Page 379 of 385 FirstFirst ... 279329369374377378379380381384 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,580 of 7691

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

  1. #7561
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Servant Marx will save us.
    great, because Goetia and Alien God didn't kill enough people already

  2. #7562
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,756
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    great, because Goetia and Alien God didn't kill enough people already
    Hey if people starve to death due to poor economic planning, that's their fault.

  3. #7563
    muh vampires Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,453
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Wonder how Kadoc with Shakespeare would go honestly.

    That said I think it'd be cool for Shakespeare to have a proper set up with a Kayneth-like mage that can make use of his kit to its actual potential too. Not that we'd get either of course.
    You mean like Kadoc trying to summon a servant in LB6 to help, and getting Shakespeare with massive area boost? That'd be way too clever for DW. Probably better than whatever we're getting.

  4. #7564
    The Greatest Cool Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,673
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293
    Hell yeah give me Shakespeare in a major story role

  5. #7565
    muh vampires Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,453
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    He's also really into fairies and stuff. If he doesn't show up in LB6, it's going to be a massive waste of potential just by default.

  6. #7566
    nicht mitmachen Dullahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AUSTRALIAAARGGH
    Posts
    4,785
    Blog Entries
    5
    LB6 to be split into four parts released over the course of 2021-2022, prease understandu
    いっ
    せい


  7. #7567
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    10,032
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hey, that's two story parts a year, better than the 1 they got this year. That's 100% production increase!

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  8. #7568
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six madarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    You mean like Kadoc trying to summon a servant in LB6 to help, and getting Shakespeare with massive area boost? That'd be way too clever for DW. Probably better than whatever we're getting.
    Is area boost a thing outside personal skills? I thought its just fame boost plus a missconception based on Cu being a nobody outside irish culture sphere and vidja gamez

    And it might just be me but i feel fame boost shouldnt work is false histories unless the servant still existed within said history.

  9. #7569
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,573
    JP Friend Code
    892,001,916
    US Friend Code
    870,360,928
    Yeah, word of god is that heroes definitely get more of a boost the closer to their area of influence they are- Cu might get a castle and chariot, and so on.

    Which kind of makes little sense, seeing as apparently Herc and King Arthur get max fame boost anywhere in the world, as famous as they are, but neither of them seemed to have anything extra, but maybe it just means more NPs for them, rather than lol we've modified ireland so there's a massive castle sitting there for the next 14 days.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP


  10. #7570
    The Plesioth Hip Check of life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    He is, but A) his bank account is currently a pile of sand on the ground and B) he gambled half his paychecks away anyways.
    Who would be stupid enough to gamble against Guda? He managed to luck his way out of the end of the world twice and counting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  11. #7571
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Which kind of makes little sense, seeing as apparently Herc and King Arthur get max fame boost anywhere in the world, as famous as they are, but neither of them seemed to have anything extra, but maybe it just means more NPs for them, rather than lol we've modified ireland so there's a massive castle sitting there for the next 14 days.
    Well,

    Cķ in Ireland = Artoria in Britain = Herk anywhere in Europe

    so unless you think Artoria and Herk are already at the "castle and chariot" level, they presumably get something extra as well in their respective territories.

  12. #7572
    The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,418
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Is area boost a thing outside personal skills? I thought its just fame boost plus a missconception based on Cu being a nobody outside irish culture sphere and vidja gamez

    And it might just be me but i feel fame boost shouldnt work is false histories unless the servant still existed within said history.
    It doesn't, no one ever heard of poor Rama in LB4.
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  13. #7573
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Menwearpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Yeah, word of god is that heroes definitely get more of a boost the closer to their area of influence they are- Cu might get a castle and chariot, and so on.

    Which kind of makes little sense, seeing as apparently Herc and King Arthur get max fame boost anywhere in the world, as famous as they are, but neither of them seemed to have anything extra, but maybe it just means more NPs for them, rather than lol we've modified ireland so there's a massive castle sitting there for the next 14 days.
    It's they get NPs so yeah. It's less just buffs from the land and definitely a case of the servant container being different and buffed when summoned with memories of the land and stuff like that.

    So think of it this way.

    Staging Ground Summoning = Stronger/Better servant class container and more of the heroic spirit in your servant.
    Land Fame Bonus = Support and buffs to your servant for being in the land that supports them.

    You take a servant out of the land they'll lose that support/buffs, but they won't suddenly change their container. Like if you summon Apocrypha Vlad in Romania, he won't suddenly become Extra Vlad if you take him out of it. He will however lose his land fame bonuses.

    It's very likely that Artoria and Herc have some europe land fame bonuses from being summoned in Germany. It certainly explains why Saber under Kiritsugu doesn't suck so much with stats.

    Quote Originally Posted by CM3
    The three factors that affect the status of a Servant are land, recognition, and Master.
    With respect to land and recognition, the closer one is to the land (cultural sphere) that was the stage of the legend of the Heroic Spirit and the more that spirit is known, the stronger he is.
    The meaning of "strong" here is the Servant becoming closer to the strength, equipment of that of the legend. Through this blessing, the addition of another NP is also possible.
    If Chu Chulainn had been summoned in his homeland Ireland, a castle, chariot, protection of sleeplessness, and the like would have been added probably. Also, if the magic energy of the Master is powerful, the Servant will become closer to his strength as in the legend.
    It also specifies summoning, so.
    Last edited by Menwearpink; November 21st, 2020 at 06:49 PM.

  14. #7574
    Isn't that kinda contradicted later in the same entry?

    Quote Originally Posted by CM3
    Because Artoria has served under several Masters, she is a good example for demonstrating the effect that the Master’s magical energy has on Servant Status. Because Shirou’s magical paths were obstructed, Artoria’s ability cannot be called that of the best Servant while having Shirou as her Master. Artoria’s abilities rose when having Kiritsugu as Master. Her luck decreased since even Kiritsugu still could not provide sufficient magical energy, as a result the status was affected by the Master's way of life. When having Rin as a Master, Artoria was able to unleash her original abilities without being affected by the Master.
    Kiritsugu!Saber was summoned in Germany and Rin!Saber was summoned in Japan. Yet Rin!Saber isn't just stronger, she has "her original abilities, unaffected by her Master". What would the point of local fame bonuses even be if a Servant can achieve their "perfect condition" in a different land simply from having a sufficiently strong Master?

    I suspect there may be an implicit "[and the HGW was fought there]" after the line about Cķ being summoned in Ireland.

  15. #7575
    死徒 Dead Apostle OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Concordia Kingdom
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    559
    US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    So thatís what Darnic was aiming for when he relocated Greater Grail from Japan to Romania, to take advantage of Vladís fame boost. That way after he dealt with MA, he could easily defeat other Yggdmillenias once normal HGW resumes.

    Too bad he didnít expect Red Faction to be able to move the Grail away from his territory, thus diminishing Vladís power.
    My current support slots
    Spoiler:

    Shorthand for stacking Buffs
    Spoiler:


  16. #7576
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    10,032
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    Kiritsugu!Saber was summoned in Germany and Rin!Saber was summoned in Japan. Yet Rin!Saber isn't just stronger, she has "her original abilities, unaffected by her Master". What would the point of local fame bonuses even be if a Servant can achieve their "perfect condition" in a different land simply from having a sufficiently strong Master?
    I think the key qualifier in that quote is 'Original Abilities'. I assume that the strength of a mage affects the base stats, and summoning location supercharges that even further.

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  17. #7577
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six forumghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,344
    JP Friend Code
    697363510
    I mean we know that Rin!Saber is Saber capped out, and we know that Kerry!Saber actually has some stats over Rin!Saber (specifically Agility, Endurance and Riding) so yeah, either she had some sort of territory boost, Kerry had the Einzbern fuck with her Container to change her stats, or Urobuchi was too lazy to check her status.

  18. #7578
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Menwearpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,322
    Let’s put it this way. A servant is a cup, and a magus is a pitcher of water.

    let’s say Rin is a super cool (pun intended) magus that’s good enough that her water also has ice in it. She can fill up the cup that’s saber and have really cold water in it.

    Kiritsugu isn’t as good a magus and he has no ice in his water, but this Saber is a better cup that insulates temperature better.

    ok maybe 5 in the morning analogies aren’t good. Tldr Germany saber has a higher base and higher cap, so even though Kiritsugu isn’t filling her completely like Rin could, she’s still as, if not stronger in different ways. Even has a higher rank in her riding last time I checked.

  19. #7579
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,573
    JP Friend Code
    892,001,916
    US Friend Code
    870,360,928
    Saber also isn't a Heroic Spirit like the others are, she most likely wouldn't get the same fame buffs.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP


  20. #7580
    屍食鬼 Ghoul EgoFra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean we know that Rin!Saber is Saber capped out, and we know that Kerry!Saber actually has some stats over Rin!Saber (specifically Agility, Endurance and Riding) so yeah, either she had some sort of territory boost, Kerry had the Einzbern fuck with her Container to change her stats, or Urobuchi was too lazy to check her status.
    Or rather Kiritsugu favoured other stats and skills than Rin in the same way Extra Rin opted for a better Endurance instead of having A rank battle continuation for Cu

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •