Page 189 of 546 FirstFirst ... 89139179184187188189190191194199239289 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    I think what he is really saying is he wants it to be written like a pre-FGO skill.
    I can understand that.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    gameplay
    is
    highest
    lore
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Like at least Anri's skills doesnt just write CRIT CHANCE DOWN and nothing else, you get me
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    But its not about the reasoning or the cause itself. Its about not writing down the cause.
    Dunno', just felt like since we pretty much had a whole arc where Bedi got characterized & explored, we should be able to "get it" or get an understanding properly enough even if it was simply implied & didn't spell out every detail about it.

Its not like one of those super deep or obscure Japanese or Buddhist origins that really needs proper details & explanations cuz' "deep lorez".

Blog Entries
    really needs proper details & explanations cuz' "deep lorez".
    again, thats not the point here

just because a skill is simple does not mean it doesnt deserve proper writing of lts lore effect.

Mashu had several worth of chapter about her mindset and characterization, and still her skills lore effects are written properly. Unlike Bedi.

In the ingame texts, your reasoning would makes sense. But this is material book. I expect things to be more complete in material book because its a material book.

Black Glass Zombie Ramesses Obsidian Pharaoh's Avatar
    This Mats is pretty weird. I don't know if it's fuckups or outright changes, but a lot of Servants' stats are different from what we previously got. The ones I could find so far are Ozy's Protection of the Sun God being A instead of A+; Raikou's Strength being C (like her Summer version) instead of A; Lancer Artoria's Protection of the World's End being A (like her Alter version) instead of EX; Enkidu's Presence Detection being A instead of A+; Caster Gilgamesh not having Return of the King, but Golden Rule instead, with its description apparently mentioning RotK's game effect (probably a fuckup); and the aforementioned differences in Quetz's height and weight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Basically, Castor wants to know how exactly does Vow of Protection work. Is Bedivere standing beside the person he wants to protect and just blocking and parrying all attacks targeting them, like Saber does for Shirou in "Hollow Ataraxia"? Is it a magical oath which immediately covers the protected person in a defensive energy of some sort, similar to Medea's spell on Kuzuki? And so on and so forth.

For what it's worth, I agree with him.

JP Friend Code
    ^More like, he wants all if not most info to be complete or properly written at least.

Fair enough, we're parallel lines concerning this, its a matter of opinions & expectations in the end.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Pharaoh View Post
    This Mats is pretty weird. I don't know if it's fuckups or outright changes, but a lot of Servants' stats are different from what we previously got. The ones I could find so far are Ozy's Protection of the Sun God being A instead of A+; Raikou's Strength being C (like her Summer version) instead of A; Lancer Artoria's Protection of the World's End being A (like her Alter version) instead of EX; Enkidu's Presence Detection being A instead of A+; Caster Gilgamesh not having Return of the King, but Golden Rule instead, with its description apparently mentioning RotK's game effect (probably a fuckup); and the aforementioned differences in Quetz's height and weight.
    Yeah looks like there's alot of typos in this one, wonder if we will get reprint.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Basically, Castor wants to know how exactly does Vow of Protection work. Is Bedivere standing beside the person he wants to protect and just blocking and parrying all attacks targeting them, like Saber does for Shirou in "Hollow Ataraxia"? Is it a magical oath which immediately covers the protected person in a defensive energy of some sort, similar to Medea's spell on Kuzuki? And so on and so forth.

For what it's worth, I agree with him.
    It works like:

He has a skill that protects people, and it does.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In my mind it's Charisma but with defence instead of attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Black Glass Zombie Ramesses Obsidian Pharaoh's Avatar
    Does Artoria's Protection of the World's End have the same description as her Alter version's?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Pharaoh View Post
    Does Artoria's Protection of the World's End have the same description as her Alter version's?
    Nope. Just fluff that she has the blessings. Maybe it's same effect as Alter so they didn't bother to copy paste.

Wait somehow Xiucoatl is EX ? Maybe it's a typo as well. Otherwise wouldn't she be the first to have two EX ranked NP ?

Blog Entries
    yo wa kagayaku

Ozymandias material profile complete translation BMCMIIW
    Ozymandias
    Class: Rider
    True Name: Ozymandias
    Source: Historical fact
    Region: Egypt
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Height: 179 cm
    Weight: 65 kg

STR: C
    CON:C
    AGI: B
    MGI: A
    LCK: A+
    NP: EX

Setting creation: Sakurai Hikaru
    Character design: Nakahara
    CV: Koyasu Takehito

Main works appearance: Fate/Prototype Fragment of Sky Silver
    —---
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: B
    Invalidate magic with chant 3 verses or less.
    Receives mostly no damage even against Great Thaumaturgy or Ritual Spells.

Riding: A+
    The ability for riding. Capable of managing even beast with the rank of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast. However, this doesn't apply to dragon kins.

Divinity: B
    Possession of divine spirit aptitude.
    Pharaohs are existences that extends to all kinds of gods, changing depending on the era. However, he is Ramesses. Namely, the child and incarnation of the sun god Ra.

—---
    Personal Skill
    Charisma: B
    He ruled over Egypt, oversaw a large body of military, and brought about a grand prosperity to Ancient Egypt by conquering various areas such as Palestine and Nubia.

Imperial Privilege: A
    Capable of the acquisition for a short time of skills that he originally doesn't possess.
    Due to it being A rank and higher, even burden of the body (such as Divinity) is acquired.

Protection of the Sun God : A
    Ozymandias is one who receives the divine protection of the sun god Ra.
    —---
    Ramesseum Tentyris
    Great Temple Complex of Radiance

Type: Anti-Fortress/Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum target: 800 persons/1 person

Ramesseum Tentyris.
    His greatest trump card, similar to a Reality Marble.

The great temple complex that embodied as a Noble Phantasm the might and authority of Pharaoh Ozymandias.
    By mixing the composite body of several temples, such as the Great Temple of Dendera and the Great Temple of Karnak, and combining mausoleum and temples such as the Ramesseum and the Great Temple of Abu Simbel, it is transformed into a heteromorphic, enormous temple complex that does not exist in reality.

For each and every temples, it is possible to arbitrarily grant curses and divine protections associated with the dwelling deities, targeting those who enters his personal domain. It is an anti-fortress Noble Phantasm that utilized magic energy bombardment by means of the "Dendera Light Bulb" as its main method of offense, but in FateGO itcan perform an anti-unit offense by means of a large mass attack as a last resort. A terrifying method of attack that has the enormous Great Temple Complex appears on the sky and crushes down the enemy line by means of large mass. In addition, it has its base strengthened by means of the magic energy brought about by the Dendera light bulb.

Why is it that the likes of Great Temple of Dendera that was not built by him exists within the Great Temple Complex? The reason originates from Ozymandias' bygone days. As he built a great numbers of enormous temples, he simultaneously stated that "all temples, be they exist in past, present, or future, exists for my sake." He even performed glorifications and revisement to a large numbers of temples built before his days and made them his own. Even in the current present of 21st century, the one who have his name engraved unto most of the various Egypt monuments is none other than he, Pharaoh Ozymandias (Ramesseum II).

(There is one theory stating that various princes who idolized him had his name be left in history far and wide.)

(TLnote: Ramesseum is the name of the mortuary temple of Ramesses II aka Ozy. Tentyris is the latin name for the city of Dendera, where the Great Temple of Dendera resides. My guess is Ozy's NP name coins this 2 term together simply because it alludes to Ozy making Dendera temple and consequently Dendera light bulb his own.)
    —---
    Abu Hol Sphinx
    Lion-Bodied Beasts of Hot Sand

Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 2~50
    Maximum target: 300 person

Abu Hol Sphinx.
    The incarnation of the sky god Horus and the manifestation of raging fire and wind that strikes fear upon the people, a beast with the body of a lion and the face of man that was told of in Ancient Egypt legend.
    Even in Modern Egypt, its existence was left behind within their language as the Father of Fear (Abu Hol).
    During the sixth chapter of part one they made quite a frequent appearance-----but they fundamentally are not utilized in FateGO.
    In addition, within the aforementioned Great Temple Complex of Radiance sleeps the leader specimen that ruled over these sphinxes, the sphinx of Wehem Mesut. (In FateGO its figure can be seen during EX attack.)

(TLnote: Abu Hol is apparently another name to call a sphinx, and apparently literally translated as Father of Fear/Terror. Wehem Mesut usually refers to a period in ancient Egypt, but apparently can be translated as Repetition of Birth. Alluding to the sphinx children during Valentine?)
    —---
    Mesektet
    Solar Ship of the Dark Night

Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1~99
    Maximum target: 500 person

Mesektet.
    Ozymandias, who regards himself as Ra, utilizes this ship the sun god Ra impels as his own possession. It radiates on the surface powerful light of magic energy that embodies the might of the sun god, referred as "the serpent that slays serpent (Uraeus)". It scorches not only the enemies, but even the surface as a whole.
    (In FateGO its true name release is not performed.)

(TLnote: Mesektet is the ship that Ra uses in his journey through Duat, ancient Egyptian version of Underworld each night. Mesektet is the evening boat and Mandjet is the morning boat.)
    —---
    Personage
    First pronoun: yo
    Second pronoun: kisama/omae/omae(hiragana)
    Third pronoun: yatsu/aitsu/(spearman, swordsman, bowman, holy sword wielder, etc. He does not say any specific name in particular.)

- Character
    A pharaoh filled to the brim with unswaying confidence. The Sun King.
    It is not arrogance, nor is it haughtiness. He simply conducts himself as a god and a pharaoh that he is as a straightforward fact.
    That mentality completely savored the splendour of the world, reigned over Ancient Egypt at the time.
    He is the son of the sun god, while at the same time his incarnation, stipulating himself as the one absolute above the earth.
    Just like a bird flying above the great skies, just like a fish swimming within the great seas, just like a flower blooming in full glories in the plains, he is naturally a God King (Pharaoh).

- Motives and attitude towards Master
    His attitude towards his master depends on his mood.
    Even as he understands his present state as a Servant who cannot continues on materializing without magic energy supply, he will not dangle his head down to the magus to begin with.
    He expects not to be treated as a servant. He will take action when and only when his and the Master's goal coincide.

Facing a man endowed with such a sovereign characteristic, one soften up their manner. A king is never an equal to a pharaoh, yet it is quite well for a pharaoh to watches over and guide the kings who are not pharaoh. Such is what he does as he advances on his own. Possibly, should somebody who (maybe) possesses the similar presence as his former friend exist, he would take interest to them and peer into their face.

However, as a main principle.
    His "beloved" is ever only Queen Nefertari, and his "friend" is ever only Moses. That alone, no matter how long time passes, shall never change.

- Speech
    "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair! "
    "A pharaoh is absolute. Revere. I shall allow it. It is only befitting for men to bow down before the sun. You may worship me."
    "Nothing is impossible above the earth for a pharaoh! All things within creation is in the palm of my hand!"
    "Haha! Indeed, gaze upon the sky! Crawl across the earth! Prostrate yourself! For gazing upon my radiance means vanishing from this age and nothing else!"
    —---
    Depiction in real history
    A figure from 13th~14th century BCE.
    A pharaoh of Ancient Egypt who had ruled a vast empire.
    He had fought the Hittites, and before long had concluded peace. With that, he brought about a thriving prosperity to Ancient Egypt by means of cultural exchange and interaction. An exemplary statesman.

He is in particular a valorous general, and a man who had married world's most beautiful women and fathered over a hundred children. Even in the current era he is famous for leaving behind a large numbers of various colossal constructions.

He loved his nation just like Osiris would his, and he was greatly loved in return.
    Ozymandias is also known as Ramesseum II and Meryamen.
    The very golden age of Ancient Egypt is during his longstanding reign of 7X years.

There are numerous cases of the name Moses, his brother-in-law whom he had grown up together with, being brought up.
    According to an existing anecdote, the Egyptian sovereign who prevented the "Exodus" of the Jews with his rule, then utilized a great army to pursue them, is considered to be none other than Ozymandias.
    —---
    Depiction in FGO
    Normally, a pharaoh considers "death" as a transient sleep. As they dream of rebirth at the farthest end of time, naturally it becomes the undertaking of a journey towards to gods. However, Ozymandias could not stand it. It is exactly because if he is truly the one who hold the world in the palm of his hand, that he lamented, even resented his powerlessness. The powerlessness of his body, unable to do anything but accept the transient sleep as the successive generations of pharaohs had done.
    "No man in this world grieves as I grieve upon the brink of death."
    His perfect self.
    His absolute self.
    He curses the truth where one must go to the eternal sleep.
    Even if he is promised a rebirth and revival upon the "land of eternity".

Eventually, he who had engraved himself unto human history manifested as a Servant.
    At the time of his first manifestation, he who knew that his remains was being kept at a museum in Cairo has no choice but to stand up in a certain kind of spiritual awakening.
    As he had been moved away from the mausoleum, under the mythological outlook of Ancient Egypt no longer would he, as one of the successive lines of pharaohs, be revived in his original body.
    And it that do be the case, then he would do as he wish to the utmost.
    Anything is fine; be it desiring immortality on top of preserving his perfect body just like in the past, or simply eliminating the insolent Master then vanished away, or perhaps ruling the world and bringing about prosperity upon the people at peace.

And then, now. During his latest manifestation...
    Indeed, if the Human Order is upon a crisis, then now is truly the time to save the world. Such is the thought he naturally arrived at.
    Once, he did not manage to establish it. But, if it is Chaldea with numerous figure befitting to that of heroes, then perhaps-----

(this whole section felt kinda iffy and hard ish to translate for me so somebody probably should double check it)
    —----
    Etc.
    During his live his greatest height was expected for to reach 180cm in height or more. However, he himself proclaims that the greatest height, the summit of his live, is when his beloved Nefertari gave birth to their second prince.
    -----
    Connection with other characters.

Moses
    His brother in law, who he grew up together with, raised by the same mother.
    A youth filled with shining talent and trait of a sovereign. There was even a chance of him becoming the pharaoh.
    Ozymandias approved of Moses as "befitting to be my brother in law, a saint who are far from ordinary". And yet, simultaneously ***********************.

Karna
    Fellow child of the sun.
    Indeed. Our combat compatibility is bad.

Tamamo no Mae
    Fellow incarnation of the sun.
    Indeed. As expected I am the older brother here.

Quetzalcoatl
    Hoh. A sun god of a foreign land, is she? Hohoh.

Old Man of the Mountain.
    Fu.....

Arash/Arthur Pendragon (Prototype)
    I do hold interest for Heroic Spirits who are pure and honest in nature. All the more so if they be heroes who had saved the world.

Cleopatra/Iskander
    THe pharaohs. They cannot be compared to I, the King of Kings. Yet they are pharaohs nonetheless. I suppose it would not be so bad to join Nitocris and the other for a trip around the world.

Nitocris
    An ancient pharaoh. She went through some troubles upon fighting the Lion King. Supposedly she is one you would call motherly, but I have decided to treat her as my retainer. For that is no less than her own wish.

Gilgamesh
    Unexpectedly get along.

Nefertari
    An existence I loved and hold supreme more than even myself.
    I once had a numerous amount of wives, but now-----if Nefertari is by my side, I'd keep on thinking that maybe I have no need for the likes of concubine.
    —---
    Comment from Illustrator
    This here is a sovereign whose first appearance is not on FGO, and had become quite a long time company. But sometimes you can still feel a new breath in his action and his sudden, spontaneous remarks. To tell you the truth, I wonder if I did him a bit plain (実はあれが素だったりするんでしょうかね). Also, feels fatherly. Whats that, so unfair. Also, he has a lower glandular hair, but the one you must recognize first is the deepness and balance of his eyeliner. I will devote myself to draw you better, o king. Guess what is the flower on his last ascension illustration is about. (Nakahara)

i like how they design Ramesseum's system
    like before it was really OP but now its OP with proper system and foundation backing it
    it also technically simultaneously limited it and enhance it, which is a good move imo
    my headcanon is now that each temple of his borrow/display in a limited fashion the corresponding god's authority

ra's protection on the other hand tho
    Last edited by castor212; May 7th, 2018 at 04:02 PM.

Divine Protection of the Sun God : A
    Ozymandias is one who receives the divine protection of the sun god Ra.
    I want to bash whoever did this crap

US Friend Code
    Thanks Castor. Well I can get where Ozy's coming from, seeing that you corpse is now on public display and that you are no longer on the path of afterlife can really shake you up.

Also I'm a bit sad that there's so little stuff on the Hittites but oh well. I wonder what Nefertari be like as a Servant.

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Same

US Friend Code
    Guessing Sakurai most likely.

anywhere than here

Wow, that's really lazy. Did they just not care?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs