Page 335 of 388 FirstFirst ... 235285325330333334335336337340345385 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I’m on a bike though dude
    Team of Pokemon Professors then
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Honestly, the fact that Sheba is a bit of a doof is means it gives rise to the image of her and Solomon being dorks together and that's adorable
    You make a good argument.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    robots don't write Ecclesiastes.
    What if Goetia wrote Ecclesiastes

no, seriously.

Blog Entries
    finally someone hits on the obvious. an interesting thought, though on the whole unsupported

the issue remains that solomon's sins - inter alia being turned away from God toward idolatry by foreign women - and the subsequent split of the Kingdom under his son's reign are a key part of the biblical account and entirely inexplicable of a godrobot

inb4 'but goetia' - this is the problem right? at this rate there is no reason for the character called Solomon to be called Solomon. not only is TM's epistemology laughable, they're not even competent at using it
    Last edited by Dullahan; June 23rd, 2019 at 01:29 AM.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    finally someone hits on the obvious. an interesting thought, though on the whole unsupported

the issue remains that solomon's sins - inter alia being turned away from God toward idolatry by foreign women
    a slavish fan of Japanese i.e. foreign women literally called idols
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

New character in FGO wasn't researched and explored thoroughly or fails to live up to their real world figure

I am truly shooketh

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    magi mari deepest lore

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Plot hole debunked, next

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar

the issue remains that solomon's sins - inter alia being turned away from God toward idolatry by foreign women - and the subsequent split of the Kingdom under his son's reign are a key part of the biblical account and entirely inexplicable of a godrobot

inb4 'but goetia' - this is the problem right? at this rate there is no reason for the character called Solomon to be called Solomon. not only is TM's epistemology laughable, they're not even competent at using it
    Interesting that Solomon is the character hill you're willing to die on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I'm pretty sure Dully's stance on Servants is that they've always been shit representations of the history/legend behind them and so on. Doubt Solomon stands out in particular, aside from just being the current topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

True, but his whole Solomon thing comes across as distinctly more impassioned and personal than his criticism of other Servants, which sounds a bit more detached.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I maintain that a kooky off the wall interpretation will almost always beat slavish devotion to the actual lore of each Servant. All the historical accuracy people need lighten the hell up.

Obviously the ideal is having both but this is anime not high literature.

I understand this intellectually, but for the Hindu Servants at least, I can't help but want a more accurate representation, especially since some Servants are quite off the walls in their original legends without help.

I'm with bloble on this, it's nice seeing some amount of reflection between these fictional servants and their real life ( real fiction?) counterparts, but they shouldn't be purely just that

If they were the exact same, we wouldn't have had these stories, though I suppose some of you would definitely prefer that

- - - Updated - - -

The Hindu servants have this tricky thing to work them into a setting, considering their feats and the happenings in their myths

By these stories, you mean TM/Fate works? Also, as I said previously, some Servants are wacko enough to fit right in without any alterations, so there's that. Honestly, I understand the need/use for alterations, and I actually love the Ur-Genderbend of this series, that of Artoria, but I just want the source material to be respected enough. What that means is wholly subjective and changes depending on Servant to Servant, but still...

- - - Updated - - -

Also will admit the Hindu Servants are tricky to balance. One thing I would like is if Vishnu and Shiva get wanked to the same level as Golden Fox because frankly, Shaivites and Vaishnavites have already done the work just as Buddhists did for Tammy/Golden Fox.

I do mean Fate works yes, as opposed to the re-release of tsuki or the highly wanted original work that won't do as well as Fate

and personally I don't think you should care too much about power and the power of gods, considering how most powerful entities are treated with far less interest because and level with me

it's more fun to watch them fall

Kind of agree, but despite how not devout I am, it is still my religion that I grew up with and with gods I occasionally worship at home or at the temple.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I find it kind of funny how, although Saber being female is the biggest twist on the myth, the finer details of her backstory aren't wholly accurate to the traditional tales told, either. The broad strokes line up, but the major elements of her personality and the nature of the happenings as they occur aren't 1:1. Nor would I want it like that, in a world where the supernatural and superhuman powers existed/exist.

I do believe that there's a winning formula to this. 2:1, or 3:1. 2 parts "kooky"/atypical, to get that uniqueness in there to distinguish the character from other takes, past and future, and 1 part adhering to the tradition. I'm a T-M fan because of the T-M elements, after all.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ What does "accuracy" even mean in regards to Arthurian myth which was retold so many times in multiple languages lol.

I was thinking about this the other day in regards to Bedivere. FGO did his legend to the letter, but at the same time I feel like they missed the point of him at the end of the day.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

@SirGau

I'd reply more regarding religion and extra importance laid on what X or Y person worships, but I'd rather not jump into a religious debate

instead I'll leave my closing thoughts for now, which is that having favourites is fine, but understand that just because you place importance on some figure doesn't mean that they'll get such treatment, and that Fate works focus more on 'human' themes, and it's heroes generally have a more 'human' element because of it. Boat loads of power tends to make people, inhumane, at least thats the impression I get.