Page 329 of 388 FirstFirst ... 229279319324327328329330331334339379 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    ^Isn’t the point with Nasus whole “adding zero” metaphor that Avenger actually can’t influence things and only “comes out” around Caren?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Forcing her to play Monopoly with the original rules, fighting in Brawl spike pits with fall-y blocks on top, scraping nails on a chalkboard whenever she tried to sleep, etc.
    What's wrong with OG Monopoly, huh? Weaklings can't handle a little CAPITALISM?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    ^Isn’t the point with Nasus whole “adding zero” metaphor that Avenger actually can’t influence things and only “comes out” around Caren?
    No, there are scenes with him and Medusa, where you find out more about her and why she likes Sakura, there is a sweet scene iirc where Ilya comforts him, and then the scene with Caren.

@warellis

Well in that scene she does talk to Medusa about it and says if she wants to be better friends she has to work on her approach, and Medusa hides taking blood from Shirou from Sakura (she tries to low key bribe them with sweets for one scene).

So for the most part she is brought to heel and it's only bait for yuri shipping.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean that's not how I remember it.

From what I recall all the Rider/Ayako scenes were cringy as fuck and whenever Ayako asks them to intervene Sakura and Shirou are just like "Oh that Rider, what a card!" despite her acting creepy and Ayako clearly wanting none of it because "lol lezbienz r funii"

Blog Entries
    Hmm, maybe. I think there was only two of those scenes if I recall. One where it was at the house, and the other where she sees Cu and Rider ruins him getting his swerve on.
    Ironically the only time he was almost guaranteed some play.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It's not the only time, iirc there were one or two scenes in Hollow where Shirou goes out of his way to cockblock poor Cu as well.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    It's not the only time, iirc there were one or two scenes in Hollow where Shirou goes out of his way to cockblock poor Cu as well.
    The hotdog scene, where Cu starts flirting with the track team and Shirou tells Himuro to feed him a hotdog, and tell him what it is after he eats it, if she felt Cu was putting too much pressure on them:

Hotdog scene: https://youtu.be/jqK2OTxrYAk?t=3975
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Hmm, maybe. I think there was only two of those scenes if I recall. One where it was at the house, and the other where she sees Cu and Rider ruins him getting his swerve on.
    Ironically the only time he was almost guaranteed some play.

From what I recall all the Rider/Ayako scenes were cringy as fuck and whenever Ayako asks them to intervene Sakura and Shirou are just like "Oh that Rider, what a card!" despite her acting creepy and Ayako clearly wanting none of it because "lol lezbienz r funii"
    I think there are three of those types of cringey scenes. One is on the morning of the training camp at the temple, and another is at the house when Ayako comes over to discuss it with Sakura. The third is when Ayako is picking up some flowers for a sick classmate wnd talking with Lancer.

The 4th time is a reference, when Ayako is teasing Shirou about if she's not good enough because he has been "spoiled" by Saber, Sakura, & Rin, and then Shirou says if she's more into the beautiful type, he could bring Rider to meet Ayako instead, which sort of makes Ayako nervous. Shirou even mentions it as Ayako's one "weakness":

Ayako-Shirou interaction (Shirou mentions Rider): https://youtu.be/89qOJik3TXw?t=1408
    Ayako-Lancer Flower scene (Rider appears): https://youtu.be/wszfe7Olq_M?t=717
    Ayako-Rider interaction (house): https://youtu.be/Drs2Y3gDSVg?t=395
    Ayako-Rider interaction (temple): https://youtu.be/fuP-b8QRcoU?t=965
    Last edited by warellis; February 4th, 2019 at 01:19 AM.

Well, even if main Nasuverse isnt a "anything can happed" multiverse, the premise of FHA is a"anything can happen" multiverse and Avenver actually has to make everything happen, cuz he's having a hard time convincing Bazet otherwise.

So Rider making Ayako uncomfortable is ,on some level, just marking a check box.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Technically, even Hollow isn't an "anything can happen" universe; Kirei, for instance, is dead.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; February 4th, 2019 at 03:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    The hotdog scene, where Cu starts flirting with the track team and Shirou tells Himuro to feed him a hotdog, and tell him what it is after he eats it, if she felt Cu was putting too much pressure on them:

Hotdog scene: https://youtu.be/jqK2OTxrYAk?t=3975

I think there are three of those types of cringey scenes. One is on the morning of the training camp at the temple, and another is at the house when Ayako comes over to discuss it with Sakura. The third is when Ayako is picking up some flowers for a sick classmate wnd talking with Lancer.

The 4th time is a reference, when Ayako is teasing Shirou about if she's not good enough because he has been "spoiled" by Saber, Sakura, & Rin, and then Shirou says if she's more into the beautiful type, he could bring Rider to meet Ayako instead, which sort of makes Ayako nervous. Shirou even mentions it as Ayako's one "weakness":

Ayako-Shirou interaction (Shirou mentions Rider): https://youtu.be/89qOJik3TXw?t=1408
    Ayako-Lancer Flower scene (Rider appears): https://youtu.be/wszfe7Olq_M?t=717
    Ayako-Rider interaction (house): https://youtu.be/Drs2Y3gDSVg?t=395
    Ayako-Rider interaction (temple): https://youtu.be/fuP-b8QRcoU?t=965
    Yeah, in Hollow Shirou is definitely more smartassy, see the Lancer hotdog business. But as I said before, all the dirty laundry is in a cease fire.
    The diary scene at the Matous although funny, had cringy moments like Shirou not saying anything when Shinji was messing around in Sakura's underwear drawer and going "who them bobs be sure big now" which is cringy for obvious reasons.
    Zouken is off in the woods metaphorically for the most part, but gets his shots in too.

So all in all, its skirting the line by making a world where things were tense and joking about the circumstances. Not quite to the extent of Carnival Phantasm, but acting as if the characters had a cease fire, you do get the sense of "if you pull the trigger, so will I" many times.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar

Overbearing comic relief anime lesbians are among the worst things humanity has created.

Yeah, in Hollow Shirou is definitely more smartassy, see the Lancer hotdog business. But as I said before, all the dirty laundry is in a cease fire.
    The diary scene at the Matous although funny, had cringy moments like Shirou not saying anything when Shinji was messing around in Sakura's underwear drawer and going "who them bobs be sure big now" which is cringy for obvious reasons.
    Having read the scene in question, Shirou points out in the narration how if anyone ever took a picture of them while Shinji was doing his thing, they would have to do their bidding for the rest of their life, and then tells Shinji to quit fooling around.

I don't quite know if that's quite letting Shinji get away with it but it does seem Shirou does get testy with Shinji about wasting time there:

So all in all, its skirting the line by making a world where things were tense and joking about the circumstances. Not quite to the extent of Carnival Phantasm, but acting as if the characters had a cease fire, you do get the sense of "if you pull the trigger, so will I" many times.
    True. I guess I was just hoping Rider might get a "talking to" about that by Sakura.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Technically, even Hollow isn't an "anything can happen" universe; Kirei, for instance, is dead.
    I was under the impression that it was like all possible outcomes of the Grail War, and Kirei's dead because even if he'd won, that'd mean Angra Mainyu kills almost everyone and he wasn't one who would make the cut.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    If I recall it correctly, it's more like Kirei's death at the fifth war is a fixed point time.

Know what we know of FGO, would Kirei's death be a quantum time lock?

Blog Entries
    It’s not really fixed like that since clearly there are worlds where he’s still up and kicking in the present day, it’s just that any timeline where Zero happens sets a timer for him that runs out in the fifth war

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    By multiverse i was trying to refer to that multiverse theory of "every coinflip, every person going left instead of right, creates a new timeline/universe that explores that outcome to the end"

Since Kirei isnt alive at the start of our multiversal splits, he also cant be alive during said multiverse cuz he just isnt a variable that can change...

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    By multiverse i was trying to refer to that multiverse theory of "every coinflip, every person going left instead of right, creates a new timeline/universe that explores that outcome to the end"

Since Kirei isnt alive at the start of our multiversal splits, he also cant be alive during said multiverse cuz he just isnt a variable that can change...
    But Apocryoha reveals in the side mats that he is still alive there, just empty and lacking due to no Grail War occurring in Fuyuki.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Because Zero doesn't happen there.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    But Apocryoha reveals in the side mats that he is still alive there, just empty and lacking due to no Grail War occurring in Fuyuki.
    Direct statement from FHA is something like " in exchange for surviving the 4th grail war, he was guarateed death in the 5th"

So every Kirei that participates in the 4th and only those, are 100%dead after 5th. So unless Apo had a 4th fuyuki war didnt hear about cuz i only saw anime and read first volume, And also a 5th one to kill him,then Apo Kirei is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck, the FHA statement only says he dies in the 5th IF he survives, his survival in the 4th is still up to luck