Page 369 of 388 FirstFirst ... 269319359364367368369370371374379 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,380 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Now I haven't looked into Ody because NA hasn't gotten there yet, but it sounds like they're mostly focusing on his most famous accomplishment.
    That's not the case at all. The Trojan Horse is his gameplay Noble Phantasm, and that's as far as it goes. The only time I can remember it being referenced in any story is Avicebron's interlude. Out of Odysseus' two Noble Phantasms, Troia Hipos is by VERY FAR the lesser of two evils.

What his actual characterization focuses on is his harem LN protagonist-like status, Calypso, Circe, and Nausicaa all falling for him despite his absolute unwavering loyalty to Penelope. He's portrayed as a completely nice man with no filter for complimenting others, causing ladies to assume he's interested in them. That's a terrible take on Oddy for multiple reasons, but one-noteness isn't one of them.

US Friend Code
    Speaking of Ody-Man. What's the status between him and Circe? I remember the 4chan anon who was heartbroken by the fact that she might get back together with him or whatever. Odysseus obviously stans his wife, but what does Circe think of him?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    if thats what horses look like then i definitely want to fuck a horse
    I have just the monstergirl for you.
    *Points at sig*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Reminder that in the Iliad many of the heroes ran away from battles they knew they couldn't win (or at least deliberately avoided it, which feels like a distinction without a difference) because, funnily enough, *no one wanted to die* - and when you read the Odyssey, you can see why.
    You mean Nekyia, I assume?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Speaking of Ody-Man. What's the status between him and Circe? I remember the 4chan anon who was heartbroken by the fact that she might get back together with him or whatever. Odysseus obviously stans his wife, but what does Circe think of him?
    He very firmly rejected her and she cut her hair at the end of the event and moved on

- - - Updated - - -

She basically still held a lot of mixed feelings, and those feelings will probably still linger, but she's gotten her closure

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    She looks like a horse
    Fair, she's not pretty to look at and bad coomerbait imo.

But I can say that of Raikou as well and Raikou went from super meh to pretty ok with her interlude stuff imo.

Don't need to be able to jack it to every female character I guess.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huralok View Post
    Hush, Spoony. How are we going to have our “we die like men” jokes if we run with that?
    Hah! Well, to be honest, I can never read that phrase again without being reminded of the Best Fic Title Ever: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post2568583

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    You mean Nekyia, I assume?
    Yep! From Butler's translation:

" 'Say not a word,' [Achilles] answered, 'in death's favor; I would rather be a paid servant in a poor man's house and be above ground than king of kings among the dead. [...]' "

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Fair, she's not pretty to look at and bad coomerbait imo.

But I can say that of Raikou as well and Raikou went from super meh to pretty ok with her interlude stuff imo.

Don't need to be able to jack it to every female character I guess.
    Isn't the issue a lot of people have with Scheherazade vs Raikou mostly more that Scheherazade was introduced as some sort of super coward compared to her (possibly] more dignified legend self?

I can see why people may feel more disgruntled with her, if they feel she is OOC or something.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    She's responsible for Agartha, one of the most reviled if not THE most reviled part of the game, plus she's willing to selfishly throw others under the train just to fulfill her own cowardly wish, so there's that too.

She doesn't have the bombastic charisma of previous antagonists and when she's servile she flips that switch of dislike most people have when faced with blatant toadies and bootlickers, and that makes her even more annoying.

Agartha, one of the most reviled if not THE most reviled part of the game
    In what circles? I hardly ever see anyone even mention Agartha, and when they do it basically amounts to "yeah it's my least favorite EoR" or talking about the fetish stuff being bad, but it's always quickly followed up by "dae septem bad"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    I can see why people may feel more disgruntled with her, if they feel she is OOC or something.
    She's like Apo!Jack. Good in concept. Poor in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Isn't the issue a lot of people have with Scheherazade vs Raikou mostly more that Scheherazade was introduced as some sort of super coward compared to her (possibly] more dignified legend self?

those people are the annoying thing in TM aren't they.

She's responsible for Agartha, one of the most reviled if not THE most reviled part of the game, plus she's willing to selfishly throw others under the train just to fulfill her own cowardly wish, so there's that too.

She doesn't have the bombastic charisma of previous antagonists and when she's servile she flips that switch of dislike most people have when faced with blatant toadies and bootlickers, and that makes her even more annoying.
    Ultimately a character being dislikeable, or not completely admirable doesn't make them a bad character.

A lot of people hate Schez, a lot of them for emotional or immediate/surface reactions (Romani, enemy, so on) [This is really different from my idea of Shez] but what, if anything makes her a bad character, or a bad Schez I guess is the question?

I argue very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    What, if anything makes her a bad character, or a bad Schez I guess is the question?
    I don't really have an opinion on Schez in particular, but generally speaking I think the problem is "not a bad Schez" is a much higher bar to clear than "not a bad character". If someone is really invested in a mythological hero, and the Servant differs too much from the original myth, then the Servant just being a mediocre or average character is enough to be a dealbreaker for them.

It's one thing if your favorite hero was changed from the myth, but their new personality is sufficiently novel and complex to make the Servant a great character in their own right. There were Servants like that as far back as Stay Night, and they've generally been pretty popular. But when your favorite hero gets changed from the myth, and their new personality is just a boring light novel cliché, I can see why that would be disappointing.

I mean if guess the question is. What makes her rendition in fate generic versus her original sort of normal take?

I find this a lot more novel and rare rather than tried and generic.

She's annoying to listen is my beef with her, no matter how interesting her writing is in theory, though that applies to every character barring Wu in Agartha for me

"Why yes Schez, do please tell me for the hundredth time ever how much you don't want to die and how much death scares you" /s

Like damn, stfu
    Last edited by mami-kouga; November 9th, 2020 at 03:28 AM.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Making Inoue Kikuko annoying to hear should be a crime against mankind.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As Mami said, Agartha characters are written with very repetitive one-note dialogue, and Scheherazade sticks out the most because she's got a second main story appearance in Oo'oku, and there she remains just as repetitive as she always, while ever other Oo'oku character speaks like normal.

Fair fair.

Still, I suppose I'd say that while the execution wasn't great, I wouldn't say it makes her a bad character (In Agartha specifically) at least.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    As Mami said, Agartha characters are written with very repetitive one-note dialogue, and Scheherazade sticks out the most because she's got a second main story appearance in Oo'oku, and there she remains just as repetitive as she always, while ever other Oo'oku character speaks like normal.
    Hey, I protest. Both Wu Zetian and Penthesilea had a lot more personality than that.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll agree with you on Zetian only. She's the best thing to come out of Agartha by a huge margin.