down like a water flea”. From what I’ve found it’s a trending hashtag in Japan for pictures of pets sleeping like in a fetal position.
    [4]: Reference to Alcina, heavily based on Circe. Also, teaser for Charles & co. in the Greek LB?

Very cute, must protect
    Thank you for the translation.
    Oh wow.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    OMG the line for Penelope. Kinda Ironic that Circe is showing more a reaction to Odysseus wife then Odysseus himself. That said though from the reaction, did Penelope punch her?

Though then again that makes sense, since as a Servant she would know quite exactly what Circe did and how long she kept her husband. So I guess that's legit.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    I think she's just in fetal position over how superior Penelope is to her or something.

US Friend Code
    Maybe, but that wouldnt explain what she's saying. Which kinda sounds like groans of pain.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

She could also be sobbing or something
    Like, her boyfriend left her for another woman and she isn't quite over that fact, and now she sees her

But granted, we don't know what type of personality the writers have planned for Penelope and how she's coping with everything her husband did while away for 20 years

US Friend Code
    I know embarassingly little about Greek stories, so while reading her profile I was surprised to see the similarities to Alcina even before the profile pointed it out. I doubt Charlemagne will be in Greece but I hope he comes soon.

If an Extella exclusive Servant is coming to the Greek Lostbelt I'd bet on Archimedes before Charlemagne. It even makes sense since it appears the Lostbelt will deal with technological themes, and well, Archie is Greek.

What could ever Penelope do as a Servant anyway? Her legend is pretty much just 'stall for time before these guys jump on her bones'.

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    What could ever Penelope do as a Servant anyway? Her legend is pretty much just 'stall for time before these guys jump on her bones'.
    Maybe she'll be like Sita. Her NP is the bow Pinaka that Rama had to string for her swayamvara. And one of Penelope's test to the suitors was to string Odysseus' bow
    Dunno how it'll work, but Sita is an Archer because of that NP, so I don't see why Penelope would be different
    The only other possible NP I can think for her is the weaving but dunno how that'll work either

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    I heard an idea about it being a time loop of sorts till you find her work and stop her.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Maybe she's not a Servant at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Birb
    Circe

Class skills

Personal skills

Noble Phantasm
    Metabo Piglets
    Forbidden revelry

Metabo Piglets.

Character

First person pronoun:
    私 (watashi)

Personality

Dialogue examples

Depiction in FGO:

Usual armament:

Related characters:

Medea
    You became a good woman.

Medea Lily

Asterios

Atalante

Jason

Odysseus
    ……………….

Penelope

No no no, please wait, I’m er, a completely different person from that Alci-whatever witch![4] To begin with, I hear her style is superb, and don’t tell me about changing lover knights repeatedly. To mistake me with that woman… Eh, don’t say 「Is that so?」, don’t agree so easily! How extremely rude, these stupid paladins are!

Very cute, must protect
    Ah, dammit, she really is too cute! Must...roll... the coming gauntlet is indeed harsh....

Taking guesses on what Penelope looks like to reduce her to tears like that. Amazing chest ahead? A legal loli?

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, not everyone with a name needs to be a Servant, yeesh.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    And yeah, not everyone with a name needs to be a Servant, yeesh.
    At some point they're going to run out of actual fighters for the money train to milk.

Besides, there's no real point on putting reaction lines for some characters if you're never going to put the receiving characters in the gacha.