Page 406 of 546 FirstFirst ... 306356396401404405406407408411416456506 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,120 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i mean

isnt that how it works in irl examples as well
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does Queen of Sheba have anything new?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    EDIT: They might be "divine if Nasu says they are" but seen from an out of universe perspective Lovecraftian horrors were never "conventional" deities (though some posed as one, most notably Nyarlathotep).
    Earth deities themselves aren't homogeneous among themselves anyway, no reason to exclude alien ones.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    They all have temples and worshippers and grow more powerful the more people know about them. The Great Old Ones don't.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    They all have temples and worshippers and grow more powerful the more people know about them. The Great Old Ones don't.
    Cthulhu had a fuckton of cults in the book, though, Nyarlathotep was a Pharaoh (Summer BB even makes a coy reference to it in her My Room lines), and I'm pretty sure you could count the Whateleys as "worshippers"? Also, of course, the only one of those who is a Great Old one is Cthulhu. The rest are traditionally Outer Gods.

And besides, who's to say that they don't get more powerful the more people know about them? It's not like that's part of many other myths, either - I'm pretty sure the Aesir didn't give a rat's ass about that, for instance. It wouldn't be the first time that Type-Moon changed up the myths to suit their purpose. (*coughSabercough*)

It doesn't really matter in any case, though, because I don't know if they ever explicitly refer to them with the Lovecraftian names? Nasu's seems to want to have his cake and eat it too with this - the Whateleys are explicitly fictional but someone very similar to Carter is real, for instance. Maybe it's all leading up to the final battle with the Alien God in Part 2's finale, I dunno.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also, though this is just quibbling, Foreigners are empowered by Outer Gods, which are different from the Great Old Ones. Of course, Cthulhu is a Great Old One and not an Outer God in the works of Lovecraft, which muddles the issue somewhat.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    because I don't know if they ever explicitly refer to them with the Lovecraftian names?
    No, not explicitly. The Outer God Raum tried to summon is Sut-Typhon. The description of it clearly points to Yog, but it was never referred to as Yog. Similarly the one acting through Hokusai is simple called an Outer God, and we only assume it is Cthulhu due to the octopus references and the chant she made. Summer BB is the closest thing you can call as a direct reference cuz BBhotep. But ofc the name Nyarlathotep was never spelt out in full.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    No, not explicitly. The Outer God Raum tried to summon is Sut-Typhon. The description of it clearly points to Yog, but it was never referred to as Yog. Similarly the one acting through Hokusai is simple called an Outer God, and we only assume it is Cthulhu due to the octopus references and the chant she made. Summer BB is the closest thing you can call as a direct reference cuz BBhotep. But ofc the name Nyarlathotep was never spelt out in full.
    Looking into it more you also have Summer BB calling Abigail "Yog". Not Yog-Sothoth, just "Yog". BB's BB, though, so it's difficult to tell exactly how serious it is and how much of it is some kind of joke or reference.

Even without the names it's still pretty clear who they are, of course. Abigail's got the Silver Key (and the Whateleys were involved, of course), Ooi's got her Iä! Iä! Fthagn!, BBhotep's diety is referred to as a "trickster" and she wonders whether or not she can join the Pharaohs when she's like this...

At the same time, they're all very tentacley. I guess that's just the Lovecraft aesthetic these days, "it's got tentacles, therefore it's lovecraftian", but it's still somewhat depressing to see Yog and Nyaruko-chan reduced to that level. Yog's a bunch of floating orbs and Nyarly's a shapeshifter, surely they could have done something with that.

JP Friend Code
    Sorry Yog but all your balls belong to GodArjuna.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Pretty sure Abby got balls of herói own in one or another CE

And Nyarlathotep's most popular form seems to be the tentacle head (shame, Black Pharaoh would be much cooler)

Hokusai is ironically the least tentacley of the three

JP Friend Code
    He turned into an octopus tho. Compare to the others who got to keep their original body, that's pretty savage.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I wonder if we'll get a male foreigner before the year ends. It and Alter ego lack male servants, though I guess in its case it might be artists not knowing how to combine tentacles with guys or something. Though there's that "Holmes is a foreigner theory" I remember seeing once though I can't remember much about it

We know of a couple of unrelease male alter egos thought, we have Douman and still don't know if Kirei-Rasputin will be release as an alter ego or a different class, but for know story-wise he's one
    The Holmes Foreigner theory was people on reddit going how his clothes look like those of the Foreigner class card artwork and then making conspiracy theories about it

JP Friend Code
    Holmes is very gaijin, yes. He's British afterall.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IIRC Fate/Requiem has Foreigner Euclid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    IIRC Fate/Requiem has Foreigner Euclid
    Oh yeah, I vaguely remember him being mentioned

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    We know of a couple of unrelease male alter egos thought, we have Douman and still don't know if Kirei-Rasputin will be release as an alter ego or a different class, but for know story-wise he's one
    The Holmes Foreigner theory was people on reddit going how his clothes look like those of the Foreigner class card artwork and then making conspiracy theories about it
    I know about Douman but not Kirie. Though who knows when they'll be added considering their enemies atm

- - - Updated - - -

And I guess the conspiracy theory is understandable considering Astrea

Technically Hokusai is a male Foreigner, it's just that he comes in a package deal with his daughter (kind of like Mary/Anne and Ryouma/Oryou, although he's most similar to Orion/Artemis).

He shouldn't really count, though, because he's basically just a mascot character and the entirety of the focus is on Oui.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCell View Post
    Any interesting tidbits about Chiyome and/or Tomoe?
    Late reply but since Tomoe was already covered a bit, I'll talk about Chiyome... which isn't a lot lol.

She got Ninjutsu A and Subversive Activities C+, the standard descriptions you'll find anywhere really so nothing new. Witchcraft was pretty hard to read based on the pictures but I can read at least that she can't exhibit a lot of spells since she's Assassin (obviously). Character image section is mostly the same as the bits in her profile. Got lines for Tomoe, Danzou and Shuten.

Danzou also have Subversive Activites, at C rank. Her decapitation NP is left intentionally vague on how it actually works. Just says if she cuts the flowers she has in her hands for example, a target will also be decapitated (has a range of 0~20 so it can work at a somewhat good distance). Rest of description mentions the anecdote she used this technique and how she doesn't like using it (latter part already mentioned in the profile). IMO, probably just some illusionary mechanic that would never be explained cause lol, you can't just reveal secrets like that.

Sheba got lines for David, Abigail, Gilgamesh (beautiful secretary to him lol) and Solomon.

Abigail's NP description mostly the same as profile (sad).

To be frank, if you notice how the profiles are written nowadays, DW likes to cram a lot of stuff for each profile section. You can probably just refer to the profile for Chiyome, Danzou, etc. and that's pretty much their mats profile barring personality, attitude towards Master, etc. (which are also pretty short). Aside from those sections, comment from illustrator and their lines for other characters are always new and something to look forward to, especially if it mentions something out of no where (including possible Servants that may come in the future). And just browsing through, only a few have their background info/character image at a decent length (obviously not Musashi long, and probably not even the "standard" long ones like Caesar and Boudica; they are kinda medium-lengthish.) Eresh is quite long in her personality section at least to detail how Rin influened her OG personality.
    Last edited by Clyton; August 26th, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

The Eresh bit is interesting considering compared to her sister her current state is barely like Rin, could you expantiate?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Danzou ripped off Hassan, huh
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3