Page 355 of 388 FirstFirst ... 255305345350353354355356357360365 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    This is less my own original opinion and more what I saw and I can't help but agree with.

Gilgamesh allegedly has such a strong ego all the worlds evil couldnt alter him yet his mentality bends like a reed in a river to the era he is summoned, that bothers me quite a bit
    I don't see the problem. Having your personality forcibly messed with and changing you mind based on your current circumstances are totally different situations. Why would his strong ego prevent him from having a opinion on modern humanity?

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    That's just Nasu's way to retcon Gil's awfulness in vanilla FSN once he realized people liked the guy.
    Never understood how people could like the guy. FSN's Gilgamesh is a murderous rapist with pretty much no redeeming qualities and absolutely no depth (unlike, say, Kirei). There should be no reason for Nasu to even HAVE to make him palatable because of popular favor, yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Benderesco View Post
    Never understood how people could like the guy. FSN's Gilgamesh is a murderous rapist with pretty much no redeeming qualities and absolutely no depth (unlike, say, Kirei). There should be no reason for Nasu to even HAVE to make him palatable because of popular favor, yet here we are.
    He's hot, he has "chemistry" with Saber, and did I mention he's hot?

Zero made him cool too, I guess.

Idk, Gil just seems boring on every front to me, and his fashion sense is enough to get him executed by Shirou ten times over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Didn't Caenis said (s)he was going to rape Anastasia in front of Kadoc?
    Yet another reason to burn Caenis. Tsk tsk.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Nasu villains would typically turn palatable unless they are killed off, and as Heroic Spirit Gilgamesh doesn't have that escape route.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Indeed. Vanilla FSN Gil, like many other characters in other pieces of media, are written as completely awful people but end up becoming really popular because they're attractive and/or cool/powerful.

Let's look on the bright side. At least Nasu retconning his awfulness and never writing him that way again saved us from the existence of "he did nothing wrong" Gil fans (there's nothing inherently bad about liking a fictional character who's far, far away from being a paragon of virtue. The problem is when stans refuse to acknowledge that their fave is problematic and insist that no, it's every other character who is wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    The Galaxy is on Orion's Belt.
    Watch out for Bugs? And Will Smith?

Blog Entries
    saved us from the existence of "he did nothing wrong" Gil fans
    no it didn't lol
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    FSN's Gilgamesh is a murderous rapist with pretty much no redeeming qualities and absolutely no depth (unlike, say, Kirei).
    Well, yeah. That's why he's so fun.
    I miss that batshit crazy Gilgamesh from Stay Night.

Blog Entries
    Tbh, I still have issues with the idea of him being Chaotic Good, even in the original. I could kind of understand it if the version you summon is a reflection of how society views the figure... but if that's the case, there shouldn't have been a difference in personality between Adult, Teen, and Child Gil.

Extra Gil could, as far as I understand it, be justified as just being a Moon Cell record of the real one, not just a copy warped by mortal perceptions of him.

Actually makes me wonder a bit... if you summoned King Arthur for something where a Holy Grail wasn't offered, would you get Arthur instead of Altria due to the perception effect? But then there's Mo...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post

Gil never once had chemistry with saber.

or rather, Gil having chemistry with saber was like shirou being a progressive and non misogynistic individual.

nasu/uro may have wanted to write it that way but that’s not what actually came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Gil never once had chemistry with saber.

or rather, Gil having chemistry with saber was like shirou being a progressive and non misogynistic individual.

nasu/uro may have wanted to write it that way but that’s not what actually came out.
    I'm just reciting the typical stuff I see from Gil fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Same. I don't really care for him as he is now.

Agree, but its questionable that he turned the first hero of humanity in such a jerk to begin.

Blog Entries
    Barring the Apkallu.
    But yeah, it kind of fits. Young Gil kind of was a dick until the immortality quest ended.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    no it didn't lol
    part of me is sad because I was wrong and those people do exist. another part of me is happy because holy shit I've managed to be in this fandom for 10 years and never come across one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Blog Entries
    part of me is sad because I was wrong and those people do exist. another part of me is happy because holy shit I've managed to be in this fandom for 10 years and never come across one of them.
    I need to hang out wherever you hang out
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post

Idk, Gil just seems boring on every front to me, and his fashion sense is enough to get him executed by Shirou ten times over.
    His "chemistry" with Saber amounts to "he really wants to rape her and she'd rather cut his dick off and feed it to the wolves". I know you are being sarcastic, but there are several people that genuinely believe they are charming together, which is what I find so disturbing.

I also find him tremendously boring. Plus, I can't really understant people who think he's "hot". His armored appearance in F/SN makes him seem like a carnival version of Gon Freecss, and his casual outfit looks like something a boy band singer trying to enter a Hell's Angels chapter would wear.

Zero made him "cool", but that is pretty much the kind of retconning people were talking about T_T. Personally, I find him insuferable even in Zero. The only version of Gilgamesh I do not loathe is Young Gil.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I mean, yeah, he's fun as long as he's portrayed as a villain - the kind of character that you love to hate. And even then, he is tremendously uninteresting when compared to villains with actual depth, such as Kotomine Kirei. There are people out there who genuinely try to defend his actions, however, which is... extremely weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I'd say Shirou is not really misogynistic - he is just an idiot when it comes to interacting with women. He falls head over heels in love with Saber in the Fate route, and his sheer lack of social skills causes him to act like a sexist bastard to "protect" her instead of, you know, actually dealing with his feelings in a healthy way.

Sure, we still have that wonderful scene of him saying Ayako being raped might teach her some "femininity", but I always found that scene weird, almost like it is an artifact from earlier versions of the character that Type-Moon neglected to remove. His behavior changes completely in UBW, HF and HA, and he seems to have no problem whatsoever being taught/protected/ordered around by women.
    Last edited by Benderesco; April 17th, 2020 at 01:16 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm fine with Caster Gil being a nice(r) person, since he's the wise king from the end of the Epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Actually the ayako scene was somewhat poorly translated IIRC, because as I recall the actual text was shirou saying again learning to run away instead of fighting was proof she was learning to act like a girl. Could be wrong. Of course thinking girls couldn’t fight and the endless “But you are a Girl!” Likes are, by Nasu’s own admission, him having trouble with saber being a girl.

either way, some misogyny in nasu’s part filtered to shirou even though it wasn’t intended, and even though I think both gen and nasu intended some chemistry between Gil and saber, it never appeared even one single time.

Its gunny to me that TM Gil and Iskandar seems to be reversed look and personality wise . My mental image of Gilgamesh from epic would be of a tall, tanned, maybe bearded mesopotamian guy who loves loves to fight but could be a bro if you get on his good side , while Alexander the great accurately was a bastard who looked down on everyone, and usually despicted as a bishi inatead of a buly man

Blog Entries
    And Alexander was the one famed for his armor, albeit white and made of linen.

I guess it's just his Original Humans thing.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning