Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    peak type-moon fashion sense is Tohno "sex shirt" Shiki

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    no-one drawn by takeuchi circa 2004 or prior is remotely stylish.
    Arcueid and Akiha

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I cannot agree that original Arcueid looks stylish because it goes against my vision of Tsukihime as a work of visual minimalism where Arcueid is meant to look out of place.

Akiha is very stylish though, especially the drunk sprite. I mean if I was a giraffe that's how I'd dress.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    It's not that no fur coats can be stylish, but Gilgamesh's most definitely isn't!
    I agree, Medb definitely rocks fur better than his pimp coat.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Medb also has that abomination of a wool bikini tho

US Friend Code
    a hoe never gets cold

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also she's probably not wearing that underwear long enough for it to start to itch.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    You know what? Fate/Zero loses all credibility it had during the whole Banquet of Kings stuff simply because of how it overly-glorifies the one guy whose "ideology" sounds like a bandit leader's.

Yeah, fuck Iskandar. "The King must be greedier than any other, laugh louder than any other", like am I seriously supposed to believe that some random peasant might see Iskandar drinking the finest wines and eating the best food and think "hot damn, I love this dude" instead of "that piece of shit can only have that because of our hard work"?

"To conquer but not humiliate" again, what the fuck does this mean? Am I supposed to believe that all the people of the Persian Empire just saw big dick Iskandar strolling through their country with his army and thought "hot damn, I love this dude" instead of "my entire family is dead, you asshole".

You want to prop Iskandar up? Okay, go ahead, but stop sucking his dick as if that's what every leader should be ffs. He was a great man but a shit king. He's lucky he didn't live to govern the shit he conquered or history wouldn't remember him as kindly as it does now. "Alexander conquered the Persian Empire" sounds good. "Alexander conquered the Persian Empire but then couldn't keep it together for 2 years" doesn't sound as good.
    Fate/Zero doesn't doesn't tell you what to think about Iskandar just because the banquet was tough on little righteous Saber. It definitely doesn't tell you he's a good guy.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Iskander's position is made clear by the fact that his argument during the whole scene hinges on him yelling "LALALA I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU", and then pointing fingers seemingly at random till he sticks on a point that makes Saber think "holy shit, could I have been wrong?" and then walks away before she can think through his point and think up a comeback.

He isn't glorified in that scene, though I love how Uro, that mad genius, manages to pass off the dude whose wish for the Grail is WW3 as "ahaha look at the antics of that rascal and his midget little brother".
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Do you think that a thousand years from now our successors will:

a) still debate the banquet of kings using the exact same arguments from a millennium ago
    b) have passed down increasingly distorted recollections of the scene and the arguments from one generation to the next until their contemporary versions bear no resemblance to the originals
    c) ritually reenact the mythological dialogues of their ancestors even after society collapses and time erodes all knowledge of the textual and cultural context
    d) have truncated and condensed the arguments by way of infinite recursion until they reach the shortest possible summary of "no u"

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Considering we have 2700 years old texts preserved
    I don't expect the banquet of kings to be going anywhere anytime soon

Blog Entries
    Nope. We've got the novels thanks, and both physical and digital records. I'd be amazed if there isn't someone who's printed out the text files of FSN and HA as well, for that matter, assuming there aren't continued digital copies of it.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In 1000 years the scattered remnants of humanity will be too busy fighting each other for access to the last oasis of clean water on Earth while avoiding the plague-beasts that roam the scorched deserts to bother debating about ancient literature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

I really don't like nasu wanting me to sympathize with antagonists after a certain point, especially when he reuses the reasons as to why there bad.
    After a certain point it just feels stupid, no I dont care for the reasons of zouken doing what he didnor do i care about how talented he was because we will never see his prime so stop trying to make him important.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    In 1000 years the scattered remnants of humanity will be too busy fighting each other for access to the last oasis of clean water on Earth while avoiding the plague-beasts that roam the scorched deserts to bother debating about ancient literature.
    You wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    You wish.
    We'll do even more of it then!

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I really don't like nasu wanting me to sympathize with antagonists after a certain point, especially when he reuses the reasons as to why there bad.
    After a certain point it just feels stupid, no I dont care for the reasons of zouken doing what he didnor do i care about how talented he was because we will never see his prime so stop trying to make him important.
    Well, Zouken IS important, regardless of whether you like him or not. He is arguably the most dangerous antagonist in F/SN.

Quote Originally Posted by Benderesco View Post
    Well, Zouken IS important, regardless of whether you like him or not. He is arguably the most dangerous antagonist in F/SN.
    Oh yeah in some areas but a lot of it feels post ad-hoc to make him MORE important if that makes sense, like making him friends to multiple servants in life, having his book appear in case files and so on.