Page 385 of 388 FirstFirst ... 285335375380383384385386387 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,700 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Honestly, Makiri Zolgen annoys me because he's all hype with no showing in various media.

Oh, Paracelsious knew him, Helena knew him, he created the Grail Ritual (with help), etc and yet he is never really "shown" doing anything.

He gets hyped up, and shilled, more and more but with nothing showing ever.

It's like all talk, no actual showing of what he is capable of really, it feels like to me.
    Yeah, he's a pretty lame villain.
    Last edited by Laserman; December 20th, 2020 at 02:10 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Yeah, he's a pretty lame villain.
    Zouken is a scary villain. Makiri, on the other hand, is just a hyped up guy we'll never actually see, but we'll always be reassured by everyone famous and their dog that Makiri was sort of an okay guy.

Honestly, considering how he obsessed over the Grail, and how the Makiri essentially dropped out due to their own issues and not due to the land or whatever, it makes me suspect he never really planned on having a true successor or anything.

Maybe he always was a sadistic little fuck even before he became senile.
    Last edited by warellis; December 24th, 2020 at 04:21 AM.

I wouldnt mind that twist, but i dont think nasu has the balls to do it, like theres a lot of a vagueness with zouken that shows he could probably still be a evil fucker even while before, like the dick worms didnt come from nowhere

If i had to give another complaint, nasu doesnt actually ever explore things and IF that would cause issues to any of his lore he just flat out ignores most of it

I bring this up due to the current case files bringing to thought of my issues of the lore of mystery and chinese myth and whats established doesnt work with the actual fucking dates of journey to the west.

One mile wide with the depth of a inch.

Some things are better as background information and history rather than having a massive need to consume magnifying glass beading onto it.

One of the problems with FGO is that it shallowly explores everything, and rips apart the foundation the setting is built on in the process, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Some things are better as background information and history rather than having a massive need to consume magnifying glass beading onto it.

One of the problems with FGO is that it shallowly explores everything, and rips apart the foundation the setting is built on in the process, imo.
    I don't want it to go the FGO way at all, it's just for some reason part of me feels Makiri is hyped in some way that feels kind of irritating.

I can't really put my finger on why I feel like he's so hyped. His talents and abilities are legitimate, just something makes me feel he's just there for referencing or hyping up again.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don’t think hyped is the right word because it implies Zolgen is being built up to have a central role in a future story, which I honestly don’t think he ever will again. Zouken/Zolgen is a very well-known face being used a reference measure or plot device to explain circumstances. Whether this alleviates or aggravates the problem is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I don’t think hyped is the right word because it implies Zolgen is being built up to have a central role in a future story, which I honestly don’t think he ever will again. Zouken/Zolgen is a very well-known face being used a reference measure or plot device to explain circumstances. Whether this alleviates or aggravates the problem is up to you.
    Eh I don't know. Honestly it's probably some irrational bugbear I have.

And yeah, hype isn't the best word. Perhaps embiggened is better to use.

Zouken is just 500 year old Touko

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Eh I don't know. Honestly it's probably some irrational bugbear I have.

And yeah, hype isn't the best word. Perhaps embiggened is better to use.
    Its about as hyped as Zel basically having all these plot threads and barely being used as a character.
    Or that there are any number of hanging world ending factors that somehow nobody can detect and are just sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post

Hah, even without FGO a lot of the foundations were already shallow

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    One dude last night took three hours of their time to delete every article in the Definitely Not BL Wiki and I guess this is the perfect thread to mention it.

At least we'll always have the seikadoc.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    One dude last night took three hours of their time to delete every article in the Definitely Not BL Wiki and I guess this is the perfect thread to mention it.
    Wow, first 1d4chan (and the nasuverse article I worked on), now this. Wikis under attack.

Can this be just rolled back? Is there an archive of some sort?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Some people are already working on reverting everything, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Wow, first 1d4chan (and the nasuverse article I worked on), now this. Wikis under attack.

Can this be just rolled back? Is there an archive of some sort?
    oh, 1d4chan was yew?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I even posted about it here to have people correct my more crackpot takes. .org went down and .net had the article rolled back six months or so. I panicked pretty hard because none of my work was in the 6 months old archive, but fortunately, .org is back and I now see the article is back also. I hate a bunch of stuff people added since tbh, the FGO bit at the end in particular, but don't really feel like touching it anymore.

Saved it in case this happens again.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Oh, so you’re the one who came up with “the Fourth is about concealment itself”

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    To be specific, the crackpot theory was 'The Fourth is responsible for the idea of Mystery being a thing at all, and is retroactively changing history and buffing important people the less is known about them.' For an application of the Magic, it could do stuff like create a genuine Noble Phantasm in the modern times.

Well, this is from a long time ago, before FGO. The fourth magician would have been Merlin or someone of his time since it was suspicious that the age of gods would specifically end with King Arthur. Clearly the Fourth ended it and that's why Mahoyo says it's making the all the magi seethe so much. Not like Merlin has a familiar named Four or anything!
    Last edited by Ratman; April 15th, 2021 at 08:08 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    With how Goetia's NP was said to be similar to Fifth magic and how Tiamat's Sea of Life is able to create True Ether, I have to wonder if some of the other Beasts connect to the other magics, though perhaps not fully at least partially.

Though I'm still fond of the theory that the fourth is just a hoax.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Heaven's Hole is a subspecies of the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.