Page 382 of 385 FirstFirst ... 282332372377380381382383384 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,640 of 7691

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

  1. #7621
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Huralok View Post
    This. A thousand times this. You’ve summed up my biggest issue with Fate here.
    Essentially they keep on locking a character into a certain familiar role as [insert specific Servant] instead of using the myths to show case all of the mythological/historical figure?

    Like say alwwys showing Heracles as a Berserker instead of showing him in all, for example?

    Essentially the Class Container ideas are way too limiting?

  2. #7622
    We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    If you're going to say
    'Well nerds will eat up anything'
    'Well TM is too big to fail so they can put out anything'
    'looking for meaning in TM of 2020 is a folly just enjoy the pretty pictures'
    Then that's awfully nihilist of you.
    But accurate.

    Reality is just nihilistic sometimes. It happens. Cause/effect relationships don't care about what is 'nihilistic' or not in mankind's view.

    Although I still want to believe fandom will have a tolerance breaking point eventually. It'll probably be more of a fatigue/apathy one rather than any active resentment towards wht the franchise has been turned into though.
    Last edited by OverMaster; November 25th, 2020 at 07:48 PM.

  3. #7623
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Essentially they keep on locking a character into a certain familiar role as [insert specific Servant] instead of using the myths to show case all of the mythological/historical figure?

    Like say alwwys showing Heracles as a Berserker instead of showing him in all, for example?

    Essentially the Class Container ideas are way too limiting?
    I would say its not class containers but its the writers themselves, its why we also bitch bout van gogh or stupid variants as we know we will never see the OG one.

  4. #7624
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,757
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    But accurate.

    Reality is just nihilistic sometimes. It happens. Cause/effect relationships don't care about what is 'nihilistic' or not in mankind's view.

    Although I still want to believe fandom will have a tolerance breaking point eventually. It'll probably be more of a fatigue/apathy one rather than any active resentment towards wht the franchise has been turned into though.
    Kind of makes me wonder when Fate turned from something more from FSN into what it is today.

  5. #7625
    It makes one wonder if people would rather have a plain, but more accurate Servant depiction vs whatever crazy idea that happens to be floating around the office at the time to jazz up said boring Servant variant.

  6. #7626
    妄念 Kamerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Melbourne
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    751
    Blog Entries
    1
    i''d have just plain old pizza than shitfruit jizzapple pizza pls

  7. #7627
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Kind of makes me wonder when Fate turned from something more from FSN into what it is today.
    I've cynically thought that nasu has always been like this, its just his habits got worse and/or he isnt being restrained.

  8. #7628
    I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with inaccurate "crazy idea" Servants. Two of the most well-developed and popular Servants from FSN were "King Arthur was secretly a girl" and "literally someone's OC". The difference with a lot of the new Servants these days is that they don't have an entire route of a lengthy VN devoted to their characterization and development. They have some brief dialogue in one chapter of a mobile game and a couple of pages in a material book. Maybe if they're lucky they also get an interlude in said mobile game with some more brief dialogue to round them out a little.

    Even if a Servant has the potential to be complex and interesting, they're never going to reach that potential if the medium they appear in doesn't allow for it.

  9. #7629
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,137
    I miss the days when "but secretly a girl" was the crazy idea

  10. #7630
    妄念 Kamerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Melbourne
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    751
    Blog Entries
    1
    i miss the days when people can differentiate "original interesting ideas" from "crazy retarded ideas"

  11. #7631
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,326
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    What would be an example of the former?

  12. #7632
    A piece of blue glass moon AmADo VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Yogya
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,020
    you'd think Tsukihime and FSN were not crazy retarded ideas created by a weeb.

  13. #7633
    I'm here for the crazy retarded ideas anyway.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  14. #7634
    妄念 Kamerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Melbourne
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    751
    Blog Entries
    1
    the former often can be considered the latter, but not all the latter can be considered the former

  15. #7635
    We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony246 View Post
    It makes one wonder if people would rather have a plain, but more accurate Servant depiction vs whatever crazy idea that happens to be floating around the office at the time to jazz up said boring Servant variant.
    Normally one doesn't achieve world fame lasting centuries by being 'plain', 'boring' and ordinary, so this is a false dychotomy.

    There are plenty of ways to portray historic and legendary figures as quirky larger than life figures while still being true to their spirits, rather than combining them into entities that are nor fish nor fowl, or turning them into weird contrived variants.

    Most famous people already were oddballs in one fashion or another.

  16. #7636
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    the former often can be considered the latter, but not all the latter can be considered the former
    You just said "often A is B, but often B is A".
    Last edited by Herod; November 26th, 2020 at 11:38 AM.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  17. #7637
    妄念 Kamerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Melbourne
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    751
    Blog Entries
    1
    ? wear your glasses and read it again.

    I'm saying you can often find valuable gems among rocks, but not all rocks are gems, sometimes they stay worthless rocks. People should learn to distinguish the two.

  18. #7638
    リビングデッド Living Dead
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Like say alwwys showing Heracles as a Berserker instead of showing him in all, for example?
    I think, depending on what they do with him, it may be better this way. I do want to see Archer Heracles, but not if that means him in a Speedo or bunnysuit, or an alternate history version of him, or him combined with somebody else, or any other nonsense that has been monkey's pawed into existence for other Servants.

  19. #7639
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,579
    JP Friend Code
    892,001,916
    US Friend Code
    870,360,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
    I think, depending on what they do with him, it may be better this way. I do want to see Archer Heracles, but not if that means him in a Speedo or bunnysuit, or an alternate history version of him, or him combined with somebody else, or any other nonsense that has been monkey's pawed into existence for other Servants.
    This exactly.

    If we had to have edgeturd Alceides instead of actual Herc, for example, I'd rather he just never show up at all. TM's never been shy about twisting the legend, but they always do give us a hint as to what the original might have been like when they do, and stuff like Not Really Van Gogh But With Van Gogh's Name is honestly a letdown. Let her pretend to be Van Gogh, but then EoR reveal her name as whoever she is, don't just go "lol, enjoy, the closest you'll ever see to van gogh/herc is this thing that is not van gogh/herc in any way".
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP


  20. #7640
    I just don't get it, even if it is the "actual Herc" by definition the "actual Herc" by Type-Moon can't be the Herc from the Greeks myth, so what's the point? You will not be satisfied unless the character is carrying a label "this is the real original Herc"? You can't judge a character as good unless is at least for a 75% the copypaste of a 3000 year legend?
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •