Page 60 of 388 FirstFirst ... 10505558596061626570110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    TG and Sandanzuki got promoted in FGO too. Because reasons. And ease of gameplay. Just like some NPs got downgraded to skills, because reasons, and ease of gameplay.

I dunno what's so unclear about it. No Second Strike ought to even clarify it, since they point out "he's peak bajiquan, able to do NSS, which is embodiment of his technique."

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But tsubame gaeshi also said to be kojiro's pinnacle of swordsmanship yet it aint NP. i mean, its even one of his most famous anecdote irl

Meanwhile, Billy's anecodte of triple firing super fast classified as NP. Its just weird some got NP status some doesnt

you can more or less reverse extrapolate it but in the end, the drawn line aint clear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    No Second Strike is kind of a weird case since it's listed as an NP despite technically not being one.
    It has 対人宝具 in its extra mats entry orogonally

Meanwhile tsubame gaeshi and sandanzuki only has 対人魔剣, and still does in the mats
    Last edited by castor212; May 21st, 2017 at 01:20 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I'm confused. In Extra and FSN, NSS and TG are both not-NPs. In FGO, they are. They're the same thing. Is it about that?

If its just "but Kojirou's famous for TG and Shuwen is famous for NSS, why not NP" then, well, you have the skill tree idea is that they're an embodiment or expression of a style of combat rather than an anecdote given form. NPs are replications of myth given form.

It sorta ties into the fact that Kojirou isn't Kojirou, yet knows the real thing's technique. This is in contrast to Herk's Nine Lives or Cu's thrown Gae Bolg, which are also techniques, but unique to them. NSS is the core concept of a martial art, so, allocate all your skill points there and you can do it maybe. Allocate all your skill points to spearfighting or lazor dragon bows and you won't Gae Bolg or Nine Lives.

Basically, TG or NSS is that case in a D&D game where, to get the feat whirlwind attack you have to first get a bunch of other feats first to qualify. Nine Lives or Gae Bolg isn't something on the sheet, though, but that one time when you cheesed the system and shot brilliant energy shots from your bow and rolled nat 20 three times in a row and then you used a Wish spell to be able to repeat that feat once per day as your signature move because fuck the DM, you're motherfucking Herakles.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I'm confused. In Extra and FSN, NSS and TG are both not-NPs. In FGO, they are. They're the same thing. Is it about that?

If its just "but Kojirou's famous for TG and Shuwen is famous for NSS, why not NP" then, well, you have the skill tree idea is that they're an embodiment or expression of a style of combat rather than an anecdote given form. NPs are replications of myth given form.

It sorta ties into the fact that Kojirou isn't Kojirou, yet knows the real thing's technique. This is in contrast to Herk's Nine Lives or Cu's thrown Gae Bolg, which are also techniques, but unique to them. NSS is the core concept of a martial art, so, allocate all your skill points there and you can do it maybe. Allocate all your skill points to spearfighting or lazor dragon bows and you won't Gae Bolg or Nine Lives.

Basically, TG or NSS is that case in a D&D game where, to get the feat whirlwind attack you have to first get a bunch of other feats first to qualify. Nine Lives or Gae Bolg isn't something on the sheet, though, but that one time when you cheesed the system and shot brilliant energy shots from your bow and rolled nat 20 three times in a row and then you used a Wish spell to be able to repeat that feat once per day as your signature move because fuck the DM, you're motherfucking Herakles.
    please tell me you actually did that
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    It has 対人宝具 in its extra mats entry orogonally

Meanwhile tsubame gaeshi and sandanzuki only has 対人魔剣, and still does in the mats
    Okay, now I get what you're saying. Shuwen's the case where he does something like the Herk example, but had to get all the feats in the first place.

Now you have the monk that can do this massive damage hit with a bunch of feats. Shuwen is then the guy that did that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    please tell me you actually did that
    There has been a time where we've fought a boss, someone went up, hit them with 3 nat 20s in a row to murderize them, and then decided he was going to build his character around trying to replicate that as best as he could, but we then party wiped two adventures later so he never got the chance.

Blog Entries
    I'm confused. In Extra and FSN, NSS and TG are both not-NPs. In FGO, they are. They're the same thing. Is it about that?.
    Eh? NSS has always been categorized as 対人宝具 tho, even in Extra? Meanwhile TG is still, despite being put in the NP zection, 対人魔剣. They arent the same. NSS has always neen technique turning into NP to begin with.

Herk example
    So this?
    for that comparison, would things like no second strike or thunderer be a skill in a skill tree but got Legendary Heroic Feats quest upgrade reward and got promoted to be more than just a skill
    - - - Updated - - -

You see, its the fact that things like Thunderer, Billy's NP which is an anecdote and a skill he does in real life, qualifies as NP, while TG and Sandanzuki, which is basically the same thing but maybe even greater, isnt, that annoys me.

Or stuffs like NSS, which is all skill point poured to Baji quan skill tree embodied the feat of killing an enemy in a single strike, qualifies as NP, whereas TG, which is all skill point poured to swordsmanship skill tree embodied a triple slashes unblockable by the enemy, doesnt qualify.

I hope you see my points. Its just unclear which qualifies and which doesnt.
    Last edited by castor212; May 21st, 2017 at 02:20 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    But can anyone else be Billy the Kid firing the gun? Can anyone else be Li Shuwen doing his OPM? Meanwhile, Tsubame Gaeshi can be done by a random farmer. It might be different if there was a real Kojirou, in which case it might be "Sasaki Kojirou swings his sword."

Blog Entries
    Then can anyone else be Okita doing triple trust.
    Last edited by castor212; May 21st, 2017 at 02:30 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, his name is Seta Soujirou

But seriously, the hirazuki moves were Shinsengumi wide and Okita wasn't even the one that devised it so

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Musashi might.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Blog Entries
    Yeah, his name is Seta Soujirou

But seriously, the hirazuki moves were Shinsengumi wide and Okita wasn't even the one that devised it so
    Ye but does anyone else other than her thrust three times at the same time and breakdown reality and causality

This is "real Okita thrusting her sword." Just like NSS, her genius plus training and hardwork at putting all those skill points to the tennen rishin ryu skill tree. Yes, anybody with dedication can do that. But then through all that she managed to do triple thrust that breakdown reality and causality.

Now you have the swordswoman that can do this ignore armor value damage hit with a bunch of feats.

Pretty singular feat, if you ask me, yet it aint NP

I know that the outlier is like, only 2, TG and SZK, but it still annoys me. The line aint clear.
    Last edited by castor212; May 21st, 2017 at 02:34 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Ye but does anyone else other than her thrust three times at the same time and breakdown reality and causality
    I dunno, wait until the other dozen noteworthy Shinsengumi show up

Watch Saitou do it in two hits

Watch Hijikata do it with a gun

- - - Updated - - -

Watch Serizawa do it drunken fist style

Blog Entries
    Watch until a dozen noteworthy gunmen show up and do Billy's deed but with 5 shots instead of 3. Watcj it as they do it with a rifle. Watch it as Calamity Jane do it striptease style.

Its discrimination to our 2 japanese swordsman, says I.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Watch Sano do it with a fist because sanjou no kiwami and come full circle with the joke

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it discrimination? It's actually just saying they're even more OP because this isn't something they need to pump magical energy into to do, they can just spam it whenever they want and/or aren't coughing to death

Blog Entries
    Thunderer can also be spammed. Virtually it aint any different than TG or SZK

Point is

Where do you draw the line

PreThunderer or prefgo id accept your explanation and interesting D&D metaphor, but now? Psh. Shit's unclear.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, the moves of shooting a gun were wild west wide and Billy wasnt even the one who devise it, yet his is an NP sooo

Kojiro get the excuse of being nameless genius swordsman farmer i stead of Kojiro, ok enough. Not with Okita. If Thunderer qualifies as NP, SZK not qualifying is just weird. The line is just obscure.

Which annoys me.
    Last edited by castor212; May 21st, 2017 at 02:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, that just annoys me even more

Doubly so for snorting out of it

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's worth noting that even Thunderer is said to be closer to a Personal Skill then an NP, even though it's officially listed as the latter.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I mean, the moves of shooting a gun were wild west wide and Billy wasnt even the one who devise it, yet his is an NP sooo
    You misunderstand.

Billy the Kid's NP is "the myth of what happens when Billy the Kid holds this gun and fires."

Sandanzuki is a move of a style. It's not "the myth of what happens when Okita Souji holds this sword and stabs." Maybe if Okita were uniquely synonymous with those moves, it'd be different, like Shuwen being synonymous with bajiquan itself, but yeah, instead you've got all these practitioners with moves from that style. Billy the Kid is pretty synonymous with old west shootouts. Okita isn't even the most famous bakumatsu swordsman and probably not the most famous hirazuki stabber.