Page 346 of 388 FirstFirst ... 246296336341344345346347348351356 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,920 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    The character sheets are intrusive onto the narrative because they're meant to be intrusive. It's a way of cheating the reader to their (assumed) benefit. It makes you believe an out of story 'fact' so that you have more expectations to be subverted in the story itself.

wow it would really suck if nasu never intended any of that and the sheets were meant to be taken at face value man imagine being that guy

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    almost like the original sheets were just remnants from a dnd-inspired combat system that never materialized and was then repurposed as a way for our modern day protagonist to conceptualize servant abilites that are themselves almost never referred to in that way in-universe

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It also works because it's vague. Saber isn't level 40 with 15,000 attack and 10,000 HP. Once you start actually quantifying things you ruin the mystique, and give in to power levels and power creep rather than writing to justify antagonists.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Similar to say, Arthurian Legend itself, where who's the most powerful knight can vary from one story to the next. It's a question of wanting consistency over expediency on the part of the author or not.

Removing the mystique results from it, yes... but that's basically a bridge already crossed at this point. They've made enough games that stat Servants in some capacity that it doesn't really matter, imo.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But if you're talking about games, specially RPGs, then obviously you're going to need specific numbers. That doesn't really affect how they're portrayed in the story.

Blog Entries
    Nope. Unless you're using something like a Skill-based, WoD-style model.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    This is tremendously minor and petty, but I hate how many potentially romantic situations in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia are simply left to the viewer's imagination - almost as though Nasu and the other writers didn't feel like writing them.

(SPOILERS AHEAD)

Oh, you can see those sex scenes in Eclipse, right? So I guess you won't mind if we don't show you this oh-so-scandalous scene of Shirou and Rin drinking brandy together... FROM THE SAME GLASS!!!!!!! Oh no no no, that would be too much for your poor little heart, wouldn't it? What about all those pool dates? A lot happened, but we will only give you a glimpse - you are not good enough to see the rest, buddy. And I REALLY hope you didn't think we'd show that little barbecue at Illya's place, because you will get NOTHING.

It's even sadder because when scenes like these ARE shown, they tend to be pretty good - sleeping with Illya (platonically), having a date with Sakura at the castle, teaching Saber how to swim, massaging Rin's shoulders... sigh. So much unrealized potential.
    Last edited by Benderesco; April 8th, 2020 at 12:33 AM.

In a way it's also fitting perhaps because in a way Grail Wars are very much isekai with how servants are.

More of a reverse isekai and all in our world with different eras and fantasy coming into urban fantasy however.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    almost like the original sheets were just remnants from a dnd-inspired combat system that never materialized and was then repurposed as a way for our modern day protagonist to conceptualize servant abilites that are themselves almost never referred to in that way in-universe
    I never thought that the in-universe explanation for them is because of Shirou tbh. He doesn't play games so I highly doubt he plays freaking DnD.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate how many potentially romantic situations in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia are simply left to the viewer's imagination
    Try being a Persona fan.

Blog Entries
    they look like dnd sheets to you?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    getting heartily sick of the oversaturation of some characters (mordred) atm

just feels like 'who do people like? let's use them'
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    getting heartily sick of the oversaturation of some characters (mordred) atm

just feels like 'who do people like? let's use them'
    You pick Mordred of all people? The new CM for Lostbelt 5.2 came a few minutes ago and guess who's back? Fucking Musashi for the millionth time because she's someone's waifu or some shit. Mordred is also there but at least she doesn't show up as often as Musashi.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mordred show up in four main story chapters

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, to me it feels like you don't have any confidence in your writing

Rather than 'Play this, it's really good', it's 'Play this, your Favorite Character(TM) is in it!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I think she's only in this because they're pulling out every single lightning-related character. I doubt she'll get more than a cursory role, tbh. Just going by the CM, we're seeing

Spoiler:
    Edison & Tesla, Raikou, Golden, Fran, Mordred...

This is gonna be a straight up lightning battle royale.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    You pick Mordred of all people? The new CM for Lostbelt 5.2 came a few minutes ago and guess who's back? Fucking Musashi for the millionth time because she's someone's waifu or some shit. Mordred is also there but at least she doesn't show up as often as Musashi.
    Musashi is Nasu's latest pet character. Perpare for Nero Venus level shilling in Olympus.

US Friend Code
    I dunno I think it makes sense to use fan favorites. That said I agree with eddyak that I doubt all those lightning Servants will have major roles just because there's so many of them.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    I never thought that the in-universe explanation for them is because of Shirou tbh. He doesn't play games so I highly doubt he plays freaking DnD.
    It is. Kirei (or Rin) gives him a book that prints out Servant info he has learned, mentioning that different magi might have different ways of understanding and processing that info.

That's the in universe justification for the servant sheets you can access in the VN and why they get updated as the story proceeds.

I mean Shiro is nerd enough to know who Gilgamesh is while everyone else doesn't have a clue, so give the boy some nerd cred

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    ... How old was Shirou when Final Fantasy V came out?

Not even sure why they'd put Mordred in this chapter when Caenis feels like the exact same personality