Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate Stay Night Fanfic: Endless Dream (Rewrite)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biigoh View Post
    Also, what of Zouken`s desires to use the 3rd Magic to bring back Justica?
    He's ignoring them since they're a product of your imagination?

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since in HF it states that he forgot that goal until he was on the verge of death and saw Ilya in the Dress of Heaven, it's likely that motive won't show itself.

And yeah, just by her being there (and Rider, Caster and Fake!Assassin aren't) things by rule have to be different. That does bring about the question of what Rider will do when summoned, and whether she's even Medusa or not. Still, if I was her I'd try my best to influence events to go down a route of which it is most easy for me to control, and than deal with the things I don't have a clue about.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Since in HF it states that he forgot that goal until he was on the verge of death and saw Ilya in the Dress of Heaven, it's likely that motive won't show itself.
    Well, his goal was never to resurrect Justica. He wanted to achieve the third magic to honour her, yes, but he never intended to resurrect her with it, even when he was still sane.

And yeah, just by her being there (and Rider, Caster and Fake!Assassin aren't) things by rule have to be different. That does bring about the question of what Rider will do when summoned, and whether she's even Medusa or not. Still, if I was her I'd try my best to influence events to go down a route of which it is most easy for me to control, and than deal with the things I don't have a clue about.
    Which is what she is doing (to the best of her abilities), by ensuring that Shirou still summons Saber.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at with that last part. Basically she knows for them everything starts with Rin and Archer staying at the school, Shirou witnessing their battle, and stuff snowballs from there.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Surprise moving put me off for a bit. Until then here's something silly.

Omake: What if Shirou was the one who summoned her?

Shirou’s jaw dropped as Lancer, the entire front wall of the shed, and a large chunk of the fence, was blown away by the appearance of the woman.

She was definitely attractive, roughly in her thirties. A confidant smile on her face as she executed a spell of such absurd power.

“Ahhh that was easy enough.” Caster lowered her hand, “Now then… ahhh!! Emiya-kun!” She knew his name, how did she know his name.

“Uhhhh….” Shirou didn’t stand up yet, he didn’t quite know what to do. The way she was looking at him… scared him a little.

“Come on stand up.” Caster grabbed Shirou’s arm and pulled it up, looking into his eyes.

They… looked familiar.

“You look at nice as ever Emiya-kun.” She leaned in uncomfortably close. “I’m not going to look a gift-horse in the mouth. How about we…” She smiled, “get to know each other, Emiya-kun?”
    “I… I… uhh.”

“Yes, Emiya-kun?”

Shirou didn’t know what to say… or how to say it for that matter. Finally, he just said the first thing that came out of his mouth. “I’m sorry it’s just… I’m not interested in older women!”

Silence. Caster stood in front of him, silently.

“Uhh…”

“I see… Yes. That makes sense.” Caster got this look on her face. A very scary look. “Don’t like ‘older women’ huh. Yet you seemed to have no problem with younger ones… I see yes. That’s why you hang around Illyasviel so much…”

“Wha-what are you talking about…? Shirou began to step away.

“Emiya-kun, you have a disease…” Caster pulled out the Jeweled Sword, “and I am the cure!”

“Gyaaahhhh!!!”

Bad End.

~--------------~

Tiger Dojo #3843

“Alas, Shirou has met a most unfortunate fate.” Taiga’s arms were folded, “He made the mistake of rejecting such a charming woman!”

“Emiya-kun’s an idiot allright.” Caster nodded sagely.

“Ah Caster-san.” Taiga smiled, “Such a wonderful guest for tonight’s Tiger Dojo. Did you cure Shirou of his lolicon tendencies?”

“…” Caster paused, before giving Taiga a thumbs up! It was promptly returned in kind.

“Wonderful! How grand, then wait, why is this a bad end?”

“Ah… Emiya-kun can never get married now, and that is most definitely a bad end!” Caster said.

“That makes sense.” Taiga clasped her hands together. “Poor Shirou, he should have thought about what to say.”

“Whatever.” Illya entered the scene, “Who cares about some old maids?”

Taiga and Caster turned to Illya, their eyes twitching.

“Old…” Taiga swung her shina.

“Maids!?” Caster executed a drop kick!

THWAP! THUD! A beautiful simultaneous blow, a two hit combo for the ages.

“Silence pedobait!” Caster shouted.

“Yes yes. Students should be silent and not make such rude remarks.”

“Owwwww my head… my face. Did you have to kick me in the face Caster?”

“Yes.” Caster answered without hesitation.

“True true, I’ll have to aim there next time.” Taiga pointed her shinai forward. “Shirou! Remember this, next time a lovely mature woman is interested, do not reject her advances! Lesson over!”
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

Dammit, Pata, I'm suposed to be studying for a test! Don't write snippets so funny!

Ah, who could have bad ends like this. Truly, Shirou is a fortunate man. Besides that, marrying is overrated.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Win. Pure win.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Agreed, you have made my day.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    He's ignoring them since they're a product of your imagination?
    lol
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I must applaud Caster for being able to castrate Shirou with a fairly blunt chunk of jewel.

...that's what she did right?

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar
    He is the bone of his sword.

She is wielding the sword that boned him?
    Spoiler:
    Is it pimping myself out if it's hidden?
    Index of Stories, Conceptual Writing, and Scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Counterguardian View Post
    I must applaud Caster for being able to castrate Shirou with a fairly blunt chunk of jewel.

...that's what she did right?
    Nah that's the last part of him she'd cut off.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What other way is there to wreck a man for marriage then?

*morbidly curious*

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Counterguardian View Post
    What other way is there to wreck a man for marriage then?

*morbidly curious*
    Testicle cancer. :3

“Breakfast is ready Senpai!”

Despite the unpleasant dreams that had plagued him last night, Shirou couldn't help but smile. Sakura seemed to be in a very good mood.

“Hooray!” Taiga gleefully scooped food onto her plate, her chopsticks holding more then Shirou thought possible. “Mmmmm Sakura-chan, this is sooooo good!”

“Thank you Fujimura-sensei.” Sakura looked over at Shirou, “Senpai? How is it?”

“Oh. It's good.” Shirou said, it really was. Sakura seemed to have gone all out.

“Wonderful!” Sakura looked really happy to hear this.

This cheery breakfast continued on for several minute.

“Hey.. Sakura.” Taiga said, “Aren't you heading to practice?”

“Ehh?” Sakura seemed to lock up, “N-no. Morning practice isn't required... heheheheh. I'd rather enjoy this breakfast.” She then took another bite to prove her point.

“Reallly?” Taiga grinned, “Are you sure you just don't want Shirou to walk you to school? I knew it, finally making your move Sakura-chan?”

“Gruuh!!!!!” Shirou choked on his food, his chopsticks stuck in his mouth.

“Fu-Fujimura-sensei!” Sakura shouted, her face red.

“Right right.” Taiga laughed, standing up, “Well, it was delcious. I better get to work, don't do anything irresponsible!”

“Fuji-nee/Fujimura-sensei!!!”
    Life is an Endless Dream

By Pata Hikari

Chapter 1: Fate

Shinji was not happy.

This had been his big chance. The ability to prove himself to everyone. He would show the world his ability, he would become a magus!

Instead, that uptight bitch Caster had let it be known that she had no intention of following anyone's orders. How she had managed to get Sakura to go along with whatever insanity she had planned was beyond him.

Finally, Sakura hadn't shown up for morning practice. On a normal day, this would irritate him, he'd probably yell at her over it. But now?

He was pissed off.

There she is.. walking through the gate. Smiling, not a care in the world.

“Sakura!” He shouted, forcing himself in front of her, his face twisted into a snarl.

“N-Nii-san...” Instantly the smile disappeared.

“Where. The. Hell. Were you!” He growled, quickly grabbing her arm. He squeezed it hard, pulling her closer to him. “Why weren't you at practice!”

“I.. I'm sorry but... it's.. um...”

“But what? I've told you that showing up to every practice is important! For god's sake, you're a Matou, show some pride! What-”

“Shinji!”

Shinji stopped, and looked to his right. “E-Emiya?”

Shirou's gaze was... emotionless. His eyes were narrowed and there was a slight frown. Shinji realized that Shirou wasn't looking directly at him, rather he was gazing at Shinji's hand, still clutching Sakura's arm.

“....” He let go of Sakura, instantly the girl shrunk back. Hiding behind (Who else?) Shriou. Upon doing so, Shirou's gaze softened.

“What's wrong Shinji? You seem to be in a bit of a bad mood.” He asked. “Morning practice is optional, you know that. It's OK not to show up every day.”

Always sticking up to her. He thought, I wonder what he would think if he knew what she was really like. Finally, he spoke. “If you do something, you do it all the way. As far as I'm concerned, there is no 'optional practice.'”

“OK, that's fine for your life Shinji, go ahead. But don't force it on Sakura...” He looked back at Sakura, “Besides, I was the one who convinced Sakura to stay around longer. Blame me if it bugs you.”

“...ugh.” Shnji groaned. He doubted that Shirou had the testosterone necessary to convince a girl to stay with him. Still... the anger drained from him. “How irritating.” He couldn’t let it at Sakura with Shirou around. “Fine, whatever. But you’d better show up for practice after school!”

“O-Of course Nii-san!”

~--------------------~

It was lunchtime.

Rin walked down the halls, heading towards the archery range she figured she’d have lunch with Ayako. It would be a good way to relax. Worrying about the Grail War 24/7 was tiring. She turned a corner… and bumped directly into someone else.

“Ah!” Rin looked at the person she bumped into. It was Sakura.

“Good afternoon, sorry about that.” Rin said to her.

“No... it’s OK.” She said, she stepped back and smiled. “How are you Tohsaka-senpai?”

“Oh? I’m just fine.” Rin said, “Going to go have lunch with Ayako.”

“Right right.” Sakura nodded.

“See you.” Rin continued on her journey to lunch.

“…” Sakura stared at Rin, looking down at her feet, looking back up. She took a deep breath. “Tohsaka-senpai!”

“Hmm?” Rin turned back around, “What is it?”

“B-be careful, please.”

“Huh.” Rin looked away from Sakura, “Sure… I will.”

~--------------------~

“Friend of yours?” Archer quietly asked her once Rin was alone.

“An acquaintance.” Rin answered quickly.

“She seemed worried about you.”

“She’s a worrywart.”

“Ah but telling you to be careful now? That’s interesting. What does it mean-“

“Oh shut up Archer.” Rin growled.

“Your wish is my command my Master.” Even though he was invisible, Rin could hear the smirk.

~--------------------~

“I’m home.”

It was strange; normally Sakura never announced she was home. Zouken already knew she was coming home. And as for Shinji… well, she often didn't want to announce she was around to him.

“Sakura, welcome home.” Except there was now one person in this house who seemed to like her. Caster appeared in front of her, smiling. Sakura found herself smiling back. “How was school?”

“Oh… um, fine. I guess.” Sakura mumbled. “It was the usual school.” She sighed, “I… I don’t really like school that much… I mean, it’s nice when I walk with Senpai…”

“Ah I didn’t care much for school either.” Caster patted Sakura on the head, “Of course, I had to be the perfect student. All for appearances. Perfect grades, lusted after by the perverted student body (Sakura giggled) it was sometimes fun, but most of the time a pain in the ass.”

“Right right.” They both giggled, chatting about inane subjects for a while.

Sakura felt strange, this conversation felt… normal. The sorts of things any girls would talk about. Her life wasn’t supposed to have this.

A Servant was meant to be a weapon, a powerful tool to win the Holy Grail War. Yet Caster hadn’t acted like one at all. Other than their one conversation about Shirou, they hadn’t once brought up the topic of the War…

“Sakura.” Caster said.

“Yes?”

“I… need to go out for a short time.” She looked nervous, “I’ll be back as soon as possible, OK? Stay in your room, you’ll be… safe there.” Caster frowned, “OK, go into your room and I’ll set up a boundary field, then you’ll be safe for the night.”

~--------------------~

“Archer.” Her Servant appeared in front of her. His arms were folded, his gaze even. “We’re going to look investigate that ‘prank’.”

“Really?” Archer raised an eyebrow, “It seems harmless and pointless.”

“That’s what bugs me!” Rin shouted, “It’s like… it has to be something more. There must be some trick behind it. No magus would waste their time on something so… pointless. I have to know what they’re after with it.”

“Right, right.” Archer said. He didn’t want to admit it to Rin, but he was curious too. Just what had caused the world to deviate so much from what he was familiar with? He hadn't been able to look or ask around enough to figure it out.

Other than the school, everything seemed the same…

~--------------------~

Caster didn't want Sakura to see this. It actually made her a little uncomfortable too.

After all, she was basically arranging for the boy she used to have a crush on to be stabbed in the heart.

She was currently standing on top of the Matou mansion. God, even the roof feels slimy. Good job Zouken. Her eyes were currently being Reinforced slightly, allowing her to see the Tohsaka residence.

“Ah-ha… you acted perfectly, Rin-chan.” Caster smirked, Rin was leaving her house. Her direction? The school. “I guess I know you too well.” Keeping her eyes strengthened, she jumped from rooftop to rooftop, making sure to keep her distance, following Rin.

After all, there were still many things that could go wrong. One thing that had been drilled into her head was Chaos Theory. The smallest changes can have insane, far reaching consequences. And frankly, her existence was a huge change.

If worst came to worst, as a last resort, she’d force Shirou to summon Saber herself. An insane plan that was beyond risky.

Largely because she was pretty sure it was impossible for her to even scratch Saber, so she’d be cut down in a few seconds at most. If she used the Jeweled Sword she might be able to make a dent in that magic resistance. Maybe.

~--------------------~

“Perfect.” Caster stepped in front of the school.

Archer and Rin had entered the main building a minute ago. OK, keep watch on the roof, Lancer should be appearing in a few minutes. Then the fight… and everything will work out. It will be perfect. She loved it when everything went according to her plan. Once Saber was summoned she could start the next step of her plan… she was getting giddy thinking about it. “Don’t worry Sakura… everything will turn out OK…” She whispered quietly to herself.

“Excuse me Miss, are you sure you should be out this late at night?” A voice behind her said. “I hear some dangerous types have been wandering the streets lately.”

“Oh I’m fine, I can take care of mys-“ Caster froze, Why does that voice sound familiar? She turned around slowly.

A lean man in blue armor, his hair a similar color. He had a lazy grin on his face, his hands on his hips. He looked rather amused with himself.

“La-La-Lancer…” Caster was quite familiar with this man.

“Ah. Glad to see you know me.” Lancer held out his right hand, “That means we don’t need the introductions!” The demonic red lance that granted him his class appeared in his hand.

“…oh fuck.”
    ~--------------------~

Why why why why why do all my plans go wrong at the last minute!!! Caster would have shouted this at the top of her lungs. However she was devoting her energy to avoiding being impaled in six different places at once.

To call Lancer “fast” was like saying the sun is a little bright. The man was speed incarnate. Every trust of his lance was a blur, every movement happened within an instant. Just to keep up Caster was performing Reinforcement on a level that she was pretty sure the Clock Tower would call impossible. Her eyes were Reinforced to the point where she could actually see the spear thrusts (even then it’s a blur). Every muscle in her body was also Reinforced, just to give her the speed and reflexes to barely dodge each thrust.

She had no choice, she did not possess a weapon that could deflect or parry the lance, so avoidance was her only option. As such, she was slowly being pushed back against the school. Soon there would be nowhere to run. To most this might mean her doom, but to a Servant, this was but a bother.

In her left hand she was building up magical energy. Such a thing would be impossible for an ordinary magus, the extreme Reinforcement alone would drain them, however Caster had stopped being “ordinary” some time ago. Even in the event she could not focus, she had been summoned with five gemstones on her. She had filled these jewels with enough magical energy to unleash spells of incredible power. Enough to devastate any Servant she could catch by surprise with. Of course, such powerful trump cards should not be used during the set up phase.

She twisted her body, letting the lance slide past her; she threw out her left hand, and smiled. In an instant what can best be described as a localized hurricane appeared where Lancer stood. Gale force winds that would shred any living being apart spiraled around her target. Once her attack had been launched she jumped back, forcing magical energy into her legs to propel her dozens of meters, landing right in front of the school.

At that instant the wind storm she had conjured was dispelled. Lancer stood where the center of the gale had been, a single rune glowing in front of him. Caster clicked her tongue in annoyance. Against other warriors of Lancer’s that would have, at the very least, held them down longer. But Lancer was no mere spearman. He had learned many things from the Shadow Woman Scathach. One of those was the Eighteen Runes of Origin, making him a powerful magic user as well as a near invincible warrior. The only reason he did not bring such power to bear was that he found it less fun.

“Heh.” As if to counter Caster’s annoyed expression, his face was one of satisfaction. “You’re Caster, right? I’m impressed; I wasn't expecting this from you.”

“And I had not expected a Lancer to know such ancient and powerful runes.” Caster shrugged, she might as well play along with his banter. She liked Lancer; he was fun to talk to. “On the other hand, Hound of Chulainn, it shows me who you are easily.”

Lancer laughed, “Ah well, I was never trying too hard to hide who I was.”

“But what if I were to invite you to dinner then?”

“It’d be a lovely date I imagine. You’re a fine looking woman.”

Caster rolled her eyes, He’s the same as ever. Still, this casual banter would end soon, and they would get back to the fight. Lancer was itching for more battle.

Caster did not want that. She had positioned herself against the school for a reason. As they talked she had been pumping more and more magical energy into her legs. Now it was ready, invoking a wind spell she jumped straight up at the speed of the wind.

Of course, Lancer could outrun the wind itself, and instantly began chasing her. Would her head start be enough?

~--------------------~

Calculating ranges.

Opening gate to parallel world.

World 36Z934B-Variation 45 accessed. Threat assessment: None. Connected to Kaleidoscope Akasha Server.

Link established. Executing in 5...4…3

~--------------------~

“It-It’s like whoever made this made it just to piss me off.” Rin had finished examining the boundary field.

It was simple enough to understand and even grasp the theory on how to take it apart. The hard part was the execution. The core was here on the roof, however surrounding it were five foundation points, all distant from the core. In order to remove it, she’d need to break down all five foundation points, and finally destroy the core. Finally, it had to be done before the foundation points regenerated.

“That is entirely possible. I imagine that a lot of people like pissing you off.” Archer commented.

“Be quiet.” Rin snapped at her Servant.

“Rin, as far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing here for us to worry about. I suggest we ignore it.” Archer was getting a bad feeling about this. It screamed a set up. The boundary field was immaterial… the important part was that it caught someone’s attention. But who’s? Was Rin the person this trap was intended to snare? Or was it someone or something else? He did not know, and he did not like it. Already his knowledge of the future was moot; this timeline had diverged too much already. “Rin we need to-“ He stopped, “Rin! Something’s coming.” In an instant he jumped in front of her.

“Archer…?”

It was like a pillar of wind pushing a person up. The figure arced through the air, landing a few meters in front of Rin and Archer.

It was a woman, she looked up… straight into Rin’s eyes.

“…” Rin found she could no longer breathe. She could only stare at that woman.

She…

Just… looking at her.

I…

It made her head hurt.

I…

Looking at her made her mind scream, her body tense. It was like everything about her was wrong.

I hate her…

Rin wanted to scream, she wanted to rage, she wanted to run away. Tohsaka Rin instinctively felt fear and revulsion from that woman. The woman smiled, and began to fade. It was slow, as if she was simply shifting out of focus. Finally, she vanished as if she was never there. “Archer… what was…?”

The next instant, a blue blur landed on the rooftop.

“Another one?” Archer said.

“…huh.” Lancer looked around in annoyance. “What a typical woman. She teases something good, then when you take your eyes off her she vanishes.” His gaze turned over to Rin and Archer. “Ah, I see there’s a consolation prize in the works.” He smirked.

“Rin… get down.”

~--------------------~

“Ahh…” Caster reappeared in reality, slumping against the wall of the archery range. “Tiring…” She was not prepared for that. She could see in the distance Lancer jumping down off the roof after Archer. “Now to finally take a short-“

“Excuse me but… who are you?”

“Huh ah wha!?” Caster’s exhaustion left her instantly. The boy suddenly standing beside her was very, very familiar.

It was none other than Emiya Shirou. Eyebrow raised, his face an expression of befuddlement. “Are you OK Ma’am?”

“I’m fine.” Caster said quickly. “I… just…” She heard the sound of two Servants battling. Archer and Lancer were starting their brawl. “I saw some weird guys over there.” She pointed towards the direction of the Servants.

“Ehh…?” Shirou’s curiosity piqued, he began to walk over to the fight.

Caster sighed. “Well… OK, I think I finally got things back on track."

~--------------------~

Some things are cornerstones. Bends of fate that happen in nearly all worlds in which they are possible.

Why these things are so common is unknown. Zeldrech theorized that such twists were in fact brought upon by higher forces. Perhaps Gaia, or Alaya, arranged these things to come to pass. Maybe God himself had a hand in these.

Whatever the reason, they occur again and again, a multiuniversal constant. Tonight one of those things occurred.

“I ask of you, are you my Master?”

Emiya Shirou, tonight you begin your walk down the path of destiny.
    Last edited by Pata Hikari; January 29th, 2014 at 03:36 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hooray~

Lancer is fun!
    LIKE A KING

Blog Entries
    Ah, Rin. Even when you try to troll, it never works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    I can't believe Shirou fell for that. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    I can't believe Shirou fell for that. XD
    This is Shirou we're talking about here.

I like the boy but he can be dense at times.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Indeed.
    LIKE A KING