Page 272 of 388 FirstFirst ... 172222262267270271272273274277282322372 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

I'm annoyed by the name Altria. I cant understand why?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    I'm annoyed by the name Altria. I cant understand why?
    Because Saber is not a chain smoker.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Because it's a dumb name that's dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I'm sorry, I have no idea what this means
    FGO story barely takes itself seriously, and thus is not taken very seriously by the fanbase. The story is an excuse to have the gameplay and cute girl kennels. The writing of FGO is not exactly the first thing that people would think about when bringing up 'Type-Moon' and 'Writing' in one sentence.

Perhaps you would be better served with the Visual Novels: Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, or Mahotsukai no Yoru. Or the books and their very prolific movie adaptations, Kara no Kyoukai.

You seem to have approached this franchise from its little toe. It just so happens that this little toe has recently grown into a gigantic cancerous tumor that basically makes the host (Kinoko Nasu) paraphlegic and incapable of doing any work over the horrible pain shooting through his lower body. Alas, the doctors hired with his many bank notes tell him it cannot be removed, because the risk is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Because Saber is not a chain smoker.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Because it's a dumb name that's dumb
    You misunderstanding me chums, but thats my fault.

What I don't understand is why they made her Offical name Altria, with Artoria sounds, and looks, alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    FGO story barely takes itself seriously, and thus is not taken very seriously by the fanbase.
    What?

- - - Updated - - -

You misunderstanding me chums, but thats my fault.

What I don't understand is why they made her Offical name Altria, with Artoria sounds, and looks, alot better.
    アルトリア
    A ru to ri a

cut out some vowels because we all know japanese adds more vowels because of how their alphabet works
    take out a few too many vowels

Artria

but l and r are a thing in english too so prob change that

Altria

Not like they'd really know any better since it's a made up name either way, so they decided this was right and forced it onto other works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I meant Type-Moon fanbase, not FGO fanbase. Two different things.

I mean I look at Camelot and Babylonia and basically absolutely everything in the game and I try to take it seriously, but there's always some of it that's total nonsense, but is integral to the main story, like Jaguar Man.

I try to look at Solomon and think that it was pretty serious and all but then I remember that Mysterious Heroine X appears in it alongside all the other event characters with events that never took themselves seriously and it just totally undermines the game's posture and gives it a jingle-bell.

US Friend Code
    I'm actually convinced TM ran アルトリア through Google when deciding on Altria. Because that's what you get if you put it in GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I'm actually convinced TM ran アルトリア through Google when deciding on Altria. Because that's what you get if you put it in GT.
    I always thought Altria as the GT translation came about after the fact, from people correcting the translation or something, but you might be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    FGO story barely takes itself seriously, and thus is not taken very seriously by the fanbase.
    Is that so? I see people talking about Camelot and other story moments all the time.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Is that so? I see people talking about Camelot and other story moments all the time.
    But isnt that because Camelot was written by Nasu?

So it has that special/authenticity to it?

Blog Entries
    I actually don’t like miyu either. I don’t really know why. She is like a plate of dry toast with an empty pack of butter next to it.

I wanna like this. I don’t hate it, it’s fine

but this needed something it doesn’t have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries

I mean, it's part of FGO either way.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I don't know about "authentic", but I do think Camelot was leaps above the earlier arcs in terms of quality. That said, I do think America was a good story which was hurt by the format in which it had to be presented, and I do think other arcs had good moments even if overall they were average or worse. Orléans, for instance, had a lot of potential, but sadly most of it went unrealised.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    That's why I said 'isn't taken very seriously', as in there is a degree of letting it get off the hook with its terrible moments. Because it's, you know, not a real entry into the Fate franchise. Deep down everyone knows it's just a brand name scam aimed at people with too much money and too little sense. A scam with lots of work put into it, but I still strongly doubt that any writer in the team feels a crushing responsibility to the fanbase, of writing a compelling narrative for this magnum opus of interactive media.

Say you have this reporter who has become famous because of his documentary series that airs on TV every now and then.
    Now, this can't feed them, so they work at a news station, and need to have a scoop for the evening news every week to pad their runtime after they cover the latest school shooting. This is clearly the same kind of work as the documentaries they became famous through, and you can even enjoy some of their scoops, but you won't hold them to the same standard of quality. This is because they're on a clock, because they're motivated primarily by money, but most of all, because nobody takes evening news seriously.

US Friend Code

I mean you also have people talk about the Lostbelts and those don't seem to have been written by him yet
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    NGL, "barely" just sounds like an overexaggeration for me

- - - Updated - - -

if i may

that is his opinion

because i disagree with some of those
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

That's why I said 'isn't taken very seriously', as in there is a degree of letting it get off the hook with its terrible moments. Because it's, you know, not a real entry into the Fate franchise. Deep down everyone knows it's just a brand name scam aimed at people with too much money and too little sense. A scam with lots of work put into it, but I still strongly doubt that any writer in the team feels a crushing responsibility to the fanbase, of writing a compelling narrative for this magnum opus of interactive media.
    What if it's taken completely seriously as a legitimate medium of storytelling but the writers are mostly incompetent and the medium itself sucks for any tonal or narrative consistency to be achieved?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Honestly, I think that's much more probable.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I mean you also have people talk about the Lostbelts and those don't seem to have been written by him yet
    Yeah, but isn't that mainly because of the tear jerking moments in them?

I havent reached them yet, but everything I heard talks about the feels.