Page 368 of 388 FirstFirst ... 268318358363366367368369370373378 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,360 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    How does that in any way contradict it when it's still he himself saying it?
    That's the problem- he's not saying he's just "pretending to be retarded" he's clearly stating that "he's always been retarded!"
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

It's almost like people who pretend to be something won't just tell you outright they're pretending because that ruins the whole point of pretending in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    I mean...

I'm not saying that Hector is definitely a coward, but he did run away in different occasions.
    You need to consider the narrative in situations like this. Hector has just slain Patroclus and (after a VERY fierce battle) succeeded in taking the prized arms of Achilles off his corpse. Glaucus here is half-irrationally pleading to fight for Sarpedon (himself a gloryhound) 's body, half-irresponsibly believing they can end the war now by, as he says, taking Patroclus' body and putting it on display at the walls. Hector here is displaying his virtue of prudence, knowing when and where to retreat with your victory intact (he does the same when the Trojan army overextends earlier, if memory serves). Granted, he's not famed for his valor in the same way as the monstrous Ajax or the peerless Achilles (despite being the best warrior on the Trojan side, bar maybe his brother Dieiphobos and a couple others). His fame lies in fighting to win -not in the vein of "fight dirty and do whatever it takes" as it seems Nasu has taken it, but fighting to end the war and save the city rather than for glory or plunder like most of his enemies. He is perhaps the most humble of the heroes of the Iliad, despite being a prince and the heir of Troy.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

If I go around pretending I'm a master chef because the trauma and bad memories of my horrible cooking has scarred me deeply and I don't want to associate with that, I'm not gonna tell you "yeah I'm only pretending I'm great at cooking, I'm not REALLY good obviously" because that would defeat the whole purpose of pretending in the first place. It doesn't matter if the (written) records clearly show I'm shit at cooking because I'm pretending for the exact reason that I don't want to be like what is written.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

It's almost like people who pretend to be something won't just tell you outright they're pretending because that ruins the whole point of pretending in the first place.
    >Character acts in a certain way
    >Character claims that he's always acted that way
    >None of the other characters who knew him ever dispute that he's always acted this way
    >Clearly he's pretending!

As I've said before, even if that's the intent, if you only ever tell and never actually show you might as well not bother. Call Tamamo a jackal if you want, she's still saying "Kon kon" in her voicelines.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; November 6th, 2020 at 01:09 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Odysseus is probably the worst thing to have ever come out of FGO on multiple levels.
    Scherezade.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I legitimately don't see any problems with her.

She's a novel and yet logical take on a known legend that deviates from the norm that has some fridge logic attached to it. It makes her more than just a story, and makes her feel like a person that could come from such a story.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Make him into a weasely and plain cowardly "sketchy ossan" cliche for the memes
    The main problem with GO, characterization-wise, is this, everyone becomes, sooner or later, a living meme one way or another.

Chaldea is subjected to so much Flanderization they should just rename it Springfield already.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    The main problem with GO, characterization-wise, is this, everyone becomes, sooner or later, a living meme one way or another.

Chaldea is subjected to so much Flanderization they should just rename it Springfield already.
    please tell that to hungry king and red chef.

Homer servant when

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

She's a novel and yet logical take on a known legend that deviates from the norm that has some fridge logic attached to it. It makes her more than just a story, and makes her feel like a person that could come from such a story.

Now I haven't looked into Ody because NA hasn't gotten there yet, but it sounds like they're mostly focusing on his most famous accomplishment. Which is something they've done before, especially with the lower rarity servants. Schez is a complete 180 of the character, like having her be afraid of dying is a neat thing, but to make her a shivering coward? The person who bullshitted a homicidal monarch daily for three years and got away in the end? It's like if you made Achilles into an asthmatic nerd.

Then there's her character design with the watermelon boobs even worse than Raiko.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code

Not just an FGO problem. A lot of long running franchises turn older characters into memes. Look at Akihiko and Chie from Persona 3 and Persona 4 respectively. Akihikio had a character, but later spin-offs took his gym-obsessed trait and ran with it. Chie on the other hand is the steak-obsessed girl now. Any character depth they had is nowhere to be seen outside their first games. Everything else devolved into meme-territory.

Blog Entries
    makes you think
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Reminder that in the Iliad many of the heroes ran away from battles they knew they couldn't win (or at least deliberately avoided it, which feels like a distinction without a difference) because, funnily enough, *no one wanted to die* - and when you read the Odyssey, you can see why.

She looks like a horse
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Not just an FGO problem. A lot of long running franchises turn older characters into memes. Look at Akihiko and Chie from Persona 3 and Persona 4 respectively. Akihikio had a character, but later spin-offs took his gym-obsessed trait and ran with it. Chie on the other hand is the steak-obsessed girl now. Any character depth they had is nowhere to be seen outside their first games. Everything else devolved into meme-territory.
    Oof, you had to bring up those two painful Persona examples. But you’re right.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Reminder that in the Iliad many of the heroes ran away from battles they knew they couldn't win (or at least deliberately avoided it, which feels like a distinction without a difference) because, funnily enough, *no one wanted to die* - and when you read the Odyssey, you can see why.
    Hush, Spoony. How are we going to have our “we die like men” jokes if we run with that?
    Last edited by Huralok; November 6th, 2020 at 05:56 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    She looks like a horse
    if thats what horses look like then i definitely want to fuck a horse

I don't blame you
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    True but usually thats in a different installment, not flanderizing them after a brief story which FGO does

What's the difference in this case between a long-running franchise with multiple individual installments and a long-running single game that effectively functions as a franchise in and of itself by virtue of releasing multiple installments of stories, some connected and some not?
    Ugh cokesakto no no no