Page 362 of 388 FirstFirst ... 262312352357360361362363364367372 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Given how long Mahoyo took to make, for just one of the chapters Nasu wanted to tell in that one story, I very much doubt we're gonna be seeing too much more of that, tbh.
    Was this a reply to me because I don't see what that has to do with I and castor said?
    Last edited by Laserman; May 26th, 2020 at 01:02 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Was this a reply to me because I don't see what that has to do with I and castor said?
    Look at the difference between Tsuki's fight choreography & FSN, then FSN & Mahoyo, and how long it took between each one, and how long Tsuki Re's taken to be made. It'd be great if Nasu wrote more in the way of novels, in which case we might get a new work every year or two, but at most we'll get maybe one more VN work with his style of cool as shit fight scenes.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now that you mention it, I'm surprised that TM hasn't tried to milk more money out of their franchises by making novelisation adaptations out of their pre-existing VNs.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    In case you're even 30% serious, that wouldn't work because of how integral the game format of routes is to the overall narrative of Tsuki and FSN, and how hard that is to sell in novel format to a person that's brainlet enough to actually read it instead of the original. The only reason UBW anime worked is that people literally thought it was the one and only direct sequel to Fate/Zero. Some of them still believe it to this day.

They did, however, make a manga of Tsukihime, and a manga of Fate, and a manga of extra, and etc. They're 'good' if you're obsessed but not really. Same thing as a cheap novelisation in the west, because writing a LN is more like making a direct to Netflix show, it can stain your brand if it's not already comparably trashy.

I like to imagine though, that they gave the Tsuki LN to Meteo.

Blog Entries
    I didn't say it would work, just that I was surprised that TM didn't at least try given the LN boom at the time.

I did enjoy the Tsuki manga though, that was pretty good.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Look at the difference between Tsuki's fight choreography & FSN, then FSN & Mahoyo, and how long it took between each one, and how long Tsuki Re's taken to be made. It'd be great if Nasu wrote more in the way of novels, in which case we might get a new work every year or two, but at most we'll get maybe one more VN work with his style of cool as shit fight scenes.
    I actually hate this because his style of writing combat, while fresh, is trash. And every single Visual Novel writer that came after Nasu copied it because the straight lines of mostly direct speech paced with mumbo jumbo work for short attention spans. If you had a long one, you'd be reading a real book, but the medium of visual novel still sold itself short.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking about the Fate iteration specifically, it's largely present in Tsuki, and Mahoyo combat is just him busting his poetic nut to those cool CGs when editors kept telling him to get to the point everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    In case you're even 30% serious, that wouldn't work because of how integral the game format of routes is to the overall narrative of Tsuki and FSN, and how hard that is to sell in novel format to a person that's brainlet enough to actually read it instead of the original. The only reason UBW anime worked is that people literally thought it was the one and only direct sequel to Fate/Zero. Some of them still believe it to this day.

They did, however, make a manga of Tsukihime, and a manga of Fate, and a manga of extra, and etc. They're 'good' if you're obsessed but not really. Same thing as a cheap novelisation in the west, because writing a LN is more like making a direct to Netflix show, it can stain your brand if it's not already comparably trashy.

I like to imagine though, that they gave the Tsuki LN to Meteo.
    You say that but the Nier: Automata LN exists, so they could very well do it (of course it's shit so if you meant "you can't" in that sense, you are right)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    If you let your title be made worse by a LN, you are lucky if the LN is merely poorly recounting what's already there.

Now let me tell you about Final Fantasy VII: On Za Wei Tu A Smairu, a novel (lol) by Kazushike Nojima which is the founding stone for Final Fantasy VII Expanded Universe, and about every single fanfiction trope found in it. If Advent Children made no sense to you, that's because you didn't read it. But it would make less sense if you did.

After having read the Automata one I think I'll just stay clear of LN adaptations and live in ignorant bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    You haven't lived until you've bought a novel adaptation of an anime adaptation of a novel.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    It could actually work if you treat each route as a separate novel. The hardest parts would be 1) deciding when to actually start the novels, at the start of the game, or the route split, and 2) All the bad ends, (an appendix at the end with footnotes when the end deviates?). Plus any waifu warriors could only buy their heroines book and pretend that all the other routes don't exist. The VN would still be better for having music and SFX, but a book could go more places than your PC.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever noticed that in the UBW anime there were no less than 3 seperate rescue missions (I think there were 2 in the VN), and 3 Lancer death fakeouts.
    I guess that's how Lancer kept coming back in Carnival Phantasm.
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

Blog Entries
    As expected of the Celtic Cockroach.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    I bet he's still in that mansion,
    eating Kirei
    kicking buckets
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    they seriously need to either dial back the Mahoyo visuals, or hire more people. It's absolutely ridiculous that they release 1 VN every ~10 years because of how long it takes to script the visuals. Especially so when they have a queue of announced titles

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    they seriously need to either dial back the Mahoyo visuals, or hire more people. It's absolutely ridiculous that they release 1 VN every ~10 years because of how long it takes to script the visuals. Especially so when they have a queue of announced titles

You're tripping balls if you think the reason for the release taking so long is because of anything other then the fact that F/GO is earning so much money that Takeuchi and Nasu can sleep on a pile of Gold like a fucking Dragon while never having to put any real work in.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But i thought Nasu wanted to tell this story. If not, why even release the first part of it?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

US Friend Code
    I suppose he also wants to have food on his table.

He also wanted to tell Tsukihime 2, as shown by Talk and Prelude, but then Fate/Stay Night started bringing in the big bucks and that got sidelined until the heat death of the universe.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Was it like that? The way I've been told the story, the sentiment was more like "there's not much point to making a sequel to Tsukihime".

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    But i thought Nasu wanted to tell this story. If not, why even release the first part of it?
    He cared about it back then
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3