Page 436 of 546 FirstFirst ... 336386426431434435436437438441446486536 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,720 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Was Taiga ever a teacher of Rin?
    Taiga taught English at Homurahara, therefore she was by definition Rin's teacher. (And since I doubt a relatively small school would have more than one English teacher, she most likely did teach Rin directly as well).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...file_from_fgo/

And another one bites the dust:

Clyton - Danzou and Achilles.
    castor212 - Ko-Gil, Inshun, Mecha Eli Mks 1 and 2, Semiramis, Salieri, and Izou.
    GundamFSN - Karna, Sherlock, Munenori, and Napoleon.
    Mizukume - Osakabehime.
    Commu - Anastasia.
    Konchew - Atalante Alter and Swimsuit BB.
    King of Padoru - Avicebron, Chiron, Swimsuit Ushi, and Sitonai.
    Smoof - Valkyrie.
    Unclaimed - Sieg, Swimsuit Jeanne, Swimsuit Ibaraki, Swimsuit Jeanne Alter, and MHXX.

Or if you want to go by volume count:
    Vol 3: 2
    Vol 5: 1
    Vol 6: 7
    Vol 7: 17

If there are any changes in who's doing what profile or if you want names added onto your current lists, just let me know and I'll change them for you.
    TM Alignments Are Bullshit, episode whoevencaresanymore: The difference between a saint and a villain lies on the Lawful/Chaotic axis.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Speaking of something related to Ivan, who else from the LB Servants are called from the LBs like him? Since i remember some interludes having different ideas on that.
    I mean, all the kings so far, for a start
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure all the kings are unchanged from the Lostbelts, while the rest is Proper History in Lostbelt body.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Is there someone where I can read about that? A definition in one of the Fate Material books? I'm looking at TMDict right now, but I can't find anything on that. Because there it says that they're only used by Heroic Spirits and Servants.
    More generally speaking, I'm not sure that's ever been entirely true. Even ignoring later additions like Case Files' Rhongomyniad or F/HA's Fragarach, Avalon sure seemed to be usable by humans (albeit in a limited non-fairyland capacity). Some items are just inherently classified as NPs, I guess?

However, it is also important to note that FGO plays fast and loose with NPs. Sometimes it turns them into skills (Achilles) or turns skills into NPs (Kojirou), and sometimes things that probably don't count as either get the NP treatment (Kirschtaria's bit thing).

And yet again, no refference to the protection that he gets from the lightning blessing.

It is apparently stromg enough enough to handle Musashi's broken ass NP, but hey, it is not like we need any info on that, right?

Musashi's NP is just a slash. A slash with all sorts of conceptuals and suchlkes behind it, but a slash nevertheless.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Musashi's NP is just a slash. A slash with all sorts of conceptuals and suchlkes behind it, but a slash nevertheless.
    I would consider no-selling a conceptual slash to be a big deal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    More generally speaking, I'm not sure that's ever been entirely true. Even ignoring later additions like Case Files' Rhongomyniad or F/HA's Fragarach, Avalon sure seemed to be usable by humans (albeit in a limited non-fairyland capacity). Some items are just inherently classified as NPs, I guess?

However, it is also important to note that FGO plays fast and loose with NPs. Sometimes it turns them into skills (Achilles) or turns skills into NPs (Kojirou), and sometimes things that probably don't count as either get the NP treatment (Kirschtaria's bit thing).
    i mean

didnt Shirou activate the the fairy land bit in the fate route to break the grail mud? Hell I have half an idea one of the triggers to let Merlin catch him and toss him to Avalon was that he already had a connection to it, though that part is pure head canon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    i mean

didnt Shirou activate the the fairy land bit in the fate route to break the grail mud? Hell I have half an idea one of the triggers to let Merlin catch him and toss him to Avalon was that he already had a connection to it, though that part is pure head canon
    Ι...think that only happened in the anime? Since at the same time Saber was using Avalon to no-sell Ea and give Gil some pointed tips on gentlemanly manners.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Shirou projected Avalon to heal and break out of his second mud dunking.

Seiba uses the reformed and returned real Avalon to repel Ea.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sensei
    Chiron
    Class:
    Archer
    True Name: Chiron
    Source: Greek mythology
    Origin: Greece
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Height: 179 cm
    Weight: 81 kg

Strength: B+
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A+
    Mana: B
    Luck: C
    NP: A

Scenario writer: Higashide Yūichirō | Character designer: Konoe Ototsugu | CV: Takeuchi Shunsuke
    Main appearances: Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Grand Order

Class skills

Magic Resistance: B
    Invalidates anything regarding invocation of magecraft with a chant of three verses or lower.
    Even with High-Thaumaturgy/Greater Rituals, wounding him is difficult.

Independent Action: A
    Can act even in absence of a Master.
    However, in the case of requiring vast amounts of mana such as for the usage of his Noble Phantasm, back-up from his Master is necessary.

Divinity: C
    A being born from the union between the god of the earth and a fairy, but in order to make his body decline into that of a human just before his death, it is reduced in a large scale.

Personal skills

Eye of the Mind (True): A
    Insight cultivated through discipline/training.
    A “battle logic” through which the own state and the enemy’s ability is grasped even in a predicament, and the remaining means to escape are deduced on the spot.

Consecration of Eternal Life: EX
    The anecdote of him being elevated as Sagittarius by offering his immortality turned into a skill.
    Due to Chiron being converted into stars as Sagittarius, he bears the duty of protecting people from the celestial scorpion.[1]

Wisdom of Divine Gift: A+
    Various types of knowledge as a sage given from the gods of Greek mythology.
    Excepting those distinctive of heroes, almost all skills can be exhibited with a proficiency of B~A rank.
    Also, it’s possible to grant skills to other Servants with consent from the Master.
    [2]

Noble Phantasm
    Antares Snipe
    Shooting at the celestial scorpion

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 5~99
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

Antares[3] Snipe.
    The embodiment of the episode in which Chiron, turned into Sagittarius, is always aiming at the celestial scorpion.
    The ultimate strike a bowman can reach, piercing the stars.
    A meteoric strike that can be launched at the point the True Name is released, and that is fired not from his bow, but from the stars.
    Even Achilles, renowned for being a fast runner, couldn’t dodge this Noble Phantasm.
    There is the demerit of only being usable once a night, but it won’t miss the target unless the timing is wrong.

Character
    First person pronoun:
    私 (watashi)
    Second person pronoun: 貴方 (anata) / 貴女 (anata)
    Third person pronoun: 彼 など (kare and similar)

Personality

A gentle intellectual.
    Level and calm, although he as human emotions, since he is an educator, he fundamentally doesn’t deem acceptable letting the negative emotions come to the surface.

It is said that he makes the presence of a quiet forest waft, but that’s an indication of his gentle attitude.

The Centaurs he belongs to are generally treated as a violent and irrational barbarian tribe, but Chiron is an exception and he was treated in Greece as a wise man.

If it had to be explained in a few words, 『a teacher by nature』.
    That is no exception even after having become a Servant.

Treatment with the Master

He fundamentally behaves reverently like a butler, but if the Master is immature (and if they request his teachings), he’ll gladly instruct them.

However, Chiron, who is aware that he is a guest, always gives guidance to his Master while considering what will happen after he leaves.

Dialogue examples

「I see. If this is a Holy Grail War even though provisional,
    this possibility wasn’t unlikely.
    …Destiny sometimes bares its fangs even to us the dead」

「No, there’s only one thing that I want to tell you. You are wonderful.
    No matter what kind of hardship you find in your life hereafter,
    you will be able to walk facing forwards without being disheartened.
    I’m convinced that you’re that kind of pupil」

「Has my star pierced the spot that it had to pierce?
    …… At the end of the end, it seems I finally managed to fulfill my duty as a Servant」

Historical depiction · Appearance:

The great wise man in Greek mythology.
    Because of him being well versed in all sorts of knowledge and the dexterity of his way of teaching there are countless heroes in Greece who received his teachings.
    Heracles, Achilles, Jason, Asclepios, Castor… Though the periods are different, they all are pupils of Chiron.

Chiron is the child born from the union of Zeus’ father, Cronos, and the fairy Philyra, but since Cronos copulated with her while transformed as a horse, Chiron, who was birthed, was born as a half-man, half-horse Centaur.

Without upbringing Chiron, Philyra changed her form into a linden tree.

In any case, a grown Chiron was endowed with all types of knowledge as a sage by the gods, and began upbringing a 「future hero」 before long.
    He had a friendship with Achilles’ father, Peleus, and Peleus trusted Chiron so much he entrusted Achilles to him when he realized he couldn’t raise Achilles.

One day, the Centaurs and Heracles quarreled carried away by being drunk, and Chiron, who tried to stop them, received an arrow with poison of the Hydra.
    Chiron had acquired immortality as a god, but even though he was immortal he couldn’t escape from the pain of the poison, and continued tasting an infernal suffering.

There, he begged to the gods, and chose to die by giving up his immortality.
    And it is told that because the gods regretted his death, he was sublimated as the stars of Sagittarius.

Appearance in 『FateGO』

Even if it’s a normal Holy Grail War, or a special format ———— a situation of seven vs. seven, Chiron is a candidate for victory, and a sage that occupies an important position.

That doesn’t change in Chaldea, and there is no end to the Servants requesting his teachings.

The opposite is affirmative as well, for Chiron Chaldea, where owners of super-first class techniques and knowledge surpassing first class are striding, is an ideal workplace, and he’s impressed to have a new experience every day.

Armament:

Bow and arrows, empty-handed (pankration)

Related characters:

Achilles
    I once fought you bare-handed.
    The outcome was uncertain, but…
    What do you think, how about we try it once here?

Former students
    Oh, did everyone come too?
    My assistance may have been small, but even so it makes me quite proud and happy that all of you have become heroes.
    That said, there are still some parts that lack teaching.
    Come on, let us learn enthusiastically! Let’s work hard!

Zhuge Kongming
    I see. That style of teaching is the power of the individual that became the vessel.
    Wonderful. If you don’t mind, could you teach me as well?

Sieg
    Oh… It seems I fought together with you in the past.
    On that occasion, there wasn’t much of a temporal extension, but it’s different here.
    Now, let us study the course slow and carefully.

Comment from Illustrator:

Teacher Intellimacho is the strongest. Making the adjustments around there were really difficult and I remember piling lots of attempts. Doesn’t it feel like he smells good of olives? Also, the decoration at the base of the tail is his charm point, so please have a look around the design picture’s bottom. Ah, please stop turning over the skirt, dear customer! It’s troubling! (Ototsugu Konoe)

[1]: Okay, but what does it do?
    [2]: RIP Clairvoyance. Why can't they always add discarded skills and say (Not used in FGO)? There are mats that have them.
    [3]: Antares is the brightest star of Scorpio. It's in the middle of the constellation and Arabs called it "the heart of the scorpion". The NP's name is literally "sniping the heart of the scorpion".

I totally forgot that Chiron is actually quite OP. Wish they had mentioned something more about the possibility of fighting Shishou to death over their teaching methods.

Also, I've come to realize that Chiron would be really good for Shinji. Not for the HGW, but to be less of a pathetic wakame. Chiron would probably be reminded of Jason and (forcefully) instruct Shinji, while Shinji would have a Servant that doesn't disobey him and is quite decent (though there'd still be wakame nerfing). Everybody would be thankful to Centaur-sensei
    Last edited by King of Padoru; January 18th, 2020 at 05:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Another one bites the dust:

Clyton - Danzou and Achilles.
    castor212 - Ko-Gil, Inshun, Mecha Eli Mks 1 and 2, Semiramis, Salieri, and Izou.
    GundamFSN - Karna, Sherlock, Munenori, and Napoleon.
    Mizukume - Osakabehime.
    Commu - Anastasia.
    Konchew - Atalante Alter and Swimsuit BB.
    King of Padoru - Avicebron, Swimsuit Ushi, and Sitonai.
    Smoof - Valkyrie.
    Unclaimed - Sieg, Swimsuit Jeanne, Swimsuit Ibaraki, Swimsuit Jeanne Alter, and MHXX.

Or if you want to go by volume count:
    Vol 3: 2
    Vol 5: 1
    Vol 6: 7
    Vol 7: 16

If there are any changes in who's doing what profile or if you want names added onto your current lists, just let me know and I'll change them for you.

US Friend Code
    I forget, what was the limitation on Wisdom of Divine Gift that made people realize Badass VS Hype Chiron isn't how it really works?

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Sensei
    Chiron
    Class:
    Archer
    True Name: Chiron
    Source: Greek mythology
    Origin: Greece
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Height: 179 cm
    Weight: 81 kg

Strength: B+
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A+
    Mana: B
    Luck: C
    NP: A

Scenario writer: Higashide Yūichirō | Character designer: Konoe Ototsugu | CV: Takeuchi Shunsuke
    Main appearances: Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Grand Order

Class skills

Magic Resistance: B
    Invalidates anything regarding invocation of magecraft with a chant of three verses or lower.
    Even with High-Thaumaturgy/Greater Rituals, wounding him is difficult.

Independent Action: A
    Can act even in absence of a Master.
    However, in the case of requiring vast amounts of mana such as for the usage of his Noble Phantasm, back-up from his Master is necessary.

Divinity: C
    A being born from the union between the god of the earth and a fairy, but in order to make his body decline into that of a human just before his death, it is reduced in a large scale.

Personal skills

Eye of the Mind (True): A
    Insight cultivated through discipline/training.
    A “battle logic” through which the own state and the enemy’s ability is grasped even in a predicament, and the remaining means to escape are deduced on the spot.

Consecration of Eternal Life: EX
    The anecdote of him being elevated as Sagittarius by offering his immortality turned into a skill.
    Due to Chiron being converted into stars as Sagittarius, he bears the duty of protecting people from the celestial scorpion.[1]

Wisdom of Divine Gift: A+
    Various types of knowledge as a sage given from the gods of Greek mythology.
    Excepting those distinctive of heroes, almost all skills can be exhibited with a proficiency of B~A rank.
    Also, it’s possible to grant skills to other Servants with consent from the Master.
    [2]

Noble Phantasm
    Antares Snipe

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 5~99
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

Antares[3] Snipe.
    The embodiment of the episode in which Chiron, turned into Sagittarius, is always aiming at the celestial scorpion.
    The ultimate strike a bowman can reach, piercing the stars.
    A meteoric strike that can be launched at the point the True Name is released, and that is fired not from his bow, but from the stars.
    Even Achilles, renowned for being a fast runner, couldn’t dodge this Noble Phantasm.
    There is the demerit of only being usable once a night, but it won’t miss the target unless the timing is wrong.

Character
    First person pronoun:
    私 (watashi)
    Second person pronoun: 貴方 (anata) / 貴女 (anata)
    Third person pronoun: 彼 など (kare and similar)

Personality

A gentle intellectual.
    Level and calm, although he as human emotions, since he is an educator, he fundamentally doesn’t deem acceptable letting the negative emotions come to the surface.

It is said that he makes the presence of a quiet forest waft, but that’s an indication of his gentle attitude.

The Centaurs he belongs to are generally treated as a violent and irrational barbarian tribe, but Chiron is an exception and he was treated in Greece as a wise man.

If it had to be explained in a few words, 『a teacher by nature』.
    That is no exception even after having become a Servant.

Treatment with the Master

He fundamentally behaves reverently like a butler, but if the Master is immature (and if they request his teachings), he’ll gladly instruct them.

However, Chiron, who is aware that he is a guest, always gives guidance to his Master while considering what will happen after he leaves.

Dialogue examples

「I see. If this is a Holy Grail War even though provisional,
    this possibility wasn’t unlikely.
    …Destiny sometimes bares its fangs even to us the dead」

「No, there’s only one thing that I want to tell you. You are wonderful.
    No matter what kind of hardship you find in your life hereafter,
    you will be able to walk facing forwards without being disheartened.
    I’m convinced that you’re that kind of pupil」

「Has my star pierced the spot that it had to pierce?
    …… At the end of the end, it seems I finally managed to fulfill my duty as a Servant」

Historical depiction · Appearance:

The great wise man in Greek mythology.
    Because of him being well versed in all sorts of knowledge and the dexterity of his way of teaching there are countless heroes in Greece who received his teachings.
    Heracles, Achilles, Jason, Asclepios, Castor… Though the periods are different, they all are pupils of Chiron.

Chiron is the child born from the union of Zeus’ father, Cronos, and the fairy Philyra, but since Cronos copulated with her while transformed as a horse, Chiron, who was birthed, was born as a half-man, half-horse Centaur.

Without upbringing Chiron, Philyra changed her form into a linden tree.

In any case, a grown Chiron was endowed with all types of knowledge as a sage by the gods, and began upbringing a 「future hero」 before long.
    He had a friendship with Achilles’ father, Peleus, and Peleus trusted Chiron so much he entrusted Achilles to him when he realized he couldn’t raise Achilles.

One day, the Centaurs and Heracles quarreled carried away by being drunk, and Chiron, who tried to stop them, received an arrow with poison of the Hydra.
    Chiron had acquired immortality as a god, but even though he was immortal he couldn’t escape from the pain of the poison, and continued tasting an infernal suffering.

There, he begged to the gods, and chose to die by giving up his immortality.
    And it is told that because the gods regretted his death, he was sublimated as the stars of Sagittarius.

Appearance in 『FateGO』

Even if it’s a normal Holy Grail War, or a special format ———— a situation of seven vs. seven, Chiron is a candidate for victory, and a sage that occupies an important position.

That doesn’t change in Chaldea, and there is no end to the Servants requesting his teachings.

The opposite is affirmative as well, for Chiron Chaldea, where owners of super-first class techniques and knowledge surpassing first class are striding, is an ideal workplace, and he’s impressed to have a new experience every day.

Armament:

Bow and arrows, empty-handed (pankration)

Related characters:

Achilles
    I once fought you bare-handed.
    The outcome was uncertain, but…
    What do you think, how about we try it once here?

Former students
    Oh, did everyone come too?
    My assistance may have been small, but even so it makes me quite proud and happy that all of you have become heroes.
    That said, there are still some parts that lack teaching.
    Come on, let us learn enthusiastically! Let’s work hard!

Zhuge Kongming
    I see. That style of teaching is the power of the individual that became the vessel.
    Wonderful. If you don’t mind, could you teach me as well?

Sieg
    Oh… It seems I fought together with you in the past.
    On that occasion, there wasn’t much of a temporal extension, but it’s different here.
    Now, let us study the course slow and carefully.

Comment from Illustrator:

Teacher Intellimacho is the strongest. Making the adjustments around there were really difficult and I remember piling lots of attempts. Doesn’t it feel like he smells good of olives? Also, the decoration at the base of the tail is his charm point, so please have a look around the design picture’s bottom. Ah, please stop turning over the skirt, dear customer! It’s troubling! (Ototsugu Konoe)

[2]: RIP Clairvoyance. Why can't they always add discarded skills and say (Not used in FGO)? There are mats that have them.
    [3]: Antares is the brightest star of Scorpio. It's in the middle of the constellation and Arabs called it "the heart of the scorpion". The NP's name is literally "sniping the heart of the scorpion".

I wish they talked about what the other Servants do there too.

These are two things that annoy me when it comes these books. Making skills that have no use and just not even mentioning ones that they should have.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I forget, what was the limitation on Wisdom of Divine Gift that made people realize Badass VS Hype Chiron isn't how it really works?
    Quote Originally Posted by apo mats
    The Cheat of Cheats skill of our Professor Chiron. It bundles together the various skills and abilities that he received from the Greek Gods. It covers various skills, from artistic categories like music, to battle techniques like archery and spearmanship, and even to ranger skills such as outdoor pursuit and medicinal harvesting.
    However, these skills are based on the techniques of Greece’s mythic era, and as such Chiron cannot acquire skills developed in another time and place. Unique skills limited to specific individual such as “Imperial Privilege” and “Pioneer of the Stars” all fall outside the scope of “Wisdom of Divine Gift.”
    Thanks to this skill, Chiron can also bestow generic skills to other Servants… but almost all Servants can be summoned precisely because they are complete as heroes, so there exist very few laudable Servants who would ask to be taught by him.
    The only possible person who might be taught by him in this work is Sieg, but Chiron perceived that he could not bestow skills upon (teach) him unless he transforms into Siegfried in the first place, and he couldn’t teach him anything he could learn within a three-minute time limit.
    Professor Chiron seemed a bit lonely after he realized that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    Shirou projected Avalon to heal and break out of his second mud dunking.

Seiba uses the reformed and returned real Avalon to repel Ea.
    right. Arguably shirou might only have been able to do it because saber was also doing it at the same time elsewhere, but he did activate avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

[2]: RIP Clairvoyance.
    No. Just because it's not mentioned, it's not discarded. Typical FGO gameplay shit, they can't add more skills because they limited only three slots.And where is line to Shishou?!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    but he did activate avalon
    ahh that debate again
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Oh? Is that a contested statement?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ahh that debate again
    What would be the difference? Or would it have been her activating it that just enabled him to recieve the protection via the master/servant link? Like, "because she activated it, the buff also goes to her master kind of thing, since the karmic line of master and servant share the same 'fate'" or some other mumbo jumbo. So that could be a good explanation to make that 'he didn't technically activate it, here's why'd bit. [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Sensei
    Chiron Class: Archer True Name: Chiron Gender: Male Source: Greek mythology Origin: Greece Alignment: Lawful Good Height: 179 cm Weight: 81 kg Strength: B+ Endurance: B Agility: A+ Mana: B Luck: C NP: A Scenario writer: Higashide Yūichirō | Character designer: Konoe Ototsugu | CV: Takeuchi Shunsuke Main appearances: Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Grand Order Class skills Magic Resistance: B Invalidates anything regarding invocation of magecraft with a chant of three verses or lower. Even with High-Thaumaturgy/Greater Rituals, wounding him is difficult. Independent Action: A Can act even in absence of a Master. However, in the case of requiring vast amounts of mana such as for the usage of his Noble Phantasm, back-up from his Master is necessary. Divinity: C A being born from the union between the god of the earth and a fairy, but in order to make his body decline into that of a human just before his death, it is reduced in a large scale. Personal skills Eye of the Mind (True): A Insight cultivated through discipline/training. A “battle logic” through which the own state and the enemy’s ability is grasped even in a predicament, and the remaining means to escape are deduced on the spot. Consecration of Eternal Life: EX The anecdote of him being elevated as Sagittarius by offering his immortality turned into a skill. Due to Chiron being converted into stars as Sagittarius, he bears the duty of protecting people from the celestial scorpion.[1] Wisdom of Divine Gift: A+ Various types of knowledge as a sage given from the gods of Greek mythology. Excepting those distinctive of heroes, almost all skills can be exhibited with a proficiency of B~A rank. Also, it’s possible to grant skills to other Servants with consent from the Master. [2] Noble Phantasm
    Antares Snipe
    Rank: A Type: Anti-Unit Range: 5~99 Maximum number of targets: 1 person Antares[3] Snipe. The embodiment of the episode in which Chiron, turned into Sagittarius, is always aiming at the celestial scorpion. The ultimate strike a bowman can reach, piercing the stars. A meteoric strike that can be launched at the point the True Name is released, and that is fired not from his bow, but from the stars. Even Achilles, renowned for being a fast runner, couldn’t dodge this Noble Phantasm. There is the demerit of only being usable once a night, but it won’t miss the target unless the timing is wrong. Character First person pronoun: 私 (watashi) Second person pronoun: 貴方 (anata) / 貴女 (anata) Third person pronoun: 彼 など (kare and similar) Personality A gentle intellectual. Level and calm, although he as human emotions, since he is an educator, he fundamentally doesn’t deem acceptable letting the negative emotions come to the surface. It is said that he makes the presence of a quiet forest waft, but that’s an indication of his gentle attitude. The Centaurs he belongs to are generally treated as a violent and irrational barbarian tribe, but Chiron is an exception and he was treated in Greece as a wise man. If it had to be explained in a few words, 『a teacher by nature』. That is no exception even after having become a Servant. Treatment with the Master He fundamentally behaves reverently like a butler, but if the Master is immature (and if they request his teachings), he’ll gladly instruct them. However, Chiron, who is aware that he is a guest, always gives guidance to his Master while considering what will happen after he leaves. Dialogue examples 「I see. If this is a Holy Grail War even though provisional, this possibility wasn’t unlikely. …Destiny sometimes bares its fangs even to us the dead」 「No, there’s only one thing that I want to tell you. You are wonderful. No matter what kind of hardship you find in your life hereafter, you will be able to walk facing forwards without being disheartened. I’m convinced that you’re that kind of pupil」 「Has my star pierced the spot that it had to pierce? …… At the end of the end, it seems I finally managed to fulfill my duty as a Servant」 Historical depiction · Appearance: The great wise man in Greek mythology. Because of him being well versed in all sorts of knowledge and the dexterity of his way of teaching there are countless heroes in Greece who received his teachings. Heracles, Achilles, Jason, Asclepios, Castor… Though the periods are different, they all are pupils of Chiron. Chiron is the child born from the union of Zeus’ father, Cronos, and the fairy Philyra, but since Cronos copulated with her while transformed as a horse, Chiron, who was birthed, was born as a half-man, half-horse Centaur. Without upbringing Chiron, Philyra changed her form into a linden tree. In any case, a grown Chiron was endowed with all types of knowledge as a sage by the gods, and began upbringing a 「future hero」 before long. He had a friendship with Achilles’ father, Peleus, and Peleus trusted Chiron so much he entrusted Achilles to him when he realized he couldn’t raise Achilles. One day, the Centaurs and Heracles quarreled carried away by being drunk, and Chiron, who tried to stop them, received an arrow with poison of the Hydra. Chiron had acquired immortality as a god, but even though he was immortal he couldn’t escape from the pain of the poison, and continued tasting an infernal suffering. There, he begged to the gods, and chose to die by giving up his immortality. And it is told that because the gods regretted his death, he was sublimated as the stars of Sagittarius. Appearance in 『FateGO』 Even if it’s a normal Holy Grail War, or a special format ———— a situation of seven vs. seven, Chiron is a candidate for victory, and a sage that occupies an important position. That doesn’t change in Chaldea, and there is no end to the Servants requesting his teachings. The opposite is affirmative as well, for Chiron Chaldea, where owners of super-first class techniques and knowledge surpassing first class are striding, is an ideal workplace, and he’s impressed to have a new experience every day. Armament: Bow and arrows, empty-handed (pankration) Related characters: Achilles I once fought you bare-handed. The outcome was uncertain, but… What do you think, how about we try it once here? Former students Oh, did everyone come too? My assistance may have been small, but even so it makes me quite proud and happy that all of you have become heroes. That said, there are still some parts that lack teaching. Come on, let us learn enthusiastically! Let’s work hard! Zhuge Kongming I see. That style of teaching is the power of the individual that became the vessel. Wonderful. If you don’t mind, could you teach me as well? Sieg Oh… It seems I fought together with you in the past. On that occasion, there wasn’t much of a temporal extension, but it’s different here. Now, let us study the course slow and carefully. Comment from Illustrator: Teacher Intellimacho is the strongest. Making the adjustments around there were really difficult and I remember piling lots of attempts. Doesn’t it feel like he smells good of olives? Also, the decoration at the base of the tail is his charm point, so please have a look around the design picture’s bottom. Ah, please stop turning over the skirt, dear customer! It’s troubling! (Ototsugu Konoe) [1]: Okay, but what does it do? [2]: RIP Clairvoyance. Why can't they always add discarded skills and say (Not used in FGO)? There are mats that have them. [3]: Antares is the brightest star of Scorpio. It's in the middle of the constellation and Arabs called it "the heart of the scorpion". The NP's name is literally "sniping the heart of the scorpion".
    I totally forgot that Chiron is actually quite OP. Wish they had mentioned something more about the possibility of fighting Shishou to death over their teaching methods. Also, I've come to realize that Chiron would be really good for Shinji. Not for the HGW, but to be less of a pathetic wakame. Chiron would probably be reminded of Jason and (forcefully) instruct Shinji, while Shinji would have a Servant that doesn't disobey him and is quite decent (though there'd still be wakame nerfing). Everybody would be thankful to Centaur-sensei
    Knowing Nasu, a what if like that would end up with "there are no fundamental changes, but...." and leave it there, like UBW's epilogue you see in the blurb from CMIII iirc. Since Nasu pretty much points out that it's not talent in things that is his issue, since supposedly he is good at anything but magecraft which is what he is currently fixated on. Like how making someone feel special won't necessarily have good results.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; January 19th, 2020 at 07:47 AM.